Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #361
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Those were two of the worst flagrant fouls i've ever seen called. I'm a nuggets fan and have no clue what these refs are doing....
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #362
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

this is not what i want to see, come on guys.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #363
grandmasta8

grandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the rough

this is getting comical
grandmasta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #364
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Since it's raining flagrant, why not give Carmelo a torn ACL?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #365
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Goatse...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #366
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but anyone who pulls the "you can't blame the refs" card is a complete and utter moron.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #367
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

BOHICA

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #368
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

The refs are calling this game tight, so if the Mavs want to even get close, they need to stop jacking up jumpers and take it too the rack. Also, the decision to put Howard on 'Melo is a complete joke. Whatever offense Howard gives you, he will more than cancel out defensively.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #369
rebbit

rebbit is on a distinguished road

Is anyone still blaming wright for not wrapping up carmelo or shoving him out of bounds? I guess he was right thinking he would get a flagrant for that.
rebbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #370
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Since it's raining flagrant, why not give Carmelo a torn ACL?
Hell, if Carmelo trips running down the court on a fast break we'll get a flagrant 2, even if no Mav is within 5 feet.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #371
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I love how people were defending the crap officiating by saying "it's the playoffs they let them make contact" or "it's the end of the game they don't call things." What's the excuse for this crap? There is none.

It's like that Bill Simmons article about everyone knows the officiating is crap, but none of the commentators or anyone can recognize it.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #372
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
The play I keep thinking back to is Game 3. Carter just reaches out and shoves Bass when bass is going for the dunk. No attempt at the ball whatsoever. But no flagrant. That was surely worse than both flagrants here.
Was it Carter ? I believe it was D. Jones who fouled Bass in that play.

Either way, this officiating is unbelievable. Not saying that the Mavs are playing well or better than the Nuggets, but come on now. Don't be so damn obvious. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by monty55555; 05-11-2009 at 10:19 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #373
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

any bets on how many players will be ejected this game?
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #374
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Even Charles admit it's not a flagrant.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #375
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

So how was KMarts foul on Dirk in game 1 not originally called a flagrant?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #376
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Denver has been making plays like that all series without it being a foul, why are we the ones who get punished for being physical?
Seriously...how often they slammed a Mav down like that to interfere a save basket?

And remember anyone Jones-Bass not being a flagrant in game 3?

Wow...its ridiculous.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #377
darkwitzki
Golden Member

Mavs dont want to go to Denver for another beating, let's end this now and prepare next season.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #378
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see RC grab the ball and punt it into the crowd on the next ridiculous call.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #379
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

I wish the cameras would zoom in on the refs making the calls a little more. They're the true playmakers.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #380
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA is rigged. I dk why some people think it's a "conspiracy theory". Just watch the games, the agenda is always discernible.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #381
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

The officiating might suck, but I wish we would start playing defense like the Nuggets.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #382
tremaine

tremaine has a spectacular aura abouttremaine has a spectacular aura about

You see why I hate the way the Nuggets are playing bball right now? They are trying to change basketball by making it more violent and less decided by skill. So they set a rough tone for this series from the beginning, when Kenyon Martin virtually threw Dirk to the floor.

So betwen that and the botched call at the end of game 3, League headquarters is worried about the potential for payback, a fight, things like that, in game 4. So the referees in this game are given marching orders by NBA headquarters to call as many flagrant and technical fouls as necessary to keep control of this game.

So the referees do call a large number of technicals and flagrants in game 4. But who gets them? You guessed it, the Mavericks are hammered with technicals and flagrants, as they try to repond to the Nuggets' disrespect of basketball by getting rougher themselves.

You see how George Karl and the Nuggets are trying to snooker the NBA and basketball? You see how they are getting away with it? By the time the League has responded to the Nuggets' style, it's the Mavericks who are "caught."

The Nuggets are getting away with trying to change basketball, until and unless the Nuggets are put down by the Lakers or the Rockets.

Only in George Karl's twisted mind was that a flagrant against Linas Kleiza. It was not a flagrant foul in any other series, only this one, for the reasons I just gave you.
tremaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #383
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
The officiating might suck, but I wish we would start playing defense like the Nuggets.
Umm, if we did that we'd have half our roster fouled out or ejected.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #384
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

The worst reffed game, bar none, that I've seen since 2006.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #385
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Canebad, I think that is BS. How many times have they just stole the ball from us (no foul) and ran down and jammed it in. We have to struggle to get shots off. I don't like them, but I will give them credit, they do play defense!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #386
mikewar1

mikewar1 will become famous soon enough

Just go out with class Dallas.
mikewar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #387
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
And, at this point, why would this matter?

Use up the fouls and when they're all used up, the game is over.

Next year bring in a couple of serious thugs--big guys at the minimum. It doesn't matter for the last couple of spots. Just the threat might make the NBA think seriously about what it's doing to the game.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #388
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
We cant? How many flagrants we would get?? NOW we are stopping the easy baskets like Denver did 3 games and now WE get hammered with flagrants for it.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #389
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I guess it wouldn't be classy if they refused to come out until that officiating crew is fired and replaced
Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #390
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I told you mf'ers early in the year that this league is a joke and I pretty much quit watching it. I was kind of sucked in again when we beat sa. Never again will I give another cent to this damned league until stern is gone. I am done for good. It's a shame that my favorite sport is unwatchable, but it is what it is. Rigged.

Nuggets fans, you have no shot in the next round even if you are a better team, which is entirely possible. It's been decided already. Sucks for you...we've been there, it blows but get ready for your anal raping. It's coming.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."

Last edited by mary; 05-12-2009 at 09:29 AM.
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #391
Gus

Maybe the Mavs can draft some guys straight out of prison or something. If that happens, it will be a shame that I won't be seeing it. The next Mavs loss is the last game of NBA basketball I watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer View Post
And, at this point, why would this matter?

Use up the fouls and when they're all used up, the game is over.

Next year bring in a couple of serious thugs--big guys at the minimum. It doesn't matter for the last couple of spots. Just the threat might make the NBA think seriously about what it's doing to the game.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #392
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

lol Mark Cuban's Twitter currently: I just got called for a flagrant 1 for sneezing. Its 2 kleenex and the ball #fb
Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #393
darkwitzki
Golden Member

No way we could win this series at this situation guys, let em have this one and prepare for next season. But before that i want to have :
1. Carlisle to punt the ball into the crowd for a lame call as suggested by BPo001.
2. Dampier to body slam Kmart and give a kick on the face.
3. Wright to left KMart grimacing in pain with a torn ACL.
4. Hollins to squeez Nene's testicles.
5. Cubes rushing directly to KMart for a straight jab.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #394
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I couldn't follow the first half, but it seems I didn't miss much. Nice reffing again...

Btw, finally RC has the guts to play Dirk longer in a decisive game. I didn't understand why Dirk only played 38 minutes during the last one.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #395
CadBane
Banned

I got called for a flagrant because I just touched my Carmelo basketball card.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #396
CadBane
Banned

Lol, but Dirk pounded and no call.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #397
Laotor

Laotor will become famous soon enough

These announcers are getting boring ...
Laotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #398
GOMAVS41

GOMAVS41 is on a distinguished road

The way this announcer says Nowitzki annoys me. Just call him Dirk dude.
GOMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #399
CadBane
Banned

That was out on Jones!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #400
CadBane
Banned

Howard sucks.

Tags
consistency there is none, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, false hope, gdt 08/09, mytagdeletedwhy?