Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #81
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Yeah, that's gonna be something.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #82
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I forgot Italy......... that's how forgettable their performance was.

I'm hoping Brazil plays well on Sunday.... but once again, we play another team that is not really gonna play an open game. My hope is that Ivory Coast thinks they can hang and play back and forth. That way we'll have a chance to display some good soccer.
It's going to be a great game that's for sure.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #83
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I like how people like Martin Rogers on Yahoo who wrote "America must defeat Slovenia to stay alive" end up looking like they didn't even take 2 minutes to do the math, now that America failed to defeat Slovenia but still controls their own destiny and has a great chance to go through.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #84
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Well I will say it is nice that we control our own destiny as far as advancing. If we win we get through. Many other teams predicted to go deep in this tournament won't be as fortunate.

Regardless of it only being a tie as opposed to the W it should've been, that was a hell of a comeback by our boys and a great representation of this country's spirit and fortitude.

A couple of good quotes from the players:

Landon Donovan on his goal (thought this one was funny):
"I decided to take a touch and aim high, and aim at his head," Donovan said. "I don't think he wanted to get hit."

Defender Jay Demerit on what was said in the locker room at half time, down 2-0.
"This group will never be together again," was how defender Jay DeMerit remembered the discussion. "We just said, if we're going to go down, we go down swinging."

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-18-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #85
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

Report: Coulibaly to get FIFA review

Malian referee Koman Coulibaly, criticized for disallowing a potentially U.S.-winning goal off a free kick in Friday's U.S.-Slovenia World Cup clash, may be dropped by FIFA for the rest of the World Cup, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

Citing a FIFA source, the report says Coulibaly is poised to face an expedited performance review from the refereeing committee of world football's governing body. Officials plan to review footage on Saturday from the Group C game to evaluate Coulibaly's performance after several U.S. players blasted his handling of the match, Yahoo said.

Second-half sub Maurice Edu appeared to put the U.S. ahead in the 86th minute, poking in a close-range shot after Landon Donovan's free kick to him. But the goal was waved off by Couilibaly, though it was not clear on whom the foul was called or what the foul was.

After the match, Landon Donovan said he asked the referee what the call was but did not get an answer.

"We asked the ref many times what it was or who it was on and he wouldn't or couldn't explain it," Donovan said. "I don't know what to think of the call because I didn't see any foul, just a normal free kick and a goal."

Referees must submit a written report to FIFA after each match, but it is not specified in the rule that he must fully explain a ruling such as this.

FIFA refereeing rules state: "The referee shall hand over to the FIFA general coordinator a match report at the stadium immediately after the match. On the report form the referee shall note all occurrences such as misconduct of players leading to caution or expulsion, unsporting behavior by supporters and/or by officials or any other person acting on behalf of an association at the match and any other incident happening before, during and after the match in as much detail as possible."

Coulibaly could still appear, according to the source, as a line judge or other supporting role, but is unlikely to be given assignments to referee further matches.

"If he is found to have made a serious mistake, especially one that affected the outcome, then he would be highly unlikely to play any further part in the tournament," Yahoo quoted the source as saying. "FIFA is determined to keep refereeing standards high and does not want high-profile mistakes."

The controversial call comes four years after the 2006 finals in Germany where the refereeing was roundly condemned after a spate of controversies.

It led to FIFA setting up a special referee's assistance program to better train top officials for the 2010 finals.

Among those refereeing in South Africa are Benito Archundia of Mexico, who handled the 2006 semifinal between Germany and Italy, and Italian Roberto Rosetti, who also officiated the Euro 2008 final in Vienna.

The 39-year-old Coulibaly has been officiating in African soccer competitions for 17 years and called the final of the African Cup of Nations between Ghana and Egypt earlier this year.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #86
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

My prediction is a south american team to win this world cup.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #87
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

Report: Coulibaly to get FIFA review
Everyone(!) does it better than the NBA.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #88
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Italy played this morning, but I watched the game and I didn't see it.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #89
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Fun fact for our friends over in Germany: commenting the games here in the USA at halftime is Alexi Lalas, American defender, and Jürgen Klinsmann (who needs no introduction)!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #90
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
cracks me up that Reffing ends up being the biggest thing I have heard about this game -- everywhere I have been watching.
Never watched a game with 8 or 9 yellows and a red-yellow with no player injured or getting medical treatment on the field. Not even ice-spray was used.
The Spaniard did a good job for his Selection ...
Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #91
bernardos70
Diamond Member

So Ivory Coast players can go into every challenge sole first, but when one of their players runs into one of ours, our player gets sent off? They better review this garbage and revoke that red card. What a load of 1st grade BS!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #92
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

This Ivory Coaster is a diver. Kaka didn´t anything. red-yellow is ridiculous, too. The ref has to pull red, when he is sure that the foul was roughing.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #93
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
If I was Henry I´d knock Domenec out after the game. You don´t do what Domenec did today to a player like Henry (even if I don´t think Henry would have made a difference). Domenec is just full of it. They could use Benzema too for sure.

But I agree no one will be sorry for France, me included. They still might have a small chance though. Mexico will go for the win against Uruguay to avoid Argentina. If the french players start a revolution and get rid of Domenech they might be able to get the big win they need against Sout Africa.
Seems like the french players had the same idea:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breve...nd-cirque.html

vor a vid of what happened today. Funny thing. I´m curious to see who will play now and what Domenech will do.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #94
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

As some of you know, I am a supporter of Teams USA and France. Saddly Team France has been an embarrassment.

This is not specifically on the players, but the Organization of the FFF from top to bottom needs to be removed. The FFF need to simply start over from scratch.

I have some empathy for the players. This recent blow-up has been months if not years in the making.

No doubt, I will be watching their final match and who knows, perhaps this incident is what brings the players together as a unit and rises above the management. Perhaps the players can come together and take matters into their hands.

On the flip side, we are watching Team USA turning into a bit of a "Darling" team as a result of the poor officiating, as well as the remarkable play from this squad.

For what it's worth, amidst any and all controversy associated with this World Cup, I am simply having fun watching some quality entertainment with the highest level of athletics via the Soccer World!!!

Also enjoying the growth of the Soccer Fanbase in the USA, with all the games being telecast and catching some sports radio talk show on XM Satelite. Hopefully we will continue to see a steady growth from this sport, regardless of the haters that are out there.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #95
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

92bDad I think it´s all on FFF and Domenech. The players did the absolute right thing, and I don´t understand all the comments about the players embarrassing France. Domenech is the guy to be ashamed of. He doesn´t have a clue and picks fights with alot of the established players. He left Benzema at home simply because he doesn´t like him, and Benzema is not an ass kisser. Then what he did to Malouda and Henry (and also what he allegedly told Anelka), the players just didn´t put up with it anymore and with good reason (and yeah they said in a statement their protest was against FFF, but obviously it also was against Domenech). I´m really curious to see what happens tomorrow and who´ll play.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-20-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #96
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Wow, what a story filled Sunday. It's a shame refereeing continues to be found so desperately wanting at this stage, but it always seems to find a way to be a main topic in pretty much every WC so what do you do.

With that said, Brazil did look pretty dang good out on the pitch and managed to display a healthy attack despite IC's best efforts to play a defensive game.

The French situation is very interesting. For these issues to come to fruition under the limelight of the World Cup stage is awful timing but in the end winning cures all and I believe they still have a chance to advance if everything falls into place. We'll see how they perform in their next match.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #97
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Unreal performance by Portugal with a whopping 7-0 victory of the N.Koreans. Six goals scored in the second half.

This should make the Brazil vs. Portugal match all that more interesting.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-21-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #98
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I feel remembered on the times when Red Manny was ref in the german soccer league.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #99
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSVVrj0WZo
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #100
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Hilarious! (I'm talking about the link. France was hilarious upon a time, now they're just sad).
Old 06-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #101
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Unreal performance by Portugal with a whopping 7-0 victory of the N.Koreans. Six goals scored in the second half.

This should make the Brazil vs. Portugal match all that more interesting.
Nevermind 6 goals in the 2nd half, they scored 3 goas in the last 9 minutes (or 3 goals in 8 minutes to be precise)!

Let's hope so. I like how we match up with Portugal. It's gonna be tougher with Kaká out though. And now they're talking about suspending our coach for cursing out a Brazilian reporter at the press conference after the game.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #102
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #103
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I know the twitter-verse is tickled over France's failings right now, but I would actually be more amused if Mexico didn't make it through...too bad.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #104
bernardos70
Diamond Member

You got beef? ¡Viva Mexico!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #105
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Park
Old 06-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #106
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Bye Otto !
Old 06-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #107
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

That was an intense finish to the Nigeria-South Korea game. After Argentina had taken the lead on Greece, Nigeria knew that a win would put them to the round of 16 despite losing their first two games. They had a couple close chances but it ended in a draw.

So Argentina and South Korea advance. Argentina will play Mexico and Uruguay will play South Korea.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #108
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

That was not the first encounter Otto Rehagel vs. Diego Maradona.

20 years ago club coach Rehagel faced Seria A champione SSC Napoli in the European Coppa UEFA. Werder Bremen nailed them @ Napoli and went for the kill with a 5-1 @ home.

Road:
Alemão 52'
Careca 65'
Neubarth 41'
Riedle 46'
Rufer 90'

Home:
"Air" Riedle Goal 24' , 62'
Rufer 55'
Gunnar Sauer 88'
"Alemao East Frisia" Eilts 90'
Bratseth 70' (o.g.)

Teammates of Maradona were Careca and Alemao, Andrea Carnevale, Gianfranco Zola, de Napoli, Crippa and Neri. Member of the Neapolitanian squad also was Tarantino, who started a carreer as a film-maker later .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqBnAFMuN-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOGU...eature=related

Incredibile ...

Jugadores especiales 1989 :

19 goals

* Marco van Basten Netherlands (Milan)

17 goals

* Roberto Baggio (Fiorentina)

16 goals

* Diego Maradona Argentina (Napoli)

15 goals

* Salvatore Schillaci (Juventus)

14 goals

* Rudi Völler Germany (Roma)

13 goals

* Massimo Agostini (Cesena)
* Gustavo Dezotti Argentina (Cremonese)
* Jürgen Klinsmann Germany (Internazionale)

11 goals

* Abel Balbo Argentina (Udinese)
* Roberto Mancini (Sampdoria)
* Lothar Matthäus Germany (Internazionale)
Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #109
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Argentina is looking very strong. Messi became the youngest national team captain for Argentina today at 22 years old (turns 23 Thursday). Looking forward to another great day of soccer tomorrow.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #110
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

So we're a little more than half way through the first half and score is still tied. England is winning 1-0 over Slovenia. If England wins then we have to win to advance. We had a goal early but it was called for offsides. Replay shows it was not offsides ...ugh.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #111
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Half time. We've had some great opportunities (one open net shot that Altidore severely botched) but couldn't take advantage. On the other hand we're fortunate not to be scored on as the Algerians had one shot beat Tim Howard but go off the cross bar.

Second half coming up. These 45 minutes will be huge. England is winning so we pretty much need to win this hald to advance. Let's go USA!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #112
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

US moves Dempsey up top for the second half. Texas pride, baby.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-23-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #113
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dempsey with a beautiful opportunity that bounces off the far post .. he follows up on the rebound but botches it. If we don't win this it's going to be a real heart breaker. The guys are playing excellent soccer but just can't get the ball to go in.

Time is winding down with 30 minutes to go. Still plenty of time but I'm afraid if England goes up another goal this going to be out of reach.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-23-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #114
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Maddening.

Clearly the better team, and nothing.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #115
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Twenty minutes.

Our guys are looking tired. This isn't looking good. England will put us away with another goal.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #116
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

What's the big deal with the World Cup all of a sudden?

I didn't think that many Americans watched curling...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #117
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I think I've aged a year in 80 minutes.

10 minutes to go....

Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #118
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Barring a miracle goal, this one is finished and we're done. 2 minutes left, and then stoppage time.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-23-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #119
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dempsey with a beautiful opportunity that bounces off the far post .. he follows up on the rebound but botches it. If we don't win this it's going to be a real heart breaker. The guys are playing excellent soccer but just can't get the ball to go in.

Time is winding down with 30 minutes to go. Still plenty of time but I'm afraid if England goes up another goal this going to be out of reach.
Quote:
Twenty minutes.

Our guys are looking tired. This isn't looking good. England will put us away with another goal.
Why do you keep talking about England? All we have to do is win. If England wins, the amount they win by is irrelevant. 1-0 or 10-0. The England result is only helpful if they draw or lose.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we're gonna win.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-23-2010 at 10:46 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #120
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh well.

We'll have to content ourselves with being good at pretty much everything else.