Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #41
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

dangit! I can't believe I forgot about Stephen Speaks "Out of My League". It has to be up there for most beautiful, romantic song ever. Guys if you want to sweep your girl off her feet play that song and ask her to dance with you. I'm not really the romantic mushy type, but that song really gets to me! I may even rank it ahead of "Shameless".

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unchained Melody.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #43
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Anybody Wanna Ride? by Adina Howard.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #44
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I am less heterosexual for having read this thread. Luckily, I had plenty to spare...
Old 01-16-2006, 06:31 PM   #45
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It's hard to pick a favorite, so I have a "favorite of the hour":

"Look At You Girl" Chris LeDoux
Old 01-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #46
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
I am less heterosexual for having read this thread. Luckily, I had plenty to spare...
(Sigh) This is my favorite:

ARTIST: Fred Eaglesmith
TITLE: Wilder than Her

Well I'm wilder than her, and what else can I say
But I guess that's why she fell in love with me
She's a house on fire, she's got all those charms
I'm a house on fire, too, but I got four alarms

{Refrain}
And I'm wilder than her, and it drives her out of her mind
I guess she thought that she was just one of a kind
But she's a summer storm, and I'm a hurricane
One just blows through town, one blows the town away
And I'm wilder than her

When we go drivin' in our cars, racing through the night
She can drive as fast as me but she stops at all the lights
She says it's 'cause I'm crazy and she's probably right
But I think that the reason is that I'm twice as wild

{Refrain}
But when she takes my hand and she looks me in the eye
I see something that I've never seen in my life
She takes the fire and turns it down low
She takes the night and makes it not so cold
She takes the distance and breaks it into miles
She makes my life just a little less wild.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
(Sigh) This is my favorite:

ARTIST: Fred Eaglesmith
TITLE: Wilder than Her

Well I'm wilder than her, and what else can I say
But I guess that's why she fell in love with me
She's a house on fire, she's got all those charms
I'm a house on fire, too, but I got four alarms

{Refrain}
And I'm wilder than her, and it drives her out of her mind
I guess she thought that she was just one of a kind
But she's a summer storm, and I'm a hurricane
One just blows through town, one blows the town away
And I'm wilder than her

When we go drivin' in our cars, racing through the night
She can drive as fast as me but she stops at all the lights
She says it's 'cause I'm crazy and she's probably right
But I think that the reason is that I'm twice as wild

{Refrain}
But when she takes my hand and she looks me in the eye
I see something that I've never seen in my life
She takes the fire and turns it down low
She takes the night and makes it not so cold
She takes the distance and breaks it into miles
She makes my life just a little less wild.
Good stuff!!!

http://www.fredeaglesmith.com/index....ame=sound_room
Old 01-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to watch out for Dan....his favorite love song was a tie between "All By Myself" and Michael Jackson's "Beat It".

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #49
FahQ

FahQ will become famous soon enoughFahQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
at the risk of sounding gay...

when my wife and i were planning our wedding, i had a HUGE hand in the songs we chose. And I quickly found that the problem is that most songs that are slow and seem to be love songs are actually songs about heartbreak and loss. not so loving.

but we did play "Fade Into You". My wife and I both love that song. you can call me gay if you want.

A Willie Nelson song was our first dance ("If My World Didn't Have You")

Obvious other choices are the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill duets (although i think "It's Your Love" is MUCH better (and less cheesy) than "Let's Make Love")

Good call on "Wild Horses", whoever said it. But I prefer the Stones' version.

Is "The Dance" really a love song? Isn't it about lost love?

One of my personal favorites is "Green & Dumb" by Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers, as well as their song "Your Name on a Grain of Rice". I 'd recommend that band to anyone.

Atleast someone acknowledges the greatness of "Fade into you", and also , have you heard The Sundays version of Wild Horses? A woman's voice really does it justice.
FahQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:07 AM   #50
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

i feel like i should be joining heath and jake in a threesome for saying this, but....

"to where you are" josh groban
Old 01-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #51
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

"Seventh Floor Crew" by the University of Miami football team is a very touching ode.

If you are unfamilar with it, click this link:

http://media.putfile.com/7th-Floor-Crew
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #52
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, FahQ, i've heard the Sundays' version. It's certainly not bad at all, i just prefer the Stones' version.

also, any time I hear the Sundays' version, it makes me think of Marky Mark. Not good.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #53
FahQ

FahQ will become famous soon enoughFahQ will become famous soon enough

Damn you BBL, all I can think of is a roller coaster now.
FahQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:58 AM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

[obligatory]the ghey is strong in this thread[/obligatory]

If you dig "Fade Into You," it doesn't necessarily mean that you have a romantic bent. It may just mean that you smoke a shitpot full of weed.

Damn good song, though, regardless.

My nomination is "Somebody" by the greatness of Depeche Mode:

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She'll hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way to thnking
In fact, she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me

I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought
And with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear
Of those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will wrap their arms around
And kiss me tenderly

If things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

Last edited by chumdawg; 01-18-2006 at 03:00 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:01 AM   #55
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
"Seventh Floor Crew" by the University of Miami football team is a very touching ode.

If you are unfamilar with it, click this link:

http://media.putfile.com/7th-Floor-Crew
That's a good one...
Old 01-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #56
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Well being 20 You and me is my favorite love song and it was already mentioned. I do also like I knew I loved you by savage garden whatever happened to them btw? Since its already over and you dont need to know i decided i would put my favorite on record. There is a song by Iron and Wine but I cant remember its name that is up there too.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #57
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I could even get the laundry done to that list of songs, Raef.

This may be the gayest admission of all, but I like smooth jazz. Mindi Abair "Come as you Are" is a decent CD that's probably popish enough for Raef's tastes. It sounds like something Alex Keaton and Courtney Cox would get busy to....mabye even Steven and Elise although its proabaly not hippy enough.

edit:whoops meant Alex not Michael

Last edited by FreshJive; 01-20-2006 at 07:49 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #58
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

five-o, i bet you're thinking of "Such Great Heights" from the Garden State soundrack. great song, although i prefer the Postal Service's version (the original). but Iron and Wine's seems more "romantic" due to the tempo.

forgot to mention some maxwell earlier... now THAT will make the ladies swoon.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #59
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
I don't think I could even get the laundry done to that list of songs, Raef.

This may be the gayest admission of all, but I like smooth jazz. Mindi Abair "Come as you Are" is a decent CD that's probably popish enough for Raef's tastes. It sounds like something Alex Keaton and Courtney Cox would get busy to....mabye even Steven and Elise although its proabaly not hippy enough.

edit:whoops meant Alex not Michael
actually, it's the husband who is in to more of the pop type music. me, I listen to just about anything. I was making the cd for him. now you have me thinking about what I would want on a love song cd. I'll post that later...

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #60
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

"Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
"Love Minus Zero/No Limit" by Bob Dylan
"Still" by Elvis Costello
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #61
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

You are right and i have heard both but I agree about the tempo
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #62
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
actually, it's the husband who is in to more of the pop type music. me, I listen to just about anything. I was making the cd for him. now you have me thinking about what I would want on a love song cd. I'll post that later...
Whoops sorry to make assumptions. Personally I don't like people singin at me for those moments. Threes a crowd and all that.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote