Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer league game stream?

Anyone got a stream to the Mavs summer league game.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
peruna11

peruna11 is on a distinguished road

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live...las_051201.asx
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...that Rayshawn Terry is my sleeper.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

what do i do with that link, i clicked it and nothing happened.

nevermind...got it!

thanks

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-08-2007 at 03:19 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

I opened it up in another window. You might have to put it in windows media player directly.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they're making more of an effort to get Diop the ball in the post.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

how did everyone look in the first quarter...so i can catch up

thanks again for the link!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

VEry tough to comment and watch. .

I didn't see the diiop setup? What was it?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
how did everyone look in the first quarter...so i can catch up

thanks again for the link!
Pops and Barea looked good. You can check the box score here: http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/...eId=1520700009
Old 07-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #10
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Barea really tries hard and pushes the ball. He can get to the rim alot but sometimes it is hard to finish as he is small but he does good for his size and scorring over guys much bigger than him.

If he gets to where he doesn't turn the ball over alot and he shouldn't, i feel he needs to get some time for us.

Faz looks really slowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Green at 6'8" doesn't look bad for us.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Fazekas getting time defending Oden. Overplaying him very aggressively and holding his own down there. just lost position and gave up the dunk, but he's doing pretty well.

Seibutis looks solid as well. goes hard to the hole. Caleb Green can score.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Caleb Green is crafty in the post
Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #13
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Pops is good. I'm sold on this cat. This should be your backup PF and energy dude next year.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

Seibutis looks to be a nice project player. If JJB ever struggles farther down the road, looks like Seibutis could be next to look at. He's quick, lively and a decent finisher in the paint. He's a good team player, he's always talking and praising his teammates.

Green is looking good. He is finishing well and quickly in the paint.

Fazekas...eek. He's getting burned bad when guarding down low.

I like the play were Ager was driving in on Oden and he dished off to Green. Those little things like recognition will help him grow more as a player.

Didn't see enough of JJB, Pops, Terry, Bass and etc...hopefully more in the 2nd half.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

BAREA!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #16
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

nice @ Barea - finishing those threes (ok, in this case it was only a 2) is a key for him

Last edited by Darke; 07-08-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

At half what i have noticed. Caleb Green is much better than Faz at 6'8". Faz is give out at half time. He is slower than Shawn Bradley. Our guys hit him running down the lane and he can't finish because all 4 or 5 defenders are on him because he is that slow.

Once Roriguez was running at Faz and Rod is a guard and small and Faz just moved out of the way and let Rod have a free lay up. This is the first i have seen him and it is just half but i am sorry, he looks bad to me and maybe it is just this game. I don't think he could defend Popeye Jones. He is so slow i am not sure if he could ever get a shot off in the nba. He had a pass towards his feet and he was way to slow to catch it and it hit him on his knees or ankles and went out of bounds. Once this happened again and the ball just fell on the floor at his feet, he reached down and picked it up and a guy was defending him well. He just sort of flicked it at the basket and rolled in and this was good.

Seibutus looks much better to me than Faz. He is a 6'5" guard that plays very hard. Can pass, score, defend some. Green looks good to me also. Barea looks good and Diop is very good on defense and he causes trouble for teams when he is under the basket.

I hope Faz does something the 2nd half but what i see, he can never come in for Dirk next year, we would get killed. Maybe he will get better and faster. I knew everyone said he was slow but i never knew this slow. I think Shawn Bradley would smoke him in a 100 yard dash and at Bradley's age now.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #18
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I thought someone was making a joke when they said Faz was as slow as Pavel. They was not kidding and maybe he is slower. Now this pick does scare me because it was good players we could have gotten where we picked Faz. I'll keep the faith and not give up yet as it is early on Faz.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I love Terry
Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #20
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Terry is a really fine defender it seems.

Edit: And wow, can he jump..

Last edited by Darke; 07-08-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

If Devean leaves, I'm thinking Rayshawn Terry could be his replacement.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

LOVED that possession with Terry guarding Webster!

Those feet were constantly moving and forced a bad shot.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #23
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Nice move by Diop.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Oden, rejected!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Diop can overpower anyone out there. Pops with a nasty block
Old 07-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Ager is at least under control better today.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

This is the concern I had with pops with the Kemp or Maggette comparison...he's struggling a little today from the line. Maggette makes them pay with either scoring or getting to the line and converting.

Still love his game though, we've got a FT coach, so let's use him!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #28
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Terry has size, quickness, can jump out of the gym and can really defend. He will get more time than Faz next year, he way it looks. I am proud Ager is shooting and not passing it up. I also like pops going hard down low.

Pops just blocked Oden big time. This Barea must get some time, as he sets people up. He scores and this kid is good.

Last year when Avery took out Dampier and then just stuck in a faster small ball guy, he should have let Pops and Diop operate down low on GS. Both are fast and both love under the basket. We had nothing to lose trying it, knowing we was gonna get beat anyway.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #29
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Faz just scorred(jump shot) and his shot did look nice. He was squarred up good and all net but he needs room or space.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #30
BGMaverick9
Guru

Westphal should be a good mix with the coaching staff for the Mavs. He sounds excited about JJB, so that's good to hear. He sees Terry as the D-specialist, but with the offensive game too boot. He pegged...he might be Bruce Bowen light.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #31
Darke

Barea with the 3!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #32
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

He also pegged Faz needs to do something because we do not have that many open spots. He did say 20 pts and 10 rebounds per nite in college, he did have a nice game. Faz says he want's play along aside Dirk, not a backup. Haha, man this guy will be lucky to make a nba roster.

Faz and the team in the 4th gave our 10 point lead away, so bring back barea, Pops and Diop. Oden fouls way to much. Please give Pops a chance Avery, Pops attacks Oden and will attack Shaq. He is not afraid of no one inside and we have hardly no one that isn't scarred inside.

I think Barea just won the game. Alrdige looks good but Diop makes Oden and Aldridge walk, foul, etc.

Barea has set up Faz and really set up Ager and Ager keeps missing this second half. He has good form but he isn't shooting good.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #33
Darke

Nice @ Diop
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #34
MavelousJake

MavelousJake will become famous soon enoughMavelousJake will become famous soon enough

Fazekas is slow. He'd have real trouble against running teams, especially because he is always following the offensive shot looking for a rebound, so he's generally one of the last guys down the floor on defense.

BUT, his offensive and defensive positioning is just excellent. He's just not hitting his shots, but his history is telling me that it will happen. His defense on Oden has been really good. He's got a big body that makes him effective at defending bigger players, as well. That is great news. His ability to work himself to get the ball when he's in a position to score is also really good.

For a team that runs with a slow pace and a half court offense, he'd be effective. And, despite the perception, Dallas is one of the slowest teams in the league.
MavelousJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #35
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Barea just won the game for the second time. No one c an stop him from going where he want's. He dribbles down low to oden, back out, back in and no one can take the ball from him.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #36
Darke

Barea with a great finish - 30 seconds to go.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #37
MavelousJake

MavelousJake will become famous soon enoughMavelousJake will become famous soon enough

And, I agree, Diop's defense is really being showcased here. He's just dominating the marquee offensive guys.

But isn't he supposed to be working on his offense?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Barea is tearing fools up.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #39
MavelousJake

I'm worried about Barea's defense. He's actually doing okay in one on one defense, but he's going to get destroyed in switches against NBA pick and rolls.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #40
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Barea will shoot and he is not scarred and he makes his shots. Ager looks like he has a nice stroke but he wasn't making his shot. With Ager, he must knock down this shot, with his size, suppose to be able to defend, we need him and his position bad. He needs to work hard to help us.

Terry will make our team and with his size and his jumping ability, and his lock down defense, he is going to help us even if it is to defend.

I was impressed this game with Green, Barea, and certain things with Diop, Pops and Terry. Diop is such a good defender and has great quick feet, can jump and long arms and times his jump good. Oden was like wow, these guys likes Pops and Diop are good in the nba.