Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 1 20.00%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 2 40.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 20.00%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2020, 12:43 AM   #161
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think we have the bigs already

IMO KP, Kleber and WCS is a nice trio up front i just think we have come up short in terms of getting them some sort of playing time in tandem a little more often

The wing defenders are a little more difficult and I agree that will take more time as DFS is our only real legit defender amongst the wing players

Hopefully this summer we can finally get closer to fixing that issue
I think we've got some work to do. What we can actually get done depends on whether THJ opts out. If he does then we have some room to work. If not then its the MLE and try to trade Jackson and Wright

I'm going to miss JJ. I love him to death and I wondered why Carlisle wasn't playing him, but now I know he's pretty much done
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2020, 04:57 AM   #162
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Cant believe all of the negativity on this board.
Gotta look at the positives going forward:

1. We have a 21 yo superstar.
2. We have a 24 yo superstar.
3. We wont have to face the Bulls, Knicks, Hawks, Wizards, or Hornets again this season.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #163
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I get why people want to see us play bigs, especially WCS who seems to have a tantalizing inside-outside defensive game, but I also 100% trust Carlisle. I do think we’re beating a dead horse by continually bringing up who’s not on the floor when we could talk about the performances of the guys who are playing. I’m not saying it an either/or thing, but the WCS/ Carlisle debate is sucking oxygen out of every thread.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #164
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Cant believe all of the negativity on this board.
Gotta look at the positives going forward:

1. We have a 21 yo superstar.
2. We have a 24 yo superstar.
3. We wont have to face the Bulls, Knicks, Hawks, Wizards, or Hornets again this season.
4. We have the second-best shooter of all time for three more years at 8million per. MLE is 9.7mill. Curry literally earning less than the MLE.
5. Our salaries are looking pretty solid to keep our guys and maybe add some decent talent if we're smart. IF THJ is poached, then we'll have around 28-30 mill to go out looking to replace him. If he opts in, we'll still have a good amount of money in 2022.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-03-2020 at 01:47 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #165
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I think it's going to be really interesting to see if RC starts out the game vs New Orleans going small

They play both Zion and Favors together and I'm not sure which one of them DFS would defend being our small ball 4 man

If he defends Zion he's going to get punished inside
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #166
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think it's going to be really interesting to see if RC starts out the game vs New Orleans going small

They play both Zion and Favors together and I'm not sure which one of them DFS would defend being our small ball 4 man

If he defends Zion he's going to get punished inside
I was thinking the exact same thing. There better be some size in the middle or the Mavs are going to pay the price. Over/under for Zion highlight dunks is 3 imo.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #167
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
It was online, but short, so I'd say fatigue and legs are why it was short.
21 year old having fatigue and leg problems? Really?! And he just turned 21. I don't buy it.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:30 PM   #168
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
21 year old having fatigue and leg problems? Really?! And he just turned 21. I don't buy it.
I got tired legs at 17 when I ran track.

You can get tired legs at any age if you are working out hard and playing/practicing every single day for six straight months, which is exactly what theyve done.

It's not the inability to get out of bed. It's 5-10% less explosiveness from muscles and that's enough to impact performance when you're playing at the top level.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-03-2020 at 05:31 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #169
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I got tired legs at 17 when I ran track.

You can get tired legs at any age if you are working out hard and playing/practicing every single day for six straight months, which is exactly what theyve done.

It's not the inability to get out of bed. It's 5-10% less explosiveness from muscles and that's enough to impact performance when you're playing at the top level.
Agree. End of 48 minute NBA game, night of a back 2 back, 2nd half of season. It's understandable if he didn't have enough lift. I think you hope adrenaline can give you that little bit of extra. This shot was dead on from almost half-court it seems. 10 inches more and it's in.

Edit: it's a low percentage shot, and I'm certainly not blaming Luka or his conditioning or anything like that for not making it. I was just making an observation. I'm sure Luka would agree that he missed it short because he didn't quite get enough into it. Captain Obvious anybody? ;-)

Last edited by turin; 03-04-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #170
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Dp

Last edited by oilfieldtrash; 03-04-2020 at 08:10 AM.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #171
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

A pro athlete should be able to play 32 minutes every night without much trouble. Playing every other day? lol. The NBA must be the worst conditioned athletes of all the sports. It's laughable that people buy into this over worked crap.

And no you don't lose 10% of your explosiveness having played 32 minutes of basketball. So you're saying Usain Bolt is going to run a 10 second 100 yard dash the next day after having run a 9 second the day before?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #172
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Are we arguing that Luka missed a contested half court shot because he didn’t have enough legs? C’mon man. Even if Luka practices that shot the odds of that going in are slim to begin with.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:37 AM   #173
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Are we arguing that Luka missed a contested half court shot because he didn’t have enough legs? C’mon man. Even if Luka practices that shot the odds of that going in are slim to begin with.
Yea, of all things to debate, Luka missing a semi contested half court shot is what is happening.

That game never should have come down to a half court heave. For either team. We had the game in hand, then they had the game in hand and missed 400 shots in a row and turned it over like we do in crunch time.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #174
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I agree. I'm not complaining about Luka. It was a low percentage shot at the end of the game. It was dead on line but was short. I was just making an observation.

Last edited by turin; 03-04-2020 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:59 PM   #175
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
A pro athlete should be able to play 32 minutes every night without much trouble. Playing every other day? lol. The NBA must be the worst conditioned athletes of all the sports. It's laughable that people buy into this over worked crap.

And no you don't lose 10% of your explosiveness having played 32 minutes of basketball. So you're saying Usain Bolt is going to run a 10 second 100 yard dash the next day after having run a 9 second the day before?

I didn't want to say anything when I read that post

But you are correct sir....

I played college ball over 10 years ago and we had lots of guys on my team between the age 18-21 and I never heard a single guy complain about being fatigued before or after games.

Having said that the NBA is different these dudes get paid millions so they are an investment. They aren't really being load managed because of fatigue most of those guys are conditioned like a well oiled machine.

I find it kind of funny at times when I read things like he's sitting out do to fatigue or tired legs.

This is basketball your going to get fatigued and tired doing games. But usually a good night sleep or rest afterwards gets you recharged for the next game unless your dealing with some kind of lingering injury or illness.

A lot of these young guys played AAU ball so tbh B2B games isn't really the issue they are used to that stuff.

It's more about just protecting the players from injury at the NBA level.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #176
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't want to say anything when I read that post

But you are correct sir....

I played college ball over 10 years ago and we had lots of guys on my team between the age 18-21 and I never heard a single guy complain about being fatigued before or after games.

Having said that the NBA is different these dudes get paid millions so they are an investment. They aren't really being load managed because of fatigue most of those guys are conditioned like a well oiled machine.

I find it kind of funny at times when I read things like he's sitting out do to fatigue or tired legs.

This is basketball your going to get fatigued and tired doing games. But usually a good night sleep or rest afterwards gets you recharged for the next game unless your dealing with some kind of lingering injury or illness.

A lot of these young guys played AAU ball so tbh B2B games isn't really the issue they are used to that stuff.

It's more about just protecting the players from injury at the NBA level.
Yeah it’s more about long term asset management, and from the player/agent side, it’s about prolonging the player’s career. Fatigue does happen though. You can’t compare it to college. That’s why the “rookie wall” exists, and every year you hear rookies and second year players admit that they didn’t understand how grueling the nba season was, and that they experienced fatigue.

You also can’t just compare 32 minutes of nba time to your nightly cardio workout, or pickup game. Hockey players play 20 minutes a night broken up into minute and a half shifts. Are they not well conditioned athletes? Apples and oranges.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #177
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Remember DSJ looking like he was about to hyperventilate multiple times during his rookie season after 5 minute shifts?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #178
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

These guys are all playing injured this time of year. I'm all for scheduled or unscheduled rest, due to fatigue or whatever. I remember a few years ago people here were calling out KP when he was a Knick for saying he was run down and fatigued and I defended him essentially saying he should know his body better than anyone. If he needs rest, rest him! And he got hurt not long afterward.

I would never hold fatigue or needing rest against a player, as long as they are staying in good shape, good diet and not out until 4am every night getting blasted.

Last edited by mac222b; 03-04-2020 at 02:48 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote