Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Angelina Jolie Pregnant

Angelina Jolie Pregnant

Wednesday Jan 11, 2006 5:00am EST

Angelina Jolie is expecting a baby this summer with Brad Pitt, PEOPLE has confirmed. "Yes, I'm pregnant," Jolie told a charity aid worker in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Monday. The pregnancy has since been confirmed by representatives of both stars.

This is the first biological child for Jolie, 30, who is already the mother of son Maddox, 4, whom she adopted from Cambodia, and daughter Zahara, 1, adopted from Ethiopia in July.

Jolie, who has often spoken about expanding her family, added that she’d like to adopt again. In October she told PEOPLE: “There's something about making a choice, waking up and traveling somewhere and finding your family."

She is currently in the Dominican Republic filming The Good Shepard with Matt Damon. She is also working with Yele Haiti, a charity for the empowerment of Haitian citizens.

Pitt, 42, who recently took steps to adopt Maddox and Zahara, including changing their names to Jolie-Pitt, has talked of wanting a family for years. He has no children from his 4-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston.

In July, Pitt accompanied Jolie to Ethiopia, where she completed the adoption process for Zahara.

More recently, the couple have been spotted all over the globe, including Kenya, England, Ethiopia, Canada, Tokyo and Pakistan, where they spent Thanksgiving.

Jolie has never been happier, say friends. "This is a woman who values her relationships with her children more than anything," a source tells PEOPLE. "Now she is creating a family in the context of an adult relationship."

Last edited by Caliente; 01-11-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Caliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

yawn.....

the only thing interesting about this article is that CALI posted it!

what's up cali!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

That's going to be one uggggly baby.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
That's going to be one uggggly baby.
just think...what if the kid get his commitment to long lasting relationships and her freaky desire to wear blood viles?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 01-11-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

A Cali sighting.....awesome!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

No way. I pulled out of her waaaayyyy early.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

Will baby Maddux be jealous...or sexually attracted to the new child?
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hell, that would make three now. Maddox, zahara, and new baby.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice another out-of-wedlock baby. I actually thought Brad had a little more class than that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Nice another out-of-wedlock baby. I actually thought Brad had a little more class than that.
why??????

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:53 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
No way. I pulled out of her waaaayyyy early.
Bill Murrey - Big Ernie - Kingpin!

genius!

Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if Jennifer Aniston laughed as hard at that photoshop above as I did?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
why??????
Why about another out-of-wedlock baby. Don't support that.

Why did I thingk Brad had more class? Just did...I"m old-fashined children should have two parents.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-12-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Why about another out-of-wedlock baby. Don't support that.

Why did I thingk Brad had more class? Just did...I"m old-fashined children should have two parents.

I meant why did you think Brad Pitt had more class than that. He's always seemed like your stereotypical hollywood superstar to me - and incredibly overrated too.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-12-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

and incredibly overrated too.

you got that right.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I've never been impressed by either Pitt's acting skills or his looks. Jolie on the other hand is someone I would love to look like. I think she is beautiful, especially here lately since she has lost the edgy, hard look she had in her Billy-Bob days.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #18
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

pitt got his money's worth..that's for sure.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, give me Pitt's acting skills and looks... I'll gladly take them...and I'll even take Angelina Jolie while you're at it.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-12-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

but what if Pitt was in Remember the Titans?

i've liked Pitt in a number of things. He's actually great when he's not playing the "smiling hunky man role". Seven, 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Snatch, True Romance (bit part, but good). all in my favorites.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the one thing that's great about Pitt... He often opts for roles that aren't sure fire blockbusters because he actually likes the role. He could be more like Tom Cruise and rarely take a chance...
Old 01-13-2006, 02:47 AM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

i've liked Pitt in a number of things. He's actually great when he's not playing the "smiling hunky man role". Seven, 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Snatch, True Romance (bit part, but good). all in my favorites.
Wanna smoke a bowl?

You go...and then you go some more...and then you go some more.

Condescend me, man...I'll f***in' kill you.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:21 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

I think you are right on BBL. I think he's really good. But I also like him in River Runs Through It and the one with Anthony Hopkins as well.

In fact I have enjoyed just about everything he's done. I think everyone else is just jealous.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #24
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
In fact I have enjoyed just about everything he's done. I think everyone else is just jealous

I really liked him in 12 monkeys, and he was okay in Seven. Fight Club is one of my favorite movies, but he was pretty much overshadowed by the awesomeness of Ed Norton (who is underrated).

As far as being dubbed the sexiest man in Hollywood - I've never bought it. He's probably doesn't crack my Top 50.

As far as acting goes, I put him somewhere between Ben Affleck and John Cusak.

Last edited by mary; 01-13-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

He was definitely good in 12 Monkeys, A River Runs Through It, Kalifornia, Seven (one of my all time favorites), Legends of the Fall, Sleepers (another absolutely great movie), Snatch, Spy Game, Fight Club and both Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12.

He has an impressive resume. He's been able to succeed in Hollywood with a variety of different roles which is what makes him unique. He has found success in both the sure fire blockbuster cookie cutter movie and with the lower budget off the beaten path type movie. I'm not sure what the backlash is for. I suppose it's just because guy's are jealous because he probably has more 'manhood' than them and the girl's are pissed because Angelina Jolie's the one that gets to use it.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-13-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #26
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
....Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12.
Thanks for reminding me of those 5 hours of my life I'll never get back...

Last edited by mary; 01-13-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Those were two solid movies. Damon, Pitt,and Clooney worked well together. Mary, I can't help that you don't have the best taste in movies.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Those were two solid movies. Damon, Pitt,and Clooney worked well together. Mary, I can't help that you don't have the best taste in movies.

I can overlook the first one - at least it had the cool new Elvis song playing in the background half the time so you would have something to tap your foot to.

But the Sequel?? Come on Murph. That was T-E-R-R-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Describing it as a solid movie is nearly an unforgivable offense.

Last edited by mary; 01-13-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

I actually liked the second movie better than the first.

Mary, get back to me when you know what the hell you're talking about.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #30
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ocean's Eleven was good. Ocean's twelve, not so much. when i was watching it, it was obvious that the actors had a good time filiming it, but unfortunately, i didn't have a good time watching it.

damn, how could i forget about sleepers? great movie.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

oceans 11 > oceans 12

by far...

i liked pitt in "the sleepers"

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #32
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

anyone seen cool world? It's crap.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

O12>O11
Old 01-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

this is so weird... I bring this up here, and what does sports guy have in his article today? Reader mail about the same subject...

Quote:
Q: I have this theory I like to refer to as the "Brad Pitt Phenomenon." In short, I believe the quality of a Brad Pitt film is inversely proportional to his cleanliness in said movie. When he looks like he needs to be scrubbed down by a hazmat team ("Fight Club," "Snatch," "True Romance," etc.) the movie will be awesome, but when he's all prettied up ("Meet Joe Black," "Thelma and Louise," other crap chick movies) it will obviously be something that will make me want to gouge my eyes out. I think it's a pretty rock solid theory, and my question is this: Has this phenomenon been applied to Jake Plummer this season? If so, as a Pats fan, are you at all worried?
--Brian Pierce, Bowling Green, Ohio

SG: Actually, no. Your theory doesn't account for "Seven," which was probably the single-best Brad Pitt movie other than "Fight Club." So it's moot. But you had me scared there for a nanosecond.

but i actually don't agree with Sports Guy on Seven. Pitt was far from "Prettied Up" in that movie.
and i am NOT Brian Pierce of Bowling Green, Ohio

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-13-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #35
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I actually liked the second movie better than the first.

Mary, get back to me when you know what the hell you're talking about.

Although i too like both, the first one was better. To me, the plot in 11 was better.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Number 1 was much better. Less Julia Roberts it seemed.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #37
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I've always dislike Pitt ever since he backed out on "The Fountain" to take a bigger paycheck with that gay ass "Troy" movie. The project nearly collapsed, because of him quitting days before shooting.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #38
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
I've always dislike Pitt ever since he backed out on "The Fountain" to take a bigger paycheck with that gay ass "Troy" movie. The project nearly collapsed, because of him quitting days before shooting.

TROY - horrible movie, horrible performance by Pitt. To be fair, that role was just not cast well at all. He wasn't even remotely believable as Achilles. Looking over his career at imdb.com, I'd say Twelve Monkeys and Seven were probably his best work.

Last edited by mary; 01-14-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Well I'm an obvious Pitt apologist, I enjoyed Troy as well.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

don't know if its been said yet...but Pitt's best movie is se7en!