Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #81
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm one of the few, but this loss really doesn't bother me much. I thought the team played pretty decently apart from Dirk missing everything (and he even stepped up his rebounding). It's disappointing to lose to a team without its star player, but it happens all the damn time in the NBA, and the Lakers are very, very good at home.

Plus, it's not like the Mavs got outplayed. They were right there--two or three inches from winning the game in regulation.

I'm not saying they'd beat these guys in the playoffs, but I really wasn't too bothered by the result yesterday. It was a weird game. That's about all I thought of it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #82
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I guess I'm one of the few, but this loss really doesn't bother me much. I thought the team played pretty decently apart from Dirk missing everything (and he even stepped up his rebounding). It's disappointing to lose to a team without its star player, but it happens all the damn time in the NBA, and the Lakers are very, very good at home.

Plus, it's not like the Mavs got outplayed. They were right there--two or three inches from winning the game in regulation.

I'm not saying they'd beat these guys in the playoffs, but I really wasn't too bothered by the result yesterday. It was a weird game. That's about all I thought of it.
I'm with you on this, mostly. I've had a pretty short memory for losses like these this year. Really, during the regular season I just want to see the team playing better, and the outcome is secondary.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #83
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
All you gotta do is look at The Lakers before they had Pau, they were either missing the playoffs or getting destroyed in the first round.

Kobe is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA.

He gets compared to Jordan, who won with bigs like Luke Longley . Kobe has won 3 rings with Prime Shaq and 2 with Gasol/Bynum, 0 otherwise.

That's right, since his rookie year Kobe has ranked behind the likes of Eddie Jones Gilbert Arenas and Steve Francis in clutch shots. Clutch my ass. Jet is only .2% behind him, Dirk hits 7.4% more clutch shots than Kobe.

Not to mention Phil Jackson said in his book Kobe gets on all defensive teams each year by reputation and that he's not a good defender.

Kobe Bryant is all hype. Yes he is a great scorer but so was Allen Iverson. Iverson gets hated on by everybody now but he was averaging close to 30ppg for his career. If Iverson had Prime Shaq and Gasol/Bynum he's have 5 rings as well, Even though he had none of them he still took the Sixers to the Finals and at least won Game 1 against Prime Shaq/Kobe, although he was only slightly above league average clutch too just like Kobe. I could put in other players names, if McGrady were in L.A. he'd have the rings. Kobe has just right place right time for his career. If Charlotte never traded him to L.A. it's possible he never gets a single ring and is basically perceived as Vince Carter is today.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote