Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #1121
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Had Ando and Matt ever crossed paths before? I can't think of anytime. Obviously Matt and Hiro saw each other in Kirby Plaza, but Matt was shot at the time.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #1122
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this episode has already been slightly better than the previous one...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #1123
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Had Ando and Matt ever crossed paths before? I can't think of anytime. Obviously Matt and Hiro saw each other in Kirby Plaza, but Matt was shot at the time.
they spoke as if they knew who each other were but were acting quietly about it...or maybe I just misread the scene...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #1124
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Claire is an idiot. I'd smack her if she wasn't so damn fine.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #1125
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Claire is an idiot. I'd smack her if she wasn't so damn fine.
she is a little girl...sigh

Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #1126
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
she is a little girl...sigh
She's 18. I'm 19. There is NOTHING weird about that.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #1127
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
She's 18. I'm 19. There is NOTHING weird about that.
haha...

I love the Haitian.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #1128
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That was interesting.

I think Claire is in for a tough season. She's obviously going to do something stupid or rebellious.

I still want to know what Mrs Petrelli's power is dangit....
Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #1129
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
haha...

I love the Haitian.
Yes! HRG and the Hatian ride again. I like that.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #1130
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Maybe her power is to detect other people's powers. That's how she *knew* that Peter and Nathan were special, and how she *knew* that Parkman was in her brain.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #1131
sike
The Preacha

much, MUCH better episode.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #1132
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yes! HRG and the Hatian ride again. I like that.
"welcome to copy kingdom" indeed!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #1133
sike
The Preacha

I'm glad that Kensi (sp) isn't just Hiro.

glad that we had another episode without nicessica

glad that we learned what the symbol means...

glad that Mrs. Petteli mentally pimp slapped Parkman

sad we didn't get any sylar or "new and yet to be unnamed bogeyman"

hate Peter's storyline...why would he agree to rob when he can just take the "box" back at any time using his plethora of powers? Dumb.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #1134
sike
The Preacha

no comments??? was no one watching tonight?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #1135
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Maybe her power is to detect other people's powers. That's how she *knew* that Peter and Nathan were special, and how she *knew* that Parkman was in her brain.
I thought this too, but I thought the Parkman thing was more easily explained just by the fact that she's aware of the possibility of an ability & then Matt asks the exact thing she's thinking about. She tests him by yelling at him in her mind & it's confirmed when Matt reacts. PS: Way to act like you've never been at a crime scene before, Matt. I'm trying really hard to like you here, can we please be less clueless?

So, Kensei's power is healing also? If so, what is w/the reusing of powers? First Claire's stalker soon-to-be bf can fly, then this? Where's the fun in that?

Could not care less about the Wonder Twins. They better have then start interacting w/characters I care about soon.

Aw man, the Niki/Jessica beatdown returns next week.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #1136
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
hate Peter's storyline...why would he agree to rob when he can just take the "box" back at any time using his plethora of powers? Dumb.
Even though he used some of his powers to bitch slap those guys around, I don't think he quite remembers all of them are even what they're all about.

If you didn't remember anything and you were doing crazy stuff you might be scared.

I can buy it.....but I can't wait to find out how in the hell he ended up there.

As I understand it, the 8th or 9th episode this season will be an episode full of things that happened in the 4months between seasons.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #1137
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool. I don't think Mrs. Petrelli can "sense" powers, because she didn't realize he was reading her mind until he just repeated back what she had thought. A normal person would have just thought it was a coincidence, but she's more sensitive to extraordinary things. I can't wait to see what her power is.

That episode rocked. Love the haitian... love HRG even more when he's with the hatian. The irish scenes have been cool, and the scene with mrs petrelli at the end makes the new bad guy look really really promising.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #1138
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

this is the quietest I've ever seen the heroes thread after an episode
Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #1139
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they made hiro into kensei, which as I stated before, was pretty obvious. But kudos to them for making it interesting. Seems that kensei will be the combination of hiro and the white dude.

As for re-using powers, this whole "chapter" is called "Generations", right? Maybe the abilities repeat with each generation. Or maybe it's just lazy writing.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #1140
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I have no problem with reusing powers. That makes more sense if you're going to put all of this on evolution...
Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #1141
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
I have no problem with reusing powers. That makes more sense if you're going to put all of this on evolution...
yeah...what the dummy said.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #1142
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Even though he used some of his powers to bitch slap those guys around, I don't think he quite remembers all of them are even what they're all about.

If you didn't remember anything and you were doing crazy stuff you might be scared.

I can buy it.....but I can't wait to find out how in the hell he ended up there.

As I understand it, the 8th or 9th episode this season will be an episode full of things that happened in the 4months between seasons.
He knows enough to know he isn't a crook...but anyway, I think I would just overpower the Irish wuss and take what is mine. Sing it with me now: "You've got the touch...........You've got the power!!!!!"

are we to think that the bad guy who is killing off the oldies and Molly's bogeyman are one and the same? I haven't really gotten that thought until last night...but really don't think it's likely.

I also like HRG much more when he has his quiet mind wiping sidekick...

oh and just for the record...I really liked how we got to experience the Haitian's powers first hand via Hohinder.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #1143
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
oh and just for the record...I really liked how we got to experience the Haitian's powers first hand via Hohinder.
Yes, that was really cool.

Of course, he was faking wasn't he?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #1144
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Dont we have another thread for this? Some kind of special "season2:Generations" thread, or something? You guys are confusing me.

Hiro is still the best. That was the greatest sword battle of all time. 2 dollars still says Kensai is Linderman. 2 blond guys with British accents? Too convenient. Who cares about the centuries time difference? His healing powers help him live longer. Thats how it works with Wolverine, anyway. And speaking of too convenient, how long must flyaway boy have been outside Claires window to see her cut her toe off? Surely he wasnt just conveniently there for that one moment, was he?

Parkman at the crimescene: He was acting like a patrolman. But yeah, he is too clueless. Boone Him!

Does Nathan remind anyone else of the oreo-beard commercial? That guy is awesome.

Oh, and the Honduran chicks power is "evil, evil enough to kill the devil." Does that mean she will eventually save the day by killing the new and super evil bad guy?

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-02-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #1145
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Yes, that was really cool.

Of course, he was faking wasn't he?
was he? I didn't pick that up...I think he might have been expecting it...but I don't think he faked it.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #1146
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Dont we have another thread for this? Some kind of special "season2:Generations" thread, or something? You guys are confusing me.

Hiro is still the best. That was the greatest sword battle of all time. 2 dollars still says Kensai is Linderman. 2 blond guys with British accents? Too convenient. Who cares about the centuries time difference? His healing powers help him live longer. Thats how it works with Wolverine, anyway. And speaking of too convenient, how long must flyaway boy have been outside Claires window to see her cut her toe off? Surely he wasnt just conveniently there for that one moment, was he?

Parkman at the crimescene: He was acting like a patrolman. But yeah, he is too clueless. Boone Him!

Does Nathan remind anyone else of the oreo-beard commercial? That guy is awesome.

Oh, and the Honduran chicks power is "evil, evil enough to kill the devil." Does that mean she will eventually save the day by killing the new and super evil bad guy?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Usually Lurkin again.
I love you

Old 10-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #1147
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

2 dollars still says Kensai is Linderman. 2 blond guys with British accents? Too convenient.
if you are right...and have not heard this as a rumor anywhere else...dang that is a great call!
Quote:
And speaking of too convenient, how long must flyaway boy have been outside Claires window to see her cut her toe off? Surely he wasnt just conveniently there for that one moment, was he?
he is a Dummy Dumberson and I hate him and his flying, alien/robot diatribe talking self.

Quote:
Boone him indeed!!! The actor is such a spare!

Quote:
Oreo beard would be an amazing power!!!!

Quote:
I sure hope its not that bluntly obvious. But yea...that is what I thought too.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #1148
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
And speaking of too convenient, how long must flyaway boy have been outside Claires window to see her cut her toe off? Surely he wasnt just conveniently there for that one moment, was he?
Welllll....you know he was...err....he was just watching her.

Hands in his pockets, I'm sure.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #1149
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Welllll....you know he was...err....he was just watching her.

Hands in his pockets, I'm sure.
he DID look a little guilty...

Old 10-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #1150
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Exclamation

Quote:
he DID look a little guilty...
You may want to rewind your DVR's and get a good look at that window...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #1151
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
You may want to rewind your DVR's and get a good look at that window...
thats your department.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #1152
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that linderman could heal other things, but not himself. But that was just an assumption - maybe he just couldn't heal a hand to the brain.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #1153
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I was under the impression that linderman could heal other things, but not himself. But that was just an assumption - maybe he just couldn't heal a hand to the brain.
yeah...its hard to grow back an entire brain. flaco should know, has been trying for years

Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #1154
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Claire couldn't heal herself when she had a brain injury (or at least while that piece of metal or wood or whatever was still stuck in her brain)
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #1155
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think that given the way Linderman was portrayed in the Graphic Novels as a young man discovering his powers in the Vietnam war, and his considerable aging between then and his death, it is safe to say that this english dude is not Linderman.

He's funny though.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #1156
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ah, great point. Yet another thing relegated to the depths of the online graphic novel. He was indeed a young man in Vietnam.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #1157
fluid.forty.one

you guys know that they are releasing all the online comics in a big, hardcover graphic novel right?

I'm waiting to read them until that comes out... it's too tedious online.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #1158
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
you guys know that they are releasing all the online comics in a big, hardcover graphic novel right?

I'm waiting to read them until that comes out... it's too tedious online.
That's great. I'll wait, too. I tried to keep up last year, but their delivery system is crap.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #1159
fluid.forty.one

this thread should get locked so we are forced to keep discussion in one thread.