Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Cool Let's get Okafor

Okay, the clippers need to replace Brand and it is thought they might offer Okafor a contract that the Bobcats think is too big to match (according to chad ford). The Bobcats would like to get something in return so........

Damp/Stack/Bass
for

Okafor resigned at 15 or 16 mill

Charlotte gets a reasonably good center, Stack is from NC and will be going home, and Bass is extra talent.

Mav's get a very good center and get younger with our starting and backup centers both 25.

Okafor/Diop
Dirk/singleton
Howard/singleton/Green
Terry/Green/Foster/Terry
Kidd/Terry/jjb/Seibultis

We still have Jones and George to package for some depth or a better 2 (Artest?)
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman
We still have Jones and George to package for some depth or a better 2 (Artest?)
I doubt those two will yield Artest...

While I do like the idea of bringing in a legit big, I still feel like our hole at the 2 will be our Achilles heel...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I doubt those two will yield Artest...

While I do like the idea of bringing in a legit big, I still feel like our hole at the 2 will be our Achilles heel...
Maybe not, but I have heard that Sac wants to get rid of Artest, and not many teams are willing to take a chance with him.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Dallas get Okafor while still keeping Dirk, Kidd, Howard, Terry, and Diop.

Add to it a resigned Wright which I have no idea why Dallas hasn't done, and a resigned Allen, and I'd take that eight for the playoffs.

Kidd, Wright, Howard, Dirk, Okafor
Terry (combo guard), Allen (SF/PF), Diop (C - but could move Okafor into PF role).

I'd love to see them take their chances with that team.

They would still have JJB, Green, RTerry, Siebulus, etc to see if they could contribute.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe not, but I have heard that Sac wants to get rid of Artest, and not many teams are willing to take a chance with him.
Well, that type of scenario helped the Cowboys acquire Pacman Jones - maybe the Mavs will have the same kind of luck?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I'd love to see Dallas get Okafor while still keeping Dirk, Kidd, Howard, Terry, and Diop.
That's the only way Okafor could make a difference - he doesn't bring enough to the table to make up for losing one of those guys (but he certainly would be effective in that lineup!)

Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
Eman

And He's 25
Old 07-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's the only way Okafor could make a difference - he doesn't bring enough to the table to make up for losing one of those guys (but he certainly would be effective in that lineup!)
With Okafor, Dirk can't be doubled on the perimeter near as easily.

They would be able to play any style much easier.

Okafor wouldn't have to be the #1 option either. I can't imagine how he would blossom with the attention that has to be paid to Dirk.

Dirk needs rest, bring in Diop, and move Okafor to PF.

With this scenerio.
You have your shooter in JET. You have your penetrating and controlling PG in Kidd. You have a (well I have seen it before he was the number 2 option) slasher in JHo. You have a perimeter defender in Wright (I hope) - who can slash a little and knock down the 3. You have an inside force who can defend the rim in Okafor. You have a backup defend the rim and pick up the trash guy in Diop. And of course, you have your superstar in Dirk.

They would be as well, if not better rounded than NO and Utah (which are both very well rounded teams -- they are just not quite experienced or talented enough; which they may be this year).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

don't waste your time with okafor. You need J. Rich more than okafor.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashjan
don't waste your time with okafor. You need J. Rich more than okafor.
Why?

JRich is a good SG who can slash. Yes, Dallas could use a SG that is consistent at that.

Look for massive zone with the ball being doubled out of Dirks hands though if that is the case.

JRich is still not a sharpshooter, and can't get easy inside buckets against one man inside.
Terry hits the floor then, and the middle is still jammed.

Change the thought process. Dirk is doubled on the perimeter from the zone, he get the ball to Okafor inside. Okafor can't be doubled as well, so he either is one on one, or can hit the man who they doubled off of as a backside cutter.

JRich takes the ball out of Dirks, hands to create. Okafor works inside out with Dirk.

I just don't understand why people think SG is more important than a true inside scoring C to be partnered with Dirk. I can understand it with Duncan, but not with Dirk because he plays on the perimeter. Carter and Jefferson didn't work, why do people think Dirk and awesome SG will?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
I just don't understand why people think SG is more important than a true inside scoring C to be partnered with Dirk. I can understand it with Duncan, but not with Dirk because he plays on the perimeter. Carter and Jefferson didn't work, why do people think Dirk and awesome SG will?
Personally, I think we need a great center more than a great shooting guard, but which one is more likely to happen with Damp's contract stinkin' up the joint?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Personally, I think we need a great center more than a great shooting guard, but which one is more likely to happen with Damp's contract stinkin' up the joint?
Lakers became Great with Gasol who is only a moderate inside force.

Boston has Garnett.

NO has West.

Utah has Boozer.

Houston has Yao.

SA has Duncan.

Pho has Shaq and Amare (although they need an outside shooting Big, and Shaq to be Amare's backup now, IMO).

Philly can go inside to Brand now.

Orlando has DHoward.

Portland has Oden.

Detroit has RWallace to keep teams honest.

Cavs have Big Z (although he is not really an inside player, but is enough when healthy to keep the bigs from doubling LBJ and continually knocking him to the ground)

Dallas uses Dirk there sometimes, but it is not Dirk's Strength........Why not get that player if they can??????????????????

They have already lost out on JO and Brand. Who else is available that they can have a shot at?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
Underdog

Quote:

Why not get that player if they can??????????????????

They have already lost out on JO and Brand.
Who says we had a shot at those guys? I'm not sure what Toronto's cap situation looks like, but the 76ers had hella space to sign Brand - we don't have that luxury at 30MM (or wherever we are now) over the cap... And it's not like anyone is trading those guys for any package that includes Dampier...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Who says we had a shot at those guys? I'm not sure what Toronto's cap situation looks like, but the 76ers had hella space to sign Brand - we don't have that luxury at 30MM (or wherever we are now) over the cap... And it's not like anyone is trading those guys for any package that includes Dampier...
Agreed

Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
Underdog

Quote:
Agreed
Damn, don't agree - lie to me so I'll feel better!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Damn, don't agree - lie to me so I'll feel better!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Underdog again.

LIE TO ME AS WELL........................

Old 07-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Okafor/Richardson for Damp/Stack/Terry/Jones? Josh for Artest (Better defense)...

Diop/Okafor
Okafor/Dirk
Dirk/Artest/Green
Richardson/Artest/Green
Kidd/Barea

..Possible?
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Okafor/Richardson for Damp/Stack/Terry/Jones? Josh for Artest (Better defense)...

Diop/Okafor
Okafor/Dirk
Dirk/Artest/Green
Richardson/Artest/Green
Kidd/Barea

..Possible?
No, not possible... But those are the kinds of "lies" that help me sleep better at night - thanks!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:

Diop/Okafor
Okafor/Dirk
Dirk/Artest/Green
Richardson/Artest/Green
Kidd/Barea

..Possible?
Okafor/Diop
Dirk/Okafor
Artest/Green
Richardson/Wright
Kidd/ Barea

Now we have a dream.....................

Old 07-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Diop/Okafor
Okafor/Dirk
Dirk/Artest/Green
Richardson/Artest/Green
Kidd/Barea

..Possible?
i dont think so
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #21
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

If it were possible, i would be all up for this.

But would you give up Okafur for that bag of clams?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:06 AM   #22
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I'd trade Damp and bullsh@t for Okafor!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:45 AM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i'd love to have okafor, he will get us a double double everynight.

i'd support all that S

Last edited by MavsX; 07-11-2008 at 06:45 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #24
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I would support it, but the deal won't happen
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

if we traded damp and garbage for Okafor i would eat my shoe. I would be very excited.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
if we traded damp and garbage for Okafor i would eat my shoe.
I'd eat your shoe too...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #27
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'd eat your shoe too...

i got that saved, for when it happens!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
i got that saved, for when it happens!
Seriously - the moment we trade Damp & garbage for Okafor, you PM me and tell me where to meet you... I'll take pictures of me literally eating your shoe for the folks on D-M to enjoy!

(wait - what size/brand do you wear?)

Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #29
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Seriously - the moment we trade Damp & garbage for Okafor, you PM me and tell me where to meet you... I'll take pictures of me literally eating your shoe for the folks on D-M to enjoy!

(wait - what size/brand do you wear?)
I'd understand a new shoe, but a well worn one by MavX --- I don't think so.....

No matter the size or brand.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
I'd understand a new shoe, but a well worn one by MavX --- I don't think so.....

No matter the size or brand.
I agree, but look at the terms of the deal (Damp-for-Okafor) - it's never gonna happen!

(the only bet I make is the non-bet - but I WILL honor the deal if reality proves me wrong...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #31
Eman

Quote:
I agree, but look at the terms of the deal (Damp-for-Okafor) - it's never gonna happen!

(the only bet I make is the non-bet - but I WILL honor the deal if reality proves me wrong...)

the trade would be damp/stack/bass for okafor + filler resigned at 14 or 15 mill.

Charlotte would get a decent center plus an up and coming young power forward and cap relief (Stack expiring). 2 for 1. we would simply upgrade our starting 5 but weaken our bench a bit. Not out of the realm of possibility. I think Bass is valuable to many teams, not as much to us because we have Howard and Dirk playing those two spots for a long time.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
the trade would be damp/stack/bass for okafor + filler resigned at 14 or 15 mill.

Charlotte would get a decent center plus an up and coming young power forward and cap relief (Stack expiring). 2 for 1. we would simply upgrade our starting 5 but weaken our bench a bit. Not out of the realm of possibility. I think Bass is valuable to many teams, not as much to us because we have Howard and Dirk playing those two spots for a long time.
I understand that Damp isn't the only person in the trade, I'm just saying that we're NEVER getting rid of Damp('s contract) until he's expiring...

Old 07-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

we need to all email cuban and be like:

"Look cuban, i need you to do this deal. I got this guy on d-m.com who is gonna eat MavsX's shoe if the deal gets done. Now make it happen."

haha.

edit: new balance 992. size 10. (2 pairs) I wear the black ones outdoors, and i got a grey pair that i wear indoors only.

Last edited by MavsX; 07-11-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
new balance 992. size 10.
I hope New Balance tastes as good as they are comfortable!

Old 07-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #35
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
I hope New Balance tastes as good as they are comfortable!

I don't own socks.

.....just kidding.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #36
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Stockings are still socks....
Old 07-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Stockings are still socks....

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"Let's get Okafor".....I agree.

Does he need a ride or something?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #39
Underdog

The Mavs were never in the __________ race in the first place...

Quote:
Clips can offer Bobcats Okafor $10 mil a year

I'd say there's an 80 percent chance Emeka Okafor is a Bobcat next season and a 50 percent chance he's around for the long haul. It takes courage and conviction to turn down the $60million-plus Okafor did last summer, to become a restricted free agent. Now he gets to enjoy being wooed by the Bobcats and others. The negotiations have been courteous. Okafor went out of his way last season to say he appreciated what the Bobcats offered, and that his preference is to stay with the team that drafted him four years ago. Still, there's no sense reaching free agency unless you're open to changing teams. The flavor of the moment is the Clippers, whose loss of Elton Brand leaves them short a power forward but holding abundant salary-cap room. I'm told it would be no problem for the Clippers to start a contract in the $10million to $12million range, so with annual raises they could offer at least as much as the Bobcats did. -- Charlotte Observer

Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Mavs were never in the __________ race in the first place...
SNT -- Damp makes that much.

Add to him something that Brown/Jordan covets (not sure who here), and see what happens.