Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Heroes

Anyone watching this show on NBC? My wife and I have become addicted to it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we had a mini discussion in the Grey's Anatomy thread.

Myself and BBL are watching it, Flac is watching for now, but isn't impressed.

I really, really liked the second episode. I am locked in for the forseeable future.

I hate how many shows I'm getting sucked into this year. I feel like I need to turn off Lost as soon as it ends tonight or I will get sucked into The 9, as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Yeah, I'm getting into this show, as well... I find Ali Larter's character/situation the most interesting, and probably the cheerleader as the least interesting...
Old 10-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

my wife and i very much enjoy the show, the only tv show besides the office that we make an effort to see. My favorite is that i get to shout "YA TOOOOOOIIIIII" every time i do anything. Iw as hoping that the brother would not be able to fly, ie only the politician could, i think that would have been more compelling.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I think the brothers and the flying is the least interesting....

Im trying to figure what's up with the little Japanese fellow....
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I find them all to be interesting. I enjoyed the cop storyline, I'd like to see more of him.

I'm not sure what's left to figure out about the Japanese fellow, at this point, unless you're referring to the very end of the last episode. Even then, I think it's most likely that he teleported through more time than he thought when he put himself in New York. You knew something was weird as soon as you saw the comic books already on the stand.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the cop was also the pilot of the lost plane....(that guy gets around )

has everyone noticed the odd symbol that is some how connected to everyone on Heroes?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm watching.....for now. Hope there is some development quickly though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1&page=7&pp=30

scroll down and you can see the "symbol" that was all over episode 2...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The f is in the DNA......interesting.

The data stream is Gattaca type DNA coding.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

the f was also in the artist's paintings...and at the house where the muder took place...the f was in the pool (the hose formed the f)...very cool.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

the picture looks like half of a DNA strand...

i read a theory on another board that i like a lot... that the one brother who originally thought he could fly - his power is not flying. he has abilities like rogue on X-Men, that he absorbs powers of those he comes in contact with.

he can fly because of his brother... but here's the kicker. he drew a picture of himself flying a couple feet off the ledge on the roof (when he was in the hospital)... after he had come in contact with the future-telling painter. his drawing was crude, of course, but it was a direct predeicter of the future. it would be sweet if the show went this route with him.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

i read a theory on another board that i like a lot... that the one brother who originally thought he could fly - his power is not flying. he has abilities like rogue on X-Men, that he absorbs powers of those he comes in contact with.

he can fly because of his brother... but here's the kicker. he drew a picture of himself flying a couple feet off the ledge on the roof (when he was in the hospital)... after he had come in contact with the future-telling painter. his drawing was crude, of course, but it was a direct predeicter of the future. it would be sweet if the show went this route with him.

wow..... I hadn't though of that AT ALL.

cool
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
he drew a picture of himself flying a couple feet off the ledge on the roof (when he was in the hospital)... after he had come in contact with the future-telling painter. his drawing was crude, of course, but it was a direct predeicter of the future. it would be sweet if the show went this route with him.
genius...I think that nailed it...but why was he having the dreams of flying before??

oh...and when did he come in contact with the painter?

Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
genius...I think that nailed it...but why was he having the dreams of flying before??

oh...and when did he come in contact with the painter?
The painter's girl took him over there and found him overdosed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, the dreams of flying are the only thing that throws that off a little bit. but it could just be that he thought he could fly because he could. and he only could because he was around his brother... but he did say he "hovered off the floor a little bit".

but still, i think that would be sweet.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

totally forgot...thanks....you jerk.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
but still, i think that would be sweet.
no doubt...seriously...not even a little.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #19
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:

Yup, that would make sense, especially since his character seems to be an empath-type of a person...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

anyone watch "the nine" last night....dang...it might be interesting.....

Old 10-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've watched Heroes so far...I can't tell you the last time that I've been more disappointed. I'll give it a couple of weeks, but I've thought that it was nothing short of bad last week.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

i'm going to give it time, but overall I agree with murph that the acting seems a bit sub par

Old 10-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I was so so on the first episode, but I really enjoyed the second episode.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i thought the second episode was much better. i didn't have super high expectations, but i think it's at least been interesting.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #25
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Tivo'd the second episode. Overall, i really like it, but the only thing i'm going to say about it is i don't think they did the best job balancing the different Heroes.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I love this show. Partly because it seems to be the second M.Night Shamalyan movie to become the premise of a tv show (6th sense -> medium), (unbreakable -> heroes).

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be like lost, where the story just wanders around with no real point for so long. [preparing to get flamed amidst this group]

good catch with the politician's brother. THe rogue-like powers would be cool.

Do ya'll think the cheerleader's dad is the serial killing head chopper (I forget his name). I was kinda hoping for an X-files type government agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You knew something was weird as soon as you saw the comic books already on the stand.
The future-seeing artist was author of the comics.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #27
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

The cop is Greg Grunberg (http://imdb.com/name/nm0342399/) aka Weiss on Alias, one of my favorite characters on TV. I totally watched this b/c of him, but it's been pretty good so far, I think. Anyone know if it did alright in the ratings? First wave of cancellations should be coming up soon, right?

Last edited by ames7; 10-07-2006 at 11:06 AM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #28
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

ames7,

I don't know the numbers, but I heard that the 1st to 2nd week retention ratings were very high (best since Medium), and much better than Studio60, which might be tanking. Considering what NBC has been doing with the Medium, I don't know if the ratings comparison is good or bad.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
The future-seeing artist was author of the comics.
Uh, yes, I'm aware of that. But he hadn't started making them when we saw him. He was just discovering his ability to paint the future.

So, seeing the comic books was an obvious sign that he was in the future.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #30
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
So, seeing the comic books was an obvious sign that he was in the future.
or a sign that whoever wrote them was able to see the future, when writing and them anytime in the past.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #31
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
The data stream is Gattaca type DNA coding.
man am I an idiot. Gattaca is one of my favorite movies, but I don't think I realized what "Gattaca" was til I saw the computer screeon on the page Sike linked.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
or a sign that whoever wrote them was able to see the future, when writing and them anytime in the past.
Well, I guess you can take it that way. But I thought it was pretty obvious that it was the second hint that more time had passed than he thought.

I'm willing to bet we see him drawing those comic books at some point in the next couple expisodes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #33
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

ratings: this was posted in the thread at AVS forum that is linked above:
Quote:
"...week two of NBC’s competing Heroes lived up to its title. Heroes averaged a comfortable 9.4/14 in the overnights (#2), 12.57 million viewers (#2) and a first-place 5.3/13 among adults 18-49, building from lead-in Deal or No Deal by a hefty 43 percent among adults 18-49. Retention for Heroes from its week-ago premiere (Overnights: #1, 9.7/14; Viewers: #1, 14.10 million; A18-49: 31, 5.9/14 on Sept. 25) was also solid at 97 percent in the overnights, 89 percent in total viewers and 90 percent among adults 18-49….”
jthig:
I don't understand how the japanese guy, Hiro, seeing himself in a comic book doing something that he did just moments ago (standing with arms outstretched in the middle of NYC) means that he is in the future. Also, in the discussion thread linked above is a screenshot of a comic-book panel that was at the artist studio (in progress) it's of the japanese guy, Hiro, talking to his friend over the phone, discovering the discrepency in dates, which I think happened after the visit to the studio.

I think he's had the ability for some time, he's just now discovering what he's been doing.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-07-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, like I said, it could go either way. I see your point, I just thought they would have shown us that he was working on a comic boook before that point. In the screen shot you reference, is it of a finished comic book, or one being worked on?

All I know is, the spinning clock, on the train was the first hint that he was traveling through more time than he realized. In my mind, the comic book was the second hint, and everything was confirmed later in the episode.

It is possible that I interpreted the comic book wrong, but it did lead me to the correct conclusion at least.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

BTW, Heroes has officially been picked up for the year.

Off topic, I'm going to be very, very upset if Studio 60 does poorly enough to be cancelled. That is a hell of a show.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #36
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
In the screen shot you reference, is it of a finished comic book, or one being worked on?
being worked on.

Quote:
All I know is, the spinning clock, on the train was the first hint that he was traveling through more time than he realized.
I totally missed that, and was surprised by the end. Very cool

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-07-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to say that The Nine and Jericho are significantly better so far.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #38
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

murphy, king of threadcraps. it never gets old.

i can't speak to "The Nine" (Tivo'd it but haven't watched it yet), but i have been watching "Jericho".

I would say that Heroes and Jericho are about equal as far as an interesting premise goes. actually, i might give an edge to Jericho. But the acting/character development in Heroes is much better, and that's saying something, because the acting and character develoment in Heroes hasn't been that great. Also, the side plots of Jericho are horrendous. and skeet's character being a freakin' macgyver is ridiculous. i'll continue to watch, because they keep having GREAT scenes in the last 5 minutes of the show. but the 55 minutes leading up to that is wearing thin.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-07-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

With Heroes, the guy from Felicity as a cop...just can't buy it...the same goes for the girl being an FBI agent..the one from Slaughterhouse Rules. It's just unbelievable.

As for the acting...I can't say that I agree that it's better in Heroes. I suppose some mediocre casting didn't help.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So, UL, do you believe that the comic book was from the future now?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game