Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough
Default Mavs/Bucks Revisited

I think this change makes this deal a real possibility.

Mavericks Incoming:

Richard Jefferson
Luke Ridnour

Bucks Incoming:

Josh Howard
Jerry Stackhouse

Why the Bucks do it: Milwaukee is apparently shopping both Jefferson and Ridnour. Their goal is to save money to be able to resign Sessions and Villanueva. This deal could possibly give them the money they need, and still have a pretty interesting team going into next year. They could have a potential starting line-up of Sessions/Redd/Howard/Villanueva/Bogut. That's not to bad!

Why the Mavs do it: I believe Jefferson is exactly what this Dallas team needs. He can do everything Howard does if not better. He can shoot both mid-range and beyond the arc. He can drive and finish. He actually DRAWS FOULS in large amounts. He is about an average defender, and is decent on the boards. He is an excellent chemistry player. Icing on the cake is that we already know he can play with Kidd. He could even be a deciding factor on Kidd deciding to stay as they are good friends. He is playing great basketball right now, and we don't have to worry about him pulling disappearing acts like Howard. Luke will give us a better back-up behind Kidd. This is a guy I would trust much more than Barea coming off the bench. He puts up good numbers, and is a good team player. These two guys could have a much bigger impact than some people think.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote