Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-08-2003, 12:21 AM   #41
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

Well, if Bill judged him and the others here on last season, hell half would not be here. But he seen enough out of him in camp, preseason, etc etc to award him the starting job. Let's just see what he can do with it, he has had it for ONE game. Parcells is not concerned with that at all, so neither am I.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:23 AM   #42
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

I can assure you that Parcells is very concerned. He needs a quarterback desperately and he doesn't have one.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:27 AM   #43
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I think we all know Parcells holds no punches. If he thought Quincy played crappy today, he would have said it. Agree?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:31 AM   #44
Drbio
Banned

No. Parcells isn't going to mindf*ck Qspare like Coslet used to do. Parcells knows he is up shit creek without a paddle in terms of having a quality quarterback. he knows he doesn't have good prospects at that position. He isn't going to mentally bash Qcrappy at this point by telling the truth that he absolutely sucked. Nothing good could come of it. He will challenge Qspare openly though to do better, but he is smart enough to do it with tact. So if that is what you meant...ok.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:36 AM   #45
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I just read that statistically, this was Queef's best game ever. hahaha. Oh what a bright future we have! I hope the Queef era lasts forever!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:42 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

will the cowboys just ride out the season with QCar so that they can ensure failure and either pick up a good quarterback via free agency or go young in the draft?

I was actually impressed with almost everyone offensively except carter..some of the play calling sucked..the cowboys should have hammered the ball down their throats on the ground early, but they chose to "unleash" QCar too often
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #47
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The Falcons were lining up eight and nine in the box on every single play and leaving the corners to play single coverage on our wideouts. In effect, they were dismissing Carter's ability to make plays in the passing game. Oh boy did that turn out to be the right strategy. Sure, he was able to hit Galloway a couple of times, but I think the Falcons were more than willing to let Queef throw the ball downfield. After all, every other deep pass is a wobbling duck ripe for an interception. As long as Carter is the QB, I think we'll see all of our opponents load up eight or nine men in the box. And as long as Quincy is the QB, we'll get the priveledge of seeing a putrid passing game and a suffocated running game every single week. That's the hallmark of the Quincy Carter Era. Let's hope his turd season is shorter than his second. It's the only hope this franchise has of moving past its status as a league-wide joke that Queef has so generously ushered it into.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

even with the falcons lining 8 men in the box, the cowboys were still extremely effective running the ball early. i would have liked to have seen more running the ball early until the falcons showed the ability to slow it down
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:41 AM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Hambrick surprisingly has a 4.6 yards per carry average in the first half. I agree with murph. We should have rode his butt until it fell off. In theory, 4.6 per carry cannot be stopped. We were moving the ball at will in the first quarter because of the run.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #50
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Qcard is just average he doesn't do anything that makes you think hes great. Bryant for god sake an illegal motion negated a 48 yard pass to joey. I know you want to give galloway an A but remember the reverse that he coughed up and ended a drive prematurely at the end of the second quarter.

I agree their were a lot of negatives in the game. But their were a lot of positives I remember that great catch bryant made at the 2 or 3 minute point at the end of the third quarter it was incredible. Terry Glenn well he played like a 6th round pick one catch the entire game.

Qcard come on quit the indeciseviness. Either run or don't for goodness sake what that drive where he was about to run for a big gain and then through it off his backfoot. He was bad but not as bad as Jake Plummer 21.7 qb rating thank god we didn't sign him to a huge deal.

Coaching was masterful at times puzzling the next. I know you want qcard to manage the game but come on let him loose a little. Too many times we would run on second down and get stopped in our tracks. Too many times we would throw a screen pass and not get the first down. Field position is great big plays are much better.C+

Special teams I am sorry if i am so unimpressed. No big game breaking returns when this team clearly needs one or two plays. A missed extra point , a missed field goal. How many games is cundiff going to lose for us this year. We would have had a big momentum boost with a 13-7 score at the end of the half, with so many bumbles.

4th quarter managment a time out with 2:01 to play in the game, the cowboys would have had three time outs plus the two minute warning. Come on.

Richie Anderson- let me get this straight the guy can't block, he holds a guy and he still gets to the quarterback.
Avion Cason was great why didn't he get more carries. This guys a playmaker at least on third down. Hambrick was avg at best 43 yards for the day on the ground. Is it me or was the qb to runningback exchange disasterous.

Finally the defense at times in the first half stifling holding the falcons even without mike vick to a field goal. Defensive backfield with williams, woody and newman were all solid. The unit as a whole C.

Offensive line- was stellar in the first half. But pressure by the falcons Dline forced bad plays for the cowboys including not getting any points when you are at the one yard line at the end of the game.

Hidden yardage didn't the cowboys have 209 yards at the end of the half yet the only had 7 points come on wheres the 14 points when you need them. Bad false starts, bad pass interference penalties cost us big plays on offense and defense.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:16 PM   #51
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

here are my select grades:

<u>Quincy</u> = D
on his throwing alone he was a C at best, but with him turning the ball over twice (the one thing that he CAN NOT get away with), he earned a the D. He did have some good throws, but they were all deep. He needs to improve greatly with his short throws, and keep from turning the ball over.
ALSO, that INT was PATHETIC

<u>Galloway</u> = A
his deep threat provided the only spark of offense throughout the game. and on a bright note, the Cowboys were actually able to take advantage of it.

<u>Cason </u> = A
he didn't touch the ball much, but provided a huge lift when he did. And that burst of speed to score that TD was awesome.

<u>Hambrick</u> = C
he took what was there, and that was it. Very average performance, and probably player. I'd love to see at least a flash of some gamebreaking from him, but I guess we'll see.

<u>O - Line</u> = C
again average. not much rushing in the second half, and some break downs in the pass blocking. BUT, it still looked like an improvement from last year.

<u>Offense</u> = D
they had flashes, but too inconsistant. but at least they moved the ball, and have something to build on.

<u>Defense</u> = D
another decent perforance until it mattered, then they folded.

<u> Special Teams </u> = D
nothing special on returns, and missing a FG, and EXTRA point get a D
but the punter looked good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

<u>TEAM</u> = D
i think we all agree that this team is a "C" team, but with all the breakdowns on offense, and defense, they earned a D. hopefully they overachieve next game, and earn a B, and possibly a W