Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Anybody watching the US Open?

Mens Final is today, Roddick v. Ferrero. Roddick won the first set, 6-3, Ferrero is leading the second 2-1.

Roddick had an unbelievable comeback win in the semis. He was down two games & match point in the third & basically aced his way back. Something like 36 aces, ridiculous.

He can win his first Grand Slam title today.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:35 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

He's about to end it in the third, if not the second.

He justs needs to be better when Federro serves.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Anybody watching the US Open?
Are the Cowboys playing?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Well, not so much watching as checking in between commercials. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Roddick won the tiebreak in the second set & is up 1-0 in the third. Getting close...
Old 09-07-2003, 05:23 PM   #5
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Anybody watching the US Open?

oooh, i didn't realize this was on too! i will watch during commercials.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #6
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

6-3,7-6,6-3.

first grand slam for andy.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #7
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

yay andy! he was so cute when he won!
Old 09-07-2003, 05:39 PM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

That is so awesome for him. He's won like 18 straight matches, he really is playing the best tennis of his career right now.

Congrats Andy!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #9
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Anybody who can serve 140mph consistently will be hard to beat, if not impossible when you are as accurate as Roddick was during the whole US Open. UnFreakingBelievable! Way to go Roddick, you da man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

p.s. Does anybody in here play Tennis? I need some bad serious competition. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need bad competition, try Quincy Carter.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:55 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Mens Final is today, Roddick v. Ferrero. Roddick won the first set, 6-3, Ferrero is leading the second 2-1.

Roddick had an unbelievable comeback win in the semis. He was down two games & match point in the third & basically aced his way back. Something like 36 aces, ridiculous.

He can win his first Grand Slam title today.
He was one shot away from elimination, and he fought his way back into the match. I don't think I've ever seen someone come back like that.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:06 PM   #12
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
If you need bad competition, try Quincy Carter.
Actually I wanna play someone who is really really good. All of my friends and family members won't play me anymore. Kinda pissing me off. I got all this talent and no one to abuse it with. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:30 AM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:

He was one shot away from elimination, and he fought his way back into the match. I don't think I've ever seen someone come back like that.
That was the shot in the semis where someone in the crowd yelled "out!"?
I bet Nalbandian's still steamed about that one.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote