Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-29-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Bought

Texas To The Bone: Volume 1
Cow Here This!

This morning. Both are great CD's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:44 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Not a single chick on that record. Are they telling me Trish Murphy isn't petter than 1/2 of that crap?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:58 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

earlier this morning... cake - prolonging the magic

in my car right now... DMB - Busted Stuff

just ordered the strokes and the new coldplay

oh, and nellyville for my girl.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:50 PM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Hey BBL, let me know about the new coldplay, I've been thinking of picking it up...loved the last album they did!
Old 08-29-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

listening: Sweet Revenge - Bangs.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 09:07 AM   #6
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

-The Hives
Old 08-30-2002, 04:20 PM   #7
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Tool - opiate
Filter - the almagamut
Old 08-30-2002, 05:01 PM   #8
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I like your tastes just 2111, right now I've been listening to 'short bus' by filter and 'lateralus' by tool.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

irontoad
short bus is raw, and probably their best cd, you hear almagumut yet?? its alright, still to many softer songs

anthing by tool ROCKS
Old 08-30-2002, 05:42 PM   #10
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Nope, just have short bus, never heard anything later really, but I love that album. Yeah, anything by Tool kicks ass, it's really too hard to name a favorite album of theirs for me. Have you ever heard of the band Neurosis? I definitely recommend them. Their album "through silver in blood" is their best, in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:58 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

never heard of them, but i'll check it out on KaZaA
Old 09-03-2002, 11:41 AM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Cesaria Evora-Cafe Atlantico
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:06 AM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Loreena McKinnett - Mummers Dance
Celtic Twilight
Gordon Lightfoot
Enya
Lonestar
Old 09-05-2002, 02:12 AM   #14
veruca salt
Platinum Member

le tigre - the feminist sweepstakes

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-05-2002, 09:20 AM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Nell Carter--Ain't Misbehavin
Old 09-05-2002, 11:23 AM   #16
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Tiamat - Wildhoney
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 12:13 PM   #17
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a punk rock song once. I think the lyrics were: "I f***ed your snowman, and I'll do it again."

which just made no sense to me.

. . And speaking of not understanding music: I found my heretofore misplaced copy of William Parker: The Peach Orchard. I'm going to listen to that when I get home today. woo hoo! can't wait.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 04:17 PM   #18
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

any electronica fans out there? (our european friends?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 05:45 PM   #19
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Oh oh i heard the new Death In Vegas single today.
Wow. There is one album I can't wait to get my hands on.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-05-2002, 05:47 PM   #20
veruca salt
Platinum Member

wow, my first double post.
how special, maybe i should just talk
about a cd in it or something instead...hmmmm.
I saw Coldplay was like top 5 in the US album
charts. That's crazy.
Why does America like Coldplay so much?

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #21
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

stereolab - dots and loops
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:43 AM   #22
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Omara Portuondo--'He Perdido Contigo'; BVSC presents Omara Portuondo
Old 09-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #23
Just211
Platinum Member

8STOPS7
Old 09-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #24
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< any electronica fans out there? (our european friends?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Not European but an electronica fan, why?

EBTG - Temperamental
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 06:02 PM   #25
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Why does America like Coldplay so much? >>

Because Coldplay fans are among those Americans still not intelligent enough to use the internet to get music. Gives them a disproportionate place in the marketplace. &lt;j/k-maybe&gt;
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:44 PM   #26
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

Sonny Rollins - A Night at the Village Vanguard

Boards of Canada - Music Has A Right To Children
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 05:53 PM   #27
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

hahaha wow hoopsmeister... coincidence deluxe. listening to that song right now as i read your post(hex hector club mix)
amazing.

what else do you like?
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #28
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

Avril Lavigne (thats pretty much it)
Old 09-14-2002, 11:47 PM   #29
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

here comes veruca...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 02:28 AM   #30
veruca salt
Platinum Member

wow, arky, you certain aren't helping my reputation!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-15-2002, 04:26 PM   #31
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Well...I just wasn't in the mood, so I thought I'd give you first shot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 08:28 PM   #32
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I've been thinking about it, and i don't actually think I am as much of a music nazi
as you'd like to think.
i think the biggest crime with music is not loving it. I don't care what you like, aslong as you get &quot;that&quot; feeling from it, that's all thats important.
There are so many people out there who music is just an aside, background noise...
but nothing beats that feeling you get down your spine when you
hear your favourite song.
I don't know what i'm trying to say anymore...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-15-2002, 10:48 PM   #33
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

sounds like poetry to me Veruca! I know a lot of the stuff I listen too is probably too commercialized/ordinary...but it makes me feel good, and I can relate to it. I definitely understand what you're saying!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:11 PM   #34
veruca salt
Platinum Member

that said... Avril Lavigne, what's that about??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
haha

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-16-2002, 05:53 PM   #35
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

poser she is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2002, 08:59 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Spinning right this moment is Billy Joel and Keeping the Faith.....

feeling kind of Joel-esque...tha man can just play....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:03 PM   #37
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Johnny Copeland, Albert Collins, Robert Cray--SHOWDOWN!

Black Cat Bone

Old 09-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #38
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Ben Kweller - Sha Sha
Rufus Wainwright - Poses
Some chevelle, Weezer, Tool, Counting Crows, AudioVent, Coldplay, and Phantom Planet.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:25 PM   #39
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

<< that said... Avril Lavigne, what's that about??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
haha
>>

what are you talkin about....
Old 09-17-2002, 06:42 PM   #40
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Finally with the Phantom Planet.
I've been waiting for an answer on that one for awhile.
Tell me more Ark.....

Got a copy of Supergrass - Life on Other Planets
wow. I like a lot.
Oh and the Music album....so Stone Roses

Smile like you mean it

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here