Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-22-2003, 10:11 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default A New Family Guy Movie?

A New Family Guy Movie?

September 03, 2003
Cinescape Online is reporting that Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane is close to wrapping up a deal that would allow him to create a feature length direct-to-video Family Guy saga featuring Quahog's most dysfunctional family. McFarlane told Cinescape that it would probably take "a year, a year-and-a-half" before a new Family Guy feature would be available on DVD.

The impetus behind the revival of a series that Fox cancelled is the tremendous success of the Family Guy series on DVD. The first season Family Guy DVD collection sold some 400,000 units in its first two weeks of release -- a performance more typical of a long running hit like Friends rather than a short-lived series like the Family Guy. But it's not just on DVD that the Family Guy series has demonstrated its newfound popularity -- as part of the Adult Swim Block on the Cartoon Network, reruns of the Family Guy have regularly trounced Leno and Letterman (see "Cartoon Network Ratings Strong").

If, as appears likely, the Family Guy returns in a direct-to-video feature, it may create a paradigm that other cancelled series can follow. Futurama, which was also cancelled by Fox, has been doing very well on the Adult Swim block, and the Futurama full season DVD collections have performed brilliantly in a crowded DVD market. Given the growing popularity of DVD collections (and the high profit margins involved), we could be in for a new wave of OVAs -- original video animated films, which could bypass the exorbitant costs of marketing theatrical films by reaching consumers directly via DVD. It is a system which has created hundreds of classic anime films (Bubblegum Crisis) in Japan and which has been used very profitably by the Disney studio, which created OVA sequels for many of its popular animated features including the Lion King, Jungle Book, and most recently, Lilo & Stitch. Look for this trend to intensify as home video becomes an increasingly important revenue source for Hollywood.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2003, 10:48 AM   #2
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I wasn't happy when they dropped Family Guy.

I hope Fox feels stupid for dropping Family Guy and Futurama.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:02 AM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A New Family Guy Movie?

You can catch them back to back on the cartoon network at 10 central
Old 09-22-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Family Guy is genious. I would love to see a feature.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The show is freaking hilarious.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:37 PM   #6
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

They should just re-air the show, along with Futurama may I add.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:49 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
They should just re-air the show, along with Futurama may I add.
Once again, they both air Monday through Thursday on The Cartoon Network. I'm watching Futurama right now.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:05 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
You can catch them back to back on the cartoon network at 10 central
But I've seen them all. I would like new episodes.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 12:12 AM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Default RE: A New Family Guy Movie?

I would too. There are'nt a whole lot of Family Guy's. Still, I watch them every night and they're still funny. Like old Seinfield episodes.