Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Natural there are many opinions in science and that’s good, otherwise no progress would be obtained. Of course has the warming also something to do with the raised sun activity, which I mentioned in one of my posts before, but the opinion that this is the main reason for the warming is a little bold and doesn´t find many supporters under the climate scientists at the moment. Nevertheless this is a very interesting field of research and you always have to be open to new ideas.

Global warming is without a question a topic you can excellent argue about. But in my opinion it´s a big gamble to be that hesitant, wait which theory is right and do nothing. If the leading prevalent feeling in science, that a big fraction of the global warming is man made because of the increased emission of CO2, the consequences could be much more worse than a lower GDP.

The argument of Mr. Steyn that to do something “…could destroy the planet's economy, technology, communications and prosperity. And ruin the lives of millions of people.”, is a little far-fetched as there are many countries which do something for the environment without having that bad influence. And don´t forget that USA is responsible for a fifth of the entire CO2 emission and contrary to the developing countries the US has the economic power and the technical knowledge and possibilities to do something.

If the US claims to be a leading world power, they also have the duty to be a paragon on the subject of environment protection (not only to prevent global warming) and it´s very sad that the government don´t care much about it.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"your wrong" irony, global fluffing, got a bit fluffy in here