Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-29-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

18 (EIGHTEEN) rebounds for the game (Wallace had half of those). PJ Brown had 20 rebounds for the opposing team.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) — P.J. Brown looked up in disbelief.

Had the Charlotte forward actually outrebounded the entire Detroit Pistons team in the Hornets’ 85-82 victory Tuesday night? Yes, P.J. you did.

Detroit set an NBA record with just 18 rebounds, the lowest total in league history.

"I’ve been playing basketball for about 20 years," said Brown, who grabbed 17 defensive rebounds for a total of 20, "and I’ve never even heard of something like that in my life."

Baron Davis’ career-high 38 points were overshadowed somewhat by Detroit’s lackluster rebounding effort. The Pistons had one less rebound than Seattle did when it set the previous NBA record with 19 rebounds against Phoenix in 1999.

"We’re not proud of that," Detroit coach Rick Carlisle said.

Charlotte coach Paul Silas wasn’t too interesting in reflecting on the record.

"We’ve got to see them Friday," Silas said. "I’m not going to say a word."

The Hornets never trailed and appeared to be cruising to an easy victory with a 23-point third-quarter lead, but Detroit pulled to 85-82 with six minutes left.

Charlotte made just enough shots and stops to prevent the Pistons from getting any closer.

Detroit’s Ben Wallace, who was second in the NBA in rebounding last year, grabbed nine rebounds — three times more than any of his teammates.

"We may have only had 18 rebounds, but we were still in the game," Wallace said. "You just can’t dig yourself a hole like we did and expect to win. That’s the bottom line."

MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links