Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-30-2002, 07:32 PM   #1
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

News Report

(picture below)

Keon Clark ticketed for marijuana possession

July 30, 2002

DANVILLE, Ill. (AP) -- Free-agent center Keon Clark was cited for marijuana possession and must appear in court next month.

Clark, 27, was ticketed at 10:50 p.m. on Sunday for having about a gram of marijuana in his car, city attorney David Wesner said. Clark, formerly of the Toronto Raptors, was not arrested.

He will appear in Danville Municipal Court on Aug. 22, and if found guilty, Clark could be fined between $250 and $1,500.

Wesner said Clark was cited about two years ago for a similar offense. The citations will not appear on criminal records because they are dealt with in local courts, Wesner said.

Clark played for the Raptors for two seasons, and he became a free agent July 22 after the team rescinded an offer to extend his contract.

He averaged 11.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.9 blocks last year.

Here is Keon and his bud moments before getting busted:

Keon and friend

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2002, 07:37 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

what a dumbass. The Knicks will surely sign him now. Or the Blazers.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< what a dumbass. The Knicks will surely sign him now. Or the Blazers. >>

They would sign him because they have alot of black players on there team? Knicks dont have any history of off the court problems and I guess u can make the case for Spree but he hasnt had any since being a Knick. Portland has Kemp Stoudamire had a stint with teh law adn thats about it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:32 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Portland also has Ruben Patterson, Qyntel Woods, Bonzi Wells. All have had some form of trouble with the law.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Non story, the guy is found with 1 gram of weed. I don't know how much that is, but I am guessing not much more than a couple of joints. Who cares

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:28 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

grbh- good call.

FilthyFinMavs- noone ever mentioned race until ignorance reigned down on the thread. That is one dumbass remark. The point was that the Blazers take on a criminal element (and if you dont realize that its not my problem) and the Knicks seem to catch all the contract/bad boy personas. Keep it out of the racial arena. That was ridiculous.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< grbh- good call.

FilthyFinMavs- noone ever mentioned race until ignorance reigned down on the thread. That is one dumbass remark. The point was that the Blazers take on a criminal element (and if you dont realize that its not my problem) and the Knicks seem to catch all the contract/bad boy personas. Keep it out of the racial arena. That was ridiculous.
>>

It wasnt really a racial comment well atelast I didnt see it as one. I was just saying because this isnt the first time u are or anyone else has brought up the Trailblazers and Knicks. I was just wondering why u made such a ignorant comment. And being that Knicks and Blazers rarely or nearly have no black players I assumed u made the comment to say because they were black. As far as I knwo Knicks are a pretty good team off the court. You could have said 76ers being how they are off court trouble or u could have said Milwaukee. Thats why I asked the questionn.

1996-2005
Old 07-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

any remark that question racial underpinnings is ignorant. You can rest assured there is no racial intent in ANY of my posts and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't twist anything I said to even be remotely racial in nature.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:45 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

It wasnt really a racial comment well atelast I didnt see it as one.
Not really? Is that like being almost pregnant?

And being that Knicks and Blazers rarely or nearly have no black players I assumed u made the comment to say because they were black.
If you cannot recognize that this statement is racial in nature than you are ignorant.

With that said if you did not mean for it to be taken that way...fine.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:47 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< It wasnt really a racial comment well atelast I didnt see it as one.
Not really? Is that like being almost pregnant?

And being that Knicks and Blazers rarely or nearly have no black players I assumed u made the comment to say because they were black.
If you cannot recognize that this statement is racial in nature than you are ignorant.

With that said if you did not mean for it to be taken that way...fine.
>>

No I didnt think it was racial at all. And no its not like being almost pregnant its like I didnt see it as a racial comment but u did. I think its sad that every time someone says black or say white its a racial comment. Maybe I should have said African American or Caucasian.

1996-2005
Old 07-30-2002, 09:50 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Or maybe recognize that race had nothing to do with it at all and avoid the use of that vernacular. The original post dealt with the Blazers reputation for being a current breeding ground for the NBA's least law-abiding players and NY's persona. That's all.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:53 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Or maybe recognize that race had nothing to do with it at all and avoid the use of that vernacular. The original post dealt with the Blazers reputation for being a current breeding ground for the NBA's least law-abiding players and NY's persona. That's all. >>

See u didnt say that at first and thats why I questioned it. If u would have said this maybe I would have understood u more and it makes more sense rather than saying &quot;what a dumbass. The Knicks will surely sign him now. Or the Blazers&quot; Tell me which one sounds more appopriate.

1996-2005
Old 07-30-2002, 10:06 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Anyone that uses race in an argument or to make a point is a dumbass IMO. It shows ignorance weakness, and intolerance. Since you say it wasn't your intent...fuhgedabowdit
Old 07-30-2002, 10:22 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Anyone that uses race in an argument or to make a point is a dumbass IMO. It shows ignorance weakness, and intolerance. Since you say it wasn't your intent...fuhgedabowdit >>

I usually wouldnt tolerate these words being used towards me but since I do not want to get banned Im not gonna retaliate and just act like I just didnt even read what u just typed in the second sentence. And yes im a dumbass for using race in a argument lmao. Becuase u use race in a argument makes u a dumbass? That makes totally no sense. I was using race to ask a question it wasnt used as a argument or what not. Like i said if u dont see what u typed as racial then its all good here cuz i aint trippin. &quot;what a dumbass. The Knicks will surely sign him now. Or the Blazers&quot; I found the comment racial and was just asking what u meant by it. By no means was I callin u a racist but u assumed I was. Watch ur language next because I might not be so nice and let this slide.

1996-2005
Old 07-30-2002, 10:24 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

FFM- don't suppose yourself to be someone whose opinion I give a **** about. **** off. I would have let it go....since you don't want to ...**** it.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:07 PM   #16
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:20 PM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

it's fix'd
Old 07-30-2002, 11:22 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< FFM- don't suppose yourself to be someone whose opinion I give a shit about. Piss off. I would have let it go....since you don't want to ...suck it. >>

What tha hell did u just say? **** didnt come together for me all I got was the first sentence anyway u shouldnt give a **** about my opinion because I really dont give a **** about yours. Was that suppose to hurt my feelings? Lol u got to come harder than that if it was suppose to. **** ******* *****.

1996-2005
Old 07-31-2002, 05:48 AM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps this will scare other teams and we can sign Clark for the minimum or somesuch.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 08:51 AM   #20
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Yes he's a dumbass... However this may make him more marketable which may make him more attractive to a team..
Old 07-31-2002, 12:17 PM   #21
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Clark unlikely fit for Magic finances

By Jerry Brewer | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted

The Orlando Magic are no closer to signing free agent forward/center Keon Clark after a meeting between General Manager John Gabriel and Jim Mourer, Clark's agent.

Though Gabriel said the meeting went well, the same issues that make signing Clark such a long shot still exist.

The Magic don't have much room beneath the so-called luxury tax and aren't willing to chance it. Other teams that covet Clark either have the flexibility or don't care about paying a dollar-for-dollar tax.

It was originally thought that Clark would accompany Mourer to Orlando, but the 6-foot-11 former Magic draft pick did not visit. If talks progress and Clark grows more intrigued with the Magic, he will visit. The Magic hope that, at some point, they can bring him in for some wooing.

Mutual interest has caused the Magic to explore adding Clark to the roster. Clark, who averaged 11.3 points and 7.4 rebounds for Toronto last season, has said in the past that living where there is no state income tax is attractive to him. He is also said to be an avid golfer in the off-season. And the Magic play a faster style that could showcase his athleticism.

Still, he is expected to command the entire $4.545 million mid-level exception. Though the Magic have most of it to spend, they are dangerously close to the luxury tax, which is expected to kick in between $50 and $52 million this coming season. If a franchise's team salary is above that number, they will have to pay, dollar for dollar, the money over that amount they are. That's why signing Clark is so difficult.

&quot;I think it's unlikely, but you've still got to explore,&quot; Gabriel said. &quot;When players show interest, you have to kick open a door that's slightly cracked.&quot;

Clark has at least six serious suitors, including the Sacramento Kings, who are championship contenders.

To acquire Clark, the Magic would have to make a trade that might have to include Mike Miller.

But the Magic are interested in finally keeping a core of players together, as well as carefully monitoring their 2003 cap situation. They are expected to be well below the salary cap next season.

Gabriel has said that he feels comfortable with his current roster.

&quot;I do like it,&quot; he said. &quot;As much as we care about re-launching our team to championship status, our goal is to keep core guys together who've been through the good and the bad.&quot;

The Magic also learned Monday that instant replay will be allowed in limited situations this season.

The NBA Board of Governors approved the idea. Plays will be automatically reviewed on any last-second shots at the end of a quarter or overtime. Replays on potential game-deciding instances will also be used to check whether a player had his foot on the 3-point line or out-of-bounds line and to determine whether fouls at the end of quarters or overtime occurred with time remaining on the clock.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:24 PM   #22
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

No to Keon.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote