Old 04-18-2001, 10:15 PM   #41
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Big Mark scored!!! F Yeah!!
Old 04-18-2001, 10:26 PM   #42
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

That was fun... man, did Donnel Harvey and Eddie Najera look great tonight or what? Donnel's quick post moves were tearing apart Hammond, and man, the kid can get up in the air when he's contesting shots.... Najera showed some impressive ball-handling and his usual hustle and energy. He's pretty good at getting to the basket on the fastbreak... Eisley definitely looked more comfortable, Dirk's never looked more comfortable, Finley looked frickin' great...
Old 04-18-2001, 11:10 PM   #43
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

didn't get a chance to see the game. Too busy beating the bejesus out of Sigma Nu in softball. From the sounds of things, it was great.
Old 04-19-2001, 02:31 AM   #44
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Utah gets swept. The Mavs are ready for these playoffs. The rest of the world is about to get shocked. Findog is going to pop some caps in Utah's *ss. Nobody is going to stop Dirk. And Bradley will provide the long predicted playoff heroics. Bloomington is not safe this Saturday. Most of my friends who sometimes poke fun at the Mavs know to stay away from me, the bottle of Jack, and the 3:00 Saturday game... They are wise men...
Old 04-19-2001, 09:50 AM   #45
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Was anyone more entertained by what Najera did last night? He is a better ball handler than I thought he was. And for someone his size, he plays well above the rim. The funniest play was when I believe Donnel missed a shot, Najera grabbed the rim with one hand and slam the ball with the other. I thought he would get a tech with that play, but it just shows me how quick his reflexes are and how good his leaping ability is. I was also entertained by Donnel "don't mess with me!! attitude". He is going to be an enforcer in the future. I don't know how he will ever crack the line-up unless he starts outplaying Howard in two to three years. Wang surprised me with his ability to score quick points and his ability to pass. His biggest and most glaring struggles were positioning. You could tell that Eisley was frustrated in trying to work the pick and roll with him several times. On the defensive end, he always seemed to be behind his player and had no ability to make a defensive play. His old habits are going to take time to correct, but when China gets Wang back, they will be getting a better player even in the short time that he was here. The other bad habit he has that I noticed was that as soon as Minnesota shot the ball, he was already running up court rather than going for a defensive rebound. That habit surely is related to China's playing philoshy.
Old 04-19-2001, 12:25 PM   #46
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Harvey and Najera are both going to have productive careers with the Mavs. Nelson just doesn't like to play rookies, and that is the biggest reason we haven't been able to see much of the pair this year. At the beginning of the season, I saw Dr. Jack Ramsey describe Najera as a taller young Dan Marjle type of player... I am sure we are going to get to see a lot more of his hustling, multidimensional play next year... And I am very excited about the incredible athletic potential of "Animal" Harvey...
Old 04-19-2001, 12:39 PM   #47
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

najera a majerle?...well if najera improves his shooting, then maybe....
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 02:19 PM   #48
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Majerle's shooting is better than Najera???

Majerle: fg% 0.434% (career), 0.336% (this season)
Najera: fg% 0.523% (career and season)

I'll take the up and coming Najera. He does need work on free throws (0.42% Yikes!!!)