Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Brunell Trade revisited

Did anyone catch the game Brunell had today? I don't see why the cowboys don't go after this guy with all they got. If the Jags wanna really play Leftwich, the Cowboys should go after this guy, he's still got at least 4 good years left in him, and would get you alot more stability at the Quarterback spot than carter or suckinson . Adding him would help the Cowboys draft a rookie QB and mold him for the future while the Cowboys win games with Brunell.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:06 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I was originally cool to the idea, but good grief...after Qshittys play today why not? Since we are in rebuilding mode, I objected only because of dollars. BUT, we need a veteran in here. Bury one of the suckhard twin QB's on the bench, cut the other and keep Romo third to develop.

Let's get him in here on the first plane out of Jacksonville.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:28 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Let Brunell stay right were he is at. There is a reason why they drafted Leftwich. Besides Brunell is a free agent next season. Why would you trade for him when you can get him next season? Its not like the Cowboys need a qb right now to go to the playoffs. Brunell can't even survive under this o-line.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

The only reason I wouldn't pull the trigger on a Brunell for a third round pick (the rumor) is to keep Qcrappy as the QB to ensure a top 5 draft pick.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

The only way I give up a 3rd rounder for Brunell is if they take on Hutch's contract. Otherwise I don't even give them a 4th rounder. 5th rounder for sure but you know what this guy is a free agent next season. IMO it just doesn't make sense to trade a pick of youth to get a 30 year old qb who is on the decline and will be a free agent next season.

1996-2005
Old 09-07-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

That's why I originally didn't want to make the trade and after thinking about it will probably not want to do it again. In theory we could pick up a decent QB (Brunell or otherwise) as a FA next year and still get the #1-3 pick by being crappy this year.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I don't know how people can say that having a stable qb wouldn't take this team to the playoffs. How can you qualify their were several instances on sunday where 20 qbs would have won the game. Quincy or any able arm qb would have put 28 in the endzone on sunday.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:02 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
I don't know how people can say that having a stable qb wouldn't take this team to the playoffs. How can you qualify their were several instances on sunday where 20 qbs would have won the game. Quincy or any able arm qb would have put 28 in the endzone on sunday.

The problem is that Qspare is not an able quarterback.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:53 PM   #9
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

the Cowboys have an excellent defense, and everyone knows our main problem is at QB and HB. I think Hambrick has improved dramatically, but Q-Car is....well, Q-Car. This Brunell trade would help us a lot. The question is, would The Jaguars go for it?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:01 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
the Cowboys have an excellent defense, and everyone knows our main problem is at QB and HB. I think Hambrick has improved dramatically, but Q-Car is....well, Q-Car. This Brunell trade would help us a lot. The question is, would The Jaguars go for it?

Ummm no. This D is far from excellent. They have no pass rush. They have 2 potential pro bowlers maybe 3 but 2 of those both play safety. None our linebackers or defensive ends. You get a pass rush in here and you go from a good defense to a great one. The Cornerback position is also a need which will get better with our young cbs. Our D is the one who gave up 27 points to a Vickless Falcons.

1996-2005
Old 09-10-2003, 11:32 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
If the Boys were contending for a Superbowl 4 or 5 or the defensive starters would have to be replaced. At least 2 linemen, 2 linebackers, and probably another corner. They are far from an excellent defense.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote