Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #401
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
"It was absolutely a foul, yes," Duncan said.
And why doesn't Timmy Boy get fined for this? Oh, I forgot he's the teacher's (Stern) pet. It's one thing when he gets what should have been a non-call (on Devin), but the greedy whiner also wants to get the next one. Maybe Duncan has the delusion that the refs are going to be consistent(ly bad). Or maybe he just believes his superstar status means that anything close should go his way. Poor, poor abused Timmy, my heart goes out to feel your pain.

Duncan's character keeps going down, down, down in my book......

Last edited by purplefrog; 11-25-2006 at 04:57 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #402
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew I'd get on here and Timmah would be whining about officiating. Did TIMMAH say that he got bailed out on the harris "breathing" on him?

He's quickly devolving into no class.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #403
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

[q]Nowitzki ran at Finley as he rose for his shot. He stumbled and crashed into Finley, both players ending up on the floor as Finley's shot attempt went badly awry.[/q]

As I remember it, Dirk did not end up on the floor. Monroe embellishing??? ... no, can't be.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #404
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
"I want the gold"
Fool's gold is overrated. It is fool's gold isn't it? ... I just assumed since Murph was holding it.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #405
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
I find it weird that the Spurs did not play Francisco Elson more. Elson was the reason the Spurs won the first game of this season against the Mavs. Granted, Oberto had 14 points and 11 rebounds. But, Elson had success in the first game of this series defending Dirk. Elson played 26 minutes last time and had 6 boards and 12 points and 2 blocked shots. In that first game, Oberto played 15 minutes and had minimal points and rebounds. Combining the stats of Oberto and Elson in that first game, they had 16 points and 8 rebounds. But, the important thing is that Elson held Dirk to 21 points (ten less than today's 31 points).

Oberto played a good game but he can't stop Dirk like Elson did. Mistake in coaching by Pops IMO.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the Mavs win tonight. The season series is now tied. And, the Mavs have won 8 in a row now.

Great game by all. Damp and Diop combined for 17 boards and 13 points... Dirk and Terry had double doubles and Damp essentially did as well (one rebound short).
I think if Elson played, then Damp would have had a field day. With the way Damp is playing the Spurs dont have that Elson advantage any longer. Kinda reminds me of the way the Spurs centers played the last few years. When the Mavs adjust, then SA centers take the hit.

Plus, with Howard back and the Mavs rotation alot better, it would have forced Duncan to guard Howard or Dirk. Neither is what the Spurs want to do against the Mavs. Oberto played ver solid, so we can say Oberto played the Elson role, but the Mavs as a team was a spoiler. This loss really hurt the Spurs mentally. This is the kind of loss the Mavs used to take against the Spurs in the past..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #406
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
And why doesn't Timmy Boy get fined for this? Oh, I forgot he's the teacher's (Stern) pet. It's one thing when he gets what should have been a non-call (on Devin), but the greedy whiner also wants to get the next one. Maybe Duncan has the delusion that the refs are going to be consistent(ly bad). Or maybe he just believes his superstar status means that anything close should go his way. Poor, poor abused Timmy, my heart goes out to feel your pain.

Duncan's character keeps going down, down, down in my book......
I watched that Devin foul about 10 times, and each time there was no foul after the initial contact. None!!! The Ginobili flop was a horrible call as well. I guess SA 4got that the Mavs are the Western Conference Champions, and should deserve a little break.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote