Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: San Antonio versus Dallas, March 17, 8 p.m. central

Like the topic yesterday suggested, SA poses matchup problems for the Mavs. Parker's penetration, and their ability to hit the 3 really hurts the Mavs.

Mavs are 1/2 game out of the 4th spot and home court advantage in the West. Really need to start being consistent and getting in the Top 4.l
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Jackson will make his debut it seems. I just hope the Spurs don't go 25/25 from three, like it seems is the case everytime they face the Mavs.

Haywood out is a big blow!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

B2b for SAS, we better win this game. No excuses.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the first meeting in San Antonio, Mavs looked pretty good against the Wests' best, injuries and all. Hopefully that continues. Defense will be a huge test, Mavs have slipped lately.

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-17-2012 at 10:30 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Goo Mavs
Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

No way Spurs win back to back games vs Thunder n Mavs.

We gotta have this one tonight.

Gotta get the ball rolling again.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope pop doesn't throw in the towel, that second unit almost kicked our ass!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Pop will probably rest Duncan and try to embarrass us with Parker+depth. Especially with Wood out, he can go small.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-17-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Pop will probably rest Duncan and try to embarrass us with Parker+depth. Especially with Wood out, he can go small.
I thought you said we'd be better if we amnestied him - which is it?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
markus1234
Platinum Member

W'd be better next year if we amnesty Wood and try to sign a better alternative. There are alternatives. No need to sign Jermanie O'Neal or Greg Oden, really.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
W'd be better next year if we amnesty Wood and try to sign a better alternative. There are alternatives. No need to sign Jermanie O'Neal or Greg Oden, really.
You don't amnesty a guy until you have another one in your grasp, retard.

And what do Jermanie O'Neal or Greg Oden have to do with anything? Those guys are clearly worse than Haywood...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
markus1234
Platinum Member

Ok, Underdog, this was my last conversation with you. Grow up.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-17-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
Ok, Underdog, this was my last conversation with you.
Not man enough to admit when you're wrong?

(or is Dirk also still "done" in your retarded little mind?)

Old 03-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Bayliss is riding the hot hand, but I am going to this game tonight and I haven't seen the Mavs lose in person! This will be my ninth game, and these tickets sure weren't cheap either. This is my Spring Break plan, and maybe hit up Greenville, but I think it's too late... I also went to last post season the very first game against the Blazers, and the Mavericks won the championship! Ergo, I won the championship.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

must win
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Bayliss is riding the hot hand, but I am going to this game tonight and I haven't seen the Mavs lose in person! This will be my ninth game, and these tickets sure weren't cheap either. This is my Spring Break plan, and maybe hit up Greenville, but I think it's too late... I also went to last post season the very first game against the Blazers, and the Mavericks won the championship! Ergo, I won the championship.
Tonight would be a good night to go down Mckinney before the game. Mall of the bars will have st pats stuff going on. The Mckinney avenue tavern is nice and will have a shuttle to the game. Nim not sure about on the way back, but it's less than a mile walk I think.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs really need to close out on their shooters. No doubling and trapping, or they'll get killed on 14-25 shooting from deep. Let Parker get his. Green, Neal and co. aren't going to beat you off the dribble.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Underdog on a roll, keep going.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Not liking the matchup without haywood/west, Parker will get to the lane and probably get ian into foul trouble quick. Is Ginobli going to play?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Not liking the matchup without haywood/west, Parker will get to the lane and probably get ian into foul trouble quick. Is Ginobli going to play?
Yeah, no West means Roddy is going to have to step up in a BIG way on both ends of the floor...

And I agree about Ian getting into quick foul trouble - we'll probably see a healthy dose of Sean Williams tonight, in addition to Wright.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

We have to close out hard on their shooters, that's the only way we'll get the win tonight. If we play lazy defense and just hope they miss we'll get buried. Hopefully we can get the W.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Marion's a game time decision. smh
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Marion's a game time decision. smh
Easy win.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #24
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the Spurs with every bone in my body.

I can't stand whenever we lose to this team.

We better F'ing win this one.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

F these bastards. I'm on the rooftop of renfelds having a cold hefeweizen before going to kick their arses!!!!

Mavs rule and spurs drool!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Rick Carlisle said Shawn Marion remains a game-time decision with that sore left knee. I asked Marion and he said, "I wanna play."
Hmm...
Old 03-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #27
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Hmm...
Quote:
NO Shawn Marion in the layup line warmups. It appears he will be OUT for tonight's game with his sore left knee.
ugh
Old 03-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #28
Kante
Diamond Member

Yep:
Quote:
Starting lineup for the Mavericks: Kidd, Beaubois, Carter, Nowitzki and Mahinmi
Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #29
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Yep:
Bench is going to be ass tonight.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

will be hard night for Lamar and Vince chasing around Manu Ginobili
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #31
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

whats up with marion ?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #32
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Roddy-Oop!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #33
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

A roddy lop... been a long time..
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
Bayliss

Vince needs to not shoot those.....
Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #35
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Dirk and 1!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
Bayliss

Roddy driving with purpose.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Great D by J.Kidd
Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
Kante
Diamond Member

Roddy got blocked, needed to pass it to Carter for the three. But solid start from the Mavs, now Neal is in, first three coming in 3, 2, 1...
Old 03-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #39
Bayliss

Could the mavs quit making nonchalant passes to dirk in the post?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #40
grandmasta8

grandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the rough

Mavs looking VERY agressive, me like
grandmasta8 is offline   Reply With Quote