Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: How will the Mavs/Blazers series go?
Mavs in 4 7 5.04%
Mavs in 5 17 12.23%
Mavs in 6 57 41.01%
Mavs in 7 23 16.55%
Blazers in 7 7 5.04%
Blazers in 6 25 17.99%
Blazers in 5 1 0.72%
Blazers in 4 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #41
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I think the Mavs will be lucky to see a 6th game.
If the Mavs lose I don't think it'll be anything less than 6 games. If they took a 50 win Spurs team last season to 6 games with Erick Dampier averaging a single point per game then they can surely take this Blazers team to 6 games.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Some stats:

PPG
Mavs 100.2 (11th), Blazers 96.3 (24th)

Opponent's PPG

Mavs 96.0 (10th), Blazers 94.8 (7th)

FG %
Mavs 47.5% (5th), Blazers 44.7% (24th)

Opponent's FG %
Mavs 45% (8th), Blazers 46.7% (20th)

Point Differential
Mavs +4.2 (8th), Blazers +1.5 (12th)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-14-2011 at 12:12 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #43
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

The Mavs need to protect their home court. The Blazers are not a good road team (18-23) and they were even one of the few teams that lost to the Dirk-less Mavs. If the Mavs win the first 2 at home, I think their confidence will be up and they'll steal one of the next two in Portland and win in 5. If not, I think it goes 7 and the Mavs still win.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #44
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Some stats:

PPG

Opponent's PPG

FG %

Opponent's FG %
Mavs 45% (8th), Portland 46.7% (20th)

Point Differential
Wow I didn't know the Blazers were that weak on offense. Hopefully the Mavs can limit Aldridge at least a little bit. I feel like him scoring so easily really opened things up for the rest of the team the last few times Dallas played them. Having both Haywood and Chandler this time will hopefully help in that regard.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #45
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Some stats:

PPG

Opponent's PPG

FG %

Opponent's FG %
Mavs 45% (8th), Portland 46.7% (20th)

Point Differential
I'd be interested to see those numbers post-Wallace trade and post-Butler injury.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
I'd be interested to see those numbers post-Wallace trade and post-Butler injury.
I don't think I have any easy way of getting that (nor would I venture to take the time to do so), but I can tell you the Blazers are 16-9 (64%) since the Wallace trade. So, definitely playing some good ball, but let's not act like they've been some unstoppable force.

They will be very hard to beat in Portland, though.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #47
OSUmavsfan

Since the All-Star break (so including a couple games without Wallace) the Blazers have scored 96.5 ppg and shot 45.2%, which both still ranked in the bottom third of the league. So it seems their offense didn't get appreciably better. I couldn't find defensive splits and I don't have time to look right now, but maybe I'll try to find them later.

Edit: The Blazers give up 93.3 ppg and 46.9% shooting since the all-star break. That defensive ppg is really good, but defensive fg% is surprisingly bad. They must really limit the number of possessions to give up that few points on such a high fg%.

Last edited by OSUmavsfan; 04-14-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I don't think I have any easy way of getting that (nor would I venture to take the time to do so), but I can tell you the Blazers are 16-9 (64%) since the Wallace trade. So, definitely playing some good ball, but let's not act like they've been some unstoppable force.

They will be very hard to beat in Portland, though.
No doubt they're beatable. Should be some good games regardless.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #49
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
Wow I didn't know the Blazers were that weak on offense. Hopefully the Mavs can limit Aldridge at least a little bit. I feel like him scoring so easily really opened things up for the rest of the team the last few times Dallas played them. Having both Haywood and Chandler this time will hopefully help in that regard.
Their PPG is a little misleading because they play at such a slow pace, but they're definitely not a great offensive team.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #50
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Portland is in the bottom 5 of the league in defensive rebound rate, Dallas is 25th in offensive rebound rate. be interesting to see how that plays out
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Their PPG is a little misleading because they play at such a slow pace, but they're definitely not a great offensive team.
Yeah, and it's ranked exactly the same as their FG%.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #52
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Portland is in the bottom 5 of the league in defensive rebound rate, Dallas is 25th in offensive rebound rate. be interesting to see how that plays out
Theoretically, both teams would be strong on the glass when Portland puts up a shot and weak when Dallas puts up a shot.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-14-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #53
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavs take care of business and win the first two at home then I think we take the series. Portland isn't good enough to make the adjustments being down 0-2 IMO. If we lose one of these home games then I think we'll be out. Don't get elated after just one win.. look what happened with SA last year and I knew we'd be doomed after that second game loss.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #54
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
If the Mavs take care of business and win the first two at home then I think we take the series. Portland isn't good enough to make the adjustments being down 0-2 IMO. If we lose one of these home games then I think we'll be out. Don't get elated after just one win.. look what happened with SA last year and I knew we'd be doomed after that second game loss.
I'm pretty sure the Mavs weren't doomed after Game 2.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #55
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

As a fan, I wanna say Mavs in 7...maybe 6. But as a realist, I see Portland just out playing them. Sadness.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #56
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
the next time the mavs "limit aldridge" will be the first in a while.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #57
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I'm pretty sure the Mavs weren't doomed after Game 2.
On paper, a series tied 1-1 shouldnt spell doom for anyone. But this isn't just any ole team were talking about. This was the Mavs vs their instate rivals who have a nack for losing the first game of the first round in a playoff series and come back to win it. I'm no gypsy wizard or anything but I had a gut feeling the spurs weren't just going to lay down after that loss and sure enough they came back strong and brought the series back to Dallas up three games to one the very next Monday. Now you might say anyone could have predicted that, but I've watched enough games between those two teams to know how they would react. Portland doesn't have that same instinct that SA has, but you don't want to give a team that's already boasting with confidence against us anything to add to that. You put them away in the first two games.

Last edited by Windmill360; 04-14-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #58
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
On paper, a series tied 1-1 shouldnt spell doom for anyone. But this isn't just any ole team were talking about. This was the Mavs vs their instate rivals who have a nack for losing the first game of the first round in a playoff series and come back to win it. I'm no gypsy wizard or anything but I had a gut feeling the spurs weren't just going to lay down after that loss and sure enough they came back strong and brought the series back to Dallas up three games to ontne the very next Monday. Now you might say anyone could have predicted that, but I've watched enough games between those two teams to know how they would react. Portland doesn't have that same instinct that SA has, but you don't want to give a team that's already boasting with confidence against us anything to add to that. You put them away in the first two games.
Sure, losing Game 2 was bad. But the Mavs had plenty of opportunities to take Game 3 as well as Game 4. They lost in the end, but it was not pre-destined by any means.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
the next time the mavs "limit aldridge" will be the first in a while.
Considering he scored 35, 25 and 30 the first three times we played Portland, I'd say the 18 points with 0 free throw attempts in 35 minutes that we held him to the last time we played the Blazers would qualify as "limiting Aldridge."

Keeping him under 20 PPG would be huge for the Mavs.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-14-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #60
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Seriously, what's wrong with all you pessimistic bitches?

Mavs are gonna take this in six games ...
Old 04-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #61
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I hate playing in Portland. Annoying ass fans that boo every call, it's Utah bad. Really, really, really important for the Mavs to hold serve and win games 1 & 2.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #62
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Considering he scored 35, 25 and 30 the first three times we played Portland, I'd say the 18 points with 0 free throw attempts in 35 minutes that we held him to the last time we played the Blazers would qualify as "limiting Aldridge."

Keeping him under 20 PPG would be huge for the Mavs.
I highly doubt that is doable, I think it is more important we keep guys like Fernandez and Roy in check.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
I hate playing in Portland. Annoying ass fans that boo every call, it's Utah bad. Really, really, really important for the Mavs to hold serve and win games 1 & 2.
If people thought Golden State was nuts... I would lose one of the first two games and have to go in there to win one.

If we HAVE to, I'd say that game 4 is much more winnable than game 3. Either way, the Rose Garden is going to be crazy.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #64
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fluid, I think I'm gonna hit up game 4. It's really the only viable option since it's the only wknd game in Portlandia.
You probably didn't see me bitching in the other thread. I have a gig during game 1 (will not be able to watch any of this game), class during game 2 (will skip, even though its a final review day), final during game 3 (will finish early to not miss any of the game, but won't be able to leave in time to get tickets and drive down there) and a memorial to go to during game 4 (will not be able to watch any of this game, let alone go to it).

FML.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #65
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

You guys better get in a fight with some Portland fans!
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #66
fluid.forty.one

I will at some point during this week.. probably not during a game.

If it goes to 6 I may be able to go and who knows what will happen.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #67
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Seriously, what's wrong with all you pessimistic bitches?

Mavs are gonna take this in six games ...
you watched the playoffs the last few years?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #68
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You guys better get in a fight with some Portland fans!
Count on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
You probably didn't see me bitching in the other thread. I have a gig during game 1 (will not be able to watch any of this game), class during game 2 (will skip, even though its a final review day), final during game 3 (will finish early to not miss any of the game, but won't be able to leave in time to get tickets and drive down there) and a memorial to go to during game 4 (will not be able to watch any of this game, let alone go to it).

FML.
Weak sauce for sure. But you'll make up for it at Game 6.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #69
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since 2006, the Mavs have won 1 road game. And that was to the Manu-less" Spurs.

The Mavs suck on the road (in the playoffs)... so winning the first two at home is critical.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #70
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Since 2006, the Mavs have won 1 road game. And that was to the Manu-less" Spurs.

The Mavs suck on the road (in the playoffs)... so winning the first two at home is critical.
Two road games against the Manu-less Spurs.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #71
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Either way it has been pitiful.

They have lost to Sa last year at home and couldn't win a road game. They lost at home against Denver and couldn't win a road game. They lost at home to the Hornets and then couldn't win a road game. They lost at home to GS and couldn't win a road game.

It's been frustrating. The first two games are critical to the Mavs. For such a good road team in the regular season, thy have sucked in the playoffs at "stealing one."
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #72
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Kidd even seems to have more spring in his step no pun intended going into the playoffs then in years past.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #73
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I think Mavs in 6.

I apologize if this has already been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faiCIR9P1Ns

Love the video. So awesome.

Go Mavericks!!!

Last edited by monty55555; 04-14-2011 at 05:36 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #74
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Man, Mavs really messed up nationally.

Abbott described Portland as having won the "Dallas Lottery".

Mavs need to represent.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #75
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Either way it has been pitiful.

They have lost to Sa last year at home and couldn't win a road game. They lost at home against Denver and couldn't win a road game. They lost at home to the Hornets and then couldn't win a road game. They lost at home to GS and couldn't win a road game.

It's been frustrating. The first two games are critical to the Mavs. For such a good road team in the regular season, thy have sucked in the playoffs at "stealing one."
I agree with "frustrating," for sure. Pitiful? I dunno. Some of the individual effort were pitiful (especially a couple of those NO and Denver road games), but they lost Games 3 and 4 in SA last year by a combined total of like 7 points. I'm not ready to call that pitiful across the board.

I do agree that they need to figure out how to steal one or two at some point if this is gonna be a significant playoff run.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #76
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just worried about the first bad 6-10 minute stretch. Mentally the Mavs need to get past a dryspell on their end or a hot run by the Blazers. Strong leadership, consistent defense and rebounding will help but with all the talk and the past playoff torture, it'll be obvious if the Mavs have ghosts in their ear. If their heads start drooping, dragging their feet to timeouts, yelling at each other and quiet on defense, I might turn off the set early.

Gotta keep the heads up, keep talking to each other, the hand/butt/back slaps. Remember you're a 57 win team, the past is the past, you can actually play defense this year and punch back.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #77
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Man, Mavs really messed up nationally.

Abbott described Portland as having won the "Dallas Lottery".

Mavs need to represent.
He also picked the Mavs to win (in 7).

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011...zers-mavericks

Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #78
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
He also picked the Mavs to win (in 7).

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011...zers-mavericks
True but I think that comment was more indicative of what the rest of the basketball community thinks of Dallas amongst the tops seeds vs. Abbott himself. He does describe Dallas as being the most desirable top seed to play in the BS report.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #79
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Hollinger picking Portland in six does not surprise me. I've never seen a more anti Mavs guy in the media.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #80
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Hollinger picking Portland in six does not surprise me. I've never seen a more anti Mavs guy in the media.
out of over 37,000 people who voted on the fan poll on espn.com, 56 percent pick the blazers to beat us. the general consensus is that we will lose. so it's not just hollinger this time

plus he's a blazers fan

Last edited by xrobx; 04-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote