Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #241
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think it should be safe to say that Romo is playing the QB position better than anyone outside of Tom Brady right now.

The guy has simply been amazing.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #242
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
On the Fasano non-catch, I believe the rule is if you go to the ground on your own (i.e. a dive) you have to control the ball upon hitting the ground. It's a pretty straight forward rule, I was shocked Phillips challenged it, it was obvious to me it wasn't a catch.

He had control, then hit the ground, then lost it - but it was perfectly caught & not bobbled until contact with the endzone caused the ball to get away from him.... I see that as a touchdown considering there was a fraction of a second separating the touchdown from the fumble...

It doesn't matter because we scored anyway...

I'm just glad Fasano got his first career TD because he's been a workhorse behind (and next to) Witten... (nice call, Alby!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-30-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #243
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Fasano's play wasn't a catch. If he goes down under his own power, he has to have control of the ball.

The 'ground can't cause a fumble' argument only presents itself when an opposing player is tackling/touching him.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #244
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
He had control, then hit the ground, then lost it - but it was perfectly caught & not bobbled until contact with the endzone caused the ball to get away from him.... I see that as a touchdown considering there was a fraction of a second separating the touchdown from the fumble...

It doesn't matter because we scored anyway...

I'm just glad Fasano got his first career TD because he's been a workhorse behind (and next to) Witten... (nice call, Alby!)
rep? no one would have called a fasano TD =p

Contact Me
Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #245
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Damn Alby, you're a rep whore.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #246
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

"Contact had been made, Austin went down, and I've seen inadvertent bumping called in a situation such as that, you know, "they got their legs tangled," which resulted in no flag. Not this time. Williams, in a trail position, nipped one of Austin's legs with his own, from behind. It wasn't a tangle, it was a trip..."
Page 2 of Dr. Z's article.

Interesting. I'm glad some media people don't think it was such a terrible call.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #247
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Well, I think it should be safe to say that Romo is playing the QB position better than anyone outside of Tom Brady right now.

The guy has simply been amazing.
It's kind of sad that Tom Brady is having the best season ever by a QB because it completely overshadows the really great season Romo is having right now. Romo is enjoying one of the better seasons by a quarterback in the history of the NFL but it doesn't get nearly the national recognition it probably should because Brady is putting up video game type numbers right now. Oh well, I can still sit back and enjoy how lucky we are to have Romo right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #248
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
It's kind of sad that Tom Brady is having the best season ever by a QB because it completely overshadows the really great season Romo is having right now. Romo is enjoying one of the better seasons by a quarterback in the history of the NFL but it doesn't get nearly the national recognition it probably should because Brady is putting up video game type numbers right now. Oh well, I can still sit back and enjoy how lucky we are to have Romo right now.

Romo had 4 TDs per game in 3 of the last 4 games...

If he has 4 TDs per game in 3 of the next 4 games, he'll beat Peyton Manning's 44-TD record by a touchdown...

Too bad Brady is still six up on Romo...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-01-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #249
alby
Guru

Yes, we hear Brady's name in the media a lot, but Romo's name is always mentioned as well. Come on guys, the public loves Romo =]

If Romo has a couple more years like this one or three rings like Brady, I'm sure he would be the coverboy.

Contact Me
Old 12-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #250
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Romo had 4 TDs per game in 3 of the last 4 games...

If he has 4 TDs per game in 3 of the next 4 games, he'll beat Peyton Manning's 44-TD record by a touchdown...

Too bad Brady is still six up on Romo...
huh? Manning's TD record is 49.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #251
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I effin hate Brady. Effin Go Cowboys!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #252
alby
Guru

Romo
2nd in the NFL in QB Rating
3rd in the NFL in passing yards
2nd in the NFL in touchdown passes

Owens
1st in the NFL in receiving yards
2nd in the NFL in touchdown catches
5th in the NFL in receptions

Jason Witten
1st in the NFL in TE receptions
3rd in the NFL in TE receiving yards
4th in the NFL in TE touchdown catches

Marion Barber
5th in the NFL in rushing touchdowns
9th in the NFL in rushing yards
5th in the NFL in yards per rush

Greg Ellis
2nd in the NFL in sacks

Demarcus Ware
4th in the NFL in sacks

Ken Hamlin
3rd in the NFL in interceptions

Anthony Henry

Terence Newman
7th in the NFL in interceptions

---

DAMN, it feels good to be a Cowboys fan

Contact Me
Old 12-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #253
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage
huh? Manning's TD record is 49.

Oh yeah... Well, that would put him third on the list (fourth if Brady doesn't get injured soon...)

Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 AM   #254
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby

DAMN, it feels good to be a Cowboys fan

Better than being a Mavs fan, I suppose... (especially on this board these days - we're starting to sound like Rockettes fans now!)

Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #255
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Hahah. Nice gifs man. You need one more of Aaron Rogers getting owned in the middle on that scramble.
this one?

down goes Favre!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #256
alby
Guru

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman has been scolded by the NFL. Newman received a letter from the league in regards to his comments about going after Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna Sunday. The letter, which was posted on his locker, was signed by Ray Anderson, NFL vice president of football operations, who admonished Newman and called his comments "thoughtless and irresponsible." Anderson said that the league would monitor his play during the game and that he could be fined or suspended if it determines that he followed through on his threat of bodily harm to Kitna.

Newman better still knock Kitna out.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-06-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #257
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Greg Ellis
2nd in the NFL in sacks

Demarcus Ware
4th in the NFL in sacks

Ken Hamlin

Anthony Henry

Terence Newman
7th in the NFL in interceptions
This is amazing to me. Especially Ellis. He missed liked 2 or 3 games as well. Not to mention Henry and Newman did as well. Just amazing.

And I can't believe Owens caught up with Moss in recieving yards. Does anyone really understand how special this Cowboys team has been this year?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #258
alby
Guru

Owens has surpassed Moss and is ranked #1 in yards. Moss is #3.

TO is 3 TD's behind Moss, I won't be surprised if he surpasses Moss there too ^_^

Contact Me