Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-14-2006, 01:39 PM   #81
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm giving Heroes a chance. But, it's probably about the 4th or 5th best new show that I've seen this season. And, I've only seen 4 or 5 new shows.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2006, 03:02 AM   #82
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Now the show is really picking up.

I have a theory on Peter. I think he might be the most powerful one. He's the only one mobile when Hiro stops time, and he can only fly around his brother, and since he survived a "fall" in the first episode, i think he's invincible like the cheerleader. Kind of like an enhanced version of Mystique from X-Men.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:58 AM   #83
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Now the show is really picking up.

I have a theory on Peter. I think he might be the most powerful one. He's the only one mobile when Hiro stops time, and he can only fly around his brother, and since he survived a "fall" in the first episode, i think he's invincible like the cheerleader. Kind of like an enhanced version of Mystique from X-Men.
hiro alllowd peter to not be part of the time freeze.

they are definately setting hiro up to be the badass of the show, and i for one am all for that.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

yeah....certainly got a little more interesting last night didn't it?

I look forward to the cheerleaders fathers story developing. and the cop too.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #85
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed Peter wasn't frozen because once Hiro was arround he assumed part of his powers, so he was able to timeshift, as it were, and not be frozen.

But, perhaps by that time Hiro was powerful enough to not freeze certain people. That's certainly possible. That was a great episode tonight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

recap?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
recap?
Sike, you can watch the entir episode here.

Or you can watch a two minute recap here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

thanks badgerboy.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 AM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I know the cheerleader's a freak and everything.....but she managed not to even scream and start freaking out when she looked down at her open ass chest cavity?

I dont know about that. And and apparently she does have clothes that arent her uniform.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #90
sike
The Preacha

so...Nicki's alter ego is just really mean?...what is super about that?

Old 10-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
it doesnt matter because she's smoking hot
Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #92
sike
The Preacha

the cheerleader uni is really getting old.

and she is a really bad actor.

Last edited by sike; 10-17-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I think it goes beyond that. Mean women her size aren't normally able to do what she did to those big uglies.

Plus it's not all about being mean. She apparantly does the dirty work for Nicki, so she doesn't have to. And she did refer to the kid as "our son", so it's not a complete disconnect where she doesn't feel the same attachments as Nicki. I really like that character.

BTW, did anyone notice that the guy with glasses said "they're further along than we thought" when the cop read his thought? I thought the use of "they're" instead of "he's" was significant there. Why would all of these people be discovering these abilities all at the same time? There's somthing significant there I think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #94
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Nicki's alter ego is really strong. And she had the "Sylar" logo on her back (don't know what that is, but I will assume it's a bad thing since the mystery glasses dude was in cahoots with the black guy that wears that logo on a chain).

Great episode last night. I am officially hooked in. "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" or something to that effect.... I took that as Claire has to stay alive for the bomb to be diffused, right?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #95
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Great episode last night. I am officially hooked in.
Same with me. Last night has me completely on board with this show.

Between it and Studio 60 (which just keeps getting better and better) I love Monday night tv.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 AM   #96
sike
The Preacha

at this point the alter ego has done nothing to prove to us that she has any "super" powers...anyone who knows what they are doing and is willing to do it can do what she did to the guy in the elevator. I didn't say I don't like her character...but at this point, she might as well just have multiple personality syndrome...though I expect more in the future...

the cheerleader character is officially my new "Boone". I can't stand the actress, the dialogue, or the uniform. Though Driving into the wall was pretty hardcore...."Its ok to murder rapists" (?)

oh, and I agree, thiggy, Mondays has become must see for me as well....

Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
at this point the alter ego has done nothing to prove to us that she has any "super" powers...anyone who knows what they are doing and is willing to do it can do what she did to the guy in the elevator. I didn't say I don't like her character...but at this point, she might as well just have multiple personality syndrome...though I expect more in the future...
The elevator, yes. Her house? I dunno. Those guys were pretty messed up. Didn't she say in this episode that one of the guys was cut in half? I need to go back and watch, because that conversation was hard to here, but I think that's what she said.

The only person on the show so far that irritates me is the chick hanging out with the geneticist (I really need to get these names down).

I think the cheerleader uniform thing is on purpose. I think it's a tribute to comic books, because that's the kind of thing you would see in a comic book.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #98
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So if she has no superpowers how did she dismember two big bad brawly dudes?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #99
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
So if she has no superpowers how did she dismember two big bad brawly dudes?
uh...chainsaw, duh.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The only person on the show so far that irritates me is the chick hanging out with the geneticist (I really need to get these names down).
both of them can't act and drive me nuts.

Quote:
I think the cheerleader uniform thing is on purpose. I think it's a tribute to comic books, because that's the kind of thing you would see in a comic book.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.
if thats it...I could mellow on hatin it a bit....but I'm not sure that's it.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #101
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Nicki's alter ego is really strong. And she had the "Sylar" logo on her back (don't know what that is, but I will assume it's a bad thing since the mystery glasses dude was in cahoots with the black guy that wears that logo on a chain).

Great episode last night. I am officially hooked in. "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" or something to that effect.... I took that as Claire has to stay alive for the bomb to be diffused, right?
Are you saying that "save the world" is referring to the bomb blowing up New York?

I think that is part of it, but they said last week or the week before that the bomb would go off in 5 weeks right? which is only a couple of weeks from now...there's something larger than that going on right, for the season as a whole?

and no matter what happens....where can they go with this for a second season is NBC asks for it?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #102
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
uh...chainsaw, duh.
Oh yeah, that would be sooooo easy for her to run over and grab a chainsaw and get it started while the 2 big burly idiots just watch her thinking she is going to do some sort of sex act with it.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #103
sike
The Preacha

are you predicing second season flop?....I just don't know where this show can go once all these characters discover each other...are they going to form Avengers North or something? As stated...writing too poor, actors too shallow, and direction too shaby to hold up for more than one season...

Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #104
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Are you saying that "save the world" is referring to the bomb blowing up New York?

I think that is part of it, but they said last week or the week before that the bomb would go off in 5 weeks right? which is only a couple of weeks from now...there's something larger than that going on right, for the season as a whole?

and no matter what happens....where can they go with this for a second season is NBC asks for it?
Um, where can you NOT go with superheroes?

In that interview Aex posted, the writer said that Sylar was the villain for this season. With superheroes all you have to do is introduce a new villain.

Plus, with this show, you can always find new characters, as more people discover abilties.

As far as the cheerleader goes, I agree. I don't think save the world was referring to the bomb in New York.

In fact, my theory is that this is why Hiro came back from the future. The only reason to come back from that far into the future would be because they disovered they needed her abilities much further down the line.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #105
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Oh yeah, that would be sooooo easy for her to run over and grab a chainsaw and get it started while the 2 big burly idiots just watch her thinking she is going to do some sort of sex act with it.

knock 'em out....then do stuff to 'em.

kinda like a date with U2.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #106
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Um, where can you NOT go with superheroes?

In that interview Aex posted, the writer said that Sylar was the villain for this season. With superheroes all you have to do is introduce a new villain.

Plus, with this show, you can always find new characters, as more people discover abilties.

As far as the cheerleader goes, I agree. I don't think save the world was referring to the bomb in New York.

In fact, my theory is that this is why Hiro came back from the future. The only reason to come back from that far into the future would be because they disovered they needed her abilities much further down the line.

I guess my point is...so much of this show so far isnt only individuals discovering their own abilities, but the discovery of why they're all connected and what exactly is causing all of this and just why it's all happening in the first place.

Even if they get a whole new cast to discover their abilities, some of the mystery will be lost, and it will become routine super hero crap to just get a new villain.

of course if they don't reveal the true nature of all this and dont explain anything, while neutralizing the threat, I guess they can string us along another season.

the draw for me isn't them against a villain, it's the discovery of what in the hell is going on with these people and how are they all connected?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-17-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #107
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I guess my point is...so much of this show so far isnt only individuals discovering their own abilities, but the discovery of why they're all connected and what exactly is causing all of this and just why it's all happening in the first place.

Even if they get a whole new cast to discover their abilities, some of the mystery will be lost, and it will become routine super hero crap to just get a new villain.

of course if they don't reveal the true nature of all this and dont explain anything, while neutralizing the threat, I guess they string us along.

the draw for me isn't them against a villain, it's the discovery of what in the hell is going on with these people and how are they all connected?
Oh, I assure you, we won't find the whole story behind why they have these abilities and why the guy with the glasses is hunting them for quite a while.

But, I do think once they get further along with the character development people will start to care about the characters themselves rather than their abilities and how they got them.

I think they'll follow a Lost type model, where the intrigue draws people in, and then the development of the characters will keep people around. Lost has successfully transitioned from one big mystery to the other fairly successfully.

Whether they'll be successful remains to be seen, but based on early results they're doing awfully well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #108
sike
The Preacha

my guess...it will all come down to some intense scene where all come together [or are somehow working in unison (whether they know it or not)] where all their powers play a special role in saving New York...I bet its something cheesy like this.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #109
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I think they'll follow a Lost type model, where the intrigue draws people in, and then the development of the characters will keep people around. Lost has successfully transitioned from one big mystery to the other fairly successfully.

Whether they'll be successful remains to be seen, but based on early results they're doing awfully well.
they don't have good enough actors or writers for this...but I wish they did. I am a huge comic fan from way back and would love well written and acted adult superhero show...

but my guess is, this ain't it.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #110
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Kind of weird that the cop wasn't in this episode at all...
Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #111
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Kind of weird that the cop wasn't in this episode at all...
He was in the very first scene...
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #112
sike
The Preacha

what he said ^^^

Last edited by sike; 10-17-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #113
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
But, I do think once they get further along with the character development people will start to care about the characters themselves rather than their abilities and how they got them.
I hope so. I still don't know any of their names.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #114
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Oh... I missed like the first 3 minutes of the show, nm!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #115
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i wonder if they are saving the cheerleader from sylar due to the ability of the cheerleader to not die.

in other words, if sylar ate the brains of the cheerleader, and presumably assumes all the other superhero's powers, would he become invincible in turn?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #116
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

i also wonder if sylar isnt the politician? both being able to fly, both having super powers?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #117
sike
The Preacha

nah...not the brother...

Old 10-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #118
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Anyone have any ideas about the cheerleaders father?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #119
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas about the cheerleaders father?
Gay?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #120
sike
The Preacha

I don't think he really needs those funny looking glasses