Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default Lottery?

Sorry if this is posted...
but, is anyone thinking the Mavs should fall all the way out of the playoffs,and enter the lottery?
Their 2012 pick is top 20 protected, and they could possibly land a decent young sg/sf (Austin Rivers has been projected as low as 13). And you never know with the lottery, we might get a bounce......
Just seems like a good option to add an athletic sg/sf to go with Deron(if it happens)...
I was holding out hope for the Mavs to get hot, and give it a shot,but i dont think this squad has it in it....
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Or is the pick only top 20 protected going from Laker to Rockets?
Im not sure...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The chances that the Mavs miss the playoffs this season are very slim. I'd say making the playoffs 12 years straight is a much better sell for Deron than a 12-14 lottery pick.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love Mavs fans. Let's look forward to the playoffs by hoping we miss them... because that's what fans want... to miss the playoffs less than a year removed from winning a title. That just makes all the sense in the world.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I didn't play the Mega Millions.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Just211
Platinum Member

Me neither...and i dont think they'll win the lotto. Im just thinkin this year was really just a plan for next year's squad,and itd be great to have a YOUNG piece.
And, I ve been holding out all year, waiting for this team to team to come together, and thought it really had a chance, but as of right now, i dont see it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

are we really talking about this?
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

How spoiled do we get as fans when we make statements like this? Some teams would kill to get into the playoffs and have a superstar like Dirk who allows you, no matter what, to have a chance against any team. Yet here some people are seriously suggesting that the Mavericks tank and intentionally miss the playoffs for a shot at a random player who may become absolutely nothing in the NBA.

I know I'm not the only one who, despite recent losses, is still excited for this team in the playoffs.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Lottery? Lottery? Don't talk about Lottery. You kidding me? Lottery? I just hope we can win a game!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Lottery? Lottery? Don't talk about Lottery. You kidding me? Lottery? I just hope we can win a game!
Shouldn't that be "lose a game!"?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Well lets get something clear first. If the Mavs miss the playoffs it won't be because they tanked. It will be because they simply aren't good enough to be in the post season. Now with that being said, if the Mavs don't start cranking otu some wins they won't have to worry about "tanking" games. Mavs simply need to win games.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Yeah, i didnt mean they should tank. I meant the way theyve been playin, would you rather them just fall short. Regardless, they'll be in, and i hope they at least get it together somehow and make a run.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are about 90 seconds away from clinching the playoffs

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, this is a really nice thread...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg triumph_insult_comic_dog.jpg (36.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

it was a good 3-day run for this thread. It will be missed.

Had it had an "official: lottery thread" title it may have survived, but alas I see no more life in thee.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-19-2012 at 10:13 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
Just211
Platinum Member

My first thread in over two years and its
Officially: my worst ever
i ban myself for another two years...
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211 View Post
My first thread in over two years and its
Officially: my worst ever
i ban myself for another two years...
+rep (You must spread some Reputation before giving it to Just211 again) for admitting the fact that its definitely one of the worst threads that everyone on this board has ever witnessed.

Ps: Mods, is there a way to remove this thread? I'm sure a bunch can't stand seeing this.

Last edited by sbibi; 04-20-2012 at 10:02 AM.
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awful awful thread, suicide is an option too