Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-20-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Torrent Issues

Anyone else having problems downloading torrents? I can't seem to download files anymore. The seeds never show up and just say 0 and the download never starts. I have tried BitComet, Azureus and some other apps as well and the problem is still there. Any ideas as to what changed? Anyone else having these problems? As an FYI, nothing has changed on my PC or in my network at all.

???
Old 01-20-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Hmmm I have no problems with my torrent ... I'm using the "official client" from bittorrent.com ... maybe the file you want to download just don't have any seeders like it's shown?
Or do you have the problem with any file you want to dl?
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience
Hmmm I have no problems with my torrent ... I'm using the "official client" from bittorrent.com ... maybe the file you want to download just don't have any seeders like it's shown?
Or do you have the problem with any file you want to dl?
I have tried like 6 different copies of the same episode and none of them are downloading. They show on IsoHunt that there are seeders, but when I open it in BitComet they have 0 there and the download never begins transferring data. To be honest, I haven't tried any other files... I will try that and edit this post.

Thanks

EDIT: I just tried an episode of Lost and there is 2 seeders and it is saying that the downloading has started and there is 99:99:99 left but it hasn't actually started downloading the file YET, though I am sure it will soon. Any idea as to why it shows there are tons of seeders for my episode but it won't download any of them, (again keep in mind that I have tried downloading the same episode using 5 different actual torrents with different names and everything)???????

Last edited by Male30Dan; 01-20-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:57 AM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

What episode do you need? Let me see if I can get it without problems.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:58 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

The OC Episode 11, (3x11)

No jokes, my wife and I like it and we missed last week!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #6
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Hmmm i have found 5 different files on the site i use but all show that there are no seeders just leechers
Old 01-20-2006, 03:08 AM   #7
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hmmm i have found 5 different files on the site i use but all show that there are no seeders just leechers
Check IsoHunt. They show that there are seeders but they damn sure aren't seeding!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:11 AM   #8
NXperience

Well on isohunt it is written (when i click on the files): Torrent not available.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:12 AM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

My torrents have all been running fine on Bitcomet (they are all anime though), but just for the heck of it I just started downloading the last episode of Lost from extefnet.org and it's flying along at 140+ kB/s.

-Edit- I just started The OC, S03E11 and it also appears to be a very healthy torrent as well...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 01-20-2006 at 03:19 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:13 AM   #10
NXperience

A bit offtopic ... but Evil what Anime are you dl/watching?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:16 AM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Evil,

Try the episode of the OC that I am talking about and let me know if that starts, (3x11)
Old 01-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well on isohunt it is written (when i click on the files): Torrent not available.
That's strange... It doesn't say that for me!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: In my experience, Isohunt is a great, comprehensive search-engine for torrents, but it's not always the best place to find new TV stuff immediately. Try going to http://www.mininova.org/get/203825 for the OC episode, and http://www.mininova.org/get/203240 for Lost, and http://www.eztvefnet.org/ is a great place to go to get uncorrupted TV torrents. Both of the above torrents are working fine for me, and hopefully they'll work for you as well...

Also, NX: The series I'm currently downloading/watching on a weekly basis are Naruto (the non-filler episodes should finally begin soon), Bleach (the filler episodes are just beginning), Shuffle (just ended), One Piece, any and all Gundam series (Gundam Seed Destiny just ended, but I was pleased to be able to get the new MS Igloo movie yesterday), Noein, Monster, Yakitate Japan, Blood +, and Basilisk, and there are a couple other series that I've been downloading but haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Additionally, I've got hard-drives filled with many of the classics (Gundam, Berserk, Lupin, etc... ), as well as a bunch of stuff that I've watched in the past that's not so classic; and an additional sad/nerdy thing concerning my downloading habits is that while my desktops' hard-drive space is filled to the brim with anime series, my poor laptop is also quite ridiculously filled up with volume upon volume upon volume of manga...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 01-20-2006 at 05:57 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:35 AM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Evil,

Your link is for 3x12, (just came out tonight and I have it), but when I tried to download 3x11 using this site it worked like a charm... Its downloading right now so thanks a BUNCH... This thread will be good for others also because if they didn't already know about these sites they will now!

Thanks again Evil!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:09 AM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Glad to see you got this working Dan...

And Evil, thanks for the great sites. Bookmarked for future use