Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-06-2009, 02:55 AM   #2081
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

also been listening to Ra-Black sheep. Very underrated band. Also its an older song but you should youtube their cover of every little thing she does is magic. Also for the anti bush people, duality of men is a good song.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #2082
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
this should be awesome, and in a really round about way got me to relisten to temple of the dog. Vedder and Cornell was an amazing combo. Speaking of which, Matt Cameron has drummed on a TON of amazing music. Hed be sneaky high on a list of if you could only listen to songs that one musician had a part in. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, and smashing pumpkins isnt too shabby a list of bands to have drummed for.
Damn, I love that Temple of the Dog Album... "i'm going hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" now i have to break it out and listen to it.

Didn't Grohl drum on the first QOTSA album? I'm pretty sure he at least played drums on "no one knows".

this is a supergroup i can get behind (i love the foo, and grohl can do no wrong in my eyes). Unlike chickenfoot.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #2083
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Damn, I love that Temple of the Dog Album... "i'm going hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" now i have to break it out and listen to it.

Didn't Grohl drum on the first QOTSA album? I'm pretty sure he at least played drums on "no one knows".

this is a supergroup i can get behind (i love the foo, and grohl can do no wrong in my eyes). Unlike chickenfoot.
he drummed on the third qotsa album, songs for the deaf which was the one with no one knows and go with the flow. The way i got around to listening to temple of the dog was i decided to listen to some qotsa in anticipation of them crooked vultures. After that i noticed matt cameron actually drummed for them at their first live show(before they changed names from gamma rae to qotsa) but declined to actually join the band so i went through some of his stuff. I got to temple of the dog and remembered how much i loved that cd. I know it was a once in a lifetime thing but that coulda been the supergroup to end all supergroups.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-06-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #2084
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah, ok, the first QOTSA i was aware of (with "no one knows" - great song).
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #2085
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
ah, ok, the first QOTSA i was aware of (with "no one knows" - great song).
yeah ill be honest thats the first time id ever heard of them. I just happened to go back and listen to more of them after hearing them. Actually you should check out eagles of death metal(its not death metal) but its josh hommes other band(hes not the lead singer) and they are pretty good. Plus their videos are hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3kTdx1QBw the sound quality on that video isnt perfect but oh well.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #2086
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep. That album was a masterpiece which gets me very excited about this one. I don't know what kind of music to expect.

Here's an EoDM with Grohl, Homme, and Jack Black in it. Also Elisha Cuthbert makes a cameo appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSje2l3VOg
Old 08-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #2087
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Click

Last edited by GermanDunk; 08-10-2009 at 03:39 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #2088
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

street sweeper social club.............makes me sad to hear morello without Zach. It sounds like rage, but with a terrible frontman. and even a weak bass without tim....
its gotta couple of decent tracks, but is just a tease for what it could be.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #2089
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

also, im f'n dying for the new chevelle. gonna catch em live on the 20th. seen them once, and they're the real deal.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #2090
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211 View Post
street sweeper social club.............makes me sad to hear morello without Zach. It sounds like rage, but with a terrible frontman. and even a weak bass without tim....
its gotta couple of decent tracks, but is just a tease for what it could be.
morello is a douche bag that did it to himself.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #2091
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Went to see Willie, Mellencamp, and Dylan on Friday in Grand Prairie. Man, Dylan is pretty awful. Don't smoke, children. Willie and Mellencamp were both in top form. I am so glad Mellencamp didn't sing that song from the Chevy commercials. Someone would have died.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #2092
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Been a long time since I posted in this thread, but:

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Ha Ha Tonka - Novel Sounds of the Nouveau South
Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #2093
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

here's a real taste of Them Crooked Vultures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQEOEnQlXjg

they are releasing bits and pieces of stuff in a viral marketing campaign. Apparently the October release date of the album was a hoax, so we don't know anything yet. They played their first show in Chicago at midnight on the 10th. From descriptions, it's very qotsa-esque and was described as "Josh's best work to date". We'll see.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #2094
Just211
Platinum Member

sick puppies- tri polar
good stuff
Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #2095
Windmill360
Diamond Member

what's up guys. just letin you metal fans know that Mastodon will be in town with Dethklok on November 11th. Should be pretty amazing. was surprised when they didn't announce a Texas date at the start of the Crack the Skye tour but now it's finally here.

get tickets right here: http://www.adultswim.com/shows/metal...our/index.html
Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #2096
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #2097
Just211
Platinum Member

chevelle brought that sh!t as usual......anywho. their album is leaked on youtube, and A+.
sleep apnea and letter from a thief are great.
if you like that type of stuff

also, Staind covered Pantera's THIS LOVE on the 20th in honor of Dimebags anniversary.....best song all night.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #2098
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Love chevelle. Too bad I didn't find out about their gig until a few days ago. Jars is pretty awesome.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #2099
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

How did I not know until today that pearl jam is coming out with a new album? Heck yeah!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #2100
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How did I not know until today that pearl jam is coming out with a new album? Heck yeah!
Are you sure you want to mention that? The music nazi's who exclusively list bands in this thread that no one has ever heard of that don't get played on the radio may find you and silence you.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #2101
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Are you sure you want to mention that? The music nazi's who exclusively list bands in this thread that no one has ever heard of that don't get played on the radio may find you and silence you.
Don't hate on your betters...

Also, Perl Jam is still around??? I haven't heard from them since Ticketmaster kicked their ass in court...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-25-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #2102
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I'll always buy PJ's albums. People like to dog on them, but i always get into it.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #2103
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'll always buy PJ's albums. People like to dog on them, but i always get into it.
I'll back you on Pearl Jam man. I, also, am pretty excited about the new albulm.
Oh, and all those no-name metal bands can suck it! j/k
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #2104
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I just remembered how much I like Cake.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #2105
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I just remembered how much I like Cake.

Wrong Cake?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #2106
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wrong Cake?
No, why?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #2107
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Danzig III: How the Gods Kill
Easily the mans best work, and even after 17 years a great album to turn off the lights, put on headphones, and listen to in its entirety.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 PM   #2108
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Chevelle sci-fi crimes.

Fell into your shoes is amazing.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #2109
fluid.forty.one

I really hope that the songs that have been leaked from the Blueprint 3 aren't actually on it... they suck. I'm sick of the few really good rappers left changing their sh!t to keep up with trends.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #2110
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking about listening to music again...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #2111
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Chevelle sci-fi crimes.

Fell into your shoes is amazing.
For real. I'm the biggest Chevelle fan ever and this album totally exceeded my expectations. I was pretty disappointed with Vena Sera so...

Anyway, I like that song and Roswell's Spell and the whole album. I'm so in love it's not even funny haha.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #2112
Just211
Platinum Member

u guys hear the acoustic sleep apnea? pretty good stuff
Old 09-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #2113
fluid.forty.one

blueprint 3 got leaked

it's so good...
Old 09-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #2114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-19-2009 at 07:29 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #2115
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan Seals greatest hits.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #2116
fluid.forty.one

new john mayer single is out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynABg6V_niI
Old 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #2117
Just211
Platinum Member

Five Finger Death Punch - war is the answer
Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #2118
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
what's up guys. just letin you metal fans know that Mastodon will be in town with Dethklok on November 11th. Should be pretty amazing. was surprised when they didn't announce a Texas date at the start of the Crack the Skye tour but now it's finally here.

get tickets right here: http://www.adultswim.com/shows/metal...our/index.html
I should have listened to you earlier when you mentioned Mastodon..... I'm just getting into it, but Oblivion has me hooked.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #2119
Underdog

Last edited by Underdog; 09-27-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: image diasappeared ('effing capitalists!)
Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #2120
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Duncan Hills, Duncan Hills, Duncan Hills, COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!

BRUTAL! At least they don't play grandpa's guitars.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here