Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #2081
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Dirk right now has to be top 30. And when all is said and done, I think he'll have to be top 15-20.

When that fool retires we (dm) will to settle where he belongs. But for now, I'm willing to just enjoy Dirk's ride up the ladder.
I think he's easily Top 25 right now. I would actually put him at #14 currently, just my opinion. The only guys I think are better (no order):

Wilt
Kareem
Russell
MJ
Bird
Magic
West
Oscar
Hakeem
Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
Moses Malone
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #2082
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
If he project him to play only 3 years (this is what I think he really really wants)
I don't know why Dirk would only play 3 more years.

He has no side businesses.

He has no wife or children.

He doesn't play for money.

He loves basketball. He is obsessed with it.

His game is not going to diminish much because his game has never been about athleticism. It's more about his height, the work he puts in and his skill level.

He's never been injury prone.

I think he could be one of those guys who plays until he's 40.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #2083
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

All of that is true, but:

1) Dirk has achieved both of his most important goals--taking part in the Olympics and being an NBA champion. He's pretty much done it all. There's no longer the need to play in order to achieve those goals.

2) Dirk has always had very high expectations of himself. When his contract expires in 2014, he'll be 36 and at an age where some sort of decline is inevitable. Although this is nothing more than a guess, I would be surprised to see him pull a Kidd and play until his wheels fall off instead of going out on top.

He's at a point now where he already has what he always wanted. For the next three years, he can go for even more accolades and then retire while still being one of the best players in the league.

In all honesty, it can be a bit sad when some of the greatest athletes of all time just can't seem to find the right moment to call it a career and end said career as a shell of their former selves.

With that said, engaging in retirement talk is depressing. Let's just stop and enjoy at least three more years of the Dirkster.

Last edited by dalger; 06-17-2011 at 10:28 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #2084
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post

His game is not going to diminish much because his game has never been about athleticism. It's more about his height, the work he puts in and his skill level.

Dirk needs to step up his game and have a kid so we can draft him in the future.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #2085
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I hope he plays more I just think Dirk is the type of guy to always leave you wanting more.

When he's playing in a game I wish he'd play more.
When he is being interviewed I wish it would go longer.

I hope I'm wrong and that he can stay on and average 18/8 age at 36/37/38. If so he'd end up behind only Jabbar, Malone and Kobe on the all time scoring list (as long as he plays 75+/season)
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #2086
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
I hope I'm wrong and that he can stay on and average 18/8 age at 36/37/38. If so he'd end up behind only Jabbar, Malone and Kobe on the all time scoring list (as long as he plays 75+/season)
He probably has about 3 years left of being the Mavs #1 scorer.

After that he's going to struggle to get open consistently enough if he's drawing all the attention defensively.

Mavs are going to need a big-time threat in the post or a slasher to take the attention off him.

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 06-18-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #2087
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Anyone got a link to the dallas news piece " The real story behind Dirk's gutsy game 4 performance".
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #2088
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this has been posted...but...
http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/6/...2011#storyjump

Dang dirk...you inspire me...brotha...

Quote:
Quick anecdote:
Ben (Rogers) and I went out to the LA to cover the All-Star game and we set up an interview with Dirk. And we asked Dirk, ‘hey, what is there to go do in LA?" And he didn't know. And we were taken aback to hear the guy who had been in the league for, what, 13 seasons, and he doesn't know what to do in LA? And the reason he doesn't know is because he goes and shoots baskets. That's what the guy does. That's what the guy does for fun. He plays basketball, he works on his game. And so at the big championship party, he said "Well, Holger said that if we took care of business in game six he would let me have a night off." And it was a joke, but it's not that far from the truth.

And in the comments...

Quote:

Here is another quick anecdote

I had to be at the AAC to inspect something at the facility. The only time I could have access was at 6:30am as they were breaking down from hockey the night before and then setting up the court.
I arrive at 6:15. Guess who came walking in with a gym bag at the same time? Yeah, you know.
"I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented."

by Hoosier Dave on Jun 17, 2011 7:00 PM CDT reply
you've got to be shitting me

that’s just unreal

by rdub on Jun 17, 2011 8:26 PM CDT up reply

no shit

by Hoosier Dave on Jun 17, 2011 8:43 PM CDT up reply

I wanted to walk up to him and, well, I don't know what

I had no words. I just stared.

by Hoosier Dave on Jun 17, 2011 8:44 PM CDT up reply

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #2089
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

A cut...

Quote:
What many people — in particular, the Miami Heat — don’t know is just how lousy Nowitzki felt when he was on the court but unable to play with any gusto during Game 4 of the Finals.

“He was the best decoy in NBA Finals history,’’ says Holger Geschwindner, Nowitzki’s mentor for the last 16 years. “He couldn’t even walk around for very long. When he tried to drive, he died on the first step.’’

That’s the way it is when you have a sinus infection and fever well over 100 degrees, and you don’t feel like doing anything, much less trying to go to work when your job is to physically outperform younger, stronger, healthier specimens.

If you go back to the turning point in the NBA Finals, it was the fact the Mavericks got away with Nowitzki being the red herring, the lure that sucked in the Miami Heat. In the first half, nine of his 10 shots were jumpers. He did not go to the free throw line. And the Mavericks were only two points down.

“We told him he had to conserve his energy for the fourth quarter,’’ Geschwindner said.
Nowitzki didn’t make a single basket in the third quarter, and when the fourth came around and the Mavericks were four points down, Nowitzki overcame the wheezing and coughing and weakness in his body to score 10 points and grab five rebounds in a quarter that yielded an 86-83 Mavericks victory and forever changed the course of NBA history.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #2090
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

I actually found the whole article for free at the Boston Herald website:

Mentor says Dirk Nowitzki was more ill than most realized
By Eddie Sefko / The Dallas Morning News
Saturday, June 18, 2011 - Added 8 hours ago

EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(0) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share

DALLAS — For a week, the Mavericks have partied and reveled in the glow of their NBA championship.

Sipping from an oversized bottle of champagne that cost $90,000 and riding around town in snappy cars and flatbeds so a city could show its appreciation has been almost enough for Dirk Nowitzki to forget about how tough it really was to accomplish.

Almost.

What many people — in particular, the Miami Heat — don’t know is just how lousy Nowitzki felt when he was on the court but unable to play with any gusto during Game 4 of the Finals.

"He was the best decoy in NBA Finals history," says Holger Geschwindner, Nowitzki’s mentor for the last 16 years. "He couldn’t even walk around for very long. When he tried to drive, he died on the first step."

That’s the way it is when you have a fever well over 100 degrees, and you just don’t feel like doing anything, much less trying to go to work when your job is to physically outperform younger, stronger, healthier specimens.

If you go back to the turning point in the NBA Finals, it was the fact the Mavericks got away with Nowitzki being the red herring, the lure that sucked in the Miami Heat. In the first half, nine of his 10 shots were jumpers. He did not go to the free throw line. And the Mavericks were only two points down.

"We told him he had to conserve his energy for the fourth quarter," Geschwindner said.

Nowitzki didn’t make a single basket in the third quarter, and when the fourth came around and the Mavericks were four points down, Nowitzki overcame the wheezing and coughing and weakness in his body to score 10 points and grab five rebounds in a quarter that yielded an 86-83 Mavericks victory and forever changed the course of NBA history.

Then came the ultimate insult when, a day after Nowitzki overcame the illness, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James mocked him after their practice at American Airlines [AMR] Center.

"We tried to play it down," Geschwindner said. "But they made jokes about it."

It was the difference between class and, um, something that’s not class.

It was intended as a joke, but Nowitzki did not appreciate the ill-advised fun that Wade and James poked at him. He’s as tough as there is when it comes to playing through pain.

This was another notch to add to the many other notches on Nowitzki’s belt of doubt. So many people had wondered whether Nowitzki could ever win a championship. He’d finally had enough. He was good enough to overcome the illness and smart enough to ride his teammates when he had to.

"This was a team America got behind because of how they played, because they played smart, with savvy, were skilled, were talented, but more than anything, they were a true team," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. "They needed each other to be successful."

In terms of gratification, it doesn’t come much better than what Nowitzki has experienced during this run. He hushed all the doubters and then, at the end, put a muzzle on the two Heaters who showed him disrespect.

"After 13 years, to finally be on top of the world is amazing," Nowitzki said.

Even if he had to spend a recent part of the journey as a decoy.

___

Visit The Dallas Morning News on the World Wide Web at http://www.dallasnews.com/.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Dirk basketball related news

Dirk wouldn't deny nor confirm his engagement to Jessica to Bild magazine. The writer seemed to speculate that they are already married and his 2 week vacation on a beach will be their honeymoon.

Last edited by b_o_r; 06-18-2011 at 10:50 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #2091
Nowitzness81

Dirk's bout with the fever reminds me of Joe Montana coming down with hypothermia in the National Championship during his last game for Notre Dame. His temperature was DROPPING and they had to feed him chicken soup at halftime to try and get him warm.

Brought the Irish back from 3 TDs down or something to win on the last play.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #2092
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'm just glad that it's finally starting to be a consensus around the NBA that Dirk is anything but soft. In fact, he's a warrior. After reading the Sefko article that's posted above, seeing a diva like Wade and a mental midget like LeBron mock Dirk makes the victory even sweeter than it already is--and it makes me want to kick Wade and LeBron in their nuts.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #2093
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm just glad that it's finally starting to be a consensus around the NBA that Dirk is anything but soft. In fact, he's a warrior. After reading the Sefko article that's posted above, seeing a diva like Wade and a mental midget like LeBron mock Dirk makes the victory even sweeter than it already is--and it makes me want to kick Wade and LeBron in their nuts.
It wouldnt hurt them.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:37 AM   #2094
dalger
Golden Member

Hmm, was it too kind of me to acknowledge their combined one-and-a-half nuts? Well, probably, you're right.

Last edited by dalger; 06-19-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #2095
Nowitzness81

Another great Dirk read.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2011/06...-role-players/

Quote:
Silly superstars, 3-pointers are for role players!

As the Dallas Mavericks progressed through the playoffs it was noted how well their offense was faring, and how strong the team’s 3-point attack was. The team shot 39.4% from 3-point land in the playoffs while shooting more than 20 3′s per game. This is devastating and obviously deserving of attention. Of course with Dirk Nowitzki, one of the great shooters of all time leading the way, would you expect anything less?

Yes, actually you would if you’ve been paying attention.

First off, Dirk has never shot 3-pointers like a mad man. While Ray Allen and, ahem, Antoine Walker shot in excess of 600 3-pointers a season Dirk peaked in the high 300s. Still though, when you’re shooting about 5 3-pointers per game, that’s a serious focus of your game.

It’s fascinating then to see how unimportant 3-pointers have become to Dirk’s current game as they’ve become more important to the Mav team as a whole. Dude’s been averaging about 2 3-pointers per game the past few years. How low is that? Well obviously it’s a heck of a lower than the amount that guys like Kobe, Durant, and Rose shoot, despite the fact none of them is the level of shooter than Dirk is (though admittedly Durant is getting close). Even superstars criticized for their lack of outside shooting like LeBron and Wade shoot 3s more than Dirk.

Here’s the thing that really puts it in perspective though:

Dirk was 13th on the Mavs by 3-pointers taken per minute played.

The Mavs hit their all-time high in 3PA’s this year 1768 because most of the roster has become more likely to take a 3 than Dirk. Even funnier? One of the few guys he shoots more 3′s than is Shawn Marion who in Phoenix was himself a guy who jacked up 4+ 3-pointers per game.

Safe to say, these guys aren’t taking 3′s instead of Dirk because they are better at shooting them, so how is this phenomenon working out?

Pretty well I’d say. Here’s how the team’s effective FG% looks over the same period:

Granted there’s more to offense than effective FG%, but it’s pretty clear that the Mavs have made a choice to go toward shooting more 3′s, with more of them coming from role players, and it’s awful hard to make the argument that this has been a mistake.

Now, the strategy of having role players feed off of the space created by a superstar to shoot 3s is nothing new. Hakeem Olajuwon‘s Rockets were arguably the first to do this and it helped them win 2 titles. That model of interior scorers and 3-point role players is still very much in evidence with Dwight Howard‘s Magic today. This particular model is intuitive because a true big man is bound to suck the defense away from the interior and can’t shoot 3s himself.

The dominant offense of the past decade, Steve Nash‘s Phoenix Suns, demonstrate on a variant of the approach. Like Nowitzki, Nash has been the best shooter on his team but not the most prolific shooter of 3s. However, Nash’s primary role was as distributor, so it wasn’t as shocking to see him take less advantage of the 3-point line.

Dirk Nowitzki however is a jump shooting scorer first and foremost. With the 3-point shot being the single most potent way to score in the game, and with him being the best at performing it as well as being a player whose primary job has always been maximizing his scoring impact, the obvious thing to do is to have him shoot 3′s.

Over time however, Dirk has proven more valuable setting up shop in the mid-range. Part of this is certainly because it allows him to make better use of his spin and body moves to present a wide array of different scoring threats. Part of it though is that taking position here causes maximal distortion of the defense, which then allows for better usage of his now open teammates on the perimeter. And to me this gets us to the key epiphany of the 3-point shot:

1) It ain’t hard to find guys who can hit an open 3

2) It’s much easier to get role players open than stars

3) Therefore, it makes sense to build your offense with role players 3′s as a focal point more so than star 3′s

This may seem obvious to some, but it certainly wasn’t obvious historically. The 3-point shot was around for more than a decade before it started really becoming a part of every game plan. People knew then as well as now that 3 points are better than 2, but they simply thought it was too hard for any but the best shooters in the game to make the shot reliably. They were wrong.

Where this gets interesting to me is in the effect this epiphany has on the value to different types of players in the game.

The role player? Becomes more valuable because he is now the player most able to take advantage of the most potent scoring method in the game.

The get-out-of-my-way scorer? Becomes less valuable precisely because his value is in contrast to the role players.

The defense-manipulating star with the awareness to find the open man? Becomes more valuable relative to the get-out-of-my-way scorer.

Dirk’s progression to the next level of impact comes with him fully realizing his potential as such a manipulator.

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 06-19-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #2096
dude1394
Guru

They should also mention the spurs and duncan. They've always shot a ton of threes.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #2097
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an FYI, I'll have a Dirk piece going up on Mavs Fast Break on Tuesday.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #2098
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Just an FYI, I'll have a Dirk piece going up on Mavs Fast Break on Tuesday.
Cool beans - word on the street is that this Dirk guy is great...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #2099
irishock
Banned

irishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these partsirishock is infamous around these parts

I'd say Dirk probably retires like Michael Jordan. Still a damn good player at an old age that many youngsters only dream about.

He's top 10 when it's all said and done
irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #2100
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Thinking of Dirk not playing basketball makes me really think about my own mortality. I'm 29, married but without kids. By the time my unborn kids understand basketball Dirk will be as foreign to them as Moses Malone and Dr. J are to me. I mean... Bird feels foreign to me and I was 9 when he retired. (Dirk...please have Dirk juniors)

I will hate the day I realize that my favorite TV of all time is cancelled.... that of course being Dirk playing for the Dallas Mavericks. That will be sad that he would only live on in highlights and interviews.

On a side note (I had no where to put this) Can you believe the Mavericks played 103 games in the regular season and post season and only 2 went to overtime? Is that a record? I am mesmerized by this.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #2101
Nowitzness81

Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #2102
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
cambowned
Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #2103
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
typical Dirk Nowitzki

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #2104
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Is that bad boy went in?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #2105
Nowitzness81

You can't see the net swish?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #2106
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk Nowitzki: Dallas' Star - Mavs Fast Break http://bit.ly/m8a2CO
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #2107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's going to be on Ben and Skin at 10:30 for a full thirty minutes (no breaks).

Stream it here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #2108
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dirk's going to be on Ben and Skin at 10:30 for a full thirty minutes (no breaks).

Stream it here.
Dirk live!

>squeals like a little girl<

Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #2109
Underdog

Quote:
"It's good now that the critics actually have to shut up" --Dirk

Old 06-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #2110
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

This interview with Ben and Skin is awesome. I love hearing how happy Dirk is now the he got his ring.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #2111
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was pretty excited about talking to The Dutch Oven. The only thing better would have been if it would have been on the Bob and Dan show.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #2112
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dirk was pretty excited about talking to The Dutch Oven.
"Get to tha choppah!"

Dirk's Ah-nold impression is better than his singing...

Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #2113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That was flipping awesome.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #2114
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

That interview was so awesome. Jthig thanks so much for posting that, it was amazing.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #2115
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

DIRK
Wilt
Kareem
Russell
MJ
Bird
Magic
West
Oscar
Hakeem
Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
Moses Malone

Official updated list.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #2116
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
DIRK
Wilt
Kareem
Russell
MJ
Bird
Magic
West
Oscar
Hakeem
Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
Moses Malone

Official updated list.
List of what?
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #2117
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

Dirk is tha KANG! Not king, the KANG!
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #2118
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
You can't see the net swish?
Now i can, for some reason at first it only showed me until the release, and then started again. Of course it went in, silly me.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #2119
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
List of what?
I think players with MVP, and finals MVP.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #2120
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the Dirk interview due to being 2 hours behind. Do they normally archive that stuff somewhere? I don't see it on their list of podcasts. Maybe it doesn't go up until tomorrow?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer