Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-30-2021, 11:29 AM   #41
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think a lot of people would be talking differently about the vaccine if it was Luka.

Instead Burke was borderline roster material anyway. Then Frank arrived and it's sure looking like Burke is in trouble.
Since my grandma fell at home, had to stay in the hospital, got infected there because it was hammered with people who didnt take it seriously, spent her last months alone in isolation and just my mom could say good bye...yeah i would say fuck Luka, bye Luka and trade his ass to OKC for a gazillion picks.

I dont care who, i have zero tolerance after 18 months and what happened to my grandma
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #42
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Since my grandma fell at home, had to stay in the hospital, got infected there because it was hammered with people who didnt take it seriously, spent her last months alone in isolation and just my mom could say good bye...yeah i would say fuck Luka, bye Luka and trade his ass to OKC for a gazillion picks.

I dont care who, i have zero tolerance after 18 months and what happened to my grandma
Sorry this happened to you and her.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:23 PM   #43
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to know what gave Burke the idea that the vaccine is dangerous. More than 2 billion shots have been given world wide, and there is no credible evidence of any long term side effects.

What good is he to the Mavs if he can't play on the road against the Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Nets or Knicks? They may have some rules to let visiting players play now, but those rules could change. He's a borderline player, and if the choice is between him and another borderline guy, they have to go with the other guy. I want to know what has him so scared of the shot that he is willing to throw away his career and millions of dollars? He can't even get on a plane to go play in Europe without taking the shot.

Last edited by G-Man; 09-30-2021 at 12:34 PM.
G-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:24 PM   #44
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Double post deleted

Last edited by G-Man; 09-30-2021 at 12:34 PM.
G-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:42 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, if I was African American, I'd be much more hesitant. The government did inject African Americans with STIs and then placebos instead of antibiotics. Every year or two we find out pill X causes Y and you can join a class action lawsuit if it killed or maimed a loved one.

Still, you are absolutely right. Billions of shots have been given. Vaccines have no track record of long-term effects (other than, you know, living).
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:42 PM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, if I was African American, I'd be much more hesitant. The government did inject African Americans with STIs and then placebos instead of antibiotics. Every year or two we find out pill X causes Y and you can join a class action lawsuit if it killed or maimed a loved one.

Still, you are absolutely right. Billions of shots have been given. Vaccines have no track record of long-term effects (other than, you know, living).
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:10 PM   #47
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

#BREAKING: The Dallas Mavericks will require fans who attend games this season to show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative test.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:47 PM   #48
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
#BREAKING: The Dallas Mavericks will require fans who attend games this season to show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative test.
A lot of places in germany (soccer stadiums, clubs) not even accept tests anymore. Its proof of Vaccination or proof of recovery. Otherwise its bye bye at the door. Patience is running low
Old 09-30-2021, 01:53 PM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Yes!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #50
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
A lot of places in germany (soccer stadiums, clubs) not even accept tests anymore. Its proof of Vaccination or proof of recovery. Otherwise its bye bye at the door. Patience is running low
And that's the only way to go.
2G is life almost being back to normal, and - as it should - it's not that for the people who refuse to take a smaller risk to keep other people away from a higher risk

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #51
G-Man
Platinum Member

I support the Mavs requiring Vaccines for fans. A person can be free to not take the shot. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to be exposed to the result of their choice.

We are fairly close to herd immunity, especially with vaccines for kids so close.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #52
G-Man
Platinum Member

I support the Mavs requiring Vaccines for fans. A person can be free to not take the shot. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to be exposed to the result of their choice.

We are fairly close to herd immunity, especially with vaccines for kids so close.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #53
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think a lot of people would be talking differently about the vaccine if it was Luka.

Instead Burke was borderline roster material anyway. Then Frank arrived and it's sure looking like Burke is in trouble.
Of course it would be different if it were Luka.

I think people are bitches for bashing Trey honestly. Even if his explanation isn't as eloquent as J. Isaacs. Going after the easy target is lame.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:48 PM   #54
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I'd like to know what gave Burke the idea that the vaccine is dangerous. More than 2 billion shots have been given world wide, and there is no credible evidence of any long term side effects.

What good is he to the Mavs if he can't play on the road against the Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Nets or Knicks? They may have some rules to let visiting players play now, but those rules could change. He's a borderline player, and if the choice is between him and another borderline guy, they have to go with the other guy. I want to know what has him so scared of the shot that he is willing to throw away his career and millions of dollars? He can't even get on a plane to go play in Europe without taking the shot.
He can play road games vs those teams you mentioned. They are allowing visiting teams to play if they're unvaxed.

He can also travel to Europe without being vaxed.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:49 PM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean more like the discussion of cutting him to get to 100% vaccination, which admittedly was more on Reddit and Twitter than DM.com

With Burke it works itself out naturally. If it was Kyrie Irving or a star player, you are put in a quandary. If it's a player who is 16th-20th best on your roster and you have to cut down to 17, it makes that decision way easier.
Ah I see. Completely agree. I’d still change my opinion of him to an idiot though.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #56
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Of course it would be different if it were Luka.

I think people are bitches for bashing Trey honestly. Even if his explanation isn't as eloquent as J. Isaacs. Going after the easy target is lame.
You took that as eloquent? He’s sounds like a complete loon
Old 09-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #57
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Free Country

I've always felt a man has a right to do what he wants if he's not breaking any laws.

I think Lebron said it best....

What rights to do we have to tell another person what they should put in their body.

Then the sad thing is people are name calling him who don't even know anything about him.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:29 PM   #58
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
You took that as eloquent? He’s sounds like a complete loon
Pfft

Old 09-30-2021, 08:35 PM   #59
G-Man
Platinum Member

Quote:
He can play road games vs those teams you mentioned. They are allowing visiting teams to play if they're unvaxed.

He can also travel to Europe without being vaxed.
I stand corrected.

But the way cities are cracking down, I'm not sure the rules won't change.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:53 PM   #60
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Free Country

I've always felt a man has a right to do what he wants if he's not breaking any laws.

What rights to do we have to tell another person what they should put in their body.

Then the sad thing is people are name calling him who don't even know anything about him.
I concur. With many studies coming out showing vaccinated people having higher viral loads and also now needing boosters, I can’t blame the guy for wanting to wait a bit longer before he gets the jab. There’s still a lot of unknowns.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:05 PM   #61
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Free Country

What rights?

If people who are refusing to get the Covid vaccine would also refuse treatment if/when they GET Covid then they have the right to do whatever the fuck they want

But these anti-vaxxers are flooding our hospitals to the point where there might not be an ICU bed available if you need it (car wreck, heart attack, etc). Plus they are overworking our health care workers because of their selfishness

So either they man up and refuse TREATMENT the same way they refuse the shot or they should shut the fuck up

Last edited by MFFL; 09-30-2021 at 09:13 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:46 PM   #62
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
I concur. With many studies coming out showing vaccinated people having higher viral loads and also now needing boosters, I can’t blame the guy for wanting to wait a bit longer before he gets the jab. There’s still a lot of unknowns.
Lot of unknowns, but you're here to tell us that vaccinated people have higher viral loads than unvaccinated people? Either source the hell out of that shit, or don't spread misinformation.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:19 PM   #63
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
LMAOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-30-2021, 10:51 PM   #64
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

No it’s not a completely free country. You’re not free to speed and drive recklessly down the highway, are you? Your freedom ends when it begins to affect others. COVID is a public health issue, not a decision on whether to get a vasectomy or not.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:37 AM   #65
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Today my mother is going to hospice. Once she's taken off the oxygen I don't think she'll be with us for much longer. I'm really going to miss her, but I also don't want her to be in pain. She has always been the most important person to me.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:05 AM   #66
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Sefant & Needles.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #67
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
What rights?

If people who are refusing to get the Covid vaccine would also refuse treatment if/when they GET Covid then they have the right to do whatever the fuck they want

But these anti-vaxxers are flooding our hospitals to the point where there might not be an ICU bed available if you need it (car wreck, heart attack, etc). Plus they are overworking our health care workers because of their selfishness

So either they man up and refuse TREATMENT the same way they refuse the shot or they should shut the fuck up
Ah my favorite argument, because it's so stupid.

People know what their eating and lifestyle choices are, so when they get a heart attack they should just man up and refuse treatment. That person is reckless and doesn't wear a seatbelt and got injured in a car crash, so they should just man up and refuse treatment. That person smoked their whole life despite knowing the risks of lung cancer, so they should just man up and refuse treatment.

Do you see the slippery slope yet or need more examples of this foolish way of thought?

Last edited by saclare; 10-01-2021 at 10:00 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #68
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

People know what their eating and lifestyle choices are, so when they get a heart attack they should just man up and refuse treatment. That person is reckless and doesn't wear a seatbelt and got injured in a car crash, so they should just man up and refuse treatment. That person smoked their whole life despite knowing the risks of lung cancer, so they should just man up and refuse treatment.

Do you see the slippery slope yet or need more examples of this foolish way of thought?

I don't think he's being literal. He's making the point that these morons are affecting society as a whole. We have plenty of vaccine mandates and other restrictions on the "freedoms" anti-vaxxers love to parade.
Old 10-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, my mom passed away roughly a month ago from COVID and was vaccinated (both shots), BUT she was battling cancer so her immune system was shot. I personally think the wise thing to do is be vaccinated, and I've been vaccinated, but I know there's a huge group that won't because, you know, 'Merica! I do know that my mom suffered in the Emergency Room where she couldn't be visited for days before an ICU bed was available (again, due to the sheer amount of beds full with many, many that came in w/Covid and passed that were never vaccinated - doctor's words), but thankfully I could spend the last day of her life with her once a bed finally opened. Many haven't been so lucky...
Old 10-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #70
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

It does seem stupid. But when you consider that most people who smoke, or do drugs, or abuse alcohol, or overeat have an addiction problem then the argument clears right up

The basic problem is privilege - people don't want a shot and dammit they are going to get their way because this is 'MERICA
Old 10-01-2021, 05:53 PM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It does seem stupid. But when you consider that most people who smoke, or do drugs, or abuse alcohol, or overeat have an addiction problem then the argument clears right up

The basic problem is privilege - people don't want a shot and dammit they are going to get their way because this is 'MERICA
People are also addicted to Facebook, YouTube, and Tiktok etc. because they were designed to be addictive, and the algorithms send people into information silos that cause them to believe things that they might not otherwise. Apparently players like Kyrie have been passing around misinformation with things like the vaccine is meant to kill black people and send them to hell or something.

The largest percentage of the unvaccinated are poor and minority. Black people specifically are the least likely to be vaccinated, so it’s not just privilege.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:48 PM   #72
sefant77
Guru

It was also Burke early in the pandemic spewing tinfoil bullshit. And now like 18 months later he "need more research". Yeah sure...

https://newsone.com/3916579/trey-bur...d-coronavirus/
Old 10-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
For the record, my mom passed away roughly a month ago from COVID and was vaccinated (both shots), BUT she was battling cancer so her immune system was shot. I personally think the wise thing to do is be vaccinated, and I've been vaccinated, but I know there's a huge group that won't because, you know, 'Merica! I do know that my mom suffered in the Emergency Room where she couldn't be visited for days before an ICU bed was available (again, due to the sheer amount of beds full with many, many that came in w/Covid and passed that were never vaccinated - doctor's words), but thankfully I could spend the last day of her life with her once a bed finally opened. Many haven't been so lucky...
I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-01-2021 at 08:36 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:23 PM   #74
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
The largest percentage of the unvaccinated are poor and minority. Black people specifically are the least likely to be vaccinated, so it’s not just privilege.
While as of September 21, 2021, White adults accounted for the largest share (60%) of unvaccinated adults

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
Old 10-02-2021, 02:26 AM   #75
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
I just lost my mother tonight. It bothers me so much that she missed her annual exam because of COVID-19. Any other year it would have been caught, and she'd still be around. This is so hard for me to take right now. Regardless, I am sorry for your loss. These past 2 weeks have been the most difficult time in my life. I'm going to miss her so much.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 10-02-2021 at 02:27 AM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:38 AM   #76
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
While as of September 21, 2021, White adults accounted for the largest share (60%) of unvaccinated adults

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/
"Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine"

Literally the next sentence. I do not want these people denied healthcare, just because you think they are privileged. Why have hospitals not ramped up capacity? The vaccine was not supposed to be ready this early. Experts said that it was an impossibility. Hospitals should have been ready for this. Prominent liberal commentators like Joy Reid said last summer and early fall that they would not take Trump's rushed vaccine, and that they would not trust Trump's corrupt FDA. Harris and Biden said similar things. The receipts are all over Twitter.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:44 AM   #77
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I just lost my mother tonight. It bothers me so much that she missed her annual exam because of COVID-19. Any other year it would have been caught, and she'd still be around. This is so hard for me to take right now. Regardless, I am sorry for your loss. These past 2 weeks have been the most difficult time in my life. I'm going to miss her so much.
Sorry, man.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #78
tap2390
Diamond Member

I’m sorry for everyone who has lost family members directly or indirectly to Covid. I know it can be especially painful when you think something could have been done to prevent it.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #79
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Ugh sorry man.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:48 PM   #80
MFFL
Guru

I think the moderator should break this thread to the lounge

And I have sympathy for everyone who suffered losses during this time. I hope that you remember the good times rather than the manner of passing