Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cyclops Kitty

Cy, short for Cyclopes, a kitten born with only one eye and no nose, is shown in this photo provided by its owner in Redmond, Oregon, on Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005. The kitten, a ragdoll breed, which died after living for one day, was one of two in the litter. Its sibling was born normal and healthy. (AP Photo/Traci Allen)
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

eeek...nightmares..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Note to self: It would be a good name for a rock band.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
Note to self: It would be a good name for a rock band.
As long as I get free media and backstage passes when you hit it big.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
As long as I get free media and backstage passes when you hit it big.
done. doc plus one backstage to see the hottest band in town: (read outloud with deep thunderous voice and much reverb) CYCLOPS KITTY!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

how sad...and freaky....

my personal favorite song of CYCLOPS KITTY is "I can't smell ya...but I see ya without depth perception!"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Genius.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wow I can't give +rep love to anyone in here....gotta spread it around a bit more....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
how sad...and freaky....

my personal favorite song of CYCLOPS KITTY is "I can't smell ya...but I see ya without depth perception!"
We're working on another potential hit right now, "crying my eye out over you..."
Old 01-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That's great....

I want to hear y'alls redo of the old classic "Don't it make my Brown eye Blue".
Old 01-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
XERXES
Diamond Member

you'll have to wait, first we're recording a rock cover of the willie nelson classic "blue eye crying in the rain."
Old 01-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I figured that would be the case. Now I'll have to wait for that one as well as the remake of "Sweet Child of Mine".... my favorite line from that song? "She's got eye of the bluest sky".

(okay, that was a stretch)

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-10-2006 at 11:55 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

though it lacked the comercial success of other records...I still loved yalls cover of "Brown Eyed Girl"...

Old 01-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
though it lacked the comercial success of other records...I still loved yalls cover of "Brown Eyed Girl"...
No.... you have the name wrong, it's "Brown Eye Girl".
Old 01-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

oh....some say tomato....

Old 01-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

I feel so dirty for laughing so hard. HA!
Old 01-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

I hear that Cyclops Kitty is going to do a gospel track.....sorry in advance.....

His eye is on the sparrow.

Now I really feel dirty...

One more regular track.....I only have Eye for you.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-10-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It's okay Doc.... it's addictive I know....

If the cat were a Chihuahua maybe Cyclops Kitty could do a rendition of "Spanish Eye"
Old 01-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #19
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

"eye of the (itty bitty, noseless) tiger"

"wish i knew if it smelt like teen spirit"

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 01-10-2006 at 02:18 PM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut
"wish i knew if it smelt like teen spirit"
That's great....

I guess they won't be doing a rendition of Weezer's "Dope Nose", or Skynard's "That Smell".
Old 01-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #21
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Well, eye can see that you all are going to hell. [gives self negative rep]
Old 01-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #22
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

No one knows what it's like,
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind Blue Eye
Old 01-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #23
XERXES
Diamond Member

this thread is making me laugh out loud hysterically!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Please do some jazz, Xerxes:

jeepers, creeper, where'd you get that peeper?
Gosh, all git up, how'd it get that size?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #25
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

turn around, bright eye...
Old 01-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #26
sike
The Preacha

and who could forget the smash hit "The (sigular) Look of Love"

Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I feel dirty for having read all of this!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #28
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Please do some jazz, Xerxes:

jeepers, creeper, where'd you get that peeper?
Gosh, all git up, how'd it get that size?
some smooth jazz coming up for UL.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

**bracing self**
Old 01-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Baby Blue was the color of her eye...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #31
XERXES
Diamond Member

Listen all of these requests are great and all, but we're trying to focus on recording our badass version of the billy idol hit (and appropriately named):

(drumroll please)

(extended drumroll - crowd starts yawning)

"eye without a face"

Last edited by XERXES; 01-11-2006 at 05:10 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

another good cover might be metallica's enter the sandman:

"Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight"

. . . but of course, you'd have to do the smooth jazz version.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #33
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Doc, where'd you get the picture?

It looks like an adult sized eye... and the eye opened the day the kitten was born? Aren't these facts just as phenominal? Was the kitten donated to science?
Old 01-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Doc, where'd you get the picture?

It looks like an adult sized eye... and the eye opened the day the kitten was born? Aren't these facts just as phenominal? Was the kitten donated to science?

The story hit the AP wire and was run concurrently by CNN, Foxnews, Yahoo news, and US News (the ones I know of). Outside of the written material of the story I have no other information.

It's always good to keep one eye on the news.

I couldn't resist.....
Old 01-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #35
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Eye have to agree Doc.....

(sorry... wait no Eye'm not)
Old 01-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #36
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I was sooo hoping to read some scientific report on it.

Keep your eye peeled... [for any scientific explanations]
Old 01-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Man, I don't know why these eye jokes send me into a frantic laughing fit everytime I read one. Heck, I laughed at myself for a good minute before I hit the Post button on the one above.

After all, the poor kitten died. I guess it couldn't see eye to eye with trying to make it in this world. Or smell the victory of success for that matter.

(Okay, I'm done)
Old 01-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #38
Smiles
Diamond Member

YOu're killing me here!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #39
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

this story was on the wfaa.com front page yesterday. I shared it with my students and some of the content of this thread because we were studying Shakespeare and his use of puns. My 1st period is a tough crowd, and they didn't laugh at ANY of it. Thank goodness for my next two classes who thought the mateerial was a riot! They also called me a loser for spening so much time on this message board and thought even less of me when I told them that I consider all of you my friends (ok, so maybe not ALL of you... ). Anyway, thanks for the teaching material!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #40
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I always wondered whether being "one-eyed" was a figure of speech or a description. It gives the phrase "one-eyed cats fan" a whole new dimension!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote