Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #201
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lakers : Shaq Is Back

let me see if i can spell it out for you
not having finley at the three means that the mavs will be significantly upgraded on both the perimeter and the interior.

a. dirk will be able to play his natural position at the 4 more often.. the 4 is his best position defensively

b. fin is a bad defender at the 3 spot. jamison, even if he doesn't live up to his potential, is an upgrade

c. having jamison at three allows fin to play the 2 spot. Not having NVE will mean the mavs can't go small nearly as much. This upgrades their interior defense. Having fin at the 2 instead of NVE at the 2 and having Jamison at the 3 instead of fin..well, this obviously helps both the perimeter and the interior defense

It's impossible to even debate these facts. It's just common sense
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2003, 05:59 PM   #202
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

[quote]
Originally posted by: WayOutWest

Quote:
No I didn't. Please show me where I asked that. In any case why do you need to point out he's not the only one who clogs the middle. What discussion are you following?
The following is a quote from you:
"Just like the Lakers offense falls apart when Shaq isn't scoring or passing out of double teams for players to get wide open looks, (players who can't create their own shot with the exception of Kobe) the Lakers defense falls apart when Shaq isn't clogging up the middle. Why do you think teams like Dallas, Portland and Spurs try to draw Shaq out from the lane?"

And i stated that Shaq isn't the only person that's being pulled out the paint. It's also a shame that Shaq has to dictate the Lakers offense and defense to win.

Quote:
What's dumb is how you continue to wander all over the place for no apparent reason. Who said anything about a "lock"? I said it was an advantage, an advantage that means you don't have to win a road game, hence the term "home court advantage", I would think a Mavs fan could appreciate that. Facing the Lakers in the playoffs with the Mavs having home court means they don't have to win one on the Lakers home court considering they haven't won a game on the Lakers home court in 10+ years or something.
You will have to win a road game if you lose a home game. Lakers fans should appreciate that considering the fact that they were beat by 28pt AT HOME. Which by the way, left Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant in tears. You didn't see any Bulls players cry after there championship streak was over.

Quote:
You're talking out both sides of you mouth. I did the same thing in regards to Shaq doing that for the Lakers on defense but you pulled out the "You really shouldn't look at teams b/c of individual players" bullshyte comment but at the SAME TIME you don't want the rule applied to you. WHATEVA!
KG and I were using him as an example. Normally when you get the best player(Antawn Jamison) from the best rebounding team(Golden State), your team will become better at rebounding. You didn't use Shaq as an example b/c he's the only good rebounder on the Lakers.

Quote:
WTF is that supposed to mean? You're a joke. Forget it, you've gone FilthyFinMavs on me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm done.
It meant that the top 4 or 5 teams will significantly stand out above the rest of the league, but they won't significantly stand out amongst each other. The same as last year.

And at least FFM doesn't make racists comments about hispanics.

Quote:
If that's what Jamison is then he is a very good fit, again the games I've watched he didn't post up much. Maybe it's because the Lakers are truely the b-ball gods and intimidated Twan. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. I bet you've only seen Jamison play once last year.

Since you are a laker fan, you'd know that Jamison has had the most success against the Lakers. Please don't judge a player based on the few games you've seen. It makes your argument look weak and stupid.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:53 AM   #203
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
let me see if i can spell it out for you
not having finley at the three means that the mavs will be significantly upgraded on both the perimeter and the interior.

a. dirk will be able to play his natural position at the 4 more often.. the 4 is his best position defensively

b. fin is a bad defender at the 3 spot. jamison, even if he doesn't live up to his potential, is an upgrade

c. having jamison at three allows fin to play the 2 spot. Not having NVE will mean the mavs can't go small nearly as much. This upgrades their interior defense. Having fin at the 2 instead of NVE at the 2 and having Jamison at the 3 instead of fin..well, this obviously helps both the perimeter and the interior defense

It's impossible to even debate these facts. It's just common sense
Murph,

What's impossible is for you to see that your opinion, just like mine, is based on assumptions. "Assumptions" plain and simple.

Next season we'll be able to debate this point based on facts and game results, until then I think it's going to be impossible for either of us to convince the other.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #204
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

of course, we don't know 100% yet. The difference is that my assumptions are much more realistic than yours
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:23 PM   #205
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
The following is a quote from you:
"Just like the Lakers offense falls apart when Shaq isn't scoring or passing out of double teams for players to get wide open looks, (players who can't create their own shot with the exception of Kobe) the Lakers defense falls apart when Shaq isn't clogging up the middle. Why do you think teams like Dallas, Portland and Spurs try to draw Shaq out from the lane?"

And i stated that Shaq isn't the only person that's being pulled out the paint.
Again, NO DUH! Who's even debating that point LET ALONE even asking the question. I think there is a reading comprehension problem going on around here.

Quote:
It's also a shame that Shaq has to dictate the Lakers offense and defense to win.
It's a shame that the NBA champion for the past 13 years in a row had to do the same. You really sound childish when you TRY to take little shots like that. Jordan, Hakeem, Duncan and Shaq have all dictated their teams offense AND defense for their CHAMPIONSHIP teams. Few players can do that, even guys like Magic, Bird and Dr. J didn't control BOTH ends of the court.

Quote:
You will have to win a road game if you lose a home game. Lakers fans should appreciate that considering the fact that they were beat by 28pt AT HOME.
You are sooooooooooooooooooo missing the point I'm starting to think you're just a troll. Just answer this simple question with a "yes" or a "no". If you have home court advantage in the playoffs do you have to win ONE SINGLE road game to win the series?

Not having to win a single road game should be important to a team like the Mavricks that suffered one of the most embarissing choke loses in NBA history when the Lakers beat them in a game were the Mavs had a HUGE lead in the 3rd and 4th quarters at Staples.

Quote:
Which by the way, left Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant in tears. You didn't see any Bulls players cry after there championship streak was over.
Anyone who knows anything about what happened to the Bulls championship team would recognize why that statement is STUPID with a capitol "M". (I hope that "M" joke isn't over your head, although your stupid statement made me post THIS stuff between the "()". LOL!)

Quote:
KG and I were using him as an example. Normally when you get the best player(Antawn Jamison) from the best rebounding team(Golden State), your team will become better at rebounding. You didn't use Shaq as an example b/c he's the only good rebounder on the Lakers.
WTF logic is that? You're off in the weeds on this one. Yes the Mavs should improve in rebounding because you're replacing a guy in your starting lineup with a better rebounder but trying to imply something about the "best player" from the "best rebounding team" is kid logic. If you would have got the "best REBOUNDER" from the "best rebounding team" that would be a whole nother story.

Quote:
It meant that the top 4 or 5 teams will significantly stand out above the rest of the league, but they won't significantly stand out amongst each other. The same as last year.
If that's what you meant then next time try posting that. I disagree but at least you're starting to make sense.

Quote:
And at least FFM doesn't make racists comments about hispanics.
No, he prefers to make racist comments about Asians. So what is your point young one? FFM was joking as was I, I know where he stands on that issue and he knows where I stand, that's alot more than you can say kid.

Quote:
You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. I bet you've only seen Jamison play once last year.

Since you are a laker fan, you'd know that Jamison has had the most success against the Lakers. Please don't judge a player based on the few games you've seen.
Bet all you want, I saw him play four times last year, twice against the Lakers and once against the Clips and I forget who else I saw him play against, I think it was Denver. I could watch Jamison play one season and know more about him than you could over a decade.

Quote:
It makes your argument look weak and stupid.
To someone like you that's understandable. Out of everyone in this thread I think you're the front runner for that award. You're either very clueless, very young or a very good troll. I'll just watch from here on out cause you're pretty much a lost cause and waste of time in my book.

Laterzzzz.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:19 PM   #206
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

[quote]
Originally posted by: WayOutWest

Quote:
Again, NO DUH! Who's even debating that point LET ALONE even asking the question. I think there is a reading comprehension problem going on around here.
When you say stuff like "why do you think teams like Dallas and Portland try to pull Shaq out the paint," you leave a lot to the imagination.

Quote:
It's a shame that the NBA champion for the past 13 years in a row had to do the same. You really sound childish when you TRY to take little shots like that. Jordan, Hakeem, Duncan and Shaq have all dictated their teams offense AND defense for their CHAMPIONSHIP teams. Few players can do that, even guys like Magic, Bird and Dr. J didn't control BOTH ends of the court.
Jordan did not have to dictate both ends of the court. He had solid forwards, scottie pippen, and a good perimeter defenders. The Spurs' championship was a team effort that was led by Duncan. I'd say Duncan led the last game with like 14rebounds and 7 blocks. And the '99 champs, he also had help from a hall of famer named David Robinson. Hakeem had no competition in the finals b/c Shaq had little help on the Magic.

And do you think it's a bad thing that one person doesn't have to dictate both ends of the court? That would make it impossible for teams of the future like Dallas, Sacramento, and L.A. to win.

Quote:
You are sooooooooooooooooooo missing the point I'm starting to think you're just a troll. Just answer this simple question with a "yes" or a "no". If you have home court advantage in the playoffs do you have to win ONE SINGLE road game to win the series?
Yes. No game is guaranteed. I don't know what else to say, it's just unintellegent to think the way you do. Tell me who was the last championship team that didn't have to win a road game? even the 16-1 Lakers lost a home game.

Quote:
Not having to win a single road game should be important to a team like the Mavricks that suffered one of the most embarissing choke loses in NBA history when the Lakers beat them in a game were the Mavs had a HUGE lead in the 3rd and 4th quarters at Staples.
Since you want to use REGULAR SEASON STATS, i'll tell you another regular season stats. The Mavs finished two years in the row with the best road record. Better than the Lakers, Spurs, and Kings.

[quote]
Anyone who knows anything about what happened to the Bulls championship team would recognize why that statement is STUPID with a capitol "M". (I hope that "M" joke isn't over your head, although your stupid statement made me post THIS stuff between the "()". LOL!)[.Q]

Please leave your corny jokes out of the conversations

Quote:
WTF logic is that? You're off in the weeds on this one. Yes the Mavs should improve in rebounding because you're replacing a guy in your starting lineup with a better rebounder but trying to imply something about the "best player" from the "best rebounding team" is kid logic. If you would have got the "best REBOUNDER" from the "best rebounding team" that would be a whole nother story.
You're absolutely right about the best player on the best rebounding team. Ok try having the 3rd leader in rebounding at the small forward position.

Quote:
Bet all you want, I saw him play four times last year, twice against the Lakers and once against the Clips and I forget who else I saw him play against, I think it was Denver. I could watch Jamison play one season and know more about him than you could over a decade.
Ok, watching four games isn't much difference from watching one. And since I am from NC and constantly watched UNC games(even though i hate them), and have watched over half the Warriors game, i think i'd know what type of player he is.

Quote:
To someone like you that's understandable. Out of everyone in this thread I think you're the front runner for that award. You're either very clueless, very young or a very good troll. I'll just watch from here on out cause you're pretty much a lost cause and waste of time in my book.
I'm the troll who's been here longer than you, and post more than you. You're the one who had the 0-7 Timberwolves as the fourth best team in the league. So who's wasting who's time?

The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #207
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

hey guys, i know it is offseason, and we are bored. but arguing with each other's opinions based on assumptions won't get us too far.

how about this: let our guest have the last words, and then we move on?