Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default D-M.com Fantasy Football 2008

I know it's early, but Yahoo just started allowing leagues to form for 2008 and good draft times are going quick, so I went ahead and started the following 12 man league. If this year goes like years past, I'd expect Mr. Sikey, possibly U2, and possibly Aex to start a couple of leagues of their own, but here is mine, so for all of you longtime D-M.com fantasy football stalwarts out there (you know who you are), and for any newer members who want to participate please feel free to register at the following address:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....eague?.scrumb=

League Name: DM_Fantasy_Football_League
League ID#: 40340
Password: AveryEra

League Type: Custom
Draft Type: Live Online Draft
Unique League Name: dm_evil_league
Draft Time: Sat Aug 30 8:45am CDT

And for any vets or new participants alike, please feel free to ask any questions about settings, draft times, or other what-not on this thread, and I'll do my darndest to answer said questions. Have a good one, and I hope we have just as competitive a league (or leagues) as we've had in years past ...

A very excited Pac-Man says: "You KNOW What Time of Year It Is, HomeFry! It's Time for Some MuthaF****** Fantasy Football... So Register Yo Ass Up!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-13-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Need a League ID, brutha!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Need a League ID, brutha!
Whoops... My mistake .

League ID#: 40340
Password: AveryEra
Old 06-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think this will be my third year in the D-M.com league, looking forward to it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 06-13-2008 at 11:02 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Bloodthirsty Vikings are in it to win it! They want to drink your blood, they want to eat your babies, they want to feast upon your poor and unworthy soul...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
yao1860

yao1860 will become famous soon enough
Smile

haha

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
yao1860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #7
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I'm all set to DOMINATE!!

I'm High Flying Earwigs.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

<-----------------------is issueing an ULTIMATUM

Bring your "A" game, or get your ass stomped, kicked, and whooped.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

game over.

TheSikedelics are here to eat your children.

Looks like it'll be another year of Good (sike) vs. Evil (evil)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 06-14-2008 at 12:48 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

In
Old 06-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
In
I thought this league was only for the cool kids?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I thought this league was only for the cool kids?
rubber. glue. bounces off. etc.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
rubber. glue. bounces off. etc.
are you making crafts?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Alrighty, seven teams down and five to go. And considering the fact that all of the seven teams who have signed up are heavy-weight fantasy vets and core D-M posters, this league is looking like it will be a darned good, competitive league. Hopefully we'll get the other spots locked up in the next day or so (where are you Alby? U2? Nemesis-Dirno? Thigglers, etc... ), and then we'll only have 76 odd days until the draft ...

Registered Teams:

TheSikedelics
Los Flaco's
Ummys Ultimatum
High Flying Earwigs (Oz)
Team Nashty
Bloodthirsty Vikings (ChumDawg)
Evil Remorseless

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

I'd hate to think that my hardy, bloodlustful band of great Norse warriors scared those oldtimers off...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'd hate to think that my hardy, bloodlustful band of great Norse warriors scared those oldtimers off...
You're right....they are fairly....intimidating?

Old 06-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
You're right....they are fairly....intimidating?

Your pathetic attempt at humor is noted. But in the end, my fellow warrior, it takes an evil man to know an evil song.

I'll be seeing you around...
Old 06-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

thig and u2...get on it.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:45 AM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to join b/c I'm jones'ing for some fantasy football. If this ruins or takes a spot away from someone ya'll really wanted to get in, I'll willingly back out.

Just let me know.

Until then, The Thrill-Seekers are ready for action.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-15-2008 at 02:52 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I'm going to join b/c I'm jones'ing for some fantasy football. If this ruins or takes a spot away from someone ya'll really wanted to get in, I'll willingly back out.

Just let me know.

Until then, The Thrill-Seekers are ready for action.
If we need you to back out? Heck No... As always, this league is first come, first serve, so it's great to have you participate BG .

We've got two spots left and the participating teams are:

Los Flaco's
peanut buttercups (Mr. Mnm I presume)
The Thrill-Seekers (BGMav)
TheSikedelics
Nikeball's Nuts (Nikeball)
Ummys Ultimatum
Team Nashty
Bloodthirsty Vikings (Mr. Chumdawg)
High Flying Earwigs (OzMavs)
Evil Remorseless

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiosity Flaco, on your team, is it Los 'Flay-cohs' or is it pronounced in spanish?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
If we need you to back out? Heck No... As always, this league is first come, first serve, so it's great to have you participate BG .

We've got two spots left and the participating teams are:

Los Flaco's
peanut buttercups (Mr. Mnm I presume)
The Thrill-Seekers (BGMav)
TheSikedelics
Nikeball's Nuts (Nikeball)
Ummys Ultimatum
Team Nashty
Bloodthirsty Vikings (Mr. Chumdawg)
Evil Remorseless
Where is U2 when you need him?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Just out of curiosity Flaco, on your team, is it Los 'Flay-cohs' or is it pronounced in spanish?
español, puto!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

In

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in. Just got back from camping. Which was a blast. But I saw this was open sometime last week (Yahoo's Fantasy Football League signup) and wondered if Evil would start one.

Thanks as always.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-15-2008 at 05:45 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Evilmav2, check your pm

: )
Old 06-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Looks like a right nice little field of all my favorite d-m.com punching bags.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Hell yeah... Now, that's a formidable roster of league managers if ever I've done darned seen one ...

Final Roster:

The Thrill-Seekers (BG)
peanut buttercups (MNM)
Nikeball's nuts
Expelliarmus (U2)
The Thigglers
Los Flaco's
TheSikedelics
Team Nashty
Ummys Ultimatum
Evil Remorseless

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Hell yeah... Now, that's a formidable roster of league managers if ever I've done seen one ...

Final Roster:

The Thrill-Seekers (BG)
peanut buttercups (MNM)
Nikeball's nuts
Expelliarmus (U2)
The Thigglers
Los Flaco's
TheSikedelics
Team Nashty
Ummys Ultimatum
Evil Remorseless
That's a mighty nice prediction for the final standings as well...
oh snap
Old 06-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #30
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's a mighty nice prediction for the final standings as well...
oh snap
Hahaha... Hilarious... I would have sent reputaion for this one, but I can't just at the moment ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

and so it begins, haha.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #32
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
and so it begins, haha.
And you should well know how it will end...

"In the End, There Can Be Only One! "

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

That looks like a gap that would make Michael Strahan jealous.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #34
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
That looks like a gap that would make Michael Strahan jealous.
In his teeth? Or one of the two in his neck ?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

hmmm....that's tough, but I'll just stick with the safer bet.

The teeth

Goodness...
Old 06-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #36
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Well... based on my emails, it looks like at least a poster or two would like to participate in our now full D-M league, and seeing that said league has been filled (and getting above 12 teams on a league isn't a lot of fun), I figure I might as well start a second 10-team league. Just like the last one, registration is first-come, first-serve basis- although we can easily expand the league to 12 or 14 teams if registrants so desire. Additionally, I am changing the rules up a bit for this league to be a receptions/passing yards friendly league, so if any of y'all who are participating in the first league want to jump over and play a game with a different wrinkle, obviously that would be a darned good thing ...

League ID#: 49344
League Name: DM_D_League
Password: PacManEra
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....gue/dmd_league
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Aug 23 1:30pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Old 06-22-2008, 02:38 AM   #37
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Bump

The fantasy draft is a long way off, but I am just bumping this thread in order to encourage folks to register in the 2nd D-M fantasy league. This fella is a shorter, 10 manager, ppr league, and we've only got three teams registered at present. So even if you are already registered in the first league, I would encourage any such said manager to register for the D-M D-League, just because the pass-friendly aspect of it should make the draft a little different than the first league founded on this threat. Of course, there are still two months 'til the draft, but it would be good to get the passing league filled up nonetheless. Have a good one, and please register if you want to !

League ID#: 49344
League Name: DM_D_League
Password: PacManEra
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....gue/dmd_league
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Aug 23 1:30pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:03 AM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

The big #19 is in it to win it. Now ratchet those yardages down to 10 yards per point, and we're talkin'...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:08 AM   #39
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Your suggestion has been taken under suggestion, and is accepted! I'll tweak that yardage total presently ...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Your suggestion has been taken under suggestion, and is accepted! I'll tweak that yardage total presently ...
My first-round selection of Terrell Owens greatly thanks you.

Tags
6 points per fluff, fantasy, fantasy fluff, your mom is my fantasy