Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, all three of the LOTR movies were filmed at once. They just filmed one really long movie and split it into three parts. So you save a ton of money on the relocations of everyone to the sets and all that stuff.

All the costs based upon the actual getting to the places to shoot would be fairly constant, so you could see where they would save a ton of money there.

That's also why the budgets are so similar, 93, 94 and 94. They took the total production cost of the one long shoot and diivided it by 3.

I don't know if they can get away with filming the next two at the same time either. A few years are supposed to pass in Narnia between Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and the children are supposed to be one full year older. Hard to make that happen artificially with children unless they get ALOT older and you can just use older actors.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-10-2006 at 02:58 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #122
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, JThig, it also took around a year to film all three of the LOTR's...so, it could take several months to film two films of Chronicles which would help out with the whole aging thing.

And that was my point about LOTR..that they filmed all at once so maybe Chronicles could try something similar... It's just a thought because I'd like to see alot of the books made into movies..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, if they could figure out a way to do it, that would be an answer.

No matter how successful the next one(s) is(are), I don't see them doing more than four, because three of them would not make good movies, at least imo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #124
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update, King Kong is now over $500 million worldwide
Chronicles is near $600 million.
If you would have asked me before either movie came out, I wouldn't projected anything like that for Chronicles. That's probably about what I would have thought for Kong, but Chronicles staying power and overseas numbers have been amazing.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #125
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Just to update Chronicles is near $600 million.
thus insuring a movie version of Prince Caspian...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #126
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
thus insuring a movie version of Prince Caspian...
we really should not underrate the value of a movie that parents feel safe taking their children to see that they really want to see as well....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #127
Murphy3
Guru

It's odd that parents feel 'safe' taking their kids to the movie considering that it shows children around the age of 10 to 12 actually killing other living things in rather intense fighting scenes.

Hell, after they finish watching that movie, take them home and let them watch Unfaithful so that they can catch a shot at Diane Lane's breasts and let them cap it off with a 6 pack of Bud and a couple of shots of Evan Williams.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-22-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:25 AM   #128
sike
The Preacha

parents feel safe because they know the moral of the book...they also feel a closeness to the story from reading them as kids...the fighting scenes are rather tame...

Old 01-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #129
Murphy3
Guru

They're still filled with children killing... Your kids need to be watching the teletubbies or something.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #130
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
They're still filled with children killing... Your kids need to be watching the teletubbies or something.
murphy3....the moral watchdog

Old 01-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #131
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this thread died and went to sparedom.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #132
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I thought this thread died and went to sparedom.
it became Narnia/Kids should not see violence talk....which did bring out the spare quality

Last edited by sike; 01-23-2006 at 06:03 PM.