Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough
Default Favorite Spur??

I know this is probably not a good thread to make on a Mavs board but if you guys had to pick a favorite Spurs or a Spurs that you could tolerate the most BESIDES Finley or NVE, who would it be? For me, my favorite Mav would have to be Josh Howard. He's an incredibly well rounded player and I think he's def. gonna be a future all star

good luck in game 3 guys!
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Timmah
Old 05-13-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

haha nice I thought he woulda been the most hated spur. I'll admit he needs to stop crying over every call he thinks shoulda gone his way but my biggest pet peeve is when people knock his game for not being "flashy" enough
Old 05-13-2006, 02:12 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sean Marks?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper
haha nice I thought he woulda been the most hated spur. I'll admit he needs to stop crying over every call he thinks shoulda gone his way but my biggest pet peeve is when people knock his game for not being "flashy" enough
Most hated spur? Well since you asked I would have to say Flopobili.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:24 AM   #6
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

U2, that ginobili clip in your sig is funny

and it really starts to irritate me the longer I watch it...

My most favorite Spurs has to be Avery...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:30 AM   #7
amuseddaysleeper

i mean current players
Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Definitely Timmy. I'm a huge fan of his game. I'd rather have him on the Mavs than any other player in the league.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:45 AM   #9
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

bruce bowen
:moon:
Old 05-13-2006, 04:59 AM   #10
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

ok maybe the French guy... I like how he's kind of unstoppable going to the hoop

but then...

he's not as fast as Devin
he's not as good a passer as Nash
he's not shooting the 3 as good as other point guards

Duncan is kind of boring...

Old 05-13-2006, 06:01 AM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Pop
Old 05-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah..probably Pop. But if I had to pick a player, I'd probably go with Horry or Oberto.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #13
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Woah, that's a tough one. During this series I won't chose any of them.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

If I had to pick one, it would be Bowen.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Duncan
Old 05-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

F*ck the spurs. None of them are worth a shat.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #17
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
If I had to pick one, it would be Bowen.
Worst choice ever.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 05-13-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Worst choice ever.
I like his defense, but yeah i guess that is a bad choice. I was gonna say Duncan, but he annoys me too.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #19
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I like his defense, but yeah i guess that is a bad choice. I was gonna say Duncan, but he annoys me too.
I'm gonna always remeber him for his kick and how he freaked out when Ray Allen raped him on the court...

Duncan would be a solid choice if he didn't whine like all the other Spurs...

Manu would be a good choice if he wasn't gay...

Parker if he wasn't bisexual...

Horry if he wasn't such a lucky devil...

Finley if he hadn't signed with the Spurs...but oh well...

NVE if he wasn't DONE...

Thinking about it, Brent Barry is one of my favorite players absolutely love watching him play, but during this series he's just another Spurs-Spare...

Old 05-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #20
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

This is like trying to pick your favorite kitten drowning, sheep raping, child molesting Nazi.

I piss upon this thread.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 05-13-2006 at 02:13 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #21
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

This choice is easy! EVA wins hands down for my favorite spur! She travels on the team plane, doesn't she?!! I am sure she and Tony are members of the mile high club.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be willing to bet that there are quite a few Spurs' wives/girlfriends that are better looking than Eva Longoria.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
This is like trying to pick your favorite kitten drowning, sheep raping, child molesting Nazi.

I piss upon this thread.
Great Post! I also pee on this thread, in a glorious, body temperature-warm, yellow salutation to Toni, Manu, Timmy, and all of my favorite sp*rts!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-13-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I would be willing to bet that there are quite a few Spurs' wives/girlfriends that are better looking than Eva Longoria.
I'm guessing in the spirit of this thread that most spurts enjoy the yellow streaming warmth of their boyfriends piss upon their faces so it would not matter whether or not their token wife was better looking than Eva.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-13-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite Spur is Finley.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #26
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

Nazr because I can't pronounce his name.

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #27
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah-vit-ski
Nazr because I can't pronounce his name.
I would suggest photoshopping that picture at least a little. The trophy looks bigger than Dirk.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #28
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe i'm one of two people who is going to pick Parker... and the other guy was bashing him, best player on the team. Hes definitely the most entertaining player on the Spurs and just awesome at getting to the basket, and as long as he stays in town so does Eva.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:31 AM   #29
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

it's like i'm supposed to pick the least retarded monkey out of a group of retarded monkeys.

i think tim duncan is still the best player in the world. also a great teammate and leader. i'd pick him.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:38 AM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are all cute when they are playing cards and fishing.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:10 AM   #31
twelli
Diamond Member

in the words of Nowitzki:

"It's playoff time. You can't root for a Spurs!"

Old 05-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #32
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

1) Finley
2) Van Exel
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #33
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

without a doubt, the big fundamental...

even if he is a whiny bitch.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #34
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

I always liked Timmy... until this playoff series.

His constant, constant whining has made me start to hate him. It's like he wants a foul EVERY single time on the offense, and NEVER fouls anyone on defense. Sick of his crying, whining attitude. And his pouting press conference after Game 4 was the worse. Show some class!
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #35
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuseddaysleeper
I know this is probably not a good thread to make on a Mavs board but if you guys had to pick a favorite Spurs or a Spurs that you could tolerate the most BESIDES Finley or NVE, who would it be?
The Big Fundamental.....love the low post game, it's a thing of basketball beauty.

Watching Timmy do his thing for five games AND watching the Mavs beat the Spurs in 5 (knock, knock, knock) is just about as good as basketball can ever get.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #36
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

To me 'Favorite Spur' is an oxymoron. You can't have those two words in the same sentence.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #37
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I'm kind of fond of Billy Paultz--he was sort of a Fabricio Oberto prototype.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

All time would have to be Iceman.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #39
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Fin-Dawg
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mike...
Little Nicky...
Timmah...
Horry...
That's it..

Edit: Make that Timmah
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-17-2006 at 08:22 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote