Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feuding Nowitzki, Wade ignore one another

By ART GARCIA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/ba...s/16732507.htm

LAS VEGAS -- Potentially the tensest moment of Sunday's All-Star Game never materialized.

Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade didn't greet one another as the Western and Eastern Conference starters met at Thomas & Mack Center midcourt circle just before the opening tip.

Each bumped fists and man-hugged with just about every starter out there. Somehow, Nowitzki and Wade missed sharing pleasantries.

Surprised?

Wade criticized Nowitzki's leadership skills, saying, "The reason they [the Mavericks] lost the [NBA] championship [is] because he [Nowitzki] wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

The two franchise cornerstones hadn't communicated with each other since, including the first two days of All-Star weekend despite being in the same room on several occasions.

"I don't have nothing against Dirk," Wade said. "Dirk don't have nothing against me. He said something about my team. I said something to back my team. It wasn't personal."

That's a matter for debate. Questioning someone's leadership skills is about as personal as it gets and Nowitzki privately took offense. Not one to forget it, Nowitzki has taken the high road publicly.

"To me, it's over now," he said before the West's 153-132 victory. "There's really nothing to talk about. We both did our talking and I think we're past that now.

"I haven't spoken to him. I haven't seen him. If he were to come up to me, I'd be more than willing to say something about it. But if not, I don't worry about it."

Maybe that chat comes Thursday when the Heat make their only American Airlines Center visit of the regular season.

The Mavs won 99-93 at Miami last month.

Nowitzki's no-brainer

West coach Mike D'Antoni didn't choose Dirk Nowitzki an All-Star starter to earn any brownie points with Mavericks fans.

Not having Steve Nash available made the choice academic.

"I don't mind upsetting anybody in Dallas," said D'Antoni, also the Suns' coach. "I just picked [Nowitzki] because he's playing better than anybody. There could have been a problem if Steve could have played. I probably would have upset some people in Dallas then."

Though his support for Nash is unwavering, D'Antoni said Nowitzki is the MVP favorite over the two-time winner.

"His team is the best right now," D'Antoni said. "You can definitely make that argument, but we'll have to wait until the year is out and see what team ends up best."

The NBA-leading Mavs (44-9) come out of the break leading Phoenix (39-13) by 4 1/2 games. D'Antoni said he isn't sure the Mavs can be caught, especially because they've won 30 of their past 32 games.

"If they would cooperate every once in a while and lose, but they don't lose," he said. "We're not going to catch them if they don't lose. We have to keep Steve healthy, get Kurt Thomas back. And if we catch them, we catch them. If we don't, we'll meet them later."
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

hyperbole
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Swoosh!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I threw up in my mouth a little bit when Steve Kerr said something on the broadcast to the effect of, "Wade sort of put the feud to rest the other day..."

Put the feud to rest? You mean the one he created out of thin air?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
"I don't have nothing against Dirk," Wade said. "Dirk don't have nothing against me. He said something about my team. I said something to back my team. It wasn't personal."
So really, how ridiculous is this statement? He said something to back his team? Not once did he mention his team. He said Dirk choked and wasn't a leader. So how is that not personal? Isn't that the definition of personal? He said nothing to back his team. He could have said Miami had a great team, yet he agrees with Dirk by saying Dallas wasn't good enough in the closing moments.
Man, this guy is all about getting respect. I swear if Cowlishaw had not written the "The Heat are not worthy" article the Mavs would have probably swept them. And now Wade even looks like the bigger man by stealing Dirk's "I'm not going back and forth" line.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hold me back! Hold me back! Coz I'ma kill him!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk never participated in this "feud" at any given time. Wade threw a punch and now he's running.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

When contrived "feuds" are a bigger story than the game, you've got one more way that the NBA is like the WWE
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Dirk never participated in this "feud" at any given time. Wade threw a punch and now he's running.

Damn right!!! Dirk acted all classy over Wade's BS, and now he's gonna say that he has put it in the past just because he's an effn p*ssy! Dang! What a fruitcake mofo! Now where was I? Oh yeah.. "Hold me back! Hold me back! I'ma kill him!!!"

Old 02-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #10
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention the fact that Dirk made his statement 8 months ago. What took D-idiot so long to respond? Is he just now realizing what Dirk said?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #11
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
Not to mention the fact that Dirk made his statement 8 months ago. What took D-idiot so long to respond? Is he just now realizing what Dirk said?

Took him months to think of a comeback. Wow! Lame.

Lame Team, fake Champs, the one who, as they say, " LED" the team is a big p*ss... what more could you ask for? Makes me sick

Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

Dirk saying that the Mavs "gave" the series away and the Heat didn't "win" is a slap in the face. Maybe you all don't see it that way, but people outside Dallas city limits see things differently.

Dallas didn't "give" anything away....The Heat took the championship and Wade stood up and lead his team to 4 Straight Victories. Dirk not giving credit where credit is due upset Wade and I (and many others) can honestly see why. Wade worked too hard to have the other team's superstar not to give credit. Dallas lost a 2-0 lead and never won another game in the series. Wade willed his team win it mattered most
Old 02-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Oh shat! Here we go again!

Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
By ART GARCIA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/ba...s/16732507.htm

"If they would cooperate every once in a while and lose, but they don't lose," he said. "We're not going to catch them if they don't lose. We have to keep Steve healthy, get Kurt Thomas back. And if we catch them, we catch them. If we don't, we'll meet them later."

Yeah and hey Mike, if you go out in the first round because of health, it's your fault for running your players to death and setting up a team that will always somehow have an mvp since you choose to have aboslutely no depth. Why don't you just play four players, so that when one of them gets injured, the world can see why that forth player is MVP, because four players is a lot easier to play with than three.

Oh yeah and btw, Mavs>Suns anyway you would like to spin it .

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-19-2007 at 11:41 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Dude, chill! haha

Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
he is looking a little yellow on this...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Haha - we're sitting here getting pissed & stewing over DWade's continued remarks while Dirk continues to rise above the drama by simply not giving a damn... I guess Wade's publicist forgot to call Dirk's publicist before they decided to get all Paris-Britney on us...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #18
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiggler
Dirk saying that the Mavs "gave" the series away and the Heat didn't "win" is a slap in the face. Maybe you all don't see it that way, but people outside Dallas city limits see things differently.

Dallas didn't "give" anything away....The Heat took the championship and Wade stood up and lead his team to 4 Straight Victories. Dirk not giving credit where credit is due upset Wade and I (and many others) can honestly see why. Wade worked too hard to have the other team's superstar not to give credit. Dallas lost a 2-0 lead and never won another game in the series. Wade willed his team win it mattered most
Seriously, don't you think it is odd that Wade would bring this up at this point in time? If there was going to be a "feud" it should have been over the summer after Dirk made his remark. Why now?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #19
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Answer that! Hmm...

Last edited by mqywaaah; 02-19-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dirk saying that the Mavs "gave" the series away and the Heat didn't "win" is a slap in the face.
And the truth.
Quote:
Maybe you all don't see it that way, but people outside Dallas city limits see things differently.
No. People living in Dade Co. see it differently.
Quote:
Dallas didn't "give" anything away....The Heat took the championship and Wade stood up and lead his team to 4 Straight Victories.
By shooting un-warranted FTs.
Quote:
Dirk not giving credit where credit is due upset Wade and I (and many others) can honestly see why.
Me too. He's a Vagina.
Quote:
He knows he' Wade worked too hard to have the other team's superstar not to give credit. Dallas lost a 2-0 lead and never won another game in the series.
Exactly what he's confirmed with his "backing his team statements". Dallas Lost.
Quote:
Wade willed his team win it mattered most.
I.E. when the whistle blew.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Seriously, don't you think it is odd that Wade would bring this up at this point in time? If there was going to be a "feud" it should have been over the summer after Dirk made his remark. Why now?
There really isn't a feud.....Dirk made his comments, Wade felt he needed to respond.

It's over. Wade said what he said because he felt Dirk was discrediting the win. The Heat won 4 in a row......there is no "GIVE AWAY" there.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #22
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's over.
It's not over.

Dirk will finish it on Thursday.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #23
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
It's not over.

Dirk will finish it on Thursday.

and admire the fact that D Wade is a champion
Old 02-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #24
TheDiggler

Quote:
And the truth.
No. People living in Dade Co. see it differently.
By shooting un-warranted FTs.
Me too. He's a Vagina.
Exactly what he's confirmed with his "backing his team statements". Dallas Lost.
I.E. when the whistle blew.
Thank you....you've made my points relevant
Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #25
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
There really isn't a feud.....Dirk made his comments, Wade felt he needed to respond.

It's over. Wade said what he said because he felt Dirk was discrediting the win. The Heat won 4 in a row......there is no "GIVE AWAY" there.
But why do you think he waited 8 months to respond?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wade said what he said because he felt Dirk was discrediting the win.
Wrong again.

He's tired of hearing everybody from national commentators, to various NBA personnel, to joe-youtuber, discrediting the "win".

So instead of maning up to the criticism, he broke off a Vagina Monologue.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #27
TheDiggler

Quote:
But why do you think he waited 8 months to respond?
I believe the suject was brought back up in a interview.....who knows. Dirk said what he said and Wade has every right to give his opinion.....whether it's two days or 12 months ago. Just my opinion
Old 02-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #28
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
You've made my points relevant.
Roadkill.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #29
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
...who knows.
Not you.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #30
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
I threw up in my mouth a little bit when Steve Kerr said something on the broadcast to the effect of, "Wade sort of put the feud to rest the other day..."

Put the feud to rest? You mean the one he created out of thin air?
I picked that up too. Almost like he was saying "Dwayne wade was the bigger man here since he put it to rest". My first thought was: what the hell? He started this thing out of nowhere, then to make himself look better he hides behind the shield of "i'm protecting my team".

I do agree with Galloway's general premise that Wade's comments will ultimately help the Mavs. For whatever reason, it seems that Miami is in Dirk's head. He hasn't played with that edge we're used to seeing when he's on top of his game. The fist pump and the evil snare have been absent against this team. I'm confident that we'll see it Thrusday.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I believe the suject was brought back up in a interview.....who knows. Dirk said what he said and Wade has every right to give his opinion.....whether it's two days or 12 months ago. Just my opinion

What people like you and those like you (and by that I mean people that lack basic skills of comprehension) fail to understand, is that Dirk's comments had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Miami Heat.

Zero.

Zilch.

Its not Dirk's fault there are stupid people in the world.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #32
TheDiggler

Quote:
Wrong again.

He's tired of hearing everybody from national commentators, to various NBA personnel, to joe-youtuber, discrediting the "win".

So instead of maning up to the criticism, he broke off a Vagina Monologue.
So Dirk never said, "We gave the series away" ?

He never said that? Come on! That that biggest discredit you can give. Dirk believed that his team was better and had no business losing to the Heat, but reality is that he lost 4 in a row! I guess he should have done something about it.....maybe he'll get another chance this summer
Old 02-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #33
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
What people like you and those like you (and by that I mean people that lack basic skills of comprehension) fail to understand, is that Dirk's comments had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Miami Heat.

Zero.

Zilch.

Its not Dirk's fault there are stupid people in the world.
mary.....everyone outside Ft Worth, Arlington and Dallas are retards. We all "read into" everything....even when it's blatant. You guys are in a bowl broken dreams and hopes lol
Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #34
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Dirk never said, "We gave the series away" ?

He never said that? Come on! That that biggest discredit you can give. Dirk believed that his team was better and had no business losing to the Heat, but reality is that he lost 4 in a row! I guess he should have done something about it.....maybe he'll get another chance this summer

If Wade had such a problem with Dirk's statement, then why did he agree with it?

That's what is REALLY stupid about this. Wade was SOOO HURT by Dirk's comments that he came back and agreed with him.

Not that I expect you to comprehend that either.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-19-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #35
TheDiggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
If Wade had such a problem with Dirk's statement, then why did he agree with it?
What? Why would Wade agree with Dirk? That's silly. Find the quote, with the link.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
mary.....everyone outside Ft Worth, Arlington and Dallas are retards. We all "read into" everything....even when it's blatant. You guys are in a bowl broken dreams and hopes lol
How old are you?

No school today?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
What? Why would Wade agree with Dirk? That's silly. Find the quote, with the link.

I don't have to find the link. Look it up yourself.

Its obvious.

Dirk said they gave the series away.

Wade said the reason they lost was because Dirk wasn't a leader.

Both gave credit to the Mavs for the outcome of the series.

Its really not that hard.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think this is true. I've read many national columns that talked about how the Mavs gave away the title. In fact, I'll bet if I visit whatever board that you post on, there are multiple references to Dallas "choking" in the finals. Implicit in that statement is that Dallas was the better team and the only way they could lose would be to choke.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #39
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
and admire the fact that D Wade is a champion

Bollocks!!! I want to slap someone

Old 02-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #40
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
So really, how ridiculous is this statement? He said something to back his team? Not once did he mention his team. He said Dirk choked and wasn't a leader. So how is that not personal? Isn't that the definition of personal? He said nothing to back his team. He could have said Miami had a great team, yet he agrees with Dirk by saying Dallas wasn't good enough in the closing moments.
Man, this guy is all about getting respect. I swear if Cowlishaw had not written the "The Heat are not worthy" article the Mavs would have probably swept them. And now Wade even looks like the bigger man by stealing Dirk's "I'm not going back and forth" line.
Wade's quote reminds me of a scene from Life of Brian where a crowd has decided that Brian is the messiah and so they are talking to Brian's mother, Mandy -

YOUTH: Excuse me.
MANDY: Yes?
YOUTH: Are you a virgin?
MANDY: I beg your pardon!
YOUTH: Well, if it's not a personal question, are you a virgin?
MANDY: 'If it's not a personal question'? How much more personal can you get? Now, piss off!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk