Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Hong Kong Cinema

Fidel had mentioned in a thread previously that he was really into Hong Kong movies and cinema.

Anyone else interested? Just wondering.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

When I lived in Japan (many....many years ago), some of the best converted to english movies that we had available were from Hong Kong. Early action flicks and dramas dominated our friday night viewing. They were sometimes cheesy, but I will always remember them and think of them fondly. I haven't seen a tremendous amount of HK films since then, but I would have no problem watching and enjoying them again.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-23-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

wondering if anyone saw Kung Fu Hustle and or Shaolin Soccer - they are both Stephen Chow movies with mostly the same acting troop. I liked KFH a lot but then i found that other non-Chinese folks seemed to miss some of the humor or just not appreciate it as much.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Scoobay,

Loved them both.

Check out "God of Cookery," I believe it is a Chow film as well.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 01-23-2006 at 01:30 PM.
SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote