Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

Opening weekend. This is the favorite time of year for all football fans. Each team has the exact same statistical shot at the Super Bowl. As diehard fans, we all think maybe...... just maybe…....there is a freaky chance…deep in the back of our subconscious minds....that we might be seeing the beginning of a Super Bowl run. Even Bengal fans have hope…right up to the kickoff. The Cowboys kickoff came and went and we all have endured out personal highs and lows and now understand where our favorite team stands for the long run. All I can say is.....ugh.

Who wouldn't trade Billy Cindiff for a bag of rubber doggie doo right about now? At least we can sell the doggie doo or get a little enjoyment out of the many potential pranks it affords.

What happened from the first quarter to the rest of the game?

The Cowboys came out with a swagger that I haven't seen since the playoff years…the kind of attitude we haven’t seen since the days of Jimmy Johnson…the kind of attitude that only Parcells can demand. It was apparent in the first quarter but slowly faded into the half.

Do you think Warrick Dunn has ever regretted leaving the Buccaneers over a few more bucks?

You know I will have a lot to say about Qspare, Qtard, Qcrappy...yes...Quincy Carter. After a pretty solid first quarter plus, he mentally broke down in the second quarter. Two not-even-close overthrows followed by a forced interception earned Qcrappy a well-deserved ass chewing by Parcells. You could read Parcells lips “That was f*cking stupid”. In the next possession after the interception, he missed several “easy” throws in the drive including a toss to Dan Campbell that would have been an easy touchdown had Qcrappy not thrown it behind Campbell. The guy buckled under pressure and failed in the second quarter. In the second half, Qspare came out with a fizzle. He continued to suck and suck badly. He made numerous mental gaffs and Parcells said words that no man's momma should have to hear being said to her son. Carter finally settled down a bit and made what I though was a really nice pass to Galloway for a 49 yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Troy Aikman was not so kind. Aikman commented that Carter missed the pass, that it was thrown short and behind. Even I am not going to nitpick that pass so severley. I thought it was the nicest spiral he has thrown in years and it hit the mark for a touchdown. Still....Qspare has a long way to go to even reach respectability. If he can just not lose games due to mental breakdowns and his propensity to throw passes that make ducks horny we could be ok. I fear it is going to be a long year. I mean…who can we replace him with??? Hutch? Ugh. Is that Brunell trade offer still on the table?

Let’s get Larry Allen some rest. The man is one of the best of all time. He needs to heal to be effective and we need him badly. We are so much better with him in the lineup.

The over/under on Qspare ass chewings for next week has been set at 37 by Las Vegas. Check your local bookie for updates.

Position Announcement:
<u>Kicker for the Dallas Cowboys</u>
Must not play like a girl. Enjoys pressure.
Gets elevation on all kicks. Isn't afraid of his own shadow.
Loves pressure.
Call 1-800-not-a-wimp or visit www.dallascowboys.com for the official posting and benefits package.

Nice fumble on the first drive of the second half. Carter sucks. It says a lot to me that Hutchison is worse than Qtard and gets that much money. It tells me Jerry Jones is an idiot. First he burns a #2 on a shitty qb, then he overpays for another shitty qb. As one of the more respected posters on this site once said.....shit+shit=shit. We can expect a long season folks. I sure hope Parcells can prevent Jones from making further similarly horrific additions to this team.

Cason. Greatness today. Can we get him some more carries? Please. Pretty please????

Joey Galloway gets the one and only Dallas gameball. Joey could still be a playmaker if he could only play with a quarterback that could throw. What an incredible effort today bu Galloway. He played with heart and spirit and could not have been asked to do more. Well done Mr. Galloway.

You know what? I saw something that really pissed me off today. With only 2 minutes or so left in the game, the cameras caught Hutch laughing on the sidelines. I hope the Cowboys fine his butt for that garbage.

Some people search for Bobby Fisher. Can you look for Terry Glenn while you are at it?

I had to laugh at JayC during the gameday thread when he said this offense looked worse than Coslets. Not because it was funny, but because I felt his pain and frustration and laughing was better than throwing my keyboard through the television.

Alge Crumpler is a very good tight end.

Parcells was caught smiling by the television cameras after Casons 63 yard touchdown run. Anyone else get the feeling that it won’t happen again all year?

Greg Ellis never quit. He unloaded on Doug Johnson early in the fourth and played hard all game long.

Andrew Gurode was solid. I watched him exclusively for numerous plays and never saw him miss an assignment. His only black mark came on a stupid facemask penalty.

Hello Newman. Nice to see a potential shut down corner in action. I thought he played a pretty good game.

Doug Johnson did what Qspare could not. He didn’t lose the game. His decision making was pretty solid and he made some great throws after building up his confidence.

Hambrick played a solid first half. Seriously. I have been on his butt all off season but he played a nice first half. He still doesn’t show that killer ram it down their throats mentality, but he ran better than we all probably expected.

No offense intended Mr. Parcells, but you got outcoached by Dan Reeves.

Our defense came out like gangbusters.....the second half was a different story. Is the habit of losing instilled in some of these guys? Is it time to clean house and get guys in here that don't expect a losing season? There were many positives in the defensive effort today, but few were found in the second half. When your offense cannot move, your defense pays the price of playing long minutes. It happened to the Cowboys D today.

How long has it been since you watched a Cowboys special teams unit play a complete game without a penalty? It happened today. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DB’s were great ! Lynn Scott even made an all-star quality defensive play. If people underestimate this guy, he might knock their head into the middle of next week. The guy can make contact and appears to enjoy it greatly.

Dexter Coakley. What were you thinking on that Warrick Dunn touchdown?

Tex Schramm missed his first Cowboys game ever. We will miss Tex. Rest in Peace.

I am use to seeing Bill Parcells coached teams field quality special teams units. Today, the cowboys had ZERO punt return yards. Not so impressive until you consider that the Falcons punter averaged over 5 seconds of hang time. That is just sick. How could you return punts with that kind of hang? The other special teams units were ok even if unspectacular.

When Bill Parcells came to Dallas he made the comment that the easiest way to improve a bad team was by improving the special teams. Have we done that?

Billy “Can’t Kick” Cundiff. Wide right. Blocked PAT. Is there a junior high kicker available on the waiver wire? Credit aexchange for coining the moniker….Billy Cundwhiff. LOL!

Quincy Carter sucked hard today. What does crow taste like again?

This has nothing to do with the game, but on Atlantas last touchdown, did you happen to catch the PAT? There was Rowdy, the cowboys mascot, making us all proud by presenting his backside and digging in his butt during the kick like he was digging for gold. Sheesh…not even Rowdy is in gameday form.

The defense wore down. When the offense goes three and out you just get tired.

I love the potential of our DB's.

Some select Grades:

Joey Galloway - A+
What else could I give him? The guy was great today.
7 catches for 139 yards, a 19.9 yards per catch average and a touchdown. He should have had another touchdown but for a stupid penalty.

Aveion Cason - A-
Great effort today.
2 carries for 77 yards and a touchdown
2 receptions for 29 yards
2 kickoff returns for 30 yards

Andrew Gurode - B+
Would have been an A if not for a stupid drive busting facemask penalty.

Troy Hambrick - B-
14 carries for 58 yards and a 3.8 yards per carry average.
3 receptions for 16 yards.....no touchdowns
One helluva nice backside block

Qspare - D-
Made some nice passes, but his mental softness just does not allow for a better grade. Stupid ass fumble to set the tone on the first drive of the second half and the overthrows, underthrows, behind the route throws, etc cannot be overcome wiht a couple of nice throws.
15 0f 32 for 268 yards and a 8.38 yards per catch average. UGLY. A fumble, an interception and only one touchdown.
4 rushes for 11 yards? I thought this guy was supposed to be a scrambling type QB. I know he is, but he needs to realize that he can run and not throw the pass. He had at least 3 opportunities in the fourth to gain major yards by running and forced up stupid and extrtemely bad passes. He MUST get better.

OK...I've thrown out a few of my thoguhts....jump on in. We are i nfor a damn long season and it might be a bad year to be a Cowboys fan.

Ugh. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the shots doc.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:12 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Thanks for the shots doc.
Warming up for the season.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 07:41 PM   #4
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

lol
Old 09-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Wow Qsparefan....what an incredibly insightful contribution to the thread......
Old 09-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I will give you your props Doc. I thought the Qspare or Qsucks nicknames would bore you but you seem to have kept hope alive.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Doc's shots is greatness.

It's going to be a long, long, long, long year for the Cowboys.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:25 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

You know FFM...I don't hate Carter. I just don't think he is a good quarterback and plenty of people came out here and praised him as a savior and the greatest thing since Joe Montana. That is why I use the Qspare references more than anything. It's not his fault that Jerry Jones is an idiot. if we had taken Qspare in the sixth or seventh round where he belonged, I would be a lot mroe patient with him. But that isn't his fault. Jerry Jones can suck the big one for forcing Qspare down our throats. He is a great athlete and I have never said otherwise, but he is not the answer to the Cowboys QB question. We must find a new quarterback. He just doesn't show the promise to continue to keep him as the starter long term (none of our QB's do). I really wish he could be converted to a DB due to his athleticism. And I really wish we had a Brunell type guy to take his spot as the #1 quarterback. Had we let Qspare spend a couple of years on the sidelines learning the QB position, he might have bloomed there, but I doubt he can at this point. For the sake of this season, I hope I am wrong.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:35 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
You know FFM...I don't hate Carter. I just don't think he is a good quarterback and plenty of people came out here and praised him as a savior and the greatest thing since Joe Montana. That is why I use the Qspare references more than anything. It's not his fault that Jerry Jones is an idiot. if we had taken Qspare in the sixth or seventh round where he belonged, I would be a lot mroe patient with him. But that isn't his fault. Jerry Jones can suck the big one for forcing Qspare down our throats. He is a great athlete and I have never said otherwise, but he is not the answer to the Cowboys QB question. We must find a new quarterback. He just doesn't show the promise to continue to keep him as the starter long term (none of our QB's do). I really wish he could be converted to a DB due to his athleticism. And I really wish we had a Brunell type guy to take his spot as the #1 quarterback. Had we let Qspare spend a couple of years on the sidelines learning the QB position, he might have bloomed there, but I doubt he can at this point. For the sake of this season, I hope I am wrong.

Wow. I didn't think you had a positive Quincy post in you lol. I don't think you hate him I just think you expect to much out of a guy who is in his 16th start as qb. Isn't Doug Johnson a 3 year pro like Quincy? He didn't look that much better than Quincy did today. I just think it takes time for a qb to develop. I don't think Quincy is the answer to our qb needs but I think he can be a solid or atleast average qb in this league if given the opprotunity. Is that in a Cowboys uni? Not sure. He has 16 games to show us what he has. THe only way I see him coming back here next season is if he goes to a 8-8 record or up. Thats a high standard but I just don't see the Cowboys sticking with him another season if he doesn't show us a winning record. Its not fair to him but its the truth IMO.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:35 PM   #10
QCarFan
Golden Member

Sorry, I didn't get on my knees and bow down to you for your post. I just found it funny, that's all. No more no less pal
Old 09-07-2003, 08:38 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Fair enough FFM.....

Qsparefan - you should just go ahead and recognize the greatness and get it over with. Is it too much to ask for you to actually comment rather than offer up non-productive LOL's?
Old 09-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the shots, Doc. Keep them coming.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:37 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good take Doc. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:00 PM   #14
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I agree with everything you said Doc about the game, but I was pissed off that the announcers really didn't mention much about the time when Joey Galloway did a little fake at the line and blew by Ray Buchanan. They had no DB's behind Ray and all Quincy had to do was just lob it over Rays head for an easy 80 yard touchdown. I understand it was a half way blitz, but instead of going for the touchdown, Quincy throws a bullet to Hambrick for a 3 yard pass. Quincy has to start seeing these defensive breakdowns and capalize on it.

Don't even get me started on the whole Dan Campbell incident, or the WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU THROW THAT INTERCEPTION pass. Parcell is about to be in Quincy's earhole for the next 72 hours making damn sure Quincy doesn't do it again.

Hey Rhylan when you get done playing your summer ball with the Mavs, can you go be the Cowboys QB? Shouldn't be that hard to remember plays as the system was built around Quincy and we all know he isn't the smartest guy in the world. I figure if you start Saturday afternoon learning the plays, you should be ready to go Sunday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #15
QCarFan
Golden Member

Just be happy the other guy wasn't in there.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

He couldn't have done much worse. They both suck.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:12 PM   #17
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Excellent takes Doc.

I thought I was the only one to notice Rowdy (that stupid puke) digging at his butt. Really I wasn't looking at his azz, but it was right out there for all to see. Damn.

QCard sucked it up bad today. Some of his throws were good and when he gets on a roll, he looks like he can be effective. But, damn, when things are a little off and a play gets busted, this guy hits the panic button and the worst things happen. His decision making was pretty pathetic today and it cost us a very winnable game. You just cant do this in the NFL. At home of all things. You gotta have these wins or you end up 5-11 every year. Damn Quincy - your killing us. Now whatta we do?

THam was OK. Nothing special. He just doesn't seem to break off a long run. He doesn't seem very explosive through the holes. But I'll give him a little props today. Cason was golden today and even made some nice blocks. Richie Anderson did not impress me today. Even made a stuped penalty with an obvious hold that brought back a nice gain.

I have a hard time being objective with Galloway (2 #1's and injuries) but today he was greatness. Stepped up and led the team.

We gotta have Larry Allen at 100%. We are so, so much better with Larry. It is like night and day when he is in the game. Dude used to be a freaking stud, but now only shows flashes of his one time greatness. We need all you got Larry. His health will make or break this offense.

Overall, Falcons made the right half-time adjustments and Dallas didn't. Bill got outcoached. Once again stupid penalties and mistakes were to much to overcome. It cost us a game we should have won at home against a depleted team.

Same as it ever was.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #18
QCarFan
Golden Member

LOL, you must have not ever seen the other guy play? Oh wait, that was your guy right? Didnt you say he was better at one point? Oh, no it couldn't have been you since you are never wrong, according to you anyway. I am not the only person who have called you on it either, so that should tell you something.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Qtardfan- can you not admit that Qspare sucks balls? He's awful. I freely admit and have for a long time now that he won the starters role because he earned it, but good grief...the guy is awful. Come on now...go ahead and admit it and get it out of the way. I know you realize it. It's ok....get it out now.....
Old 09-07-2003, 10:25 PM   #20
QCarFan
Golden Member

I will follow Parcells advice on this, don't judge him or this team on one game, especially when he didnt play nearly as poorly as you make it out to be.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

I didn't think you could do it.

The guy is bad. period.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:51 PM   #22
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
I will follow Parcells advice on this, don't judge him or this team on one game, especially when he didnt play nearly as poorly as you make it out to be.
THIS is what bothered me so much about the Carter supporters last year. "don't judge him on one game" is CRAP. He is inconsistent play personified. He does not have many games where you can say "let's build on that". Its always two steps forward and two steps back.

And Carter played VERY poorly in the 2nd half.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

The Cowboys forum at dallasnews.com is full of posts calling for Qcrappys head.

Neil O'Donnell anyone?
Old 09-07-2003, 10:58 PM   #24
QCarFan
Golden Member

Whatever you say
Old 09-07-2003, 11:00 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Whatever you say

Excellent. Quincy Carter sucks balls. We all agree now.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:02 PM   #26
QCarFan
Golden Member

Yes, dont judge him on one game. This is a new system, new coaches, etc etc. Last year is in the past, and I think we can all agree how poorly the system was last season. Let's judge him on his season, not this one game. This one game will not make or break his career, this season may. RIGHT OR WRONG?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

You should really try to comprehend what basically everyone but you have been saying. Qcrappy has the starting job and should all year (if we don't add a veteran guy somehow). He beat out a bad quarterback for the job. Unfortunately he is only slightly less sucky than the guy he beat out. This one game didn't define his career. ALL of his sucky games will. He is not the QB of the future for Dallas or any other NFL team...probably not even any other CFL team. Let him play the season....we could use the #1 draft pick and he very much ensures we can obtain that pick.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:08 PM   #28
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Yes, dont judge him on one game. This is a new system, new coaches, etc etc. Last year is in the past, and I think we can all agree how poorly the system was last season. Let's judge him on his season, not this one game. This one game will not make or break his career, this season may. RIGHT OR WRONG?
Please quit making excuses for Carter. You were prepared to sing his praises if he played well so you should suck it up and eat crow since he played bad.

Please. For your credibility's sake.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:16 PM   #29
QCarFan
Golden Member

Those aren't excuses, they are facts. Some may want to learn the difference between the two.

New coachiching staff-FACT
New players-FACT
New system-FACT
New YEAR-FACT

Not many would argue that the system was pretty bad last season.

And let's not start the crow deal, drbio asked if I would not bring it up. And I respected that, and have not brought it back up. I could easily go dig up some old posts on the topic, but I don't think that would be really necessary.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:20 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

I don't recall asking you not to stop the eating crow stuff, only that you eat it when Qspare plays horribly likehe did today. Had Qcrappy played a great day today, we would have given him props in between your posts of "where are the guys who need to eat crow" garbage. I'm sure we all can agree on that.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:24 PM   #31
QCarFan
Golden Member

and another thing, if and when I am wrong about him i will man up and admit it and eat all the crow that I should. I am man enough to admit he was wrong, I said he would have a good season and the Cowboys as a team would go 10-6. As soon as I am wrong, I will admit it guys. Its no problem
Old 09-07-2003, 11:27 PM   #32
QCarFan
Golden Member

So, I should have to eat crow every time he has a bad game?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:33 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Yes. But only because you pull out the eat the crow crap every time he has a good play.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:37 PM   #34
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Only if you try to rub it in people's face when Carter has a GOOD game.

Its pretty easy. Just be cool and be a Cowboy fan. Folks are going to rag on the quarterback when the team loses - that's life in football at ANY level.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:40 PM   #35
QCarFan
Golden Member

OK, well you have alot of crow to eat judging from past threads on the subject drbio. I will eat mine, as soon as I see you man up and eat yours. How's that?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
OK, well you have alot of crow to eat judging from past threads on the subject drbio. I will eat mine, as soon as I see you man up and eat yours. How's that?
All you have to do is show me where I need to "eat crow". I seriosuly don't think you can do it. I've explained my stance quite well again tonight and you ignore that fact trhat all of my prior posts all the way back to the day Qspare was drafted ahve been consistent with my statment again tonight. It's just that you are so in love with Qtard that you can't see past anyone else's criticism. I am the most vocal about Qshitty spo you focus in on me, but I have yet to waver on my posts or feelings about Qstanky.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:52 PM   #37
QCarFan
Golden Member

I had stopped with the crow business until drbio brought it up again. I am willing to forget about the whole crow business, but if one has to eat it, we all should if we are wrong. But its up to you guys, not much I can do but stop on my end and be a Cowboys fan as you say. And also support the guy I support, which is Quincy Carter. I thought I made it clear he has to play better, and everything as far as players go starts with the starting QB. I wouldnt come around and definitely not have anything to say if I didn't still believe in the guy. I think he will get it straightened out, some don't. I just dont think we can determine that after one bad game, thats all.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:57 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

That was better. It's not just one game though. Granted, it's one game this year, but his history does not support being hopeful for a turnaround. Maybe the combination of Bill Parcells and a new scheme will help. Maybe he will suck harder. Noone knows.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #39
QCarFan
Golden Member

Well, Parcells didnt judge him on his history so I am not. Parcells is the best guy he is been under since coming into the league, I will see what he can do with him. I will judge him after the season, I only ask everyone do the same. Give him a chance under a real coach and staff, then judge him. It's on him now, that's for sure. I believe, if he gets the necessary help he will do pretty damn good.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 AM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Well, Parcells didnt judge him on his history so I am not. Parcells is the best guy he is been under since coming into the league, I will see what he can do with him. I will judge him after the season, I only ask everyone do the same. Give him a chance under a real coach and staff, then judge him. It's on him now, that's for sure. I believe, if he gets the necessary help he will do pretty damn good.
You know...that was a decent post. Had you done that when you started here instead of bolding predicting the rise of Qtard and telling others to eat crow when Qspare completed a wobbly pass, noone would have argued. Of that I am sure. But even then, Qspares stats and results are what people here will judge him on. So far, that hasn't been very good.