Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #1161
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Exactly. And some of these guys have wives and kids. For DeAndre Jordan not to suffer ANY consequences is like league sanctioned inequality--according to pay grade. Heck, this may be JJ's last payday.
But once again, what can the NBA do when the NBA did not force the Mavs to pursue Jordan?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #1162
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Jeff Caplan ‏@Jeff_Caplan 1h1 hour ago
Jeff Caplan retweeted Melissa Rohlin
So DAJ's "date" was with Blake..

So I guess they can get married now?

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-10-2015 at 04:35 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #1163
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Jeff Caplan ‏@Jeff_Caplan 1h1 hour ago
Jeff Caplan retweeted Melissa Rohlin
So DAJ's "date" was with Blake..

So I guess they can get married now?
He truly is a coward. Like honestly i'm usually not the type to judge these guys personal lives but the more I read about it the more of a coward he looks. I was upset about not getting him but now i'm not sure if it wasn't for the best. I don't want a guy like that being the focal point of my team.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #1164
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I actually agree with you. But when I say blame I mean the Mavs have themselves as well to thank for this. They had to convince a top 5 big man to leave a playoff contender who could offer him more money. Mavs should've accounted for him not possibly coming to them. Now granted, how he did it was worse than him simply declining us. It was the worst way possible. But it was always a possibility even if no one wanted to see that.
There's a *possibility* that a meteorite crushes your skull the second you walk out your front door -- what are you doing to prevent it whenever you walk outside?

This has happened twice out of the last however-many-of-thousands FA signings in the last several decades, and you keep acting like it was something the Mavs should've seen coming....

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #1165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But once again, what can the NBA do when the NBA did not force the Mavs to pursue Jordan?
Is this a bit, or are you actually this dense?

Old 07-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #1166
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
But when I say blame I mean the Mavs have themselves as well to thank for this. They had to convince a top 5 big man to leave a playoff contender who could offer him more money.
Again, give me step-by-step on what the Mavs SHOULD have done. I'll start and you finish ....

1) Meet with DJ (Wed, July 1st)
2) Meet with Matthews (Wed, July 1st)
3) Matthews agrees to terms to sign with Dallas (Fri, July 3rd)
4) DJ agrees to terms to sign with Dallas (Fri, July 3rd)
5) ?
6) DJ signs with the Clippers (Thu, July 8th)

I'm seriously not being a smart-ass. What in your opinion should they have done starting with step 5?

edit: dates are extremely important also

Last edited by MavzMan; 07-10-2015 at 04:52 PM.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #1167
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There's a *possibility* that a meteorite crushes your skull the second you walk out your front door -- what are you doing to prevent it whenever you walk outside?

This has happened twice out of the last however-many-of-thousands FA signings in the last several decades, and you keep acting like it was something the Mavs should've seen coming....
No I won't say they should've saw it coming but they should've approached Jordan and free agency differently than they did.

They approached him with a all or nothing type of approach. If we get him we continue to build a contender. If we miss out we start to rebuild. That type of approach for a guy to leave a contender is silly IMO. IT should come at the shock of no one that he didn't come here. Shocking how it went down yes.

So yeah IMO, they should've saw him not coming here coming. Not how it went down.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #1168
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No I won't say they should've saw it coming but they should've approached Jordan and free agency differently than they did.

They approached him with a all or nothing type of approach. If we get him we continue to build a contender. If we miss out we start to rebuild. That type of approach for a guy to leave a contender is silly IMO. IT should come at the shock of no one that he didn't come here. Shocking how it went down yes.

So yeah IMO, they should've saw him not coming here coming. Not how it went down.
This is an erroneous perception. It's not that they apporached him with "all or nothing." He was only the first option, and yes, the Mavs DID have other options. The moment he committed, those other options disappeared.

There was absolutely NOTHING the Mavs could have done differently in this scenario, other than to just not make him an offer in the first place- which if the Mavs had known the real nature of his character, they probably would not have done.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #1169
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Again, give me step-by-step on what the Mavs SHOULD have done. I'll start and you finish ....

1) Meet with DJ
2) Meet with Matthews
3) Matthews agrees to terms to sign with Dallas
4) DJ agrees to terms to sign with Dallas
5) ?

I'm seriously not being a smart-ass. What in your opinion should they have done starting with step 5?
There is nothing they could've done at step 5. But they could've omitted step 1 altogether. Jordan should've never been approached when you already had a solid center in Chandler. Jordan was never leaving the Clippers. They were a better team and they are constructed far better than we currently are.

Now if there was a way to go after Jordan and keep Chandler i'd be for that. But there were too many question marks about Deandre Jordan.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #1170
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
This is an erroneous perception. It's not that they apporached him with "all or nothing." He was only the first option, and yes, the Mavs DID have other options. The moment he committed, those other options disappeared.

There was absolutely NOTHING the Mavs could have done differently in this scenario, other than to just not make him an offer in the first place- which if the Mavs had known the real nature of his character, they probably would not have done.
Then there is something they could've done then right? They could've not made him an offer at all. You had Chandler already. Unless you guys don't value you Chandler that much.

I understand why they went for Jordan. But no one here should be shocked that Jordan didn't come here. The only shocking thing was how it went down.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #1171
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Is this a bit, or are you actually this dense?
If you believe its a "dense" statement than yes I am dense.

I guess I just took a different approach to this free agency. I never once thought Jordan was coming here because he played for a better team who could offer him more money. It was just like a few years ago when we went after Deron. I didn't understand why he would leave the Nets to make less money and come to Dallas and play in a much more competitive Western Conference.

So no this isn't a bit.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #1172
Underdog

Quote:
There is nothing they could've done at step 5. But they could've omitted step 1 altogether. Jordan should've never been approached when you already had a solid center in Chandler. Jordan was never leaving the Clippers. They were a better team and they are constructed far better than we currently are.

Now if there was a way to go after Jordan and keep Chandler i'd be for that. But there were too many question marks about Deandre Jordan.
So....

A) be psychic

or

B) aim low in life, it's easier

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #1173
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
So....

A) be psychic

or

B) aim low in life, it's easier
I fail to see how any of these relate? It didn't take a psychic to realize that the Clippers were the best fit for the Jordan. They could give him more money(Which ended up being moot but i'm speaking prior to him agreeing to come to the Mavs), the Clippers have one of the better point guards in the league which is needed for the offensively challenged Jordan, the Clippers are more ready to contend now, have a better team.

And aim low in life? Passing up on Deandre Jordan isn't exactly aiming low especially in favor for Chandler. He's Deandre Jordan not Michael Jordan. He's closer to Ben Wallace than he is Shaquille O'Neal. It wasn't exactly aiming high to begin with especially with his IQ.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #1174
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then there is something they could've done then right? They could've not made him an offer at all. You had Chandler already. Unless you guys don't value you Chandler that much.

I understand why they went for Jordan. But no one here should be shocked that Jordan didn't come here. The only shocking thing was how it went down.
Not one single part of your argument makes any sense. I'm done having this discussion with you. Good day, sir.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #1175
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not one single part of your argument makes any sense. I'm done having this discussion with you. Good day, sir.
It doesn't make sense that they could've passed on Jordan and went with a cheaper solution?
Old 07-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #1176
Underdog

Quote:
It doesn't make sense that they could've passed on Jordan and went with a cheaper solution?
Paying Chandler $52m until he's 36 is a bad move for a team searching for Life After Dirk.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #1177
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Paying Chandler $52m until he's 36 is a bad move for a team searching for Life After Dirk.
Ehh.....I mean I understand that but are we really thinking about life after Dirk right now? We're probably thinking about 2 or 3 years of Dirk and at that point I don't think a 35 or 36 year old Chandler is that bad of a player especially with the center play in this league.

I just feel like if we are thinking about life after Dirk then we probably should've thought twice about Deron, Matthews and Pachula.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #1178
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By your logic the mavs should never ever pursue any free agent that isn't holding a bilboard over his head declaring he is going to Dallas. They should always just resign their own and hope for the best.

If we followed your logic we are going into next season with a 15m a year Ellis since he wants parsons money because who knows if wes matthews wants to be here. We better resign JJ and not pursure any free agent pg because we may lose JJ in the process. We could also keep Aminu at 7.5m per year to come off the bench. We are also way over the cap resigning Ellis and TC and Aminu to long term deals.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #1179
Underdog

Quote:
I just feel like if we are thinking about life after Dirk then we probably should've thought twice about Deron, Matthews and Pachula.
Matthews is young & talented, plus he signed before Jordan ditched us -- he was absolutely a "Life After Dirk" move.

Deron and Pachouli signed after Jordan ditched us -- they were absolutely a "what the hell do we do with all this cap money?" move.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #1180
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
By your logic the mavs should never ever pursue any free agent that isn't holding a bilboard over his head declaring he is going to Dallas. They should always just resign their own and hope for the best.

If we followed your logic we are going into next season with a 15m a year Ellis since he wants parsons money because who knows if wes matthews wants to be here. We better resign JJ and not pursure any free agent pg because we may lose JJ in the process. We could also keep Aminu at 7.5m per year to come off the bench. We are also way over the cap resigning Ellis and TC and Aminu to long term deals.
Even THAT wouldn't be enough. That still would be essentially no different than what happened with Jordan, because it isn't legally binding.

I guess we should just never sign free agents then. Or like MavzMan said earlier, just make a max offer to every single free agent on the market, and then when the clock strikes 12:01, just pick the ones we actually want to sign, and disregard our commitments to all the others. Because you know, verbal commitments are meaningless.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-10-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #1181
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:

For the first part of your argument, see below. For the last part, it's ridiculous to think we would sign Chandler to $13 mill and Jordan to even another $13 mill. Why would Jordan even think about coming here to play with Chandler???

Quote:
I fail to see how any of these relate? It didn't take a psychic to realize that the Clippers were the best fit for the Jordan. They could give him more money(Which ended up being moot but i'm speaking prior to him agreeing to come to the Mavs), the Clippers have one of the better point guards in the league which is needed for the offensively challenged Jordan, the Clippers are more ready to contend now, have a better team.
All of this correct, except as we were told by Jordan himself ...

1) He got tired of being 4th or 5th option at best in the offense
2) Had a very bad relationship with CP3 and even being "frozen out of the offense"
3) Wanted a bigger role in the offense
4) Is from Texas and wanted to "come home"
5) Wanted to build a team around a core that included him
6) Had a developing friendship with Chandler Parsons that also wanted him

THESE are the reasons why we thought he was coming here and why we allowed Tyson to walk. If he had said, "I'm really leaning towards staying in LA", I *guarantee* that Cuban would have given Tyson that contract he got from Phoenix and maybe even more on fewer years.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #1182
MavzMan
Golden Member

For all the people that are saying we shouldn't have gone after Jordan, think about what the Spurs just did who everyone keeps raving how awesome of a franchise they are (legitimately I also believe).

They traded away a very solid center, Tiago Splitter, for a 2nd round draft pick in order to make a run at LaMarcus Aldridge with the information being that LMA had them as a top choice in destination. The Spurs did this prior to LMA verbally committing or actually signing.

That's how free agency works. If you are being told something, you believe it. Mavs believed what Jordan was saying. We cannot start assuming that everyone is lying to us and make a contingency for that. Even his own agent was duped, that's how bad this got.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #1183
Underdog

‏@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban on @BenandSkin: "There's less than a 1% chance" that he'll pursue legal action regarding DeAndre Jordan's reversal

‏@itsnatewood: @mcuban just shut down all talk of DeAndre Jordan's switch to the Clippers. "Dez caught it too, but it doesn't matter...it's over"

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #1184
MavzMan
Golden Member

Makes sense because legally there is no action. Ethically, he can call him all kinds of names ... which I'm betting he did sitting in his hotel room. But I cannot confirm that because I was not there nor do I have a "reliable source" like Mr Broussard.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #1185
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban's full answer to @BenRogers question on a potential lawsuit regarding DeAndre Jordan's reversal:

Old 07-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #1186
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Makes sense because legally there is no action. Ethically, he can call him all kinds of names ... which I'm betting he did sitting in his hotel room. But I cannot confirm that because I was not there nor do I have a "reliable source" like Mr Broussard.
Ah, but I'd love to see the Clippers' phone logs and text messages through discovery.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 07-10-2015 at 06:34 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #1187
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban's full answer to @BenRogers question on a potential lawsuit regarding DeAndre Jordan's reversal:

Geez, I hope not, just lawyers wanting a free penny. Does not bode well if Cuban does decide to sue, would players even want to be recruited by the Mavs after a lawsuit like this.....no, why bother.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #1188
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Cuban won't sue. I doubt he even can. The Mavs have no legal recourse. I mean, I guess he could always sue them for inflicting emotional distress.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #1189
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Cuban won't sue. I doubt he even can. The Mavs have no legal recourse. I mean, I guess he could always sue them for inflicting emotional distress.
Yeah, I'm not sure what he would sue for. He doesn't need money. He can't undo DJ's deal to the Clippers. He can't sue to make DJ come back to Dallas because nothing was signed. Even if he did, what incentive would DJ have to play for us and what incentive would a Mavs fan have to forgive him and root for him?
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #1190
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what he would sue for. He doesn't need money. He can't undo DJ's deal to the Clippers. He can't sue to make DJ come back to Dallas because nothing was signed. Even if he did, what incentive would DJ have to play for us and what incentive would a Mavs fan have to forgive him and root for him?

Maybe the principle is important to him. 3rd party interference with a contract (INCLUDING A PROSPECTIVE CONTRACT) is ILLEGAL. It is a tort. Now, if discovery reveals malicious intent on behalf of the Clippers (beyond their mere business interest in having DJ on their team) there is definitely a case.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #1191
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Maybe the principle is important to him. 3rd party interference with a contract (INCLUDING A PROSPECTIVE CONTRACT) is ILLEGAL. It is a tort. Now, if discovery reveals malicious intent on behalf of the Clippers (beyond their mere business interest in having DJ on their team) there is definitely a case.
Yeah, but is it a case worth taking to court? Does it fix the problem, or does it just make enemies? Divisiveness can be dangerous in business.

Probably better to take the perceived high road, especially since public opinion doesn't really favor him... He had a lot more support after the 2006 Finals than he does now, especially with the media spinning this thing.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #1192
TWD

TWD is on a distinguished road

DeAndre apologizes
TWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #1193
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but is it a case worth taking to court? Does it fix the problem, or does it just make enemies? Divisiveness can be dangerous in business.

Probably better to take the perceived high road, especially since public opinion doesn't really favor him... He had a lot more support after the 2006 Finals than he does now, especially with the media spinning this thing.

Nope you're right. It's probably best to let this be.

For me, the hardest part about this is watching the media and others in the Clippers organization say that DJ did nothing wrong and didn't owe a Cuban a call. Have we really gotten to the point in society where grown ass men make excuses for one another? It's disheartening. Seriously fuck all of them. Alright. I think I'm done.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #1194
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

DeAndre apologizes

"sorry"

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #1195
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: DeAndre Jordan has apologized to Mark Cuban on Twitter but still has not talked or texted with the Mavs owner since Tuesday night.

@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban told me that he did receive a call from Jordan's mother, Kimberly. Cuban declined to elaborate on that conversation.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #1196
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

DeAndre apologizes
Man, fuck this POS.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #1197
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban told me that he did receive a call from Jordan's mother, Kimberly. Cuban declined to elaborate on that conversation.
BAAAAHAHAHAHA! His mom is calling to apologize for him. This has really reached a comical low for Deandre.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #1198
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

DeAndre apologizes
jesus what a bitch. Hide behind the public to issue your apology. Bottom bitch for life.

And the media will run with this and tie it all neatly with a bow because he's "apologized". Fuck that whole organization
Old 07-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #1199
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
BAAAAHAHAHAHA! His mom is calling to apologize for him. This has really reached a comical low for Deandre.
What 26 year old needs their mommy to apologize for them?? Man the F up, you little bitch.

They need to bring dodgeball back to public schools... These damn kids.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #1200
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Quote:

DeAndre apologizes
Yea DJ you can shove your "apology" up your ass. What a coward. You even allowed your douchebag friend to mock the Mavericks franchise and it's fans. Tear an ACL chump.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power bottom, still a bottom btch