Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #1961
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
God that was beautiful to witness for those of us in the arena last night. The hush of the crowd as he releases the shot and as it hangs in the air for what, 3 seconds? Then SPLASH and the crowd goes nuts. Absolutely amazing, jaw dropping stuff. Just no words.

We're all obviously spoiled by the greatness that Dirk offers up every day but how great is it that every once in a while he still makes you say "wow" like that.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #1962
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
So WET
Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #1963
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

And Dirk shows he's top 15 of all time with the possibility of making the elite 10

Bill Russell - passed 4/19/11
Patrick Ewing - passed 5/2/11
Robert Parish - passed 5/2/11
Charles Barkley - passed 5/4/11
Sam Jones - passed 5/17/11
Clyde Drexler - passed 5/19/11
Reggie Miller - passed 5/19/11
James Worthy - passed 5/24/11
Julius Erving - passed 6/2/11
Dennis Johnson - passed 6/5/11
Kevin McHale - passed 6/9/11

14th place-- 414 to Wilt Chamberlain
13th place-- 430 to Elgin Baylor

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-10-2011 at 07:10 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #1964
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Just curious,is Dirk religious?
Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #1965
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatLA View Post
Just curious,is Dirk religious?
Yes, he goes to the gym and worships the Basketball Gods daily.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #1966
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This!

Honestly though, I don't think so. Most Europeans aren't very religious - if anything maybe spiritual. I haven't ever heard Dirk reference a higher power in relation to basketball (before, after games, conferences) - like let's say Jason Terry. Then again he's a very private person, so we might never know. Just some food for thought:

From wiki:
"Religion
Main article: Religion in Germany
The Cologne Cathedral at the Rhine river is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Christianity is the largest religion in Germany, with around 49.4 million adherents (62.8 percent) in 2008[117] of which 24.5 million are Protestants (29.9 percent) belonging to the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) and 24.9 million are Catholics (30.0 percent) in 2008; the remainder belong to small denominations (each less than 0.5 percent of the German population).[118] Protestantism is concentrated in the north and east and Roman Catholicism is concentrated in the south and west. 1.6 percent of the country's overall population declare themselves Orthodox Christians.[117]

The second largest religion is Islam with an estimated 3.8 to 4.3 million adherents (4.6 to 5.2 percent)[119] followed by Buddhism and Judaism, both with around 200,000 adherents (0.3 percent). Hinduism has some 90,000 adherents (0.1 percent) and Sikhism 75,000 (0.1 percent). All other religious communities in Germany have fewer than 50,000 adherents. Of the roughly 4 million Muslims, most are Sunnis and Alevites from Turkey, but there are a small number of Shi'ites and other denominations.[119] Germany has Europe's third largest Jewish population (after France and the United Kingdom).[120] Around 250,000 active Buddhists live in Germany; 50 percent of them are Asian immigrants.[121] Non-religious people make up between 34 and 55 percent, especially in the former East Germany and major metropolitan areas.[122] A poll by Der Spiegel found that 45 percent of Germans believe in a God.[123][not in citation given]
"

I'm from Russia and I'm atheist. My parents and grandparents are more agnostic.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #1967
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Im pretty sure its the other way around.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #1968
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
Im pretty sure its the other way around.
Nice.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #1969
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst0509 View Post
God that was beautiful to witness for those of us in the arena last night. The hush of the crowd as he releases the shot and as it hangs in the air for what, 3 seconds? Then SPLASH and the crowd goes nuts. Absolutely amazing, jaw dropping stuff. Just no words.

We're all obviously spoiled by the greatness that Dirk offers up every day but how great is it that every once in a while he still makes you say "wow" like that.
Someone once posted a beautiful paragraph about the experience of watching Dirk shoot the three ball. I can't recall if it was a professionally written piece or something a member here wrote but I think about it every time Dirk lines up from behind the arc. The way it ended referenced the desire to always see the shot just one more time.

If anyone may recall who wrote that or where it is I would love to see it again.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #1970
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
This!

Honestly though, I don't think so. Most Europeans aren't very religious - if anything maybe spiritual. I haven't ever heard Dirk reference a higher power in relation to basketball (before, after games, conferences) - like let's say Jason Terry. Then again he's a very private person, so we might never know. Just some food for thought:

Thanks.I agree with you.
He's private but he's also nice by telling radio hosts a lot of private things, like his life in summer. It's just they don't ask serious questions about belief or death.
I wish Dirk can write a book about himself someday.
I 'm an atheist too.

Last edited by beatLA; 06-10-2011 at 11:32 PM.
beatLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #1971
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
This!

From wiki:
"Religion
Main article: Religion in Germany
[I]The Cologne Cathedral at the Rhine river is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Christianity is the largest religion in Germany, with around 49.4 million adherents (62.8 percent) in 2008[117] of which 24.5 million are Protestants (29.9 percent) belonging to the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) and 24.9 million are Catholics (30.0 percent) in 2008;
Old 06-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #1972
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Juwan Howard said it best: "You can't simulate Dirk, just like you can't simulate Michael [Jordan]."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...i-is-a-problem
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #1973
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I wonder what Juwan Howard and Eric Dampier are thinking... They've played alongside Dirk.. You know that if they weren't with the Heat currently that they'd 100% rather Dirk get his ring over Wade and James... If the Heat had somehow managed to win the series, I think it'd be a little bittersweet for those two.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #1974
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Sometimes I wonder what Juwan Howard and Eric Dampier are thinking... They've played alongside Dirk.. You know that if they weren't with the Heat currently that they'd 100% rather Dirk get his ring over Wade and James... If the Heat had somehow managed to win the series, I think it'd be a little bittersweet for those two.
Juwan seems like such a classy guy and teammate. You have to wonder what's going through his mind watching the antics play out in that locker room.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #1975
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

If you missed the halftime feature on Dirk and Holger in game 4, nba.com has posted it here. Good stuff.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #1976
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Juwan seems like such a classy guy and teammate. You have to wonder what's going through his mind watching the antics play out in that locker room.
I tend to agree but it didnt make those cheap shots he took on the Mavs any more palatable. I know people advocate the hard foul but when it happens TO your team its always worse
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #1977
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Dirk Nowitzki - Where Amazing Happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBsvc---04

not sue if anyone remembers that commercial, but it was legendary.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #1978
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

"Where my best is yet to come happens."

So true.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #1979
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

GERMAN MATH NERDS > LEBRON'S QUICK TWITCH MUSCLE FIBERS

Quote:
The foundation for Nowitzki's shot — with his right elbow directed at the rim as if it were a compass — is physics. If the rim and the size of the ball is constant, the player's height is the lone variable. Geschwindner says that if Nowitzki's shot were a 47-degree arc — relatively flat — the radius of the ball would be the same as the radius of the ellipse of the rim as the ball approaches.

In other words, there is virtually no margin for error. If it is higher, about 60 degrees, the ellipse's radius increases — as does the chance that the ball will go in — without having to use much more strength.

"Everybody makes jokes about Dirk's rainbow shot, but the thing about it is he can make more mistakes with distance and left and right and the ball still goes in," Geschwindner said. "Understanding that, you can try more risky shots because you have more room for errors. It has nothing to do with talent — everything we teach is totally independent of talent. It's a rule system."

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 06-12-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #1980
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Cool list. Guys with at least 10 all-star appearances, MVP, and Finals MVP.

Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Duncan
Bird
Kobe
West
Moses Malone
MJ
DIRK
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #1981
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Cool list. Guys with at least 10 all-star appearances, MVP, and Finals MVP.

Wilt
Hakeem
Shaq
Duncan
Bird
Kobe
West
Moses Malone
MJ
DIRK
I think that says it all.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #1982
Underdog

Time to take the "random" out of the thread title - there's nothing random about Dirk's greatness...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #1983
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

From Dwain Price on Twitter:

"Cuban said he once had a chance 2 trade Dirk 4 Kobe and decided not 2 do it."
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #1984
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From Dwain Price on Twitter:

"Cuban said he once had a chance 2 trade Dirk 4 Kobe and decided not 2 do it."
He's overstating that a bit. Cubes never said he had an offer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #1985
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #1986
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk averaged 10.4 PPG in the 4th Quarter in the Finals. In the past 15 years, only two guys have averaged more. Shaq and MJ.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #1987
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk averaged 10.4 PPG in the 4th Quarter in the Finals. In the past 15 years, only two guys have averaged more. Shaq and MJ.
Jordan/Shaq/Dirk - that has a sensible ring to it...

Old 06-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #1988
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He's overstating that a bit. Cubes never said he had an offer.
He probably didn't. But if they were smart, he did, don't you think?

I remember that being a season of wild speculation.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #1989
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Ty Lawson: The most swagged put shit I seen in my life .... Dirk walks in liv with the NBA trophy on his shoulder... #gotdamn

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #1990
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jordan/Shaq/Dirk - that has a sensible ring to it...

PUN!!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #1991
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Jörg Nowitzki (Vater von Dirk Nowitzki): "Der Titel ist für Dirk etwas ganz Besonderes, weil er jetzt endlich auch in Amerika als echte Sportgröße anerkannt ist."

Quote:
The Title is very special for Dirk, because even in America he is now recognized as one of the sports gross ones ( Jörg Nowitzki )
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 AM   #1992
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Pretty sure Dirk will be named "German Athlete of the Year". Martin Kaymer has done very well, but Golf is not very popular with the german TV Auditorium. +There are no major Soccer events upcoming. The only one, who could outscore Dirk is F1 Race Driver Sebastian Vettel, but he has been Sportsman of the Year last year. So that might play into Dirks cards.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #1993
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Pretty sure Dirk will be named "German Athlete of the Year". Martin Kaymer has done very well, but Golf is not very popular with the german TV Auditorium. +There are no major Soccer events upcoming. The only one, who could outscore Dirk is F1 Race Driver Sebastian Vettel, but he has been Sportsman of the Year last year. So that might play into Dirks cards.
Kaymer is not someone who would impress, as the best product coming out of the nation.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #1994
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Kaymer is not someone who would impress, as the best product coming out of the nation.
Although it is quite unique for a player not located on the isle, you are correct here.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:31 AM   #1995
Underdog

Dirk had a sh!tty game and still got 21/11.

Stud...

Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #1996
HiddenX

HiddenX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Jörg Nowitzki (Vater von Dirk Nowitzki): "Der Titel ist für Dirk etwas ganz Besonderes, weil er jetzt endlich auch in Amerika als echte Sportgröße anerkannt ist."
correct translation:

The title is very special for Dirk, because he is now finally recognized as a true great sports champion in America, too.

Last edited by HiddenX; 06-13-2011 at 07:11 AM.
HiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #1997
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Actual exchange as I was laying in bed last night watching dirk in his post-game presser.

Me: "I love you"
My wife (waking up cause she heard me say it): "I love you, too"
Me: "oh, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to dirk."
Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #1998
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

ok..seriously, I don't need to sports cry at work.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #1999
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Bump because this thread is on page two of the forum right now, and that's not acceptable.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #2000
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Okay, here a small compilation of NBA records Dirk set during the playoffs this year. Maybe I'm missing one, don't know. Unfortunately not all of them are updated here, maybe someone with access can do it.

Playoff game:

Most free throws made in a game without a miss:
24 by Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks (vs. Oklahoma City Thunder) on May 17, 2011

Most free throws made in a half:
19 by Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers vs. the Golden State Warriors on May 8, 1991
19 by Karl Malone, Utah Jazz vs. the Portland Trail Blazers on May 9, 1991
19 by Charles Barkley, Phoenix Suns vs. the Seattle SuperSonics on June 5, 1993
19 by Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks vs. Oklahoma City Thunder on May 17, 2011

Most free throws made in a quarter:
13 by Michael Jordan, Chicago Bulls (vs. Detroit Pistons) on May 21, 1991
13 by Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks (vs. Portland Trail Blazers) on April 16, 2011
13 by Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks (vs. Oklahoma City Thunder) on May 17, 2011

NBA FINALS Series:

6-game series

Highest free throw percentage
97.8% by Reggie Miller, Indiana Pacers (vs. Los Angeles Lakers), 2000
97,8% by Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks (vs. Miami Heat), 2011

NBA FINALS Career

Highest free throw percentage (min. 100 attempts)

93.0% by Dirk Nowitzki (94 made in 101 attempts)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer