Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dallas-Mavs.com NCAA Tournament Bracket League

Just in case some of y'all are interested in earning some bragging rights, I just started a D-M.com NCAA Tournament pick-em league over on Yahoo, and it would be great if we got some of our old fantasy vets to participate this year. To sign up go to the following link:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1?tid=766448

and the info for our group is:

Group: Dallas-Mavs.com Bracket (Group ID# 107811)
Password: KingLaettner

The worst moment of Deron Feldhaus' life...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 03-17-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP

BUMP

Join Now! It's just me and JThig right now, so we need more players. A win gives you a trophy that stays forever on your Yahoo profile, so a potential win should definitely be worthwhile to anybody who cares about such vain and important things . So to all of the Mavs' faithful who can't stop posting in the Lost thread, please take a moment away to step away from your Lost reveries and discussions and join this tournament challenge immediately !

Eric Montross and Family Say: 'Join the NCAA Tournament Challenge Now!'

Last edited by Evilmav2; 03-17-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Join you fools!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Hot Sports Opinion

Flaco's sports watching inequality flow chart:

NFL > NBA > NHL > Arena Football > Soccer >Watching grass grow > poking myself in the eye with a sharp stick > billiards > golf > bowling > archery > baseball > "x-games" > 'worlds strongest man' competition" > figure skating > college basketball > NASCAR.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

And? Make a bracket anyway.

Also, I knew there was a reason I hated you.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-17-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah more ppl need to sign up. We need at least 8-10 for this to be fun.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The Tortured Ghost of Ed O'Bannon says: 'JOOOOIIIINNNNN.... Damned Yoooooouuuu... Just JOOOOIIIINNNN... And Remember Me as I Was, and not as I Am Todayyyyyy... '

Last edited by Evilmav2; 03-17-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

You might of got more ppl signing up if this was in the Other Sports Talk Forum.

I just heard on TV the odds of having a perfect bracket is 9.3 quintillion to 1.

"So you're saying there's a chance?"

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-17-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

it's a conspiracy, i tell ya.

2006 - elite eight #1 memphis vs #2 ucla in oakland
2007 - sweet sixteen #2 memphis vs #3 a&m in san antonio

2 straight years, the higher seeded tigers had to play a lower seeded team in their home state. so who do they make the#2 seed in memphis' bracket??

2008 - elite eight #1 memphis vs #2 texas in houston??

the ncaa hates us.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #10
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
I just heard on TV the odds of having a perfect bracket is 9.3 quintillion to 1.
That would make my odds of winning this contest at about 9.4 quintillion to 1.

I don't follow college bb...but, I put up a bracket. If I win, I will donate my trophy to the charity of my choosing.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Alrighty, we're up to eight teams now, but we need more, Goshdarned it! As of now, the following teams are participating:

Hoosier Daddy - Evilmav2
The Thiggler - jthig32
Dallas-Mavs.com Bracket - Mavswillhaverings
peanut's bracket - Mnmpeanut
Dukies for Three! - bradleyvictorious (my younger bro's team)
roadrunner - road_runner73
Xerxeswilldestroyyou! - Xerxes
Austin Croshere--God of Sex - prodigydub

We've got unlimited spots and two days until the tournament tips off, so please feel free to sign on up and fill out a bracket, Mavs' faithful...
Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that dog is pretty damn cute
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

I'm in as Pluto's Cotton

Quote:
...I just heard on TV the odds of having a perfect bracket is 9.3 quintillion to 1.

"So you're saying there's a chance?"
Since the odds are so much better, I'd better go buy a lottery ticket

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Antied up!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

It starts TONIGHT. Yall are GOING DOWN. That yahoo trophy is MINE. My parents will be so PROUD!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #17
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

HAHA, THATS COOL....
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I hate NCAA, I hate march madness, I hate college sports of any kind..

I don't watch high school sports.. I don't watch middle school sports.. why should I be interested in college sports? It's like listening to bad bands because they're in college, when all I need to do is pop in a professional bands cd that sounds 10x better. It's like the anti-all-star game.
because I'm too lazy to type two complete posts

too, to, two..

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 03-20-2008 at 02:34 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #19
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Flaco's sports watching inequality flow chart:

NFL > NBA > NHL > Arena Football > Soccer >Watching grass grow > poking myself in the eye with a sharp stick > billiards > golf > bowling > archery > baseball > "x-games" > 'worlds strongest man' competition" > figure skating > college basketball > NASCAR.
No college football?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Flaco I wish I could give two reps in a row just for your wonderful opinion on college basketball.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #21
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

u2sarajevo has an early lead.

(why oh why did I pick Kentucky and Baylor)

I just noticed that evilmax2 picked Kentucky to go to the Championship game, somebody's not going to win.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-20-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It absolutely boggles my mind how anyone can dislike college football and/or basketball.

My bracket is off to a weak start. My other bracket is doing much better. I forgot to change Kentuckjy to Marquette on this one (decided yesterday that Marquette would win).

Oh well. Hopefully Croshere will lead me toa comeback.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-20-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
u2sarajevo has an early lead.

(why oh why did I pick Kentucky and Baylor)

I just noticed that evilmax2 picked Kentucky to go to the Championship game, somebody's not going to win.
Hahaha... Yeah, I screwed up on that one ...
Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

College football is pretty far down my sport rankings. I don't dislike it. But I didn't watch one minute of this year's BCS bowls.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #25
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

"Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I hate NCAA, I hate march madness, I hate college sports of any kind..

I don't watch high school sports.. I don't watch middle school sports.. why should I be interested in college sports? It's like listening to bad bands because they're in college, when all I need to do is pop in a professional bands cd that sounds 10x better. It's like the anti-all-star game."

just don't get that. the anti-allstar game is exactly it. there are few things worse than an allstar game. unless you have a vested interest in a player or two, they're useless. and, yes, i'll watch high school hoops. heck, i've been known to stop down on my way out of the raquetball courts to check out a rec league game. it's about the sport.

and, to go along with that, there may be nothing better than finding a good local band playing some dive on a friday night. i'd take that over some overproduced cd anyday.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #26
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Woot I had Kansas State right.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #27
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

i expect to be out of the cellar very soon!! watch your backs...
Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
It absolutely boggles my mind how anyone can dislike college football and/or basketball.

My bracket is off to a weak start. My other bracket is doing much better. I forgot to change Kentuckjy to Marquette on this one (decided yesterday that Marquette would win).

Oh well. Hopefully Croshere will lead me toa comeback.
It boggles my brain that every march, everyone and their mother becomes a dang expert on college teams they haven't been following, haven't watched, don't know many of the players, and didn't give one damn about a month before.

I like college football to a certain extent. I watch it quite a bit.

But the ncaa tournament just beats me so hard. It's just so fake to me...the interest in it that is. I'm sure the kids are playing their butts off and giving it their all. But the hoopla surrounding it is so artificial and forced by so many that it just drives me away.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #29
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
It boggles my brain that every march, everyone and their mother becomes a dang expert on college teams they haven't been following, haven't watched, don't know many of the players, and didn't give one damn about a month before.

But the ncaa tournament just beats me so hard. It's just so fake to me...the interest in it that is. I'm sure the kids are playing their butts off and giving it their all. But the hoopla surrounding it is so artificial and forced by so many that it just drives me away.
Well... Even though it might seem a bit silly that lots of casual fans and their mothers might become overnight experts on NCAA basketball come mid-March, I would say that there are also an awful lot of folks who do follow their alma maters' basketball squads pretty closely, and whose excitement about the tournament is related the prospective success of their schools' team in the tourney (Go Hoosiers!).

There are also a lot of folks who watch college basketball pretty regularly all season long, who also get excited about the big games of the week, and who greatly enjoy watching future NBA players shine and develop as young college stars, and who rightfully celebrate any occasion to watch tournament games like USC-KState because it gives them a chance to see Beasley vs Mayo, or watch Rose play with Memphis, or Gordon play with my benighted Hoosiers, etc...

So, while I respect your opinion, I'd say that your seeming dismissal of the enthusiasm of all or most fans who get excited by the tournament every March as being somehow the product of 'artificial and forced' hoopla, sounds just a tad bit stretched, and border-line insulting to me...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 03-21-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #30
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

after 24 games done in the first round, u2sarajevo has a 3 game lead.

1 Sectum Sempra u2sarajevo 21 21 of 24 187
2 Dukies for Three! bradleyvictorious 18 18 of 24 184
2 peanut's bracket Mike 18 18 of 24 184
2 Dallas-Mavs.com Bracket Mavswillhaverings 18 18 of 24 184
2 Scoobay's Bracket Buster scoobay2 18 18 of 24 182
2 Pluto's Cotton Dee and Marlene S 18 18 of 24 178
7 The Thiggler jthig32 17 17 of 24 183
7 left texas left texas 17 17 of 24 183
7 roadrunner road_runner73 17 17 of 24 181
7 Hoosier Daddy * evilmav2 17 17 of 24 151

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-21-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #31
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

where am i on this list??
Old 03-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #32
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
after 24 games done in the first round, u2sarajevo has a 3 game lead.

1 Sectum Sempra u2sarajevo 21 21 of 24 187
2 Dukies for Three! bradleyvictorious 18 18 of 24 184
2 peanut's bracket Mike 18 18 of 24 184
2 Dallas-Mavs.com Bracket Mavswillhaverings 18 18 of 24 184
2 Scoobay's Bracket Buster scoobay2 18 18 of 24 182
2 Pluto's Cotton Dee and Marlene S 18 18 of 24 178
7 The Thiggler jthig32 17 17 of 24 183
7 left texas left texas 17 17 of 24 183
7 roadrunner road_runner73 17 17 of 24 181
7 Hoosier Daddy * evilmav2 17 17 of 24 151

Hoosier Daddies: RIP
Old 03-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #33
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Sorry I forgot to click "view complete list"

1 Sectum Sempra 21 - - - - - (Texas) 21 187
2 Dukies for Three! 18 - - - - - (Duke) 18 184
2 peanut's bracket 18 - - - - - (Memphis) 18 184
2 Dallas-Mavs.com Bracket 18 - - - - - (UCLA) 18 184
2 Scoobay's Bracket Buster 18 - - - - - (Texas) 18 182
2 Pluto's Cotton 18 - - - - - (Tennessee) 18 178
7 The Thiggler 17 - - - - - (Kansas) 17 183
7 left texas 17 - - - - - (Texas) 17 183
7 roadrunner 17 - - - - - (Texas) 17 181
7 Hoosier Daddy * 17 - - - - - (North Carolina) 17 151
11 Austin Croshere--God of Sex 15 - - - - - (Texas) 15 181
11 Xerxeswilldestroyyou! 15 - - - - - (Texas) 15 173

Sorry Xerxes, last.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #34
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Fired Kelvin Sampson, bad-ass but choking Eric Gordon (soon to be the bad-ass but choking #7 pick in the NBA draft), and greatly talented but oft-injured DJ White- As well as their 06-07 Indiana team: RIP.... Indiana faithful hardly got to know the best of any one of you...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 03-21-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #35
LonghornDub

Quote:

That's fair. I agree with all that. The tourney's just sort of a fun thing because it's single elimination, which makes it very intense. Every game is like a Game 7. But I do find myself irritated at how everyone is suddenly an "expert."

Personally, I'm a big fan of college hoops simply because I'm at a place with a team that's consistently good and fun to watch. My interest in the tournament would probably take a huge hit if I didn't have a strong connection to a team that I can root for. It's also sort of cathartic to watch UT instead of the Mavs sometimes. Very different style of basketball.

I do think the NBA game is much better, though.

And as an aside, my bracket in the d-m.com group is sucking hole. 10th percentile. My other bracket is doing better (60th), though still not great. Problem with playing in groups with people from TX is that I won't even make up any ground if Texas wins it all, cause so many of you have them also. Then again, if Texas wins it all, I'm not gonna give 2 you-know-whats about my bracket.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #36
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

God bless San Diego. So glad I picked them in the upset.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #37
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

I had Georgetown going to the Final Four. My bracket is pretty much busted.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #38
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Cant believe Duke is out~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

My bracket is currently in the 92 percentile. Not too shabby.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I had Georgetown in the FF. So my bracket is going to start sucking more as the later rounds come.