Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #4921
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

There is no reason to force Dirk to the bench. He might not be as effective as he was but he's still valuable to the team

And its not like we have a 4 waiting to take his spot. To bench Dirk we would have to play somebody at the 4 who doesn't fit there
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #4922
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He has not said this was his last season, and actually did say he was going to take one season at a time... Already hinted at possibly coming back next season if his body is up to it.
That's what I thought. In another article I read that Jordan agreed to his $24.1 million contract and will play with Dirk during his farewell season. I think that person just made an idiotic assumption.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #4923
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs#1Fan View Post
There is no reason to force Dirk to the bench. He might not be as effective as he was but he's still valuable to the team

And its not like we have a 4 waiting to take his spot. To bench Dirk we would have to play somebody at the 4 who doesn't fit there
Dirk really can't play the 4 anymore. He's too slow. Teams will make him switch onto a guard on the perimeter and he will get murdered. Dirk is a 5 now.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #4924
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yea, If Powell come out of the gates playing like he did for the last 1/3 of the season we do. Imo, we would have great punch with JJ wes and Dirk off the bench.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:52 AM   #4925
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I love watching Dirk Nowitzki, even though he's older, slower, and as clumsy with the ball as ever. I see the concerns with him guarding forwards and teams making switches on him. I want lots of defense from a 5 though and his shot will always be there. Instant offense off the bench is what I hope we can get out of him. However, Carlisle gets paid the big bucks to figure this out, not us. I hope Dirk has put in all of the usual work so that maybe he won't be as slow as we think he'll be.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #4926
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

It might be Dirk's last year. How much could it possibly hurt to have him honored as a starter in the pregame introductions? Will it cost us 6 wins? 10? 1?

Who cares. Dirk deserves to start and get the accolades.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #4927
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It might be Dirk's last year. How much could it possibly hurt to have him honored as a starter in the pregame introductions? Will it cost us 6 wins? 10? 1?

Who cares. Dirk deserves to start and get the accolades.
If you think that choosing accolades instead of winning is the way to honor him, then you don't know Dirk.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #4928
Mavs#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
If you think that choosing accolades instead of winning is the way to honor him, then you don't know Dirk.
I know (or don't know) Dirk just as well as you do.

I think that Dirk would be honored to be introduced as a starter for the rest of his career. He might not ASK for it but he would be honored to represent the team in that way.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #4929
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know (or don't know) Dirk just as well as you do.

I think that Dirk would be honored to be introduced as a starter for the rest of his career. He might not ASK for it but he would be honored to represent the team in that way.
It would be a sentimental move. Idk, you have to let the chips fall where they may and I think he knows best when he should be our microwave off the bench. He would get an huge applause every time he enters the game, maybe even some chants when he gets up to check in. There are positive ways to see this too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #4930
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Dirk has said that he feels like he'll be able to move better laterally after the ankle surgery. Hopefully that helps out a bit.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #4931
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Who passes Wilt first? Wilt has 31,419 career points. Followed by Dirk at 31,187 then Lebron at 31,038. Pretty crazy to think Lebron has that many points and he is only 33. Lebron might pass up Dirk before he catches Wilt on the all time scoring list.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 AM   #4932
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Who passes Wilt first? Wilt has 31,419 career points. Followed by Dirk at 31,187 then Lebron at 31,038. Pretty crazy to think Lebron has that many points and he is only 33. Lebron might pass up Dirk before he catches Wilt on the all time scoring list.
Lebron might pass Dirk two weeks into the season. He's gonna score a LOT of points for the Lakers
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #4933
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

If you go with the first 15 games, then
Dirk needs 232 and average 15.5
Lebron needs 381 and average 25.4

I could see Dirk getting it since he will be rested, recovered. I could see Dirk not getting it because he will let DSJ and Doncic do their thing while he just provides scoring stability where/when needed.

I could see Lebron getting it because the rest of the new team will defer to him. I could see Lebron not getting it because he will over-emphasize getting his new teammates involved.

It's going to be very entertaining to watch regardless. It would be pretty funny if Dirk got it and then Lebron over took him on the same night which could very well happen.

Last edited by MavzMan; 07-13-2018 at 08:20 AM.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #4934
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lebron gets it a handful games before Dirk.

Lebron is going to score easily 25+ with all the shitty offensive players on the roster. Dirk probably wont average 15
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #4935
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
It would be pretty funny if Dirk got it and then Lebron over took him on the same night which could very well happen.
That would be epic
Old 07-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #4936
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Dirk probably wont average 15
I could easily see him average 15 until he passes Wilt or Lebron passes him. He's supposedly healthy now after his ankle surgery, will be fully rested at the beginning of the season and motivated to get it before Lebron does. I can see the team rallying around him and feeding him a few more points than usual. And last, hopefully Doncic proves to be as iconic a passer as his rep and Dirk is the perfect cross-court target for an open three.

Lebron can easily average 25 ppg. He could easily average 35 ppg and pass Dirk in 10 games. He is a huge question mark on what style of play he starts the season with. I honestly see him wanting to acclimate his teammates by feeding them open shots more than worrying about scoring. Lebron knows he's going to pass Dirk and Wilt so I also expect him to push that hard just to pass Dirk before Dirk passes Wilt. The Lakers were 21st in team scoring last season, but they are also a year older on an extremely young team.

If I'm betting, I go with Dirk. But then I would also put money on Lebron passing Dirk on the same night because it will be that close. Regardless, I'm super excited for the beginning of the season!

Last edited by MavzMan; 07-13-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #4937
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

If Lebron is really going to play more off ball with the playmakers the Lakers have then I think he could be shooting more 3's and getting the ball in the post. I think he's going to maybe drop some in overall assists and his scoring average could be in the running for a scoring title. If he wins he will I think be the 2nd oldest player to win the scoring title since Jordan and it will be his 2nd? I think. The only other one I remember was a decade ago. Idk if he beats out RWB or Harden but I think he will be more of a scorer with the Lakers honestly.

I don't expect Dirk to score more than 10-12 a game personally. Last year everyone in the starting lineup had more fga's a game then he did, sans a center if Dirk was at the 4. He's a pick n pop and spot up 3 guy at this point. Very real possibility he plays under 22 mins a game and puts up less than 9 shots a game. Our backup guards will put up more shots than him. So unless he just torches it from an efficiency standpoint I expect Lebron to pass him before Wilt, easily so really imo.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #4938
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ShamsCharania: Sources: Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks plan to finalize a one-year, $5 million deal. Neither side appears in rush to sign the contract. Nowitzki is a Maverick for life, of course.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #4939
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Always going for the most money...he just cant get enough....smh
Old 07-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #4940
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I'd love it if Dirk and LeBron were playing each other the same night they both pass Wilt. Of course, Dirk needs to do it first.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #4941
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I'd love it if Dirk and LeBron were playing each other the same night they both pass Wilt. Of course, Dirk needs to do it first.
Wow. Could you imagine them dueling each other, point for point? Crazy
Old 07-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #4942
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Wow. Could you imagine them dueling each other, point for point? Crazy
I think it's safe to say that it'd be one of the most memorable games ever.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #4943
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk would have fun with it too. I can see him after the game commenting how it was amazing to be 5th all time for those 3 minutes till Lebron passed him.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #4944
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I'm hoping for a career ending knee injury for Lebron..but if it has to happen to someone in the NBA.......
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #4945
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Not that I'm hoping for a career ending knee injury for Lebron..but if it has to happen to someone in the NBA.......
...then i pick first Harden, then Paul and then Durant

Lebron grew a lot after 2011. Im sure the stuff he regrets the most is centered around 2010-2011. The ring counting, the decision, being part of the Wade mocking etc
Old 07-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #4946
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
...then i pick first Harden, then Paul and then Durant

Lebron grew a lot after 2011. Im sure the stuff he regrets the most is centered around 2010-2011. The ring counting, the decision, being part of the Wade mocking etc
I agree on the Lebron thing. My level of hate for disapated considerably after he separated himself from DWade who is the true ultimate Mavericks hate target.

Also agree with Harden and Paul. It would be epic if they were to run into each other and both tear their knees as they attempt a flop.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #4947
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk formally signed his contract to come back for his 21st year with the Mavs, surpassing Kobe to become the only player to ever play 21 seasons with a single team

21- Dirk
20- Kobe
19- Duncan
19- Stockton
18- Reggie Miller
16- Ginobli

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-23-2018 at 11:04 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:16 AM   #4948
Luka's Mom

Luka's Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dirk formally signed his contract to come back for his 21st year with the Mavs, surpassing Kobe to become the only player to ever play 21 seasons with a single team

21- Dirk
20- Kobe
19- Duncan
19- Stockton
18- Reggie Miller
16- Ginobli
^ That's pretty much an unbreakable record, especially in today's league. It takes a very special level of talent and personality to achieve something like this. You have to be very valuable to your team for a very long time, you also have to be very loyal and willing to make sacrifices for that said team. Bottom line, you have to be truly great to achieve something like that.

Last edited by Luka's Mom; 07-24-2018 at 03:19 AM.
Luka's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:24 AM   #4949
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka's Mom View Post
^ That's pretty much an unbreakable record, especially in today's league. It takes a very special level of talent and personality to achieve something like this. You have to be very valuable to your team for a very long time, you also have to be very loyal and willing to make sacrifices for that said team. Bottom line, you have to be truly great to achieve something like that.
Luka gonna tie that record in 2039.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #4950
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

from Bobby Karalla and Ethan Parsons twitter ~
Fun fact: Dirk is the all-time leader with >= 20pt games w/ 0 turnovers by a wide margin.
Dirk has 132 games with 20+ points and zero turnovers, which is the most by far of anyone since at least 1963-64. Next up is LaMarcus Aldridge with 89.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #4951
Luka's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
from Bobby Karalla and Ethan Parsons twitter ~
Fun fact: Dirk is the all-time leader with >= 20pt games w/ 0 turnovers by a wide margin.
Dirk has 132 games with 20+ points and zero turnovers, which is the most by far of anyone since at least 1963-64. Next up is LaMarcus Aldridge with 89.
It sounds impressive, but it's pretty natural that big men dominate such a list. They don't handle the ball that much and aren't trying to constantly set up their teammates. Hence, very few turnovers. I'd never expect guys like LeBron/Harden/Durant even show up on a list like that.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #4952
sefant77
Guru

Sooo....if the team is really fun this year and the next offseason is solid (re-signing Jordan or getting Capela + Mr. X), you think Dirk is maybe back another year?

Of course after staying healthy this season. Coming back another year means pretty much he is going to catch Jordan. I know he always says he doesnt care about such records or statistics but i think it would be a big thing for him too...
Old 07-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #4953
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sooo....if the team is really fun this year and the next offseason is solid (re-signing Jordan or getting Capela + Mr. X), you think Dirk is maybe back another year?

Of course after staying healthy this season. Coming back another year means pretty much he is going to catch Jordan. I know he always says he doesnt care about such records or statistics but i think it would be a big thing for him too...
Too early to tell, but I think the odds are decent that he does one more. Cements himself as the most loyal, longest-serving player for a team ever in a record that never gets eclipsed (22 years)

Then again with Jordan rebounding, we'll finally be able to run. With Smith, Doncic, Barnes, Powell and others, this team really should be running. Not sure if Dirk can keep up or if Rick is going to artificially slow the game down for him.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-24-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #4954
MavzMan
Golden Member

To be a running team doesn't require all 5 people to be breaking. Dirk could easily be the initiator on lots of those breaks and then just old-man-trot up as 5th guy and three point threat.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #4955
Luka's Mom

Quote:
To be a running team doesn't require all 5 people to be breaking. Dirk could easily be the initiator on lots of those breaks and then just old-man-trot up as 5th guy and three point threat.
^ Agreed. Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzv2eRFZHJ0
Old 07-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #4956
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka's Mom View Post
I think you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevcpFEmka8
Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 AM   #4957
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
So does that mean he becomes our "D and 3 guy" now? Is he going to invent a new position like he invented a new shot ... one-legged-fadeway?

Last edited by MavzMan; 07-25-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #4958
Luka's Mom

Quote:
Yeah, that works too. LOL

Last edited by Luka's Mom; 07-25-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #4959
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
So does that mean he becomes our "D and 3 guy" now? Is he going to invent a new position like he invented a new shot ... one-legged-fadeway?
Durant stole Dirks jumper

Jaren Jackson stole his blocks and 3s

They all have just a part of what makes Dirk special
Old 07-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #4960
Underdog

Dirk Nowitzki doesn't understand why Kevin Durant responds to stuff on social media
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...f-social-media
Quote:
"I’m not sure why KD feels the need to respond to some of the stuff, because, I mean, Twitter is just such a place for tough guys and a lot of hate. I take it with a smile on my face. You can’t take yourself too serious on there.”

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer