Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #921
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I may have gave away this weeks game against flac, I didn't switch out Brandon Jacobs heh.

Edit: oh wow, Plexico Burress is out the rest of the game after the first series too. So we're both down a player.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-23-2008 at 05:31 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #922
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You're crazy if you think Boldin doesn't have talent.

Meanwhile, Gage gave me crap today.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #923
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he clearly has talent, but I can wonder if you're crazy if you don't think guys like Fitzy, Moss, and etc don't match up as well as TO.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #924
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Fitzy and Moss will typically outperform TO in fantasy terms.

But in real football terms, there's not a guy in the NFL more physically talented than TO.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #925
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Physically, yes. But he drops balls more often than those other guys and dissapears at times. He's one of the best receivers in the league, but he's not the best receiver in the league.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #926
chumdawg
Guru

If you were drafting receivers for your team, what would be your order?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #927
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Fitzy and Moss will typically outperform TO in fantasy terms.

But in real football terms, there's not a guy in the NFL more physically talented than TO.
I wasn't talking about fantasy...I never based your question off of fantasy.
Fitzy and Moss have better hands than TO, pretty much most or all of the WRs I listed will have at worst, the same catching ability as TO...more than likely better. And those other guys are younger and have the ability to get even better.

Like MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs said, clearly he is a top flight WR...but I don't think he is the best.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-23-2008 at 06:41 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #928
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Is that fantasy or real football?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #929
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're crazy if you think Boldin doesn't have talent.

Meanwhile, Gage gave me crap today.
And you're crazy if you think in terms of pure talent that Boldin > Calvin Johnson.

Calvin Johnson is good for 80 yards and a touch per game, and that's with the worst quarterbacks the league has to offer.

Just think of what he would do in an attack like Arizona with an actual quarterback..

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-23-2008 at 06:44 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #930
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I looked at my list and I'd stick with this:
Moss
Fitzy

Jennings
Calvin

Boldin
Wayne
Colston

TO would fall somewhere in that 3rd grouping.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #931
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick
I looked at my list and I'd stick with this:
Moss
Fitzy

Jennings
Calvin

Boldin
Wayne
Colston

TO would fall somewhere in that 3rd grouping.
You're insane! TO is clearly in the top class of receivers.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #932
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way you take Jenning, Wayne or Colston (seriously, Colston?) above TO unless you're accounting for age.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #933
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
There is no way you take Jenning, Wayne or Colston (seriously, Colston?) above TO unless you're accounting for age.
I am accounting for age. You didn't make any specifications when the question was brought up, you just said pick.

TO would probably at the top of that last tier group. It might switch between him and Boldin. YAC, Blocking and physicality can be something that makes the difference between Boldin and TO.

TO
Boldin
Wayne
Colston

Did you not have any qualms with the Megatron or Boldin idea? You didn't mention them.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-23-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #934
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I didn't say anything...

I think you have to take age out of the consideration for this type of discussion. If you're drafting a real football team, right now, for one season. Don't worry about the future.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #935
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

If you are accounting for age, why is Moss on top?

For that matter, why put him on top at all if you are punishing TO for being a headcase?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #936
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
If you are accounting for age, why is Moss on top?

For that matter, why put him on top at all if you are punishing TO for being a headcase?
Moss doesn't get as much attention as TO does, in terms of media and bad publicity. I know Moss does get bad pub via what he does and what he has done, but I don't think it's on the same level/scale. TO puts a lot of it himself. I know Moss has caused issues, but he hasn't had any huge blips on the radar since coming to the Patriots. TO is on alert wherever he goes. And week to week, something can happen or usually does. Age is an issue for Moss, but he's 4 years younger than TO. I think as Moss drops off, he's still an elite talent and the hands are still great.

jthig, we just need to make the qualifications up.
They weren't given...so I just went with it.

Either way, if you're looking for this year or the future, TO isn't at the top of my list.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-23-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #937
FINtastic
Diamond Member

There was a lot of talk of Moss mailing it in when Brady got hurt. I don't watch the Patriots to know whether that happened, but glancing at his stats I couldn't necessarily refute that accusation. Moss is just so flaky it's hard not to penalize the guy a little bit. He won't cause any dissension, but you never really know what effort level you get with the guy. You won't get that from TO.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-23-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #938
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
There was a lot of talk of Moss mailing it in when Brady got hurt. I don't watch the Patriots to know whether that happened, but glancing at his stats I couldn't necessarily refute that accusation. Moss is just so flaky it's hard not to penalize the guy a little bit. He won't cause any dissension, but you never really know what effort level you get with the guy. You won't get that from TO.
The problem with Moss this year is the deep play isn't there, and that's not entirely his fault. Cassel clearly isn't Tom Brady, nor does he have his range. Matt hardly throws the deep route and they haven't built a chemistry to coordinate those routes.

I understand your view about the flaky factor. He definitely had it in Oakland...players tend to die there. And he did have some attitude issues in Minnesota. Like you said, there was talk of Moss mailing it in with Brady going down, but he hasn't. He's tried to step up as leader in the locker room and keep the spirit up. The numbers might not be as strong, but there is reasoning behind it, like I mentioned earlier.

It's similar to when Brad was in for Romo with TO, to an extent.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #939
chumdawg
Guru

I needed LT to catch that ball! But...they are going to overtime. Perhaps I will recover the statistics.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #940
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I needed LT to catch that ball! But...they are going to overtime. Perhaps I will recover the statistics.
You sure they're going to overtime?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #941
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
You sure they're going to overtime?
Good point!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #942
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison ran that route short. He's gotta know better than that.

*edit* No chum, it looks like you may well be correct now, because of Marvin's gaffe.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-23-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #943
chumdawg
Guru

Just give me the overtime!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #944
LonghornDub

Go Peyton! (sorry chum)

Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #945
LonghornDub

What a ballsy call that was.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #946
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

a must win for team alby, and they pulled through for me!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #947
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I may have gave away this weeks game against flac, I didn't switch out Brandon Jacobs heh.

Edit: oh wow, Plexico Burress is out the rest of the game after the first series too. So we're both down a player.
Plus I got -4 from McNabb. Had I started Orton, and Bruce, who had a big day for the 49ers for the first time in forever, I'd be pretty happy with things right now. But alas..I didn't. Because I can't see the future.

No matter how much we all want to feel like we're in control, FF is all about luck.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #948
BGMaverick9
Guru

yeah, I'm more than likely going to lose to U2. Then shaggy, who hasn't changed his roster since like week 7 (SJax starting the entire time) is close to beating jthig and leaving me outside the playoff picturing going into the final week against nike.

It sucks...but what can you do?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-24-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #949
chumdawg
Guru

Screw the ESPN league. i try to make adjustments, and I still lose.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #950
BGMaverick9
Guru

Either way for me next week, I have to get a win and I have to hope he loses. It's not all in my control unfortunately.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:16 AM   #951
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
yeah, I'm more than likely going to lose to U2. Then shaggy, who hasn't changed his roster since like week 7 (SJax starting the entire time) is close to beating jthig and leaving me outside the playoff picturing going into the final week against nike.

It sucks...but what can you do?
Beast mode?

Contact Me
Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 AM   #952
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm having a Team Meeting tomorrow...Jennings is excused b/c he has to play. It might be a lost cause but he needs to be prepped either way.

It's a tough battle next week with Nikeball, but I'll make sure I'm prepared as much as possible and hope for the best with Shaggy.

I like where your head is at though alby.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #953
alby
Guru

I'm so glad I picked D-Mac back up. Keeper???

Contact Me
Old 11-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #954
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Either way for me next week, I have to get a win and I have to hope he loses. It's not all in my control unfortunately.
No you don't, at least yet Shaggy hasn't won yet. The only player he has left is Deuce McAlister and he's questionable for MNF, and he's down 10 points. Let's just wait and see what happens tonight.

But I'm surprised your team went south since you beat me a few weeks ago.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-24-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:38 AM   #955
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I'm so glad I picked D-Mac back up. Keeper???
With your awesome receiving core and two good QBs, I don't think he would be IMO.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #956
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
No you don't, at least yet Shaggy hasn't won yet. The only player he has left is Deuce McAlister and he's questionable for MNF, and he's down 10 points. Let's just wait and see what happens tonight.

But I'm surprised your team went south since you beat me a few weeks ago.
I wouldn't say went south...lol
That was two weeks ago. I was on a 3 game win streak then went up against jthig #2 in our league and scored 148 and still lost. That was definitely in the top 3 or 4 for scoring in the week. The standings have been tight for the past 4-6 weeks and it was all wide open where 2 games could have you in first or out the door. My team is streaky 3 wins, 4 loses, 3 wins, now likely 2 loses.

I would need Jennings to absolutely go off for me to win this week. If that happens and Shaggy loses...then next week won't matter, I'll clinch tonight. It's pretty doubtful though. Either way, it's in my best interest to win next week...whether he wins or loses tonight.
Flacolaco, would you be so kind and take him out for me next week, need the help!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #957
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It is very doubtful.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #958
BGMaverick9
Guru

Come on now.

There has to be a little bit of hope left under that crying brown-bag.

For me!!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #959
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, if I can just hang on I will feel very lucky to have won when Housh and Fitz had such bad weeks.

Thank you Matt Cassell. At least this time I played him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #960
BGMaverick9
Guru

Yup...I think that 42 last week definitely singled, "START ME or suffer the consequences"

Tags
6 points per fluff, fantasy, fantasy fluff, your mom is my fantasy