Needs to play and Kidd needs to learn 12 66.67%
Needs to play, but I think it will work itself out 6 33.33%
Wood is not the answer to the two-man game problem 0 0%
Wood is no star or his defense will prevent him from being that guy 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default The elephant in the room

Before I start the rant: I know it's essentially preseason. We dropped to only three preseason games and Kidd, like Pops before him treats the early 1/3 of the season as preseason. We're far from a finished team so there is time to make tweaks.

Things I dont think are issues
1) DFS (32%) and Bullock (41%) - no. They have statistically come on strong when it matters and Bullock is already there.

DFS started last year shooting 19% from three. By April he was shooting 54%. In the playoffs, he shot 43%
Bullock started last year shooting 31%. In the playoffs he averaged 41% from three.

2) THJ - he's fine. I love him as a spark-plug that abuses the second unit.

The elephant in the room
Luka is good. We know that. We also know teams can throw relentless doubles at him and players like Simmons and Draymond have been able to shut him down. In the regular season, we only see it occasionally (Pels, etc.), but in the playoffs, we can't depend on Luka dropping 44 each game. We don't need a second or third star, but...

As good as Luka is and as good as Dirk was, they could not thrive until they could come up with some two-man game.

We eventually got Terry for Dirk and a defensive supporting cast (DeShawn/Marion were excellent 3/D). While McGee has been disappointing so far, we're good with 3/D guys (DFS, Bullock, Green)

What we're still lacking is Dirk's Terry (or Terry's Dirk). Every stat says that Wood should at least offensively be that guy who can finish plays when they are stifling Luka.

The good news? We already have someone who shoots over 40% from three assisted. We have someone who is an elite PNR and PnP player.

The bad news? Wood's defense has put him on the bench often and he's still not a significant recipient of passes from Luka. If we don't develop those two-man plays, we will repeat our last playoff performance (assuming we get there).

SD could be better and THJ could be a nice boost that mitigates the disaster of losing Brunson, but even if they match what Brunson brought, we still have the issue that we had last year.

Thoughts?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #2
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

I think you have to let him play in order to figure out what you do (and do not) have this early in this season vs. being conservative and not allowing him to fully realize his potential to this team. The Mavs are a mess right now so JKidd should just make the most out of the mess in order optimize the trajectory of this team.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Wood needs to play 32 MPG. Point blank period.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:07 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Wood needs to play 32 MPG. Point blank period.
I would rather him EARN his minutes by doing what Kidd wants. Otherwise why should Wood improve his game?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:58 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I would rather him EARN his minutes by doing what Kidd wants. Otherwise why should Wood improve his game?
Maybe Kidd has had that discussion with wood.

If we are using earn it as a measurement, McGee hasn't earned shit. He has been worse than Wood defensively and he has a guarantee. Bullock is another guy who hasn't earned anything this season either, although I have faith that he will right the ship enough to be playable. If Bullock and Dfs arent standout defenders, the "Machine" doesn't work properly and we are currently not well oiled.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-04-2022 at 05:59 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:39 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

If we are using earn it as a measurement, McGee hasn't earned shit. He has been worse than Wood defensively and he has a guarantee. Bullock is another guy who hasn't earned anything this season either, although I have faith that he will right the ship enough to be playable. If Bullock and Dfs arent standout defenders, the "Machine" doesn't work properly and we are currently not well oiled.
This. Wood is either the second or third best player on the team, so as far as I'm concerned, he's earned more minutes than several of the people ahead of him.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

McGee and Bullock have a history of playing the way Kidd wants. Wood does not.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 06:38 PM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
McGee and Bullock have a history of playing the way Kidd wants. Wood does not.
But what are they doing now?

Apparently Kidd doesn't want a 20/10 guy who can move the ball. Why would he when he can have a cpl guys be meh on defense and give you 10/7 combined.

Old 11-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #9
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

As said elsewhere, have to let it play out. The variable at the moment is Wood's defense. I also think his 2-man with Luka has a while to go in terms of developing chemistry with respect to rolls, pops, etc. and he needs to stay in the lab with Powell on finishing lobs and rolls to the basket.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:25 PM   #10
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think Kidd needs to figure out if Wood is going to fit with Luka and contribute like we need him to contribute. He also needs to figure this out sooner rather than later. I think Wood becomes a trade chip if it seems unlikely this is going to work out for the Mavs. There could be more than a decent return on the Wood investment but that might go down if the Mavs wait too long and/or they decide to let it play out and he walks after his contract is up.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
As said elsewhere, have to let it play out. The variable at the moment is Wood's defense. I also think his 2-man with Luka has a while to go in terms of developing chemistry with respect to rolls, pops, etc. and he needs to stay in the lab with Powell on finishing lobs and rolls to the basket.
Let Wood's defense actually dictate the losses though. Like, if you start him, play him 35 mpg, then his defense causes losses? Fine, at least we know.

That isn't what is happening though. It's like Kidd is purposely trying to take Wood out of his comfort zone to make sure he is can't excel in way the team needs him.

We shall see.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #12
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Let Wood's defense actually dictate the losses though. Like, if you start him, play him 35 mpg, then his defense causes losses? Fine, at least we know.

That isn't what is happening though. It's like Kidd is purposely trying to take Wood out of his comfort zone to make sure he is can't excel in way the team needs him.

We shall see.
This all literally happened Saturday night, no?

Either way, loved the different feel to last night's game and even Wood stressed defense in his on-court postgame interview. I could tell he was more engaged and actually somehow more aggressive on the offensive end. He did lose his fair share of individual battles but sometimes tough shots fall.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:57 PM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

We shall see.
100%.

Woods going to make up for any defensive woes with offense. Let him make mistakes if he is going to. Let him make up for it on offense and keep coaching him. Give him a reason to stay engaged and want to be here. At least give him room to build his trade value if they don't believe he is a long term fit. He's not going to just give you a consistent boost from the bench in the playoffs.

Other players aren't holding up their end of the bargain on either side of the ball so take advantage of his offense.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:24 PM   #14
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
100%.

Woods going to make up for any defensive woes with offense. Let him make mistakes if he is going to. Let him make up for it on offense and keep coaching him. Give him a reason to stay engaged and want to be here. At least give him room to build his trade value if they don't believe he is a long term fit. He's not going to just give you a consistent boost from the bench in the playoffs.

Other players aren't holding up their end of the bargain on either side of the ball so take advantage of his offense.
This is absolutely true.. There is a larger absolute variance in offensive deviation between good and bad players than defensive variation so by definition a 2 sigma offensive player will have more impact than a 2 sigma defensive player. Obviously (duh) it would better if you are great at both. Or in other words there is absolutely NOBODY as bad in the NBA at Defense as Luka is great at Offense.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:21 PM   #15
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe so many people are freaking out because Wood hasn't fit in perfectly after a handful of games.

Defense is a team game, and Wood is new to this team. You will note that when the Mavs play five guys who were here last year, the defense clicks. This is a defense with Luka, THJ and Spencer, who are all mediocre defenders, but Kidd put out a defensive scheme that lets them succeed. I expect that to come with Wood too, but it will take time. I don't think anyone ever demanded he play good D until now. But then, no one ever demanded it of Luka or THJ or Brunson until Kidd did, and by the end of the season, they were damned good. But they stank last Oct, Nov and Dec. Before Kidd, Brunson was so bad, he watched the 2021 playoffs from the bench. After a year under Kidd, he was no longer a liability.

My advice to fans...just cool out. Kidd knows what he is doing. He'd like to see McGee work out as a starter, but if is too old and slow, he can use Powell. I would not be surprised to see them both start depending on the opponent. We can use McGee when we have to play traditional bigs like Steven Adams, and Powell against smaller, quicker guys.

I'm not worried that Wood will bolt because he isn't starting. Once he becomes less of a defensive liability, I expect he'll get 30 minutes a game, score 20+ a night and be in as a closer. He'll contend for 6th man of the year. But he has to improve his defense, and I have every confidence he will, based on Kidd's track record.

As much as people here love to bang on Powell, we saw in the last two games how effective he is, just by understanding the defense and being in the right place, as the scheme demands. I expect that, by year's end, Wood will be defending better than Powell, because he has more talent. But it will take time.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:24 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I can't believe so many people are freaking out because Wood hasn't fit in perfectly after a handful of games.

Defense is a team game, and Wood is new to this team. You will note that when the Mavs play five guys who were here last year, the defense clicks. This is a defense with Luka, THJ and Spencer, who are all mediocre defenders, but Kidd put out a defensive scheme that lets them succeed. I expect that to come with Wood too, but it will take time. I don't think anyone ever demanded he play good D until now. But then, no one ever demanded it of Luka or THJ or Brunson until Kidd did, and by the end of the season, they were damned good. But they stank last Oct, Nov and Dec. Before Kidd, Brunson was so bad, he watched the 2021 playoffs from the bench. After a year under Kidd, he was no longer a liability.

My advice to fans...just cool out. Kidd knows what he is doing. He'd like to see McGee work out as a starter, but if is too old and slow, he can use Powell. I would not be surprised to see them both start depending on the opponent. We can use McGee when we have to play traditional bigs like Steven Adams, and Powell against smaller, quicker guys.

I'm not worried that Wood will bolt because he isn't starting. Once he becomes less of a defensive liability, I expect he'll get 30 minutes a game, score 20+ a night and be in as a closer. He'll contend for 6th man of the year. But he has to improve his defense, and I have every confidence he will, based on Kidd's track record.

As much as people here love to bang on Powell, we saw in the last two games how effective he is, just by understanding the defense and being in the right place, as the scheme demands. I expect that, by year's end, Wood will be defending better than Powell, because he has more talent. But it will take time.
Brunson was a poor defender, though. Fundamentally a mess.

I wish I shared the same optimism with Wood staying. Maybe something changes along the season.

Old 11-06-2022, 04:34 PM   #17
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Can't believe we still got fans thinking THJ is going to magically be fine this year

Dude has been inconsistent as hell his entire career here and got benched last year way before he injured that foot for poor shooting and bad defense.

The team went on a run last year the minute was out of the lineup.

But hey I guess it's always good to keep that positive energy about him.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:03 PM   #18
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Update on missed opportunities:

Dragic 2022: 10 pts/gm; 3.4 assists; 46% 3pt%; 19 mpg.

Coulda helped Mavs on several fronts..... Just saying.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:44 PM   #19
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Update on missed opportunities:

Dragic 2022: 10 pts/gm; 3.4 assists; 46% 3pt%; 19 mpg.

Coulda helped Mavs on several fronts..... Just saying.
Nah hes clearly washed. Would rarely crack our rotation of guards that can create.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:53 AM   #20
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Before I start the rant: I know it's essentially preseason. We dropped to only three preseason games and Kidd, like Pops before him treats the early 1/3 of the season as preseason. We're far from a finished team so there is time to make tweaks.

Things I dont think are issues
1) DFS (32%) and Bullock (41%) - no. They have statistically come on strong when it matters and Bullock is already there.

DFS started last year shooting 19% from three. By April he was shooting 54%. In the playoffs, he shot 43%
Bullock started last year shooting 31%. In the playoffs he averaged 41% from three.

2) THJ - he's fine. I love him as a spark-plug that abuses the second unit.

The elephant in the room
Luka is good. We know that. We also know teams can throw relentless doubles at him and players like Simmons and Draymond have been able to shut him down. In the regular season, we only see it occasionally (Pels, etc.), but in the playoffs, we can't depend on Luka dropping 44 each game. We don't need a second or third star, but...

As good as Luka is and as good as Dirk was, they could not thrive until they could come up with some two-man game.

We eventually got Terry for Dirk and a defensive supporting cast (DeShawn/Marion were excellent 3/D). While McGee has been disappointing so far, we're good with 3/D guys (DFS, Bullock, Green)

What we're still lacking is Dirk's Terry (or Terry's Dirk). Every stat says that Wood should at least offensively be that guy who can finish plays when they are stifling Luka.

The good news? We already have someone who shoots over 40% from three assisted. We have someone who is an elite PNR and PnP player.

The bad news? Wood's defense has put him on the bench often and he's still not a significant recipient of passes from Luka. If we don't develop those two-man plays, we will repeat our last playoff performance (assuming we get there).

SD could be better and THJ could be a nice boost that mitigates the disaster of losing Brunson, but even if they match what Brunson brought, we still have the issue that we had last year.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are you are spot on. A 2 man game would be great. Luka + Bane would have been the best 2 man combo in the league. Ja is averaging 30 ppg and Desmond Bane is average almost 26. Best combo in league....but Josh Green has become a solid 6th man off the bench so there is that.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #21
SMC0007
Guru

Is there anyone left willing to justify Wood not starting? A few media members like Coop, and Locked on etc. had been behind it, but it never made sense.

Idk how much longer the staff can afford to hold out on this decision. We aren't championship caliber atm anyway, but to maximize what we have, we need to implement the best version we can. I still call this horseshit SLU and shenanigans.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-14-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2022, 04:38 AM   #22
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is there anyone left willing to justify Wood not starting? A few media members like Coop, and Locked on etc. had been behind it, but it never made sense.

Idk how much longer the staff can afford to hold out on this decision. We aren't championship caliber atm anyway, but to maximize what we have, we need to implement the best version we can. I still call this horseshit SLU and shenanigans.
What the Mavs need to be a championship caliber team- 1. another quality ball-handling guard, 2. Quit bullshitting around and just start Wood already.

I honestly think that's it. I really think we're on the cusp of being really, really good. But the Mavs are shooting themselves in the foot by not doing anything to replace Brunson, and insisting on bringing Wood off the bench- which in opinion is the reason Luka and Wood haven't developed a real two-man game yet.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:23 AM   #23
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
What the Mavs need to be a championship caliber team- 1. another quality ball-handling guard, 2. Quit bullshitting around and just start Wood already.

I honestly think that's it. I really think we're on the cusp of being really, really good. But the Mavs are shooting themselves in the foot by not doing anything to replace Brunson, and insisting on bringing Wood off the bench- which in opinion is the reason Luka and Wood haven't developed a real two-man game yet.
I believe the same. However, if you could upgrade the big position and somehow start a Wood/Turner front court, would you do it? Essentially a massive upgrade on Powell/Maxi/McGee. Could 1-2 punch it and grab McConnell, too.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:40 PM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Pretty much. And that's the 2 flaws so far.

1. In-house Brunson replacements the staff mentioned like Frank and THJ have issues that don't even need to be typed out. Everyone knows them. They even mentioned Hardy and Dorsey a cplctimes in interviews. :/

2. Replace the production of Brunson with combo of Wood and Spence. Both are playing well but Wood is missing a ton of potential Luka minutes. But defensive tone blah blah. Guys yall came up short on the build, you can't just say that and have guys be great defenders.

Moves like Derozan, would have been awesome next to Luka but no, we have to have 1 dimensional shooters. Bane would have been awesome but his fn arms are short and he cant get his shot off in the NBA, lol. Helll I wanted Wood 3 years ago. It's great we have him now but it's the same old S, they have an idea that isn't exaclty wrong but it's forcing a square peg into a round hole. We don't have 2 way players and we don't have defenders that are THAT good, where we can know that we are stopping opposing offenses. We can't even slow down lesser to mid-pack teams.

I wonder if Luka as a leader is voicing his opinion on the rotations. Hell maybe he likes it, idk. If the franchise wants me to lead, then I'm speaking up on stuff like that.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-15-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:21 AM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

The elephant in the rooms is growing out of control. Is it Wood saga, or is it Kidds ego. He's wearing me out with this shit. Idc if we get really good this is as stupid decision as it was when announced. Wood will not re-sign for this again. Betcher ass.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:59 PM   #26
purplefrog
Platinum Member

There is a bit of positive news....Despite their poor performances, the Mavs are in 5th place in the West, only 1.5 games behind the #1 Portland Trailblazers (who they defeated) and 7-3 in their last 10 games. The Mavs are still in a good position and if they can figure things out or make a beneficial trade, the path to a top seed is well within their grasp.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:49 PM   #27
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I'm having deja vu with seeing the Mavs franchise make a crucial error in real time. We will lose Wood for nothing if he doesn't get the chance to rip with the starting 5. Mavs can really out-think themselves and it starts at the top. Beginning to see shades of Milwaukee Kidd.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:20 PM   #28
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I feel like I'm having deja vu with seeing the Mavs franchise make a crucial error in real time. We will lose Wood for nothing if he doesn't get the chance to rip with the starting 5. Mavs can really out-think themselves and it starts at the top. Beginning to see shades of Milwaukee Kidd.
Guarantee one team will offer him starting and he'll be gone.

I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like Cuban would prefer him to stay on the bench, not shine, so that they dont have to offer big money when the contract is up. I know its crazy conspiracy territory....
Old 11-16-2022, 05:40 PM   #29
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd is a dishonest player here. He literally said before last night's game that Wood would play a bigger role. Just a lie. I'd rather see Kidd go vs Wood go. It's just so bizarre.

Old 11-16-2022, 11:18 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

How big is the room? This elephant is massive already. Its like an episode of Clifford the big red dog.

Old 11-16-2022, 11:33 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Too soon to start the fire Kidd thread? I know it would be better for Cuban to sell, but that's never going to happen.

Old 11-16-2022, 11:55 PM   #32
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Too soon to start the fire Kidd thread? I know it would be better for Cuban to sell, but that's never going to happen.
Haha. Not for me yet. I can see a world where Kidd gives up the ghost anywhere in the next 2 weeks to Xmas as a time frame. This was my first tangible disagreement with him. I'll need another month of this to continue regardless of our results.