Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #41
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Tone Melodies View Post
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 9, 2009
Denver @ Dallas-- B. Salvatore; K. Mauer; M. Wunderlich
F***, we're screwed!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #42
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAC View Post
As long as we stop letting nene destroy us, and getting costly turnovers, we should be fine.

We need josh's help, but weve kept it together and havent been destroyed as of yet, not by enough to feel like giving this series up.

especially after having semi lackluster efforts by damn near everyone.

we can definitely win tonight, especially with dirk pissed off about his woman.

Jet could also step it up.

Now that were outta the damn mountains of colorado and the altitude isnt screwing with people, we`ll see iff we can tie this thing up, and maybe be more acclimated to denver on our next go round.

anyway, GO MAVS!
Even if Nene has 20 Mavs win
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #43
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

GO MAVS! BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THOSE BUTT NUGGETS!
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #44
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
we come from the land of the ice and snow
from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
the hammer of the gods
will drive our ships to new lands
to fight the hordes, sing and cry
valhalla I am coming
On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-09-2009 at 01:18 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #45
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I still think we're gonna sweep them. Is that so wrong?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #46
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Just do it! No execuses! Go Mavs!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #47
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

LET THE THRASHING COMMENCE!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #48
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Well I owned the Nuggets 2 times today online in Nba 2k9.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Said Mavericks assistant coach Mario Elie, who was known for his rugged side in winning three championship rings as a player with Houston and San Antonio: "That man gets beaten on every night, doesn't get calls, plays every night, plays hurt. And people don't want to see that side. I think Dirk is one of the toughest guys in the league. You see what he goes through on a night-in and night-out basis, getting knocked down, getting hacked and fouled. But he always brings it for this team. Always."
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #50
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Wow Avery trying to act cool in the pre game show.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #51
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Here the whole article concerning five-ofan's quotation of Mario Elie:

Nowitzki has had 'tough three days'
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

DALLAS -- Even before Dirk Nowitzki laid flat on his back, allowing his lifelong mentor from Germany to put him through an elaborate series of post-workout leg stretches, loose was a pretty apt description for the Dallas Mavericks' All-Star forward Friday night.

On the eve of Game 3 in the Dallas-Denver series, wearing his favorite ratty sweats and chattering away as he shot, Nowitzki looked and sounded pleased to be locked back into his time-tested playoff routine, having returned to an empty practice gym for some last-minute fine tuning of his jumper hours after the Mavericks' morning session.

"It's been a tough three days," Nowitzki said, "but I can't wait to get out there."

That opportunity finally comes Saturday afternoon for Nowitzki. The Mavericks are in a virtual must-win bind thanks to their 2-0 series deficit and their franchise player is still coming to terms with the events of Wednesday, when a woman named Cristal Taylor -- reported by numerous media outlets to be his fiancée -- was arrested at Nowitzki's Dallas home while the team was flying back from Denver.

After Thursday's practice, Nowitzki greeted a Dallas Cowboys-sized media horde by acknowledging that he's "going through a tough time in my personal life right now" but telling reporters that he is "not at the stage where I can talk about it yet and feel comfortable talking about it."

Following Friday's morning workout, Nowitzki declined to be interviewed by the waiting press pack but consented to a brief interview with ESPN.com after his night-time shooting and stretching with longtime personal coach Holger Geschwindner.

"It's a very difficult time for me and my family," Nowitzki said. "But basketball -- having a game tomorrow -- is going to be great for me."

Nowitzki, though, continues to deflect questions about his relationship with Taylor, reports she is pregnant and how much he knew about her past.

Taylor remains in Dallas County Jail on $20,000 bail after she was taken into custody on warrants accusing her of violating a probation sentence for two counts of forgery and one count of felony stealing in Missouri and a theft-of-service charge for failing to pay for an estimated $10,000 in dental work in Beaumont, Texas.

"After 11 years in the NBA, I think I understand how the media works," Nowitzki said. "You guys have a job to do, but I have a job to do with the Dallas Mavericks. So I hope you guys can respect that this is my private life and [that] I really need to keep it separate.

"This is a private matter and it's going to be worked out in private. This series is all that matters right now."

This series finds the Mavericks trying to rebound from two double-digit losses to the Nuggets, who outside of the unbeaten Cleveland Cavaliers, have been perhaps the most impressive so far in these playoffs. Dallas' chances have been further complicated by the uncertainty surrounding swingman Josh Howard. Widely regarded as the X-factor who swung a first-round series with San Antonio in the Mavericks' favor, Howard needs offseason surgery on his left ankle and was limited to six minutes in Game 2 because of a sprained right ankle he suffered in Game 1.

The Mavericks' concern about Nowitzki's ability to cope, by contrast, appears to be minimal in spite of the turbulence in his personal life. Coaches and teammates have publicly and privately backed Nowitzki's ability to maintain his focus through these distractions, pointing to the fact that the 30-year-old has been the Mavericks' only source of consistency in this series in spite of his off-court troubles. In two games against the Nuggets, Nowitzki is averaging 31.5 points and 9.5 rebounds and shooting 54.8 percent from the floor.

Asked Friday to gauge the state of Nowitzki's psyche, Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said flatly: "Dirk's fine."

Said Mavericks assistant coach Mario Elie, who was known for his rugged side in winning three championship rings as a player with Houston and San Antonio: "That man gets beaten on every night, doesn't get calls, plays every night, plays hurt. And people don't want to see that side. I think Dirk is one of the toughest guys in the league. You see what he goes through on a night-in and night-out basis, getting knocked down, getting hacked and fouled. But he always brings it for this team. Always."

Added Mavericks guard Jason Terry, when asked if he's worried about Nowitzki holding up against the combination of the Nuggets' deep stash of Dirk defenders and the increased media scrutiny he's faced since the team returned to practice Thursday: "Oh, no. Not [after] watching him prepare the last two days."

Nowitzki punctuated Friday night's tuneup the same way he usually does -- dunking off a deep knee bend and flat-footed jump from right under the basket -- and then insisted that he can back up Terry's confidence.

"I think Jason [Kidd] said it best: We all go through [difficult] stuff in the NBA, but you always go out and play," Nowitzki said. "I can't wait to get on that court so I can do what I do best."

Said Kidd after Thursday's practice: "Everybody is distracted every day by something. ... He's a human being. Life isn't perfect. You move on and you learn from it."

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 05-09-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #52
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

LINKS ???

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #53
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

can anybody post a link???
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #54
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

I guess everyone's at the game cause no one's here.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #55
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

espn360:

http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/index
Old 05-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #56
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
LINKS ???
link

atdhe isn't on yet, I hope this justin-one will work.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #57
Mascha99

Mascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really nice

Trying to get a live feed atm, man, I am excited, Dirk will rock today!

Last edited by Mascha99; 05-09-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Mascha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #58
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

zomg, i better find a link...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #59
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
link

atdhe isn't on yet, I hope this justin-one will work.
I really hope so because I don't have access to this game. I really would appreciate a working link too.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #60
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Jeez Damp...
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #61
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

http://www.atdhe.net/6954/watch-denver-vs-dallas
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #62
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Here you are -> link

Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #63
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

What the heck is Antoine Wright thinking...
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #64
Mascha99

Mascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really niceMascha99 is just really nice

Thanks, Digit, for this Link:

It is working, though it is very bad quality.
Mascha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #65
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Josh!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #66
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Josh is the man.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #67
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I'm in recession I ain't got money for tickets. Not even 2 dollar tickets!
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #68
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Nice play Josh. Terrible call though.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #69
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Another link: http://gobabby.net/17.htm
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #70
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha99 View Post
Thanks, Digit, for this Link:

It is working, though it is very bad quality.
True, but better than nothing. I didn't find a better one as well.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #71
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
Quote:
Here you are -> link
Thanks for the link guys. Quality isn't too good but its really better than nothing right now.

Go Mavs!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #72
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
doesn't work

Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #73
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Just interrupted the 820th anniversary of our beloved habour to watch that crappy Steak house fu%king our game. Haha....
Old 05-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #74
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
doesn't work
Working for me im watching it right now. But the quality is the same as the other one so doesnt matter.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #75
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Whoa.. that's gonna be a few posters. Damp got a huge facial there.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #76
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

damp has to sit him on his ass...foul him hard and send a message!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #77
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

wow. bench dampier for the rest of the series. what the F*** was that..
Old 05-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #78
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Working for me im watching it right now. But the quality is the same as the other one so doesnt matter.
Yes, now it works. Well, I ddin't wait until the link came up, I just clicked on the tag "live streaming" -> new window opened and nothing happened

Old 05-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #79
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Ryan Hollins was playing great.

He just picks up too many fouls.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #80
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Damp is a joke man.

Tags
game 4 comeback!, gdt 08/09, great foul wright, kick their ass, my anus is bleeding!, nba is rigged., no funeral, salvadore beats us again, worst gdt ever