Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #721
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Butler getting used to easy buckets

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Caron Butler has an interesting explanation for his difficulty finishing around the basket in his first two games with the Mavericks: He has to get used to being fed easy buckets.

"I’m not used to getting the ball in such great position," said Butler, who was 0-of-5 in the paint during his 6-of-16 Wednesday night. "Jason Kidd is finding you and getting you the ball, and it’s like, ‘Whoa.’ I’m getting used to that.

"I don’t even have to think about trying to create for others or finding my own shot. I’m already in position. Only thing I’ve got to do is finish. It’s a new adjustment."

Maybe the trip to Orlando will snap Butler out of his mini-slump. He scored 31, including a game-winning jumper, when the Washington Wizards played here before the All-Star break.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...o-easy-buckets
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #722
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

That's what Kidd does, he will get you catch and finishes, guys in the league are not use to it. Everyone's gone MJ in this league, create your own stuff. The one guy who never realized he had it great with Kidd was VC. Kidd would find him open, only to have VC, catch, jab step, jab step, and brick a jumper, or immediately put the rock on the floor trying to create. VC would have put up who knows how many more points if he played basketball. Even Frank got frustrated with VC at times, labeling it hard to teach an old dog new tricks. At least Butler realizes it and is trying to finish what Kidd has started, hopefully it will become fluid. Haywood has it down.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #723
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
That's what Kidd does, he will get you catch and finishes, guys in the league are not use to it. Everyone's gone MJ in this league, create your own stuff. The one guy who never realized he had it great with Kidd was VC. Kidd would find him open, only to have VC, catch, jab step, jab step, and brick a jumper, or immediately put the rock on the floor trying to create. VC would have put up who knows how many more points if he played basketball. Even Frank got frustrated with VC at times, labeling it hard to teach an old dog new tricks. At least Butler realizes it and is trying to finish what Kidd has started, hopefully it will become fluid. Haywood has it down.
Catching and shooting is not easy. Especially when the passes are far way and you have to look away from the basket to catch it. They are not perfect rhythm passes. Btw I'm not seeing many open shots in this game at all. I guess Orlando has got to be given credit for some of it but the offense just doesn't look that easy. Kidd and Barea need to step it up this second half.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #724
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Haywood Factors Quickly Into Mavs' Run At Lakers

ORLANDO –Brendan Haywood thought he was coming to Dallas to give the Mavericks some much-needed and more-reliable depth behind starting center Erick Dampier.

That plan lasted one game.

Haywood now must become the workhorse -- getting his second consecutive start Friday night against the Orlando Magic -- who is expected to do everything Dampier used to do, and more.

Dampier fractured the middle finger of his right hand Tuesday and is expected to miss a month before he returns, which has made last weekend's trade for Haywood and Caron Butler from Washington especially fortuitous for the Mavs.

"We were fortunate to have Brendan here. If he wasn't, we'd certainly be in a different kind of scramble mode right now,'' said Mavs coach Rick Carlisle. "There is no substitute for a second, seven-footer.''

Haywood's first start was nearly flawless in Wednesday night's victory over Phoenix. In 34 minutes, he had 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting, nine rebounds and five blocks. His past success against Orlando and Dwight Howard also gives the Mavs a good shot Friday night.

"It's kind of like being thrown right into the fire,'' Haywood said after a Friday morning workout. "I'm still feeling my way, trying to find my niche. I didn't come with any real expectations, except that I was joining a really good team.''

Haywood and Butler still haven't had a real practice with the Mavs, in the midst of a four-games-in-five-nights stretch, but they already feel a major difference between the two teams.

"Here, they expect to win every game,'' Haywood said. "Before (in Washington), we hoped we could win.''

They've gone from a sinking ship and the chaos that surrounded Gilbert Arenas, to a team that now thinks it legitimately can challenge the defending NBA champion Lakers.

"Can we compete with the Lakers now?'' Haywood asked. "Yes we can. And I think it will be a very entertaining series. We'll definitely have a shot to win it, too.''

Butler will be starting his third consecutive game Friday night alongside point guard Jason Kidd, who is quite the contrast from Arenas, who was a score-first, pass-second point guard.

"They have a real floor general here,'' Butler said. "And nobody cares about personal accolades. It's all team-oriented here. You get to your spot on the floor, and they find you. It's been fun learning the system on the fly.''

With a much-better team around him now, Butler is unlikely to be the 20-point-per-game scorer he was in Washington the last few years, but he'll be a happier one.

"That (beating the Lakers) is the plan. That's why the moves were made, to compete with the Lakers,'' Butler said. "They are the team to beat, and I'm looking forward to that challenge.''
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/19/h...run-at-lakers/
Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #725
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post

DAMN STRAIGHT!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #726
monty55555
Platinum Member

Smooth Like Butler

Quote:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

“Hello? Hey, this is Caron…Caron Butler.”

In this line of work it’s not unusual to get calls from coaches, players and sources. It is unusual, though, to receive calls from NBA players at 7:30 AM. But this past Friday, that’s when two-time All-Star Caron Butler rang my cell.

Twelve hours prior to his call, Caron’s people and I were hard at work trying to find a good time for us to talk. After some haggling, we worked it out that the recently traded Butler would give me a shout at 9:30 AM. Of course, calling me at 9:30 my time meant that Caron was dialing me up at 8:30 Dallas time. By calling so early, he was putting himself out and doing me a solid. A major solid.

So when my phone started ringing at 8:30 AM, I was caught off guard. I was actually still in bed. I didn’t actually expect Caron to call on time, let alone early. So when I picked up and heard Caron yawning hello on the other end of the line, I nearly dropped the phone. Somehow we had crossed wires, and he had woken up to call me at 7:30 his time, thinking he had to reach me at 8:30 my time. I felt bad, but not bad enough to tell him to go catch a nap and call back later. Nope. Instead the newest Dallas Maverick and I chopped it up for a few, then he went to get ready for his third game as a member of the Mavericks.

So while there was a lot of yawning omitted, here’s what one of the true professionals in the NBA had to say:

SLAM: Thanks so much for calling so early.
Caron Butler: Yeah, it’s cool.

SLAM: How did you find out about your trade from the Wizards? Where were you at when it went down?
CB: I was at home. I got wind of it already from management. And the owner, Mrs. Pollin, she had called me to let me know there was going to be some changes. And I couldn’t do nothing but respect that. Obviously what was going on wasn’t working; so it wasn’t like a shock like a lot of people [who are traded] get.

SLAM: Wow. Mrs. Pollin called you herself. How much did that mean to you?
CB: It meant a lot. It really did mean a lot. I went above and beyond for that organization, and I’m deeply rooted into the community. So for her to reach out to me, that did mean a lot.

SLAM: After hearing the news, what was the first emotion you felt? Relief? Sadness? Something else all together?
CB: Just leaving the city of Washington, there was a brief moment of sadness. You know, cause obviously [I] had some relationships there with people that are going to continue for the rest of our life, people that you really consider friends. That was the difficult thing. But at the same time, I understand the nature of this business—everything is subject to change. And I’m going into another situation that’s a great situation. It’s one of the best organizations in the League, and the owner’s really trying to get a championship and put the pieces together. So I feel great about what I’m a part of.

SLAM: When you got to Dallas what were your first impressions of the city itself?
CB: It was a lot going on. Obviously it was right after the All-Star game. A lot was going on. I haven’t really had an opportunity to go see the city, but the people have been great from the second I arrived off the airplane, greeting me and saying ‘welcome to Dallas.’ And they’re showing a lot of love, respect and appreciation for what I do. So that does mean a lot.

SLAM: What are your first impressions of the team? How are they different from the Wizards?
CB: I mean, obviously, we got one of the best point guards to ever play the game, Hall-of-Famer Jason Kidd, another Hall-of-Famer Dirk and we got so many other guys—Jason Terry, Shawn Marion—that have been around, and whose truly main objective is just winning. You know, and that’s just a fun thing to be a part of. My situation has just improved because I see light at the end of the tunnel. I’m on a team that always get 50 wins every season, and [Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry and the other guys] plus myself gives us a legit chance to compete for a title.

SLAM: It’s great just to be in the NBA, but how much better is it to be back in a Playoff race, to be competing for a ’chip?
CB: It’s great! It’s always great to be competing for something and obviously you want to be competing for the title every year, but realistically having a chance at getting it, we talking real, it’s just great, I’m happy just to be in this position.

SLAM: So have you talked to coach Carlisle about what he wants from you yet, about the kind of adjustments you’re going to have to make in your game?
CB: Coach told me to be as aggressive as possible. Told me to stay aggressive, to not switch up anything. He keeps telling me to remain aggressive at all times, to not second-guess anything. And that’s the type of encouragement you need from a coach. And we’re learning everything on the fly. I went out there and played— myself, Brendan [Haywood] and DeShawn [Stevenson]—after landing in the city and not being able to practice because of trade waivers and stuff wasn’t clear. So we just walked on the court and basically played pickup ball. So we’re learning the offense on the fly, and so far so good.

SLAM: You’ve been traded before, never mid-season though. How different is it? I mean, you were in Washington for almost five years.
CB: Yeah, all my other trades happened in the summer. You get an opportunity to adjust, get the family together and learn the offense through training camp. But this situation, a mid-season trade, has never happened before in my career, and everything’s happening so fast. Having less than 24 hours to come in and prepare for a situation is new, but it’s the business of the game and I understand it.

SLAM: So here in Dallas, title or bust?
CB: That’s what we hope. That’s the plan. Try to get a title. We have a realistic shot at doing it, long as these guys stay healthy.

SLAM: And then you plan on working out and staying around Dallas this summer?
CB: Yeah, just stick around. Get my living arrangements together, and just stick around and get adjusted to the city and the people. And I just [want to] focus on winning a title. That’s the main goal.

SLAM: You’ve played a few games already and I see you went back to wearing number four. What’s up with that?
CB: When I was in Washington I said that if I ever had to change my number again I would go back to my number four that I had in Miami. And the opportunity presented itself, so I went back to the number four.

SLAM: Last question: How good is it to play with Dirk Nowitzki? Does it look as good as it does on TV?
CB: Better. [Laughs] He draws so much attention. I’ve played with so many superstars, and it’s truly been great for me playing alongside Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas—guys that draw so much attention. And now, playing alongside a guy like Dirk is just unbelievable .

SLAM: CB, thanks for the early phone call…
CB: No problem at all.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...h-like-butler/

Caron seems to be a really great guy.

Last edited by monty55555; 02-22-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #727
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Caron is entirely too likable .

I love the part about what Carlisle wants from him.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #728
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Caron is entirely too likable .

I agree. You'll love him more in the next article I'm going to post. Wait a few minutes
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #729
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
New Maverick Caron Butler says good-bye in letter

The Washington Wizards traded Caron Butler to the Dallas Mavericks on Feb. 13.

Butler recently wrote a good-bye message in the Washington Post.

The letter reads as follows:

When you get traded, you don't get time to say goodbye. More important, you don't get the opportunity to say, "Thank you."

Thank you, to some of the best fans in the world. Representing you and representing this city has been an honor I will always cherish.

During my 4 1/2 years as a Wizard, I learned many valuable lessons, especially how to give back to the community. The most rewarding part of my time in Washington was meeting the incredible people of this city, and I will miss you all. Thank you to the countless individuals who helped me with the annual Coats for Kids, the Bike Brigade and my basketball camp. The memories are many and will never be replaced.

When I came to Washington, I dreamed of winning a championship. I thought I would play the rest of my career in this city, retire a Wizard and one day see my number hanging from the rafters at Verizon Center. I have learned that in basketball, as in life, nothing is guaranteed.

Thank you for the memories. My family and I will treasure them forever. Washington will always hold a special place in my heart.

Caron Butler, Dallas
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...-good-bye.html
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #730
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
That was nice. This was my favorite part:
Quote:
Caron Butler, Dallas
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #731
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

A classy dude who is also a badass. Deadly combination haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #732
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
+1. When Caron is aggressively attacking the basket this team is fun to watch. We also need him to shoot the mid-range jumper. That's money for him

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #733
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That was nice. This was my favorite part:
Me too

Such a classy guy.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #734
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh left the game injuried after 7minutes, landed on his knee Oden-like...

Josh injuried, Damp out, that trade saved the season for sure...

Last edited by sefant77; 02-22-2010 at 09:47 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #735
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Haywood is just beastly.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #736
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Stop it with the fadeaway Dirk.

Holy crap wrong thread, embrassing.

Last edited by JCmasta; 02-22-2010 at 10:27 PM.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #737
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this on db.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yv4a...ayer_embedded#
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #738
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Multi-millionaire makes his wife stealing straws at McDonalds because of his addiction
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #739
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

That straw thing is such a weird addiction. 60 straws a day? lmao
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #740
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Multi-millionaire makes his wife stealing straws at McDonalds because of his addiction
You know what they say, watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #741
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Jamison's hilarious! "Isn't that like dangerous? It's like, chemicals and stuff!" LOL

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #742
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Caron's story from his lips. very touching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArDcm...eature=related

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #743
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Josh is out for the season...

Ex-Mavericks forward Josh Howard out for season

12:39 PM CST on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Associated Press

WASHINGTON – The Washington Wizards say newly acquired forward Josh Howard will miss the remainder of the season after tearing a ligament in his left knee.

Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld made the announcement in a statement Tuesday.

Howard injured his anterior cruciate ligament Monday night in the first quarter of Washington's win over the Chicago Bulls, only his fourth game with the Wizards since being acquired from Dallas in a seven-player trade on Feb. 13.

He started three games for Washington and scored 14.5 points a game to help the Wizards go 3-1 since the deal. He has averaged 15.3 points and 6.0 rebounds since his 2003-04 rookie season with the Mavericks.

No decision has been announced on whether Howard would have surgery.

GREAT TRADE
Old 02-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #744
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

Stand up guy with an amazing story. What a trade ... what a trade.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #745
monty55555
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

Amazing video. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #746
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I'm going to the game tomorrow night, and I'm picking up this straw chewing routine for one night

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #747
dude1394
Guru

I'm really liking what the haywood hammer is bringing. He's rebounding, he's contesting, he's competing but he's doing it smart. He knows he's the guy out there and he doesn't need to pick up quick/cheap ones. Damp has so many times taken himself out of games with silly fouls.. Good stuff.

Quote:
"I have to be smart but I can't play scared. I can't take a silly foul early on, because they're too big for our backups. But at the same time, I can't just give up layups and inside position, because that will hit us as well."

Haywood is coming off of a 13-point, career-high tying 20-rebound night against Indiana in a 91-82 home win.
"As far as the points go, I basically just thank Jason Kidd for those," Haywood added. "If you're active and around the basket, he'll find you."
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #748
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

LOL @ Caroon being a straw pro and knowing the difference

I actually tend to chew on straws as well but only after I drink something with one
Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #749
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be as cool if he chewed on a pacifier?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #750
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Would it be as cool if he chewed on a pacifier?
No I dont think soo
Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #751
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Which trade was better...this one with the Mavs gaining Butler/Haywood and Ste...or the Cowboys trading away Walker for draft pics and some scrubs, which lead to E. Smith and 3 Titles?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #752
Obedon

Obedon is on a distinguished road

Looking at Butler's past stats, he seems bit of an injury prone? Maybe I'm wrong but in the past 3 full seasons with the Wizards, he has played 63, 58, 67 respectively. Obviously, I don't follow the Wiz so I have no idea what's going on there but looking purely at the stats, I hope he doesn't go Howard on us in terms of injury. So far, I like what he brings to us so him getting injured will kill our chances.
Obedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #753
WizFan

WizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obedon View Post
Looking at Butler's past stats, he seems bit of an injury prone? Maybe I'm wrong but in the past 3 full seasons with the Wizards, he has played 63, 58, 67 respectively. Obviously, I don't follow the Wiz so I have no idea what's going on there but looking purely at the stats, I hope he doesn't go Howard on us in terms of injury. So far, I like what he brings to us so him getting injured will kill our chances.
I can answer that for you.

We were in 1st place in the east after the all-star game and caron broke his hand blocking a shot off the backboard and was out for the season

besides that he missed games for very minor injurys like a twisted ankle. u know small things like that.
WizFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #754
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Kidd's take from last Friday regarding the outlook of the team and the new guys:

http://www.jasonkidd.com/node/283

Quote:
by JasonKidd.com Staff . www.JasonKidd.com

With his team in the midst of a four-game winning streak and basking in the glow of a Friday night win over the defending Eastern Conference Champion Orlando Magic, Jason Kidd took some time out this past Friday night in Orlando to talk with the JasonKidd.com staff.

At 36, Jason is still going strong (Getty Images).
In an exclusive interview, J-Kidd talked about how he feels about the team as currently constructed, the impact of each of the players the Mavericks added at the trade deadline, the uprising of point guards in the league, the continued of improvement of LeBron James and the battle the Mavericks face in trying to wrestle the Western Conference away from the Los Angeles Lakers, who the Mavs face tonight in Dallas:

Q: How do you feel about the talent level of this team after the trade for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson?

We have talent at each position. We're a veteran ball club and we understand what it takes to win. When you have a veteran ball club, you might be older, people might think you're slower but you have to use your wisdom and knowledge to win ball games and that's where we feel we have an advantage.

Q: What's gone into the process of integrating the new guys into the Mavs offense?

It's easy. When they've got talent, I just try to stay out of their way. For me, my job is just to get those guys the ball and let them do what they've done for years. Stevenson, Haywood and Caron, those guys are veteran guys. They know how to play. Those guys are all hungry. We needed that on this team and they've done great since they've come in.

Q: Is it more difficult learning how each of those players plays on the fly in the midst of a road trip?

This is four games in five nights. We're practicing and at the same time we're playing. Games are our practice. But we're a veteran ball club so I think that helps.

Sometimes the schedule can help you. We're throwing guys in to the fire and we're a veteran ball club. The beauty of this team is we want each other to be successful so we're helping each other out on the go. We all have one goal and that's to win. You can see that on the floor.

Q: What is the team chemistry like within the Mavericks locker room?

These guys are great guys. They have a great sense of humor and as we go on here, we're going to get to know these guys a lot better. We feel that we have a chance.

Q: What does Caron Butler bring to the table?

Caron is an All-Star. He plays hard on both ends, he runs the floor, so my job is just to get him the ball and let him do what he does best.

He's enjoying the opportunity that he has, a fresh start. He's a talent and that makes the game so much easier for us. That's what we talk about as a team. Being a veteran ball club, we don't have to take bad shots. There's always going to be someone open if we make the extra pass. He brings that to us, being able to knock open shots down or make the right play.

Q: How about Brendan Haywood?

Brendan makes us bigger. He gives us an offensive threat. You can throw it down to him and he has some skill. You can't look at him as just being a defender. He showed that tonight by finishing some plays and being able to get the ball in the post. He shoots a little hook shots and blocks shots defensively. He's a big guy and he makes us bigger.

Q: What is it like psychologically around the trade deadline with players coming and going so much?

Sometimes you feel good. You get a new lease on the game of basketball, a new situation. Sometimes, you don't like it, but at the end of the day you have a job to do and that's to play at a high-level.

Q: Who do you feel are the NBA's most impressive point guards right now?

There are a ton of point guards who impress me. You start with Steve Nash, Chris Paul and Deron Williams. I call those the veteran guys. Then you look at the next flight of the young guys. Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, these guys all know how to play the game and it's scary how young they are.

Nash is a two-time MVP. Chris Paul is always leading the league in assists, so it's hard to pick one. Deron can fill up the stat sheet too, so it's hard to just pick one.

Q: What have you seen this season in the development of LeBron James?

I think each year LeBron shows us something different. He's almost to the point of unstoppable. Now he's shooting the ball so well from the three-point line. He's so strong and so fast. He can get to the basket. It's great to see each year that he's added something new.

Q: A lot of people have already penciled the Lakers in to the NBA Finals. Do you think the Mavericks are a sleeper in the Western Conference?

The Lakers are a championship type team. We can't worry about LA, Denver, San Antonio, Utah. We have to just be concerned with ourselves. We have to go out there and get better each time we take the floor. At the end we'll see where we stack up, if we're fortunate enough to get to the playoffs. When the time presents itself, we just have to be ready.

Q: What does the team need to do down the stretch here to prepare for the playoffs?

However you want to look at it, we have 30 games left. We know what's at stake. We can't wait to start playing our best basketball. We have to start now. We got off to a good start in Oklahoma City, but we had one bad quarter. But that was something for us to learn from that we have to play defense if we want to win. I think everybody believes in that.

Q: How does it feel being a tribute to the stat book, as far as being second all time in assists, fifth in made threes, sixth in steals and third in triple-doubles? Do you ever step back and say 'Wow, I've played a lot of games?'

(Laughs.) I have played a lot of games. My body feels like I've played a lot of games. It's a great honor and my teammates have helped me achieve that. It just shows when you put in hard work in the offseason and you're determined, good things can happen.

Q Anything else you'd like to say to your fans and all your JasonKidd.com visitors?

Thanks for the support. We look forward to your continued support. Enjoy supporting the Mavs and hopefully we'll see you with that big trophy.

NEXT UP
Jason Kidd and the fresh-faced Mavericks are ready for the ultimate challenge, taking on the defending World Champion Los Angeles Lakers tonight at American Airlines Center.

The Mavs are riding high on a four-game win streak and have home-court advantage tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers.

No. 2 knows the Lakers aren��TMt a team to be taken lightly. He compared the Lakers to a large hurdle, as he told the Star Telegram:

"At the end of the day, if you can��TMt get past them, you��TMre not going anywhere," Jason said. "For us to get a win tomorrow against the Lakers would be big, for us to have 2-2 against them. To beat them at their place, and then to come here and protect home tomorrow would be huge, in that sense. But it��TMs another game for us to try to get a W."
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #755
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

put Stevenson in the thread title...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #756
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
put Stevenson in the thread title...
Co-sign.

He earned it tonight.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #757
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

We owe Gilbert Arenas a big thank you.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 AM   #758
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i just noticed gooden went for 20, 13, and 4 tonight, kind of makes me wish we still had him for our backup instead of najera
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 AM   #759
Obedon

Obedon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizFan View Post
I can answer that for you.

We were in 1st place in the east after the all-star game and caron broke his hand blocking a shot off the backboard and was out for the season

besides that he missed games for very minor injurys like a twisted ankle. u know small things like that.
Thanks, but ouch. Right after I said it, Butler misses a game lol

Hopefully, it's not serious! Cheers for the details again!

Last edited by Obedon; 02-25-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Obedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #760
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
i just noticed gooden went for 20, 13, and 4 tonight, kind of makes me wish we still had him for our backup instead of najera
ok so does that mean that the Clips are going to keep him for a while?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand larceny, iluvtags, now we like our team, thisthreadistoolong, urmomspenisistoolong, who's dinnie?