Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-08-2002, 11:40 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Cuban's first fine of the year is a biggy.

Link

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I agree Cuban should shut up, but that's ridiculous on Stern's part. What is he doing fining Cuban that much, I don't care how much money the man has, that's retarded!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:26 PM   #3
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Cuban n fact is right

Maybe we all can support him by making Mark Cuban our Write-In Player for the All-Star Ballot?

J
Old 01-08-2002, 01:18 PM   #4
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

rotfl, Stern fines him 500 big ones because Stern can fine him 500 big ones... where does all that money go?
Old 01-08-2002, 02:32 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< where does all that money go? >>

To buy Ed Rush a Dairy Queen.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #6
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Email the NBA front office and tell them what you think. I did. I think Cuban is right. Retired refs admit to &quot;having to learn a players individual game&quot;. What happened to a foul is a foul?

Stars do receive special treatment, we have eyes. The front office of the NBA view the public as stupid, blind or all the above.

Unfortunately due to Mark being so vocal, the Mavs will pay. Unless the public stands behind him. There is power in numbers. You just have to get real tired of seeing the powers at large push their weight around.

$500,000 was a power play, plain and simple.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:44 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, this was a power play. That amount is ridiculous. I think part of it was based on his past comments and fines and they think this will be a way to shut him up. Will it work? Doubt it.

Where does the money go?

Well, the NBA spreads it out to charities, right? Not sure which, does anyone know a site you could find things out like this.

As for Cuban, he matches his fines, so basically, he's paying a million this time. In the DMN, it says $375,000 of it is going to a cancer project in Joy Nelson's name and the other $125,000 is going somewhere in someone else's name, Im forgetting right now.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:15 PM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Sickening, just sickening......where does stern get off? How does he come up with a number like that? I'm just livid about this fine....it's just amazing to me that has the right to fine Mark Cuban that kind of money. He never even takes into account how correct Mark may be...all he cares about is being a big spin doctor.
David Stern is a cancer to the game of basketball not to mention the NBA....
Old 01-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #9
TheKid
Diamond Member

David Stern has become WAY too arrogant. He thinks because he instilled a way to market this game better than it use to be, he has the right to act in any manor he wishes. This fine is simply RIDICULOUS! I wonder what would happen if Cuban refused to pay this fine. They should have some sort of arbitrator that reviews this type of fine.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:31 PM   #10
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

If he didn't they'd just take it out of the TV money they get from the league. Stern is having to protect Rush. There are probably a lot of GM's around the league who agree with Cuban, but won't say anything about it. Unfortunately I'm afraid he's winding up looking like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:50 PM   #11
LongHornMav

LongHornMav is on a distinguished road

Well I say we get a little organized and at least try to support the reasoning behind what Cuban is doing even if you may not agree with his specific actions.

Does anybody have an email address that isn't processed buy some lower echelon flunkie?

Or maybe the email address to a respected sportswriter that we could implore to write a supportive article?
LongHornMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 11:52 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Marc Stein?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 01:26 AM   #13
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Maybe Marty Burns?
Old 01-09-2002, 06:19 PM   #14
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I think seelenjaeger had a good idea with the write in ballot...of course I would have to stop voting for Najera, but I don't think that was going anywhere.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:52 PM   #15
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

mike fisher leaps to mind
Old 01-10-2002, 10:56 AM   #16
TheKid
Diamond Member

Very Cool of Cuban....

Cuban Matches Fine To Charity
DALLAS-- Ever since he began getting fined by the NBA last season, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has matched all his fines to charity.

On January 8th, Mavs owner Mark Cuban was fined $500,000 by the NBA, the largest individual fine in NBA history (second to his $250,000 fine during the 2000-01 season), and again he is matching the amount to charity.

Of the matching $500,000, $375,000 will go towards cancer research in the names of Joy Nelson (wife of Mavs Head Coach Don Nelson) and Norris Curtis, and $125,000 will go towards MPS in the name of Simon Ibell.