Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
pimptaddy

pimptaddy is on a distinguished road
Default Final thoughts on this season.....

first, we are never winning with the current team. Kidd is too old now and we have too many holes. I feel bad for dirk since he is a beast and yet he is still not winning a ring with the current no heart teammates he has.

Dirk is my favorite player all time for the mavs and he deserves a ring. Not this year.

the officiated was so bad in this game. The refs and stern seem to want lakers vs spurs for the wcf. 4 fouls on dirk early on and 3 on haywood......come on.

I wannt believe the suns will take care of the spurs in round two but we all know that aint happening. the spurs own the suns........once again the suns will get owned and the evil spurs will advance. Who do we route for in lakers vs spurs? Talk about picking between two evils.

Another year of heartache. I am gonna be depressed for a month at least over this....we were the 2 seed and had the inside track for a run. I will be damned, but those evil, cheating spurs beat us. Makes me almost throw up in my mouth thinking about it. I see the board is slow to respond which means one thing........the trolls are commencing the invasion.

They may come here to hurt us with words, but I wont surrender. MFFL .

Marc Cuban, please go after a big name FA this summer.....Get bosh, wade or someone with some balls in here to help dirk.

Terry is done. get rid of him.

marion is also probably done, trade him for someone younger who can still score.

Beaubois needs more minutes....the kid is gonna be a star

im done............time to eat some ice cream and drink hard liqueur.
pimptaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Beaubois, Butler, Dampier's expiring deal and a future #1 to Atlanta for Joe Johnson if you want to win a title while Dirk is still here. Johnson is exactly what we need. A real 2 guard who gets it done and can handle the ball if needed.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck Rick Carlislie.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The fouls on Dirk were all correct. Slapping Jefferson, pushing Duncan, and then two completely unnecessary reach ins, the last two probably out of frustration.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Roddy B. could have saved this season for us.

Also, I don't want to say I am rooting for the Lakers, but I am rooting for the the winner of Suns/Blazers (Suns), and if that doesn't work, then whoever wins out of the Lakers bracket (Lakers, OKC, Jazz are all good options in terms of teams that can beat SA).
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
The fouls on Dirk were all correct. Slapping Jefferson, pushing Duncan, and then two completely unnecessary reach ins, the last two probably out of frustration.
Bullshit. The 2nd foul was a joke. He barely touched Duncan, Duncan flopped. You DON'T call that while allowing Dice and Duncan to shove Dirk FIVE TIMES HARDER EVERY PLAY.

And the 4th foul, Hill GRABBED Dirk's arm. You let that go in that situation. Hill initiated gratuitous contact.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs were full of flop tonight.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

you'd have to have some sort of mental disorder to continue to root for this team after all this. the last 4 years we have the finals collapse, the only first round 1-8 AND 2-7 7 game series losses in NBA history, and the knowledge stern will never let us win anything. i just don't know why i follow this stuff anymore. i'm going to try to find another hobby this summer, it's pure torture being a mavs fan. unfortunately i know i love the mavs too damn much to ever stop watching them, which makes me question my sanity.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
pimptaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
The Spurs were full of flop tonight.
did you see that manu ginobili flop against beaubois? I am making a gif of it now
Old 04-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
MarkCubantheClown

MarkCubantheClown is on a distinguished road

looks like Lakers vs Orlando/Cleveland
MarkCubantheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #11
pimptaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
you'd have to have some sort of mental disorder to continue to root for this team after all this. the last 4 years we have the finals collapse, the only first round 1-8 AND 2-7 7 game series losses in NBA history, and the knowledge stern will never let us win anything. i just don't know why i follow this stuff anymore. i'm going to try to find another hobby this summer, it's pure torture being a mavs fan. unfortunately i know i love the mavs too damn much to ever stop watching them, which makes me question my sanity.

I am so mad now. The finals collapse against miami, then the 1 seed losing to the 8 seed. Now the 2 seed losing to the 7 seed. What other epic collapses can they do now? I guess being up 3-0 in the finals and losing the last 4 games would be the next epic collapse .......
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

RC just lied in his press conference; he said Roddy played signficant mins in the 4Q. Is he on drugs? LIAR LIAR!
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
HooLetDaSpursOut
Banned

HooLetDaSpursOut can only hope to improve

HooLetDaSpursOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
pimptaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCubantheClown View Post
looks like Lakers vs Orlando/Cleveland
anyone but kobe
Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimptaddy View Post
the officiated was so bad in this game. The refs and stern seem to want lakers vs spurs for the wcf. 4 fouls on dirk early on and 3 on haywood......come on.
Dirk earned every foul. Hill exaggerated one of them, but Dirk was still reaching and doing something that he had no business doing with 3 fouls on him.

For those who want to add a big name free agent. This team would be better off with a solid - even if unspectacular - low post scorer (even somebody who could just get you 10-13 every night, i.e. Drew Gooden, but with a much higher IQ) than it would be with another big name out along the perimeter.

Last edited by cowdog80; 04-29-2010 at 10:21 PM.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
pimptaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooLetDaSpursOut View Post
yeah, but he will go back to his 10 million dollar home in preston hollow and drink a $5,000 bottle of whine and still have 2 billion dollars.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #17
TiMVP2

TiMVP2 can only hope to improve

Quote:
yeah, but he will go back to his 10 million dollar home in preston hollow and drink a $5,000 bottle of whine and still have 2 billion dollars.
Tell us more about your boyfriend
TiMVP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post
Dirk earned every foul. Hill exaggerated one of them, but Dirk was still reaching and doing something that he had no business doing with 3 fouls on him.

For those who want to add a big name free agent. This team would be better off with a solid - even if unspectacular - low post scorer (even somebody who could just get you 10-13 every night, i.e. Drew Gooden, but with a much higher IQ) than it would be with another big name out along the perimeter.
Not really. They need a true SG way more. Dirk draws doubles in the mid-post, what's the difference? He gets to the line more than any "post" player but Bosh. They need a damn SG who can hit an open jumpshot and create on his own.

Vince Carter (not so much now), Joe Johnson, OJ Mayo, a guy like that.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #19
pimptaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post

For those who want to add a big name free agent. This team would be better off with a solid - even if unspectacular - low post scorer (even somebody who could just get you 10-13 on a given night) than it would be with another big name out along the perimeter.
the problem with the mavs is that they have a huge payroll and are an attractive team for players. only problem is we attract the soft, jump shooters with no inside game who demand huge contracts they dont deserve.

Dallas mavs have a top 2 payroll and cuban has lost 100 million the last decade on the mavs........is cuban and the dallas fans getting our moneys worth?

No.

I am so tired of the lack of aggresive slashers here to take it hard to the rack.

I am tired of slow big centers with no skills stealing a paycheck.

do these athletes even want to get down and dirty for their money?

do they care if they win or lose?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #20
pimptaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMVP2 View Post
Tell us more about your boyfriend
bro, if i could be cubans boyfriend i would not be here now talking.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #21
TiMVP2

Quote:
bro, if i could be cubans boyfriend i would not be here now talking.
damn, he rejected you and you still love him like that?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #22
pimptaddy

Quote:
i aint gay, but if a dude had 2 billion i might consider
Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #23
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's very clever. couldn't think of a yo mama joke?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #24
TiMVP2

Quote:
i aint gay, but if a dude had 2 billion i might consider
Come on now, I don't judge.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #25
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

This was a good season, we won 50+(for the 10-11th time) games are we'll forever be in history for that and a number of other things we've done this year. What more could you want than that?

We have a proven winner in Dirk so we'll always be solid.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #26
pimptaddy

Quote:
Come on now, I don't judge.
so you are a spurs fan i assume.............you guys plan on busting nash's nose again this year?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #27
TiMVP2

Quote:
so you are a spurs fan i assume.............you guys plan on busting nash's nose again this year?
You sound like an abused female. Don't worry, the scars those mean Spurs made will go away soon.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #28
roadrunner2010

roadrunner2010 is on a distinguished road

Time to get up and say to Mark Cuban:" I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more"!
roadrunner2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #29
roadrunner2010

Anybody who renews their season tickets after this latest debacle, is ready for the insane asylum.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #30
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Beaubois, Butler, Dampier's expiring deal and a future #1 to Atlanta for Joe Johnson if you want to win a title while Dirk is still here. Johnson is exactly what we need. A real 2 guard who gets it done and can handle the ball if needed.
hahaha you must be stoned. u think joe johnson is really worth that much? hahhahaha
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #31
roadrunner2010

ten years of futility should be enough, but there is always room for more disappointment come next playoff time. The opponent plays and the Mavs are off of their game.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #32
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
RC just lied in his press conference; he said Roddy played signficant mins in the 4Q. Is he on drugs? LIAR LIAR!
ya putting him in with 3-4mins to go and down by 9. lol carlisle sucks!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

if this thread doesn't suddenly obtain a higher hoops IQ...I'm going to delete for "excessive suckitude".

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
if this thread doesn't suddenly obtain a higher hoops IQ...I'm going to delete for "excessive suckitude".
Co-sign.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #35
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
PLEASE do so

*feels like throwing up as a result of this thread*

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 04-30-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #36
mavssuckok
Banned

mavssuckok can only hope to improve

Hey bra'. I've been meaning to ask you. Can we get some Red Bull for these things? Sometimes a guy's gotta ride the bull. Am I right? Later skater.

Last edited by mary; 04-30-2010 at 03:28 PM.
mavssuckok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #37
DNowitzki41mavs

DNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavssuckok View Post
damn the MAVS suck
your mom sucks, sucks pretty well
DNowitzki41mavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if all 23,000 members started their own narcissistic threads about the season...
Old 04-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #39
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i understand you loud and clear, flaco. You want me to start one right now...
Old 04-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #40
elec99

elec99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk draws doubles in the mid-post, what's the difference?
HUGE difference. Inside-out basketball is what wins championships. Throw into the big guy for an easy 2/foul/or both, or he kicks out to an open man for an uncontested shot, probably a 3. And if he goes to the line, your boys slowly walk to the other end w/o any physical exertion.

Mavs have a sideways game. Iso dirk cause his release point is higher than everyone, if he's doubled he passes it sideways to an open man.

You guys never get many chances for an easy bucket in a halfcourt offense. Thats what a post player gives you. Dirk takes tough shots for two points. I mean, he makes them in the reg season, but what we've seen is they become tougher to make in the POs.

Championships:
Kobe throws into shaq/bynum/gasol
kenny smith (or whoever) in to olajuwon
wade into shaq
Parker/manu into duncan
billups into sheed
rondo into garnett (though i know he plays more elbow now)

Only exception would be jordan. Not much of a center in luc longely or will perdue, but if your name is jordan i guess you dont need much of a center.
It'll be interesting to see what the FO will do in the offseason with this roster.

Last edited by elec99; 04-30-2010 at 03:29 PM.
elec99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here, thread diarrhea, thread fail