Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #121
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I still maintain that Michael is the biggest twit on the show. At least Sawyer is kind of funny. Michael is just a twit.
yeah he seems to be all downside. It sucks when in your character's storyline there are tertiary characters that are more interesting or likable than you. (1) Walt, (2) the dog, (3) even Walt's Stepfather
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #122
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

*** Possible spoilers ***

get used to hearing "GIVE ME BACK MY SON!", "I WANT MY SON!", and "WALT!" enough times to make your ears bleed.

*** spoiler over ***
Old 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #123
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

get used to hearing "GIVE ME BACK MY SON!", "I WANT MY SON!", and "WALT!" enough times to make your ears bleed.

*** spoiler over ***
I should just stop watching unless its Sun/Jin saying it. Mixed bag on Claire-- she's annoying as sin itself but she does reveal some cool secrets. If its Michael I will scream and start watching the Sopranos
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #124
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

*** spoiler over ***
It's disappointing to hear that michael makes it back to shore. I'm going to start season 2 this weekend.

I suppose walt is being removed bc the first 3 seasons of the show take place over 93 days supposedly, and that actor probably wouldn't have looked 93 days older after 3+ years of shooting?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #125
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Sawyer gets shot, falls into a salty ocean filled with sharks sporting a bloody squirtgun where his shoulder was and you are surprised that Michael makes it back?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-21-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #126
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
It's disappointing to hear that michael makes it back to shore. I'm going to start season 2 this weekend.

I suppose walt is being removed bc the first 3 seasons of the show take place over 93 days supposedly, and that actor probably wouldn't have looked 93 days older after 3+ years of shooting?
That's pretty much the reason. It was bad enough that he was a 12-year-old playing a 10-year-old, but it only got worse from there. He's probably taller than me now.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #127
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

you are short. (ha)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #128
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

****SPOILERS FOR THOSE HAVING NOT SEEN SEASON 2********

So I ordered Season 2 from amazon, used. It should be here next week.

I also have obtained it in another way from a friend of a friend of a friend, so to speak*.

Anyway....I've watched 2 episodes so far. I'm liking this. I don't like sharks though. Who's the big black guy? Why was it necessary to live that whole day over again in "adrift"? Weird. Desmond is fun....? no? 108 minutes? 4+8+15+16+23+42?

I have a BS in computer science, and I'd just like to say that in the 1970's or 60's or whatever, I'm pretty sure someone could've written a few lines of code to make that all happen automatically, no?

kind of weak.

Oh and if I were kate, I would've stayed in there and eaten about 4 or 5 of those candy bars. Jack can wait. Oh also, if I were kate, I would've played with my 2 perky... .err...personalites.

I watch on....

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-22-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #129
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow....Bernard is a white guy.

Claire has put a little bit of meat on her bones since season 1. Looking very nice.

Kate takes a shower.... nice

mexican bitch woman is a bitch. I hope sawyer kills her, and then kills himself.

Hurleys story was good. A bit confusing with how all of tht food was staying preserved forever and ever.

Did I see a DHARMA sticker on that place where the tail section people live?

I need more info on this DHARMA stuff. That seems kind of spotty.

Where the F did Desmond go?

The guy in the orientation video mentioned the # 540. That's 108 x 5. and 108 is the numbers added up!!! (I know, I'm stretching now!)

Why do they need to push the button? What does it do? Why does Shannon only hang out with the dog? When will Jin ever get the hand cuff off? AHHHHH.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-22-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:13 AM   #130
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have a BS in computer science, and I'd just like to say that in the 1970's or 60's or whatever, I'm pretty sure someone could've written a few lines of code to make that all happen automatically, no?
Of course, but it since it would've in in basic, or Cobol, or maybe assembly, it would've been more than just a few lines.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-23-2007 at 08:13 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #131
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

plus. they were told not to use the computer for anything else EXCEPT entering the numbers.

and yes, flaco, that was another dharma logo where the tail section people were.

did you catch the dharma logo on the shark?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #132
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

man season 3 kinda sucks.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #133
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Season 1> Episodes 7-23 Season 3 >>>>>>>>>>>> Season 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Episodes 1-6 Season 3

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-23-2007 at 04:06 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #134
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Season 1> Episodes 7-23 Season 3 >>>>>>>>>>>> Season 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Episodes 1-6 Season 3
I'm enjoying season 2. I'm only through 4 episodes though.

But what you're telling me is that I've already seen the best?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #135
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

you are giving me hope U2-- Im on ep 7 of season 3
Old 06-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The first six episodes of Season 3 were horrendous. You will notice a dramatic improvement.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #137
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

U2, you forgot the last part:

(all Lost seasons) >>>>>>>>> anything else on TV

But I definitely agree with your rankings. 7-23 of season 3 might even be equal to season 1.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #138
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Season 3 is my favorite!!! (so far)
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #139
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I still maintain that Michael is the biggest twit on the show. At least Sawyer is kind of funny. Michael is just a twit.
I've got to say that Michael totally redeems himself though....... everyone should know what I'm talking about that's up to date with the show.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #140
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I've got to say that Michael totally redeems himself though....... everyone should know what I'm talking about that's up to date with the show.
Does he commit suicide?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #141
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I watch Lost religiously and have not the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #142
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I knew it. I knew as soon as they slept together, that one of them would die.

I did not, however, know that they would die like that.

wow.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #143
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Waaaiiit.....

wtf constitutes a "good person" ???? How did he determine a list that quickly?

Why do they want the children?

this goodwin guy can suck my balls, oh by the way.

More importantly..... How did the others know of the plane crash as it was happening? AND they sent guys to go undercover in BOTH survivor camps during the turmoil. And supposedly the survivors are more than a day apart from eachother.

How could they orchestrate that so that nathan and goodwin could be there on the scene, as it was happening?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #144
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"The other 48 days" rocks.

Because there were no damned flashbacks to before the crash.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #145
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Waaaiiit.....

wtf constitutes a "good person" ???? How did he determine a list that quickly?

Why do they want the children?

this goodwin guy can suck my balls, oh by the way.

More importantly..... How did the others know of the plane crash as it was happening? AND they sent guys to go undercover in BOTH survivor camps during the turmoil. And supposedly the survivors are more than a day apart from eachother.

How could they orchestrate that so that nathan and goodwin could be there on the scene, as it was happening?
The Other 48 Days was a good episode. A lot of your questions do get answered, but some still haven't been.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #146
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
"The other 48 days" rocks.

Because there were no damned flashbacks to before the crash.
So...wait. You like this show, but you don't enjoy flashbacks?

That's....strange.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #147
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sometimes I enjoy the flashbacks more than others. Korean people flashbacks beat me down kind of hard. Shannon flashbacks too...guess that's not a problem though.

I like when the flashbacks are also advancing the current plot for me in some way (i.e. Hurley and "numbers")

I enjoy Locke and Jack flashbacks the most.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #148
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The other 48 days was one long flashback.

edit: up until the demise of the incestuous step sister.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-25-2007 at 08:23 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #149
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

yeah some flashbacks actually help the story or set the tone of weirdness like Claire's baby being the 666 child, but others are kinda bleh.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #150
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

hmmm, i actually like Jin and Sun's flashbacks. they don't necessarily advance the plot or shed light on a lot of things, but they are at least entertaining.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #151
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I really like Kate flashbacks.

But not so much for the story really.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #152
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I really like Kate flashbacks.

But not so much for the story really.
Yeah, those perky little flashbacks are u2's favorites.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #153
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
hmmm, i actually like Jin and Sun's flashbacks. they don't necessarily advance the plot or shed light on a lot of things, but they are at least entertaining.
Agreed.

We'll see whose flashbacks he enjoys by the time he finishes Season 3.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #154
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok....I'm finally getting some Mr. Eko back story here.

He seems pissed off about the heroine statue? hey is he from Nigeria?

Why is everything connected?

Now Charlie is singing to Jin and Eko is charging like a fat kid towards cake.....
Old 06-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #155
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok there goes the weird smoke monster thing.....
Old 06-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #156
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The only thing good I can say about episodes 10-12 is that yes, Claire is attractive.

I think she gained a few pounds from season 1 to season 2....and that has made her pretty damned voluptuous.

These episodes are BORING. An entire episode on 'charlie needs to save the baby'???

wtf?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:10 AM   #157
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Flaco, how are you watching these? ONline? The place where I was watching them is shit after Season 1.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #158
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I have a DVD coming in the mail. I also got them from a friend of a friends friend of a group of friends.

These are getting BORING oh btw.

Charlie and Claire? Come on....you've got to give me something here. Who are the FREAKING OTHERS? HOW DID THEY GET THERE? how long have they been here? what is their freaking motivation?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #159
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I have a DVD coming in the mail. I also got them from a friend of a friends friend of a group of friends.

These are getting BORING oh btw.

Charlie and Claire? Come on....you've got to give me something here. Who are the FREAKING OTHERS? HOW DID THEY GET THERE? how long have they been here? what is their freaking motivation?
Just push through these man. We warned you there would be a letdown.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-28-2007, 06:46 AM   #160
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Just wait until the beginning of Season 3. I was ready for it all to be over with.

Season 2 middle was very tough to stomach, I would imagine that watching the episodes right after one another would make that even more so. Fire+Water (the Charlie baby saving episode) was the worst episode of Lost ever so far.... and that's saying something seeing as the first 6 episodes of Season 3 had me considering quitting.

But it gets better. That's for sure.