Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #521
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd be more impressed with those stats if they were in 48 minutes instead of 58...
10 extra in game minutes still is pretty incredible. I can't even imagine the Mavericks having 3 guys with over 100 points in 100 minutes of gameplay let alone 58. The only way I could see it is if Dirk scored 80 by himself.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #522
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Did anyone see the end of the kings warriors game? Some serious tanking going on lol
Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #523
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Did anyone see the end of the kings warriors game? Some serious tanking going on lol
I did. lol
The 5 sec in bound call. Than Isaish Thomas dribbles the ball out of bounds with no pressure being applied.

DeMarcus Cousin is turning into a darn good player though. It's looking he will be the best player in that draft class.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #524
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I did. lol
The 5 sec in bound call. Than Isaish Thomas dribbles the ball out of bounds with no pressure being applied.

DeMarcus Cousin is turning into a darn good player though. It's looking he will be the best player in that draft class.
He has been terrible defending the post was much better last year, he and wall have the highest potential of the class. Monroe is solid but isn't athletic enough to ever even be an average defender.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #525
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Do you guys remember when Harden was thought of as a bust his rookie year?

I think he is better than Griffin at this point. He has become a very well rounded player. I think he maybe better than Westbrook and Durant.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #526
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
He has been terrible defending the post was much better last year, he and wall have the highest potential of the class. Monroe is solid but isn't athletic enough to ever even be an average defender.
The more I see of Wall, the less I am impressed with him. He doesn't do it for me. His half court offensive game is nonexistent. He has a very slow release on his jumper. His jumper isn't there. Mind you he claims to have worked on it in the off season. He progress as a player has been very slow. It could be the result of playing for the Wizards, but he should have learned a thing or two from Sam Cassell.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #527
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
The more I see of Wall, the less I am impressed with him. He doesn't do it for me. His half court offensive game is nonexistent. He has a very slow release on his jumper. His jumper isn't there. Mind you he claims to have worked on it in the off season. He progress as a player has been very slow. It could be the result of playing for the Wizards, but he should have learned a thing or two from Sam Cassell.
I know wall has struggled last 4 games but he has been much better the last 2 months effeciency wise, he is asked to do pretty much everything on the perimeter like deron, the wizards have no spacing cause no one can hit a three. They really have done a terrible job surrounding him with players that fit around his skill set.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #528
b_o_r
Golden Member

Gasol only likes to make open jumpers against Dirk and the Mavs.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #529
b_o_r
Golden Member

OKC just ran the Heat out of the building
Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #530
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
I know wall has struggled last 4 games but he has been much better the last 2 months effeciency wise, he is asked to do pretty much everything on the perimeter like deron, the wizards have no spacing cause no one can hit a three. They really have done a terrible job surrounding him with players that fit around his skill set.
With Nene, the pnr and two man game should be there all day.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #531
b_o_r
Golden Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Memphis vs Bulls/Pacers in the Finals.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #532
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Gerald Green the leading scorer for NJ against Utah. NJ lost by 21.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #533
mavs777
Diamond Member

nice move by dragic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_c9-...layer_embedded
Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #534
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Linsurgery done for the season?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...-torn-meniscus

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 03-31-2012 at 06:21 PM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #535
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

OKC up 31 ( end of the 3rd quarter )
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #536
b_o_r
Golden Member

Just don't understand why the Celtics would want to trade Rondo.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #537
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just don't understand why the Celtics would want to trade Rondo.
Guy scores a triple double like it's nothing. Honestly, I think it's because they don't really have any other major bargaining chips. Ray, KG, and Pierce are at the end of their careers and I don't see any team really giving up a lot for either guy. I could see a contending team making a move to try and get one of the big three, but I have a feeling Boston might be asking for a lot unless they pull a Sessions. I believe this is KG and Ray's last year in their contact so you never know what could happen. The bottom line is I feel like Rondo is their only serious bargaining chip where they could get far more in return.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #538
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Guy scores a triple double like it's nothing. Honestly, I think it's because they don't really have any other major bargaining chips. Ray, KG, and Pierce are at the end of their careers and I don't see any team really giving up a lot for either guy. I could see a contending team making a move to try and get one of the big three, but I have a feeling Boston might be asking for a lot unless they pull a Sessions. I believe this is KG and Ray's last year in their contact so you never know what could happen. The bottom line is I feel like Rondo is their only serious bargaining chip where they could get far more in return.
He also is apparently an attitude problem that they've begun to grow tired of. Rumor has it though that the only time Ainge was actually close to trading Rondo was in exchange for Chris Paul, since then it has just been a lot of speculation and nothing substantial.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #539
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Ty Lawson break Ryan Anderson's ankles....literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gsuAuE__H_k

(not actually broken, but he did tweak it really bad)

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #540
GhostFace
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
Ty Lawson break Ryan Anderson's ankles....literally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gsuAuE__H_k

(not actually broken, but he did tweak it really bad)
Lol'd @ youtube comments. The Magic just can't seem to get a break. Tough shit Stan. What are you gonna blame this loss on? Ty Lawson destroying Anderson's ankles?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #541
mavs777
Diamond Member

Steve Nash is ridiculous
Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #542
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Time to say that Kobe has lost a step?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #543
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How sad to see Kobe resort to the JET pose on a big made basket. This could be the end.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #544
b_o_r
Golden Member

Pau needs to learn how to take his facials like a man. Complaining to the refs because Blake uses his forearm/elbow to ward off and launch off of the defender.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #545
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't look now but the spurs are a mere 1 game behind okc. As the race tightens up, will durant and westbrooks sphincter do the same? They are still playing some pretty heavy minutes.

Things are closer than they appear in the mirror!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #546
C_Man

C_Man can only hope to improve

Dwight Howard is such a backstabbing liar:

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2012/...rtsm4v-2057675
C_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #547
GhostFace
Platinum Member

I always felt neutral towards the Magic franchise, but ever since Stan tried to pull that nonsense with Big Wood I am enjoying seeing them get destroyed night after night.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #548
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Van Gundy is a toy coach.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #549
C_Man

C_Man can only hope to improve

The Orlando Magic have the most misleading record in the NBA right now. Maybe in all of sports. Their record:

32-23 (better than our record of 31-24)

But their record against .500+ teams:

11-19 (we are 21-17 against .500+ teams)

They are going to get clobbered in the playoffs.
C_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #550
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Spurs #1 in the West now
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #551
GhostFace
Platinum Member

Not sure if you guys still keeping tabs on TC, but I just checked that Heat @ NY Knick game and I miss that man's power on the glass. So many 2nd chance Knick shots were because of him, especially the game winner, because of him. It's a shame Cubes and TC could not work out a better deal.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #552
dude1394
Guru

Nominate | Report
Posted: Today*3:59*PM
RE: Tyson did it again*
Tyson 11.1 ppg and 9.9 RPGs.
Brendon 5.4 ppg and 6.5 RPGs... And no jump balls!

And the stats don't nearly tell the entire story.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #553
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today*3:59*PM
RE: Tyson did it again*
Tyson 11.1 ppg and 9.9 RPGs.
Brendon 5.4 ppg and 6.5 RPGs... And no jump balls!

And the stats don't nearly tell the entire story.
Haywood was having a very solid season until injuries crept up like every other player on our team. I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying Chandler saving this season. He wouldn't have magically made everyone on the roster healthy. West, Dirk, Kidd, Haywood, Marion all have had a moderate to severe ailment this season for whatever reason. As you can see, the Knicks haven't had much luck with the injury bug either. Chandler has played very well for them, but he really isn't in control of player health. And he can barely help keep that team in the playoffs.

There isn't a fan who didn't want Chandler to return at the right price. The price wasn't right. Simple as that.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #554
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Haywood was having a very solid season until injuries crept up like every other player on our team. I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying Chandler saving this season. He wouldn't have magically made everyone on the roster healthy. West, Dirk, Kidd, Haywood, Marion all have had a moderate to severe ailment this season for whatever reason. As you can see, the Knicks haven't had much luck with the injury bug either. Chandler has played very well for them, but he really isn't in control of player health. And he can barely help keep that team in the playoffs.

There isn't a fan who didn't want Chandler to return at the right price. The price wasn't right. Simple as that.
Agreed, part of the team, he was not the team.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #555
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

I still disagree. I think the price was about right.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #556
GhostFace
Platinum Member

So I know I was bitching last night about TNT.. but dear God Kyle Korver was destroying the Heat last night.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #557
b_o_r
Golden Member

Hornets spanking the Griz...Mavs needed that win
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #558
GhostFace
Platinum Member

As much as I dislike the Spurs, it's always good to see them slapping the shit out of LA.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #559
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs looking salty against LA yet again.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #560
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
As much as I dislike the Spurs, it's always good to see them slapping the shit out of LA.
Agreed. Other than maybe the heat, there is no team I'd rather see lose than the lakers. Not sure whether it's the smug personality of that entire team or having to listen to all the crap talking laker fans over the years, but I truly hate seeing that team succeed.

Edit: just to add that I think lamar also had something to do with my hatred for that team, too.

Last edited by jleefilled; 04-20-2012 at 10:40 PM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote